PDA

View Full Version : Dundee turn down £1m for Caulker

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Wow.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/exclusive-dundee-reject-1m-bid-from-champions-league-side-for-steven-caulker/

CB_NO3
03-04-2018, 10:29 AM
To me that reads Caulker has a summer deal lined up. Have a feeling he might end up at Celtic if he does well. Rodgers played a big part in getting him to Scotland apparently.

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 10:30 AM
To me that reads Caulker has a summer deal lined up. Have a feeling he might end up at Celtic if he does well. Rodgers played a big part in getting him to Scotland apparently.

Great business for Dundee regardless. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Not selling goes against the "scoop" in the Daily Glasgow that claimed that Dundee were all but bankrupt.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2018, 10:40 AM
I saw the highlights of their game v St Johnstone and i'd have bit your hand off for £10 for him after that performance never mind a million.

ancient hibee
03-04-2018, 10:43 AM
He’s as far from being good enough for Celtic as most of their present centre halves.

Stevie Reid
03-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Utterly bizarre, if true. How impressive can he possibly have been so far? Dundee have won one, drawn one, and lost four of the six he's played in. Why is he suddenly worth paying £1M for, when this team could've acquired him for nothing just a few weeks ago?

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Probably get shot down but from what i've seen of him so far he looks like an average defender. Maybe not fully match fit yet right enough. I think there's a lot of average English players way overvalued and i reckon he's one.

hibbyfraelibby
03-04-2018, 11:05 AM
He's being touted as part of the family silver sell off at Dens and this figure is "leaked" as part of that process to attract offers. Bit like alleged Chinese bids of silly money for the duffer at Ibroke.

Brightside
03-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Never happened 1/10

JDHibs
03-04-2018, 12:42 PM
Not a chance.

Doubt anyone outwith the old firm would reject £1m for a player that was signed for nothing 3 months ago.

Jim44
03-04-2018, 01:04 PM
What’s a guy, ‘worth’ £1m with experience at EPL clubs doing at Dundee in the first place?

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 01:11 PM
What’s a guy, ‘worth’ £1m with experience at EPL clubs doing at Dundee in the first place?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/29/steven-caulker-mental-illness-addictions-gambling-drinking-qpr

NAE NOOKIE
03-04-2018, 01:13 PM
Don't believe for a second Dundee could afford to turn down an offer of a million quid, hells bells, for a player they got for nothing ... they would have to be mental ... unless of course they genuinely think he is the difference between survival and relegation.

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Don't believe for a second Dundee could afford to turn down an offer of a million quid, hells bells, for a player they got for nothing ... they would have to be mental ... unless of course they genuinely think he is the difference between survival and relegation.

“There has been a substantial bid. It’s got to the stage where it well exceeds the club record fee we have received for a player – but it’s been knocked back. Well over a million.
“I’m delighted with John Nelms because we can’t afford to lose someone like Steven, especially at this stage of the season.
“I have to say Steven is aware of it. We’ve told him about it, it’s important he knows these things, but he says he’s got business here to do which is great.
“It’s an unbelievable bid.”

Neil McCann

Jim44
03-04-2018, 01:48 PM

That goes a long way in explaining the situation. :agree:

snooky
03-04-2018, 01:53 PM

Or they've not burned their bridges and may be able to have their kayak and eat it.:dunno:

Deansy
03-04-2018, 02:03 PM
“There has been a substantial bid. It’s got to the stage where it well exceeds the club record fee we have received for a player – but it’s been knocked back. Well over a million.
“I’m delighted with John Nelms because we can’t afford to lose someone like Steven, especially at this stage of the season.
“I have to say Steven is aware of it. We’ve told him about it, it’s important he knows these things, but he says he’s got business here to do which is great.

Neil McCann

McCann using the experience he gained at James Traynor ................. sorry - at Rangers !

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 02:11 PM
McCann using the experience he gained at James Traynor ................. sorry - at Rangers !

:greengrin

Stevie Reid
04-04-2018, 10:37 PM
Now claiming it was nearly £2M:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43648626

Aye, sound mate.

ian cruise
05-04-2018, 05:56 PM
Now claiming it was nearly £2M:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43648626

Aye, sound mate.

I heard that on McCann's interview before the game. Also said he hoped Caulker would pulled on the dark blue of Scotland. I thought Caulker had already been capped (and scored) at international level for England, what is McCann spraffing on about?

Allant1981
05-04-2018, 06:03 PM
I heard that on McCann's interview before the game. Also said he hoped Caulker would pulled on the dark blue of Scotland. I thought Caulker had already been capped (and scored) at international level for England, what is McCann spraffing on about?

it was only a friendly so can still play for scotland

pacorosssco
05-04-2018, 06:04 PM
We're solvent honest. No way dundee turn down that money

Sauzee16
05-04-2018, 06:12 PM
Maybe just maybe they have and are helping the player big time before he leaves in the summer? You don’t turn ***** overnight.

ian cruise
06-04-2018, 06:51 AM
it was only a friendly so can still play for scotland

Fair enough, though that's the sort of thing that puts me off international football. Capped at every level including full team (albeit a friendly) but can chose to switch allegiances.

Brightside
06-04-2018, 07:32 AM

Neil McCann

He's lying.

Brightside
06-04-2018, 07:35 AM
and hes not good enough for scotland. Do the press ever actually watch players now? He's rank rotten.