PDA

View Full Version : Odds for 2nd

ValleyHibee
02-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Best odds- Huns 1/1 , Sheep 1/1, Hibs 9/1, must be worth a few quid,assuming we win next two and huns win on sat we go into post split only 1 point behind them,the sheep are in poll position but they have a couple of tough games,Well and ****bos away,if they don't win them both then that is a Massive price for Hibs.

Greenbeard
02-04-2018, 09:58 PM
Best odds- Huns 1/1 , Sheep 1/1, Hibs 9/1, must be worth a few quid,assuming we win next two and huns win on sat we go into post split only 1 point behind them,the sheep are in poll position but they have a couple of tough games,Well and ****bos away,if they don't win them both then that is a Massive price for Hibs.
Agree, best value odds by miles. Mystic Meg told me pre-split will be 2 wins for Hibs, 2 draws for the Sheep, 1 win for the Huns, meaning we split at 2nd Huns 62 pts, 3rd Hibs 61 pts ahead on GD of 4th Sheep 61 pts.
Given their poor record v the top teams, the Sheep could then fall away post-split and I'd favour us to get a couple of more points than the Hunsh-ites even if we do end up playing through there. But just gaining one more point than them would not be enough given their massively superior GD. Def worth a punt at 9/1 tho.

qiut
03-04-2018, 05:57 AM
Where are you seeing these odds, are they online. I fancy a punt.

Greenbeard
03-04-2018, 08:21 AM
Where are you seeing these odds, are they online. I fancy a punt.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/premiership/top-2-finish

qiut
03-04-2018, 08:40 AM
Cheers

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 08:43 AM
Hibs were 8/1 a couple of weeks ago.

The bookies obviously think that while we might outperform one of the teams above us, bettering both of them is too much of a stretch and I tend to agree.

We'd really need 9 points from Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts away. The cumulative odds of those 3 games alone would probably be more than 9/1.

We also need to win tonight and away at Ross County. For a start, tonight could be tricky because of the heavy pitch.

I hope we do finish 2nd, but I can't see it so I'm not going to back it.

Now if there were odds on finishing third ...

Greenbeard
03-04-2018, 08:48 AM

The bookies obviously think that while we might outperform one of the teams above us, bettering both of them is too much of a stretch and I tend to agree.

We'd really need 9 points from Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts away. The cumulative odds of those 3 games alone would probably be more than 9/1.

We also need to win tonight and away at Ross County. For a start, tonight could be tricky because of the heavy pitch.

7/4 for third with SkyBet

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 08:53 AM
7/4 for third with SkyBet

Thanks.

hibbysam
03-04-2018, 08:57 AM

We need to win these two games, if we do that then we will be, IMO, at worst 2 points behind 2nd (Can’t see Aberdeen winning both, there is a decent chance they won’t win any). I don’t think we will need to win all three of those games. After the split is a free for all with no easy games. Aberdeen will lose to both Celtic and Rangers as usual, Rangers will lose to Celtic as normal. Killie picking up 6-8 points after the split would be ideal which would mean we finish above them but they’ll have beaten one and drew with the other. Hearts getting a couple of draws would also suit us. I can’t really see any side picking up more than 8 after the split apar from Celtic.

Essentially if Aberdeen are second 1 ahead of rangers who are 1 ahead of us, it’ll just be a 5 game minileague and winning that by 2 points isn’t that big an ask.

JimboHibs
03-04-2018, 08:57 AM
20/1 at the start of the season.

bingo70
03-04-2018, 08:59 AM

I agree with the general sentiment that we probably won’t finish 2nd however not sure I agree with your point regarding needing those three wins.

Win the next 2 is a must to have a chance, beat rangers after the split and draws with Aberdeen and/or hearts could well be enough if Aberdeen don’t win their last 2 before the split which is entirely possible.

Without doing the maths is your assumption that Aberdeen it rangers will win all their remaining games apart from maybe us and Celtic?

Greenbeard
03-04-2018, 09:09 AM
Thanks.
The current value is in 9/1 for 2nd. Not saying mortgage the house but worth a wee interest to fund a night oot. If we win tonight and the Sheep drop points, these odds will be cut a fair bit. If we end up needing at least 9 points from the post-split matches, I'd see them potentially coming from wins v Yams and Killie, and another three from either draws with each of the Sheep, Hunsh-ites and Tic, or one win v. one of them. Yes, accumulative odds would def be better, but which combo to get the nine points?

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 09:19 AM
I agree with the general sentiment that we probably won’t finish 2nd however not sure I agree with your point regarding needing those three wins.

Win the next 2 is a must to have a chance, beat rangers after the split and draws with Aberdeen and/or hearts could well be enough if Aberdeen don’t win their last 2 before the split which is entirely possible.

Without doing the maths is your assumption that Aberdeen it rangers will win all their remaining games apart from maybe us and Celtic?

I'm assuming that Rangers and Aberdeen will do at least as well as us in their games against Celtic and Hearts.

They might not, but it's logical to do so otherwise I'd be betting on what I hope will happen rather than probability.

That's fine and I'm sure people have won money on hunches etc but I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic.

Aberdeen are 4 points ahead of us with the same games played. 2nd place is in their own hands. A draw against them means that they would have to lose and draw while we continued to win.

I've acknowledged that it might happen, but there's a reason we've gone out to 9/1 and they've shortened.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 09:23 AM
The current value is in 9/1 for 2nd. Not saying mortgage the house but worth a wee interest to fund a night oot. If we win tonight and the Sheep drop points, these odds will be cut a fair bit. If we end up needing at least 9 points from the post-split matches, I'd see them potentially coming from wins v Yams and Killie, and another three from either draws with each of the Sheep, Hunsh-ites and Tic, or one win v. one of them. Yes, accumulative odds would def be better, but which combo to get the nine points?

If Aberdeen win tonight, they'll be odds on to finish 2nd.

Greenbeard
03-04-2018, 09:40 AM
Sure, I just don't think the Sheep will win tonight. 'Well seem to have shown some decent form recently, admittedly judged only by tv highlights. Lots of IFs in hoping we finish 2nd but if you keep waiting for results to be more sure then you lose the value in the punt. It is overpriced at the mo IMO. Might not be after tonight.

where'stheslope
03-04-2018, 06:00 PM
I love the idea of finishing 2nd in our first season back, but what are we going for next season as I still think Celtic will spend well to keep the league safe!
Most teams seem to struggle after splitting the old firm teams, whether it be losing players or just don't play well.
Being 2nd will put a big target on our back, and the cups will be a lottery again depending on the draws?
Still this has been a mega season that I for one never seen coming!!!

HibbyAndy
03-04-2018, 06:02 PM

And if they don't and we win i'd fancy us to finish above Aberdeen come the end

Hibrandenburg
03-04-2018, 06:57 PM

I got in at 12/1

Sweet Left Peg
03-04-2018, 08:43 PM

Sure was :aok:

Greenbeard
03-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Sheep now 4/6 for 2nd, HUnsh-ites 6/4, Hibs remain 9/1.
Good thing is we got the three points tonight. Even tho the Sheep did too I still fancy we can make up the 4 point deficit on them over the last six games.

Austinho
03-04-2018, 10:28 PM
Sheep now 4/6 for 2nd, HUnsh-ites 6/4, Hibs remain 9/1.
Good thing is we got the three points tonight. Even tho the Sheep did too I still fancy we can make up the 4 point deficit on them over the last six games.They’ve got Hearts at Tynecastle, whilst we’ve got Ross County in Dingwall next.

It’s not inconceivable to think we could be within 1 or 2 points of them with the same goal difference by the start of the split. It would be in our hands at that point.

The advantage they have after the split is they don’t have a tense derby match to navigate. They also have us at Pittodrie, and they probably won’t get shafted by the fixtures whereas it’s looking like we will. They do however have a shocking record against the Old Firm.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-04-2018, 11:19 PM

I only got 14/1 with Skybet [emoji1361] Would still love to collect my winnings in a few weeks though

ValleyHibee
04-04-2018, 01:07 AM
Needed the sheep to drop points against well but just have too hope the horrible lot can do us a turn twice,no way did I think Hibs were a certainty for 2nd but they were a value bet so stuck a ton on them.

Greenbeard
07-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Hibs now 12/1 for 2nd. Hunsh-ites now in to odds-on 4/6 and Sheep out to 11/8

Greenbeard
07-04-2018, 05:48 PM
2/1 for top three with Sheep at 1/8. Eh???

Smartie
07-04-2018, 05:55 PM

Where are you seeing that?

Greenbeard
07-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Where are you seeing that?
Skybet

1van Sprou7e
07-04-2018, 06:35 PM

Killie at 150/1

Unlikely they can do it obviously but they're only 10 points off Aberdeen with a game in hand and we all know Aberdeen love a good old fashioned bottle

Hibbyradge
29-04-2018, 04:10 PM
If folk took 9/1, they must be getting offered a cash out now.

The 3 games I thought would be most significant for us, Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers, are still going to be tough, but we probably don't need to win all 3 now.

I can't find any odds for 2nd place now, apart bizarrely, from on Oddschecker where you can get 1000/1 on Hearts :hilarious

Northernhibee
29-04-2018, 04:12 PM
If folk took 9/1, they must be getting offered a cash out now.

The 3 games I thought would be most significant for us, Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers, are still going to be tough, but we probably don't need to win all 3 now.

I can't find any odds for 2nd place now, apart bizarrely, from on Oddschecker where you can get 1000/1 on Hearts :hilarious

Tbh I still think we really need nine points.

Hibbyradge
29-04-2018, 04:14 PM
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/premiership/betting-without-celtic

Hibs are now 7/2 third favourites.

Speedy
29-04-2018, 04:27 PM
Tbh I still think we really need nine points.

6 could be enough provided a win is against Aberdeen.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2018, 04:29 PM
Win against Aberdeen and we are favourites IMO

Jack Hackett
29-04-2018, 04:32 PM
Win against Aberdeen and we are favourites IMO

... and the odds will drop dramatically. Get your dosh on now :greengrin

Onceinawhile
29-04-2018, 04:34 PM
7/2 now. Win at Aberdeen and that'll look astronomical.

BoomtownHibees
29-04-2018, 04:36 PM
I got 11/1 on Skybet back on the 15th April

Sammy7nil
29-04-2018, 04:56 PM
7/2 now. Win at Aberdeen and that'll look astronomical.

Just bet Hibs to win at Aberdeen then play up your winnings

Danderhall Hibs
29-04-2018, 04:58 PM

Worth a pound.

Jim Herriot
29-04-2018, 05:03 PM
Worth a pound.

The bet, or the club?

Danderhall Hibs
29-04-2018, 05:17 PM
The bet, or the club?

:hilarious

leither17
29-04-2018, 05:50 PM
20/1 at the start of the season

RoYO!
29-04-2018, 05:52 PM
My cash out offer is up to a whopping £6.16! Potential return of £40.

:D

BoomtownHibees
29-04-2018, 06:05 PM
My cash out offer is up to a whopping £6.16! Potential return of £40.

:D

£25 cash out for my £10 bet

Nevi_SOL
29-04-2018, 06:26 PM
The bet, or the club?

Bravo 😂

Joe6-2
29-04-2018, 06:31 PM
The bet, or the club?

Ha ha, brilliant

overdrive
29-04-2018, 06:45 PM
I have a fiver on at 20/1 from earlier in the season. Only being offered £14.97 cash out.

vein
29-04-2018, 07:07 PM
I got 14/1 on Saturday morning with bet365. Noticed that betfair were 6/1 at the time. 14/1 was huge given it’s mentioned above we were 20/1 at the start of the season!