PDA

View Full Version : The return of Brandon Barker

GreenCastle
02-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Hopefully back in action soon..was one of our best players before his injury.

Not sure who he will replace but going to be exciting having Barker, Boyle and Allan in the same team.

GreenLake
02-04-2018, 07:07 PM
I bought a shirt with Barker 20 so I sure hope he starts playing soon. He might be off at the end of the season but I have a mate called Barker and if he ever wants to wear a Hibs jersey.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 07:09 PM
That’s entertainment

Speedy
02-04-2018, 07:10 PM
I suspect he'll have to wait his turn on the bench.

Great issue to have.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 07:12 PM

Great issue to have.

He’ll be on the bench as soon as he’s fit

Jack Hackett
02-04-2018, 07:16 PM
Deserves another shot at tearing the hertz a new one

B.H.F.C
02-04-2018, 07:30 PM
Since we changed shape, and have went on this unbeaten run, it’s difficult to see him getting back in to the team IMO.

Good option to have though.

Deansy
02-04-2018, 07:31 PM
Can't come soon enough - Brandon Barker in full flight is a thing of beauty !

West lower
02-04-2018, 07:51 PM

Great issue to have.

Which in turn will see Danny Swanson miss out. Which is what was happening in January.

hibsbollah
02-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Since we changed shape, and have went on this unbeaten run, it’s difficult to see him getting back in to the team IMO.

Good option to have though.

He'll be straight back into the team IMO. Too good to be left out.

Souter96Mac
02-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Our current formation and lineup seems to have gelled well and is working well, but Barker is a quality option to have off the bench running at tired legs. Could only see him starting if either one of Flo or Maclaren are dropped.

Col2
02-04-2018, 08:26 PM
Really hope we can get him for next season even if it’s first half of season.

B.H.F.C
02-04-2018, 08:30 PM

No he’s not. He was coming on to a game pre injury but had one goal and about three assists all season.

Who does he replace?

KWJ
02-04-2018, 08:30 PM
He had a couple of very productive games and has done many exciting things without wnd product in others so I wouldn't say he's been one of our best players this season. Great option to have from the bench.

ancient hibee
02-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Don’t think we’ll change what has been the most successful formation but will use him later in games depending on the situation.

bingo70
02-04-2018, 08:32 PM

He’s not played any development games yet has he?

The time he’s been out I’d have thought he’d need to get a couple of those games under his belt then a game or two off the bench. Assuming he’s not involved tomorrow night that only leaves 6 games left so I don’t think he’s really got the time to establish himself as a regular starter again.

Lancs Harp
02-04-2018, 08:36 PM
No he’s not. He was coming on to a game pre injury but had one goal and about three assists all season.

Who does he replace?

Horses for courses, like playing Marv against a physical team or when we need a bit of defensive strength in midfield. If we are playing a team we feel we need to attack from the start or perhaps are a bit weak wide then we play Boyle on one side and Barker on the other, the natural player to miss out would be Lewis as Barker offers far more going forward.

B.H.F.C
02-04-2018, 08:44 PM
Horses for courses, like playing Marv against a physical team or when we need a bit of defensive strength in midfield. If we are playing a team we feel we need to attack from the start or perhaps are a bit weak wide then we play Boyle on one side and Barker on the other, the natural player to miss out would be Lewis as Barker offers far more going forward.

Don’t see it happening. As someone else mentioned he’s going to need a bit of time to get back up to speed. At this stage of the season he’s not going to get that starting for the first team.

Lancs Harp
02-04-2018, 08:46 PM
Don’t see it happening. As someone else mentioned he’s going to need a bit of time to get back up to speed. At this stage of the season he’s not going to get that starting for the first team.

I wast necessarily meaning next week or the week after. Just tactically where he'll fit in when hes fit.

Onceinawhile
02-04-2018, 08:47 PM
Must admit I'd forgotten about him.

Lee Marvin
02-04-2018, 08:55 PM

Injury or shocking performance aside, he won't.

For who exactly? Lewis?? No chance

Dashing Bob S
02-04-2018, 08:55 PM
I’m a fan of Barkers. Great player.

Lancs Harp
02-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Injury or shocking performance aside, he won't.

For who exactly? Lewis?? No chance

If we are playing 3 at the back and looking for goals then Brandon offers an awful lot more than Lewis does. Horses for courses like I said earlier.

Lee Marvin
02-04-2018, 09:13 PM
If we are playing 3 at the back and looking for goals then Brandon offers an awful lot more than Lewis does. Horses for courses like I said earlier.

He is never a wing back in his life. Boyle can get away with it as his work rate and desire are phenomenal. Barker doesn't work anywhere near as hard as Boyle and plays in bursts. We would be ripped apart down his side.

In no way does barker 'go right back into the side' when fit (and i'am a big fan of his)

Lancs Harp
02-04-2018, 09:16 PM
He is never a wing back in his life. Boyle can get away with it as his work rate and desire are phenomenal. Barker doesn't work anywhere near as hard as Boyle and plays in bursts. We would be ripped apart down his side.

In no way does barker 'go right back into the side' when fit (and i'am a big fan of his)

We'll see mate, book marked :greengrin

MagicSwirlingShip
02-04-2018, 11:03 PM
Don’t think he would ever be played as a left wing back. Ain’t gonna happen.

Most likely we will see him introduced after 70 minutes when he is fit & ready.

Eaststandee
02-04-2018, 11:03 PM
Great wee player to have back at it

:flag:

shetlandhibee
03-04-2018, 12:04 AM
Don’t think he would ever be played as a left wing back. Ain’t gonna happen.

Most likely we will see him introduced after 70 minutes when he is fit & ready.
this.. dangerous impact sub when fit Strengthning squad at Buisness end of season:agree:

Hermit Crab
03-04-2018, 01:56 AM
How far away is he from full fitness?

calumhibee1
03-04-2018, 06:00 AM
I reckon in the current system that he could only really be competing with Allan for a position. Even then, it wouldn’t be in his best position. He’s more likely to be used as a sub to change the game from now on IMO which is unfortunate as he’s a superb footballer. Hopefully he’s here next season as I doubt we’ll still be 3-5-2 once we lose players in the summer.

Greenbeard
03-04-2018, 07:30 AM

Aye. Boyle is nifty but he also has a good enough aerobic engine to get up and down the park. Barker, exciting as his runs with the ball are, is more of a speed merchant and needs longer to recover after efforts. If things continue working well with the current set-up, the only game time I see Barker getting is maybe as a sub for Boyle in the last few matches and attacking an already tired defence.

Hibee Mac
03-04-2018, 07:41 AM
Sorry but Barker is not one of our best players, most exciting? Yes, best player no chance.

Funnily enough I do rate the guy but I don't think him and Allan would work as well as some might think. Allan loves having movement in front of him and lives off of playing the ball into the path of where someone is going to be in a few seconds from now.

Barker on the other hand has a bad habit of standing still on the wing and waiting for the ball to come to him before making any movement.

Basically, mark my words Allan and Barker won't gel together (I may regret that...)

Ozyhibby
03-04-2018, 07:48 AM
How far away is he from full fitness?

Lennon said first game after the split.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
03-04-2018, 07:48 AM
Maybe worth remembering Scott Allan won’t be able to play against Celtic so if that’s late enough on in the season to give him time to recover fully he could get a start in that game without disrupting the shape of the side too much.

hibbysam
03-04-2018, 07:54 AM
Sorry but Barker is not one of our best players, most exciting? Yes, best player no chance.

Funnily enough I do rate the guy but I don't think him and Allan would work as well as some might think. Allan loves having movement in front of him and lives off of playing the ball into the path of where someone is going to be in a few seconds from now.

Barker on the other hand has a bad habit of standing still on the wing and waiting for the ball to come to him before making any movement.

Basically, mark my words Allan and Barker won't gel together (I may regret that...)

Sorry BB is one of our best players. Has the ability to destroy defences and the reason he waits on the ball is so he has more distance between him and the defender to use his skill and pace to get in behind.

J-C
03-04-2018, 09:18 AM
Barker flatters all too often, great pace and dribbling skills but hardly any end product, who would he replace right at this minute? no one.

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2018, 09:20 AM
Barker flatters all too often, great pace and dribbling skills but hardly any end product, who would he replace right at this minute? no one.

This is where i am. If he had an end product to match his dribbling ability and pace he'd be in Manchester City's first team. His finishing and crossing has been woeful at times. Dens springs to mind. Will be great having him back as an option for the run in though. At a time when most teams are losing players we're getting them back.

Hibee Mac
03-04-2018, 09:47 AM
Sorry BB is one of our best players. Has the ability to destroy defences and the reason he waits on the ball is so he has more distance between him and the defender to use his skill and pace to get in behind.

No arguments here RE his ability he's a cracking prospect, I just don't think he has the end product to be considered one of our best players.

hibsbollah
03-04-2018, 09:52 AM
This is where i am. If he had an end product to match his dribbling ability and pace he'd be in Manchester City's first team. His finishing and crossing has been woeful at times. Dens springs to mind. Will be great having him back as an option for the run in though. At a time when most teams are losing players we're getting them back.

No he wouldn't. He could be the best player in Scotland and he'd still be behind Leroy Sane and a few others at Citeh. I think Barker is the best attacking player we have and even though his goal and assists stats don't show it he gives us a totally different element when he plays and he allows others opportunities.

TiaMaria
03-04-2018, 10:19 AM

Couldn't agree more.

JDHibs
03-04-2018, 10:44 AM
Dont disrupt the team. We have been beaten once in the league since the winter break, we have changed shape and look settled along with getting results.

We are in the best form over a 6 game period in the league along with Killie.

Put him on the bench, great player to be able to bring on!

Laced1875
03-04-2018, 11:07 AM
He is a great option if we want to change formation and play with one up top.

GreenOnions
03-04-2018, 11:41 AM
No he wouldn't. He could be the best player in Scotland and he'd still be behind Leroy Sane and a few others at Citeh. I think Barker is the best attacking player we have and even though his goal and assists stats don't show it he gives us a totally different element when he plays and he allows others opportunities.

I don't think there's enough evidence to say he's the best attacking player we have. He's not really had a long enough run of games to show that. McGinn and Allan both consistently deliver more telling passes per game in the final third IMHO.

I do agree with you that he is a very valuable player to have and could complement the likes of McGinn and Allan very well. I'd really like to see him back next year and getting an extended run of games.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-04-2018, 12:17 PM
Quality player. Sometimes I get the impression that playing him means a different shape.

offshorehibby
03-04-2018, 12:24 PM
At present he wouldn't walk into the team but it would be good to have him fit and coming off the bench.

I agree his current wage will be well out of our range but that's more down to the club we loaned him from. Before he came to Hibs i don't think he set the world on fire with previous loan spells. He needs to decide what he wants, bum about different loan clubs, on big money till his contract's up or settle down on a lower wage, get regular football and grow as a player.

Would NL actually want him next season.

RossScott1991
03-04-2018, 12:24 PM
Hope he has enjoyed his time here enough to want to sign permanently next season, great wee player. Genuinely believe he has the ability to become a 10+ goal a season player

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Barker has fantastic potential and a good footballing brain. He actually reminds me of Paul Hartley in his younger days at Hibs.

Spike Mandela
03-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Had actually forgotten about him. Would be great to get him and Gray back in the squad.