PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

SanFranHibs
02-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Watching him in recent matches (ok....highlights) and it is good to see that he really seems to be enjoying his second spell here. Must be a good feeling to be playing every week especially with the team challenging for second spot.

Going to be an exciting finish to the season.

:flag:

Hibeewilly
02-04-2018, 04:49 PM
Terrific player....so glad he chose to come back....we are extremely lucky to have him and looks like he will be here next season

Souter96Mac
02-04-2018, 05:09 PM
Him and hibs are a great match. We get a quality player that we've been missing since he left, and he gets to play week in week out in a good side challenging at the top of the table. Get him signed

Famous Fiver
02-04-2018, 05:15 PM
Pal who supports Partick was at the game and didn't think much of him. Thought he looked sluggish.

I thought Allan stuck at it despite pretty close man marking, and when Whittaker came on he really came on to a game, and was a real threat in the last half hour especially.

Really pleased he was playing for us and not against us.

Franck Stanton
02-04-2018, 05:19 PM
Terrific player....so glad he chose to come back....we are extremely lucky to have him and looks like he will be here next season

What makes you think he will be here next season ? Not looking for an argument, would love him to sign on, have you any inside info or just hoping he signs ?

Hibeewilly
02-04-2018, 05:30 PM
What makes you think he will be here next season ? Not looking for an argument, would love him to sign on, have you any inside info or just hoping he signs ?
I have a mate who has a contact at Parkhead and he has been told he will be here next season. But like everything else Franck if a club approaches Celtic and offers silly money things can change rapidly. In saying that Scotts situation is slightly different in that he is diabetic. He has told a few people through there that Hibs managed his condition brilliantly in the past and present and that is a major consideration for Scott

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2018, 05:33 PM
Thought he was made to look poor on Saturday, predominantly down to the total lack of movement/energy from those around him which must have had him tearing his hair out at times. Much better in the second half though from all.

eastcoasthibby
02-04-2018, 05:43 PM

Really where is that coming from ? And sincerely hope so ...

Hibeewilly
02-04-2018, 05:56 PM
Really where is that coming from ? And sincerely hope so ...
See post 6 ECH

Smartie
02-04-2018, 06:38 PM
I thought he was a wee bit off his game yesterday, yet on another day he could easily have come off the park with 4 assists to his name.

If that's him a wee bit below par and without our strongest player beside him......,

WestStandWillie
02-04-2018, 06:47 PM
I remember some wifey on Twitter saying she was handing back her ST when Allan came back. Wonder if she did or if she’s full of it?

Yorkshire HFC
02-04-2018, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=SanFranHibs;5359035]Watching him in recent matches (ok....highlights) and it is good to see that he really seems to be enjoying his second spell here. Must be a good feeling to be playing every week especially with the team challenging for second spot.

I don't get to many games these days, but was at the Partick game, which I thought was pretty poor - but you could tell that Scott Allan is quality - his delivery of corners, free kicks and crosses was top quality.

He reminded me a little bit of the first time I saw Griffiths - different class from the rest of the players

pacorosssco
02-04-2018, 08:06 PM
He must be glad to be away from neil mcann also.

Sir David Gray
02-04-2018, 08:09 PM
Pal who supports Partick was at the game and didn't think much of him. Thought he looked sluggish.

I thought Allan stuck at it despite pretty close man marking, and when Whittaker came on he really came on to a game, and was a real threat in the last half hour especially.

Really pleased he was playing for us and not against us.

He was poor in the first half like most of the team was. It was probably his poorest 45 minutes since he arrived.

Improved in the second half although I'm not surprised that your mate wasn't overly impressed.

ancient hibee
02-04-2018, 08:15 PM
He was poor generally in the first half but still laid on two chances that a wee girl from the Brownies could have put in.

S4uzee
02-04-2018, 08:45 PM
I’m sure he’s had an assist or goal in every game he’s played since coming back.

Very influential player

Dashing Bob S
02-04-2018, 08:54 PM
Allan’s like pizza and sex. Even when he’s not that good he’s still pretty damn good.

My_Wife_Camille
02-04-2018, 10:53 PM
I make it that he’s only had 3 direct assists (4 if you count winning the penalty at Ibrox) but that he’s been hugely influential in 7 of the 11 goals we’ve scored since he came in. The difference he makes to the team is unreal