PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Main

Mikey09
01-04-2018, 10:48 PM
Don't know what the lads contract situation is but what I've seen of him he's got a bit of everything. If Maclaren goes back to his parent club along with Kamberi he's one I'd like to see at Easter road. Thoughts?

Hibstrooper
01-04-2018, 10:52 PM
Pretty sure he’s perm with Motherwell for a couple of years. Agree though he’s looked good so far but with that in mind unlikely unless we spend.

The lad he replaced, Moult, is struggling to get a game for Preston - maybe he’s an option?!

Souter96Mac
01-04-2018, 10:54 PM
Main looks a good player, wouldn't mind him, I'd rather have Moult though. Also keen on Kamara from Dundee at SJM replacement, and the likes of Campbell and Cadden from Motherwell, but doubt we could pay out for all of these.

Austinho
01-04-2018, 10:55 PM
Pretty sure he’s perm with Motherwell for a couple of years. Agree though he’s looked good so far but with that in mind unlikely unless we spend.

The lad he replaced, Moult, is struggling to get a game for Preston - maybe he’s an option?!Another top player in the SPL struggling at English Championship level shocker! When will they learn?

w pilton hibby
01-04-2018, 11:01 PM

The lad he replaced, Moult, is struggling to get a game for Preston - maybe he’s an option?!

Signed an 18 month contract in January this year.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2018/01/03/curtis-main-makes-motherwell-move/

ekhibee
02-04-2018, 12:20 AM
Don't know what the lads contract situation is but what I've seen of him he's got a bit of everything. If Maclaren goes back to his parent club along with Kamberi he's one I'd like to see at Easter road. Thoughts?
Looks a good player, and as you say seems to have a bit of everything. I'd love to see him playing for Hibs, but they'll make more money selling him to an English Championship side. Hope I'm wrong though! Just a guess, but if he's on a 1.5 year contract then Motherwell will probably need to sell him at the end of the season to make money on him unless they're confident he's going to sign a new contract with them and I can see them doing the same as they did with Moult.

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2018, 04:14 AM
He never looked tbat good against us.

Onceinawhile
02-04-2018, 06:19 AM
Another top player in the SPL struggling at English Championship level shocker! When will they learn?

Scored at the weekend though.

Interestingly garner and waghorn of rangers who struggled in the Scottish premiership have scored far more in the English championship.

bingo70
02-04-2018, 06:29 AM
Another top player in the SPL struggling at English Championship level shocker! When will they learn?

Another top player?

What are they meant to learn?

On the face of it I couldn’t disagree with your post more, the English championship has loads of players that went down there for peanuts, or for free and have had a decent career down there. It’s a great value market for them.

we are hibs
02-04-2018, 08:10 AM

Moult scored at the weekend but yeah he has been struggling before that. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at the Huns as they were sniffing about earlier this season and we all know they love a championship striker on loan

kentao
02-04-2018, 08:25 AM
Would also be interested in roarie deacon from Dundee. Skinned the hearts defence at will yesterday also created the goal with a perfect cross, could do with some shooting practice though.

ekhibee
02-04-2018, 08:54 AM
He never looked tbat good against us.
Scored a good goal against us.

Greenbeard
02-04-2018, 09:05 AM
Aye has looked good, strong and with an eye for goal on the highlights I've seen but then by some of our early season highlights you'd have picked out Stokes as MoM when he'd done f... all else all game. Pay more heed to those who saw him full 90mins v us.

SChibs
02-04-2018, 12:40 PM
Aye has looked good, strong and with an eye for goal on the highlights I've seen but then by some of our early season highlights you'd have picked out Stokes as MoM when he'd done f... all else all game. Pay more heed to those who saw him full 90mins v us.

Thought he played well against us to be honest

KWJ
02-04-2018, 12:52 PM
Boys a tank that gives his all. He reminds me a little of James Collins only Main is either getting the breaks or a much better player. His career to date is a bit odd, clearly well thought of when young to get move to boro.