PDA

View Full Version : Davies Red Card

Greenbeard
01-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Just seen. Show that clip to the Aussie cricket team. That is ball tampering Scotland style.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Disgraceful tackle and has really left his team in bother ahead of an absolutely vital match in midweek against Partick Thistle which he will now miss.

He's their captain as well.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Disgraceful tackle and has really left his team in bother ahead of an absolutely vital match in midweek against Partick Thistle which he will now miss.

2 game ban for him as well, at the worst time of the season for them

-Jonesy-
01-04-2018, 07:01 PM
Proper cowards attempt to injure an opponent. Take a look on KB if you dare...

"Shame it wasn't a career ender" "wish it had been on his throat" etc

hibbysam
01-04-2018, 07:10 PM

I’d be extremely surprised if they didn’t appeal it so he can play on Tuesday. A fine worth taking.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2018, 07:17 PM
I’d be extremely surprised if they didn’t appeal it so he can play on Tuesday. A fine worth taking.

Surely not.

As they said on Sportscene, it's possible that the compliance officer may actually extend his suspension due to the exceptional nature of the offence. If they appealed it just so he could play against Partick Thistle, I can see them banning him for around 4 or 5 games, which would then mean that he would miss the majority of the post-split fixtures.

I can't see them taking that risk.

murray26
01-04-2018, 07:18 PM
Glad he’s not playing against us.. animal

hibbysam
01-04-2018, 07:18 PM
Surely not.

As they said on Sportscene, it's possible that the compliance officer may actually extend his suspension due to the exceptional nature of the offence. If they appealed it just so he could play against Partick Thistle, I can see them banning him for around 4 or 5 games, which would then mean that he would miss the majority of the post-split fixtures.

I can't see them taking that risk.

Bans do not get extended. They’ll appeal saying it was accidental or some nonsense. Appealing is part of the game and the SFA won’t convene until late in the week.

Famous Fiver
01-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Hopefully appeal, if it happens, is heard before next Saturday.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Bans do not get extended. They’ll appeal saying it was accidental or some nonsense. Appealing is part of the game and the SFA won’t convene until late in the week.

15.9 Frivolous appeals and submissions
15.9.1 Where a Tribunal considers an appeal, it shall be open to the Tribunal to also consider whether:
15.9.1.1 The individual bringing the appeal had no prospect of success;
15.9.1.2 The appeal is considered by the Tribunal to have been an abuse of process or a
delaying tactic for the sanction originally imposed; and/or
15.9.1.3 The appeal is considered by the Tribunal to have been a frivolous claim.
15.9.2 If Appeals Proceedings are considered by the Tribunal to fall within the parameters of
Paragraph 15.9.1, an additional sanction may be imposed.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1823/judicial-panel-protocol-2017-18.pdf

hibbysam
01-04-2018, 07:39 PM
15.9 Frivolous appeals and submissions
15.9.1 Where a Tribunal considers an appeal, it shall be open to the Tribunal to also consider whether:
15.9.1.1 The individual bringing the appeal had no prospect of success;
15.9.1.2 The appeal is considered by the Tribunal to have been an abuse of process or a
delaying tactic for the sanction originally imposed; and/or
15.9.1.3 The appeal is considered by the Tribunal to have been a frivolous claim.
15.9.2 If Appeals Proceedings are considered by the Tribunal to fall within the parameters of
Paragraph 15.9.1, an additional sanction may be imposed.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1823/judicial-panel-protocol-2017-18.pdf

And that never gets imposed, as it’s basically impossible to determine. I can guarantee if Ross County appeal then the ban will stay as it is. The punishment is basically the £1k fine.

The Spaceman
01-04-2018, 08:27 PM
Absolutely appalling tackle!! Complete coward with no other intention than to cause serious injury to Scott Brown. He has to get an extended ban for that, serious foul play.

WeeRussell
01-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Absolutely appalling tackle!! Complete coward with no other intention than to cause serious injury to Scott Brown. He has to get an extended ban for that, serious foul play.

Agree. Worst ‘challenge’ I’ve seen in football for a while. Horrible and should be ashamed.

dp00
01-04-2018, 08:44 PM
If brown had made a challenge like that much more would have been made of it .... shocking challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
01-04-2018, 08:54 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wYju5roJzfc

Shocking challenge

Squealing pig
01-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Digusting challange.. brown wont forget and hopefully gets him back fair a square in a 50/50

IGRIGI
01-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Balls to taking a challenge like that.