PDA

View Full Version : Who’s in goals on Tuesday

Billy Whizz
01-04-2018, 05:55 PM
Rocky available again, but will Neil stick with Cammy Bell?

Lancs Harp
01-04-2018, 06:03 PM
Rocky for me. Cammy has done well but Rocky still our number one. I have a bit of a concern that Cammy gets too rooted to the spot for crosses/corners.

greenlex
01-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Bell has the gloves for me. Rocky needs to wait his turn.

3pm
01-04-2018, 06:12 PM
Rocky.

Borderhibbie76
01-04-2018, 06:14 PM
Rocky is the better of the two so has to be him...but Cammy's performances these last 2 weeks will Keep him on his toes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bingo70
01-04-2018, 06:17 PM
i think for Bell to take the gloves permanently he had to do something exceptional, I thought he did that when he saved the shot in the build up to Particks disallowed goal however having seen it again it was actually going in so wasn’t a save at all.

He’s done well and deserves credit but imo Rocky is our number 1 and he should come back in on Tuesday.

greenlex
01-04-2018, 06:19 PM
i think for Bell to take the gloves permanently he had to do something exceptional, I thought he did that when he saved the shot in the build up to Particks disallowed goal however having seen it again it was actually going in so wasn’t a save at all.

He’s done well and deserves credit but imo Rocky is our number 1 and he should come back in on Tuesday.
was it a save it not man? I need to know. :greengrin

Libby Hibby
01-04-2018, 06:23 PM
Rocky...doesn’t send out the right message if Bell is preferred.

bingo70
01-04-2018, 06:29 PM
was it a save it not man? I need to know. :greengrin

At the time I assumed he saved it and the partick player that followed up was off side (I’m in the west stand at the other end so couldn’t see it clearly), I was singing his praises last night saying that initially save possibly won us the game.

Having seen it again on Sportscene I realised he never actually saved it and it just went in, not really sure why it was ruled out but I don’t think Bell covered himself in glory with it, looked a wee bit like he possibly should have kept it out.

Pretty Boy
01-04-2018, 06:52 PM
Rocky.

We've already mucked about this season and it cost us. Have a number 1 and stick with it until there's good reason to change it.

The_Exile
01-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Lennon has already said Rocky is the number 1 earlier this season so he'll be back between the sticks and rightly so.

Ozyhibby
01-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Has to be Marciano. He’s our best keeper by a mile and should play. Bell has done well but he’s the back up and knows it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jodjam
01-04-2018, 07:19 PM
Lennon should pick who he thinks is the best keeper. I feel Lennon made a mistake in the semi which cost us regarding the keepers.

AZhibee
01-04-2018, 07:36 PM
Already went through this with Laidlaw, gloves back to Rocky.

ancient hibee
01-04-2018, 07:43 PM
Bell is a good shot stopper but seemed in trouble at every corner and cross to me.

Clerie Green
01-04-2018, 07:45 PM
The Goalie !

:na na:

bingo70
01-04-2018, 07:48 PM
Bell is a good shot stopper but seemed in trouble at every corner and cross to me.

This seems to be a bog standard criticism for all of our keepers these days and I just don’t see it.

I remember having the argument with loads of posters who said similar about Rocky, he was absolutely fine with corners and crosses yesterday IMO.

Renfrew_Hibby
01-04-2018, 08:25 PM
What I noticed on Saturday was Bell never played it out from the back once, not once did a center half drop back and pick up a roll out or was it thrown out to Lewis or anything like that.
It was picked up and just punted straight down the middle which invariably allowed Thistle to win the header and retain possession. I felt this was partly why Thistle were so decent in the first half and we struggled to get anything going.
Cammy can't be as comfortable as Rocky in playing it out from the back, even when Rocky punts it down field you can see that he is at least trying to find someone, tries to find Boyle quite a lot.
Rocky back in goals for me please. Having said that, Cammy is still a very good goalkeeper, just not as nuanced in the way goalkeeping is evolving.

Thecat23
01-04-2018, 08:26 PM
Rocky he’s our No.1 and the best keeper out the two.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2018, 08:35 PM
There is a case for either. Rocky did not lose his place because of form though.

Hibee Mac
01-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Surprised there's even talk of Bell keeping the gloves. Rocky will play without a doubt.

1van Sprou7e
01-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Surprised there's even talk of Bell keeping the gloves. Rocky will play without a doubt.

Exactly

Bell has done well but how can anyone claim he is ahead of Marciano in the pecking order? Like whit?

Marciano had been one of our best players since the turn of the year (and that's saying something), the idea of dropping him is absurd

pacoluna
01-04-2018, 10:48 PM
What I noticed on Saturday was Bell never played it out from the back once, not once did a center half drop back and pick up a roll out or was it thrown out to Lewis or anything like that.
It was picked up and just punted straight down the middle which invariably allowed Thistle to win the header and retain possession. I felt this was partly why Thistle were so decent in the first half and we struggled to get anything going.
Cammy can't be as comfortable as Rocky in playing it out from the back, even when Rocky punts it down field you can see that he is at least trying to find someone, tries to find Boyle quite a lot.
Rocky back in goals for me please. Having said that, Cammy is still a very good goalkeeper, just not as nuanced in the way goalkeeping is evolving.

He passed to McGregor in the second half and showed a lot of composure.

Souter96Mac
01-04-2018, 10:57 PM
Rocky for me, and SJM coming in for Marv, keep everything else the same. Then have the options of Swanson, Whitty, Slivka, Bartley, Shaw on the bench.

SChibs
01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Rocky for me, and SJM coming in for Marv, keep everything else the same. Then have the options of Swanson, Whitty, Slivka, Bartley, Shaw on the bench.

Mcginn is suspended I'm sure

shetlandhibee
01-04-2018, 11:30 PM
Mcginn is suspended I'm sure:top marks

1van Sprou7e
01-04-2018, 11:48 PM

Yeah whittaker should start ahead of Bartley imo

As much as i love big marv he does seem to be past his best now and i dont think we need him in a game against hamilton, especially when playing 3 at the back

Souter96Mac
02-04-2018, 12:08 AM

Ah didn't realise this, is he back for County then?

SChibs
02-04-2018, 07:14 AM

Yeah. This is his 2nd suspension of the season so it's 2 games this time

Sir David Gray
02-04-2018, 07:45 AM

He is yes.

He got his 12th booking of the season against St Johnstone so he misses 2 games.

Bartley picked up his 6th booking of the season on Saturday so he will now miss the first game after the split.

StevieCowan
02-04-2018, 07:49 AM
Remember the League Cup Semi, play your best keeper so its Rocky for me.

The Leith Dutch
02-04-2018, 07:54 AM

TBF he did play it out to the wide channels a couple of times but the result of that reinforces your point.

I think it might have been John Collins that made the point that the long punt from the keeper is the single most common thing that's never taught on the coaching badges. It's particularly annoying when, as on Saturday, it's obviously not working and it gives possession back to the opposition pretty much every time.

Even more bonkers when you have a good midfield - keep the ball and pass it round teams like Thistle.

Danderhall Hibs
02-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Remember the League Cup Semi, play your best keeper so its Rocky for me.

:agree:

I’d be surprised if Lennon done the same again.

I see Aberdeen brought their no. 1 back after being out for months - even after the reserve had won them the penalty shoot out.