PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen's pitch

we are hibs
01-04-2018, 05:16 PM
Watching Sportscene just now and it's a disgrace. not a patch of grass in the middle of the park. Similar to Tynecastle. That'll be two horrendous pitches we will have to play on in the split.

Thecat23
01-04-2018, 05:20 PM
It’s brutal, clubs should be fined for having pitches in a worse state than public parks.

Lancs Harp
01-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Shouldnt let sheep graze on a football pitch.

The_Horde
01-04-2018, 06:07 PM
You'd think for all their turnover they'd be able to keep on top of the pitch a bit better.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2018, 06:10 PM
You'd think for all their turnover they'd be able to keep on top of the pitch a bit better.

Wonder if they’ve been training on it during the winter

inglisavhibs
01-04-2018, 08:20 PM
It’s brutal, clubs should be fined for having pitches in a worse state than public parks.
The pitch is too small and in poor condition(similar to Tynie), has been for a number of years. Their manager agrees and can't wait for their new stadium.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-04-2018, 10:51 PM
Looks shocking.

allezsauzee
02-04-2018, 08:33 AM
One of the criteria for playing in the Premier League should be maintaining the pitch to a sufficient standard and if you are unable to do so, a percentage of the prize money should be deducted at the end of the season. Plastic pitches should be banned too.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-04-2018, 08:33 AM
One of the criteria for playing in the Premier League should be maintaining the pitch to a sufficient standard and if you are unable to do so, a percentage of the prize money should be deducted at the end of the season. Plastic pitches should be banned too.

Well said that man

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-04-2018, 09:05 AM
McGeough’s groin wouldn’t stand a chance playing on that every week. Not even joking.

maturehibby
02-04-2018, 09:43 AM
With the lack of grass I think sheep must have been grazing on it
The length the dons will go to to make money by renting out the pitch for grazing

ekhibee
02-04-2018, 07:56 PM
In the highlights it looked horrendous, and having been there recently I can testify that it's worse in reality. It's as if little or no money/effort has been spent on upgrading or improving the pitch, but it wouldn't surprise me if nothing is done about it. It's amazing how Aberdeen and Hearts get loads of free publicity through Sportsound but neither of them have bothered improving the state of their pitches.

eastcoasthibby
02-04-2018, 10:31 PM
The pitch is too small and in poor condition(similar to Tynie), has been for a number of years. Their manager agrees and can't wait for their new stadium.

The new stadium isn't just round the corner if they have as much cash as they make out ..spend some on replacing the
grass for new season ...

jgl07
02-04-2018, 11:12 PM

What turnover?

Their crowds are far below what Hibs and Hearts are getting. They had just over 14,000 for the nearest thing to a local derby last Saturday.

Are you suggesting that they are being financially doped?

The_Horde
02-04-2018, 11:13 PM
What turnover?

Their crowds are far below what Hibs and Hearts are getting. They had just over 14,000 for the nearest thing to a local derby last Saturday.

Are you suggesting that they are being financially doped?

No, but they do have someone pumping cash into them legally.

jgl07
03-04-2018, 12:10 AM
With the lack of grass I think sheep must have been grazing on it
The length the dons will go to to make money by renting out the pitch for grazing

They will be renting it to themselves!

Sounds rather like Hearts?

KWJ
03-04-2018, 01:26 AM
Found myself thinking Dens Park pitch looked immense. Like day 1 of the season and just makes you wanna play on it.