PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Joins HSL

OfficialHSL
01-04-2018, 03:03 PM
Once again more good news for Hibernian Supporters Ltd. We are delighted to confirm that Lewis Stevenson has followed his colleagues and Manager by joining HSL. He said " The Club have been great with me over the many years that I have been here so I want to try and give something back. I know that not everyone will be able to contribute to HSL as they will already be supporting the Club in many other ways but for those supporters that can manage a little extra, what a great way to help our Club”.
Our players and Manager are really giving it their all. Let's show them we are doing our best,
Join here - www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Pedantic_Hibee
01-04-2018, 03:19 PM
Have you guys fixed the mobile site yet? I'm trying to get myself and my old man signed up.

ano hibby
01-04-2018, 03:20 PM
About time Lewis. What kept you? Neil, Darren & Super signed up yonks ago :)

cabbageandribs1875
01-04-2018, 03:22 PM
i think Sir David also signed up recently

GORDONSMITH7
01-04-2018, 04:22 PM
Once again more good news for Hibernian Supporters Ltd. We are delighted to confirm that Lewis Stevenson has followed his colleagues and Manager by joining HSL. He said " The Club have been great with me over the many years that I have been here so I want to try and give something back. I know that not everyone will be able to contribute to HSL as they will already be supporting the Club in many other ways but for those supporters that can manage a little extra, what a great way to help our Club”.
Our players and Manager are really giving it their all. Let's show them we are doing our best,
Join here - www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Modesty personified.

http://i68.tinypic.com/eq5tdv.jpg

Lewis receiving the St. Patrick's Branch Hibernian Achievement award with Sue McLernon at our sold out fabulous St. Patrick's Night. Cannae think of two more worthy recipients.

GGTTH

BIG G

offshorehibby
01-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Modesty personified.

http://i68.tinypic.com/eq5tdv.jpg

Lewis receiving the St. Patrick's Branch Hibernian Achievement award with Sue McLernon at our sold out fabulous St. Patrick's Night. Cannae think of two more worthy recipients.

GGTTH

BIG G

And blooming good night out to G :thumbsup:

matty_f
01-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Stevenson is a top man. Great to see him supporting HSL.

Leithenhibby
02-04-2018, 09:04 AM
Have you guys fixed the mobile site yet? I'm trying to get myself and my old man signed up.

The new site isn't too far away and should be launched in the not too distant future. There have been problems with some iphones/androids, but it does work perfectly well on most devices and takes two minutes.

Try this link on a different device if you have one. https://goo.gl/ri7s2d :aok:

GGTTH

basehibby
02-04-2018, 11:07 AM
Welcome Lewis!

Come on the rest of ye - it'll take you 2 minutes to join Lewis, Lenny, SDG, SJM, McGregor et al in cementing our dominance over the Yams off the park as well as on.....

http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

SChibs
02-04-2018, 11:55 AM
Judging by the pictures a load of players signed up at the same time but HSL are releasing names periodically. Not a dig just an observation. I wonder if any other players have signed up and will be announced in the future

The_Horde
02-04-2018, 12:00 PM
Appreciate the new found effort now by HSL. But I really think the horse has already bolted with this one, unfortunately, as it's a really good idea and I've contributed from the start.

matty_f
02-04-2018, 12:10 PM
Appreciate the new found effort now by HSL. But I really think the horse has already bolted with this one, unfortunately, as it's a really good idea and I've contributed from the start.

I don't think it's too late, it's a slow burner and probably always would have been. So long as it continues to grow and gets some momentum (and keeps it) then it'll be a success.

offshorehibby
02-04-2018, 12:17 PM

Don't think it's ever to late to have a large quantity of Hibs supporters paying info a fund that can only help to improve us. Onward and upward GGTTH

BlackSheep
02-04-2018, 12:49 PM

Not sure many will agree with you.... HSL payments for most are a recurring thing and not a one off payment, so any and all new members help to increase the contributions to the club from now and onwards.

Every little helps.

HiBremian
02-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Been paying a tenner a month for nearly 3 years now without really noticing it, and happy to keep contributing. Got my brother to sign up today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eyrie
02-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Been paying a tenner a month for nearly 3 years now without really noticing it, and happy to keep contributing. Got my brother to sign up today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the key point for me.

Once the first couple of payments had come off, it became something I budget for each month like the mortgage so I soon stopped noticing it. It would only be if money got really tight that I'd think again.

Pagan Hibernia
02-04-2018, 01:14 PM

I don’t see how. I’ll certainly agree that some time has been wasted but the objectives it had at the start (raise funds for the team and increase supporter shareholding to the point where we are safe from parasites) are still very realistic. To be honest even if only one person was contributing a few quid each month it’s still more money than the club would have if HSL didn’t exist. It’s win win.

basehibby
02-04-2018, 01:55 PM

No idea how you come to this conclusion - The objective of HSL is to buy shares, the proceeds of which we have been promised will go straight to funding the team on the park. There was a decent if not spectacular take up at the start - and it's growing slowly but surely. As long as fans keep contributing, shares will continue to be bought meaning that in good time, the objective of (?) 50% fan ownership will be achieved. Ergo: Horse secured warmly in stable with ready supply of fodder and door safely bolted.

If you are simply comparing our fundraising to that of the Yams then it's a pointless comparison. 3 years ago or so, the maroon baloons had the choice of contributing immediately and significantly to their scheme or seeing their club disappear forever. They have responded in numbers and that is to their credit.

Hibs at the same time decided to launch a similar fan ownership scheme - and it has been a reasonable success and continues to grow. Hibs however, did so from a position of strength with infrastructure expenditure a distant memory and only the team on the park to fund - with zero danger of the club being in trouble whether the fans contributed or not. Comparing HSL to the Yams' FOH scheme is therefore not comparing apples with apples and not really relevant to the scheme's success or otherwise.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-04-2018, 03:00 PM
No idea how you come to this conclusion - The objective of HSL is to buy shares, the proceeds of which we have been promised will go straight to funding the team on the park. There was a decent if not spectacular take up at the start - and it's growing slowly but surely. As long as fans keep contributing, shares will continue to be bought meaning that in good time, the objective of (?) 50% fan ownership will be achieved. Ergo: Horse secured warmly in stable with ready supply of fodder and door safely bolted.

If you are simply comparing our fundraising to that of the Yams then it's a pointless comparison. 3 years ago or so, the maroon baloons had the choice of contributing immediately and significantly to their scheme or seeing their club disappear forever. They have responded in numbers and that is to their credit.

Hibs at the same time decided to launch a similar fan ownership scheme - and it has been a reasonable success and continues to grow. Hibs however, did so from a position of strength with infrastructure expenditure a distant memory and only the team on the park to fund - with zero danger of the club being in trouble whether the fans contributed or not. Comparing HSL to the Yams' FOH scheme is therefore not comparing apples with apples and not really relevant to the scheme's success or otherwise.

From where I sat listening in to LWT chats around this before HSL came to the fore it was always noted that comparisons were not considering the same circumstance.

Who even knows the demographic of the respective support - you can’t ignore it.

To me Hibs were clear in being sympathetic to the fact that they understood STs, merchandising, stones, lotto, kicks for kids etc was already providing opps for supporters to financially input into the team for something tangible in return and In times of austerity that in itself was and ask. And that was the difference.

OfficialHSL
02-04-2018, 07:13 PM
DexterStJock
Not really sure where you are coming from but let us reassure you that your contribution has made a real difference to our Club. Since you started donating you and your fellow supporters have invested over £500,000 into this squad. We have won the Scottish Cup and promoted back to the top flight with a good squad of players. You now own 14% of the Club and are more than half way there to achieving our principal target of 26%.
Where our Club ends up will be defined by you and all of us. Thank you for sticking with it and giving our Club additional financial support.
HSL

Daniel_Law
02-04-2018, 10:57 PM
Signed up too for a tenner a month, anything to support the club!

Leithenhibby
03-04-2018, 12:58 AM

Excellent, DL.

Welcome :aok:

GGTTH - https://goo.gl/ri7s2d

Pagan Hibernia
03-04-2018, 01:39 AM

brilliant!

:aok:

Daniel_Law
03-04-2018, 01:00 PM
Excellent, DL.

Welcome :aok:

GGTTH - https://goo.gl/ri7s2d

Cheers for the welcome pal, appreciate it.

Garymcl
03-04-2018, 01:48 PM
So easy to do takes a couple of minutes like many other fellow hibbys I dont really feel the dent in my monthly wage any amount you contribute goes to the playing budget I can assure all hibbys it is making a difference onwards and upwards with HSL and with record numbers of season tickets being sold let's not get complacent we are a club that is definitely on a roll such a great time to be a hibby Ggtth :flag:

Heedersnvolleys
03-04-2018, 10:16 PM
Thought he was excellent tonight

Nevi_SOL
03-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Just signed up as well http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Never realised how quick the process was :nlgwa

theScientist
03-04-2018, 11:28 PM
Cant find it anywhere else, need to settle a dispute with the mrs... mrs reckons the directors of hsl will be paid a wage or a commission from our contribitions, i disagree.. can anyone shed any light if this is the case.
Ta

matty_f
03-04-2018, 11:29 PM
Cant find it anywhere else, need to settle a dispute with the mrs... mrs reckons the directors of hsl will be paid a wage or a commission from our contribitions, i disagree.. can anyone shed any light if this is the case.
Ta

They get nowt.

There's a small amount of each transaction goes to the payment company IIRC, but the directors are unpaid.

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2018, 11:34 PM
Definitely don't.

theScientist
03-04-2018, 11:42 PM
Thanks...so, shes asking, what % contribution to parent co, and what does that go to?

CropleyWasGod
04-04-2018, 12:43 AM
Thanks...so, shes asking, what % contribution to parent co, and what does that go to?There are very few overheads.

I don't have the accounts to hand....and detailed accounts aren't published at Companies House. However, from memory, about 95% of the income is passed on to the club. The HSL guy on here can confirm that.

The money is used by the club, in their words, "to fund sporting achievement". Although I'm not sure that has ever been defined, it's being taken to mean it goes to the playing budget.

For the record, the club is not the "parent company". There is no legal link between the two, other than the fact that there are 2 people who are directors of both.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Leithenhibby
04-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Cheers for the welcome pal, appreciate it.

Not a problem whatsoever. :wink:

GGTTH

Just signed up as well http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Never realised how quick the process was :nlgwa

Excellent, Nevi_SOL

If HSL can grow to an extent where they're able to secure such signings as say, Florian Kamberi :wink: who knows where this journey can take us all.

Speculate to accumulate - https://goo.gl/ri7s2d