PDA

View Full Version : Cars outside stadium before game !!

GreenCastle
01-04-2018, 08:49 AM
Raised this earlier in the season..but still happening..

Did anyone see the cars driving down Albion Road through the crowd outside the stadium nearly knocking pedestrians over (horn on also).

I’m amazed Hibs and the Police allow this to happen or can’t put better traffic control in place / shut full road or have one lane coned off for local vehicles.

With cars / lorries driving into crowds in previous years around world it’s massively irresponsible having thousands of fans walking with kids etc and cars driving straight through them.

I’ve also witnessed this near Famous Five and outside East stand in previous Home games with cars - accident waiting to happen.

Anyone else see this incident yesterday ?

BH Hibs
01-04-2018, 08:57 AM
I saw it and it seemed worse than usual. There was one particular arse in a fiesta who was flying round the corner past the old Albion Bar and had to hammer on the brakes. Could’ve been really nasty. Also the woman who was continuously on her horn was lucky she didn’t provoke a much angrier reaction than a few choice words.

Wembley67
01-04-2018, 09:01 AM
OK, it's not very safe but for some reason mob mentality takes over and pedestrians completely disregard their own safety and waltz down the middle of the road not caring a jot.

hibbysam
01-04-2018, 09:05 AM
OK, it's not very safe but for some reason mob mentality takes over and pedestrians completely disregard their own safety and waltz down the middle of the road not caring a jot.

15k fans leaving stadium and you want them all to use paths? That are one meter wide? The place wouldn’t clear for hours.

Wembley67
01-04-2018, 09:13 AM
15k fans leaving stadium and you want them all to use paths? That are one meter wide? The place wouldn’t clear for hours.

Sorry, I was referring to the roads around the ground before the game. Easter Road is a nightmare before the game with idiots just walking out in front of vehicles.

superfurryhibby
01-04-2018, 09:14 AM
No one should be driving near the stadium immediately after kick off. Albion Road, St Clair St etc should be traffic free for 15 mins afterwards.

Hibby70
01-04-2018, 09:16 AM

I park on Hawkbill Avenue and leave quite a bit after the crowd dies down. People still walk on the road when there is no need, it's like some unwritten rule that that's where you should walk after the game

SirDavidsNapper
01-04-2018, 09:45 AM
Would infuriate me as a driver but common sense should be used to avoid the area at that time

lapsedhibee
01-04-2018, 09:55 AM
No one should be driving near the stadium immediately after kick off. Albion Road, St Clair St etc should be traffic free for 15 mins afterwards.

Are there substantial numbers arriving fifteen minutes late?

Hermit Crab
01-04-2018, 09:55 AM
Thats strange because they usually block off Albion Rd to traffic around 2:30pm, they do the same at the Lochend side I think.

Jack
01-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Given the roads are closed to through traffic in surprised it's not a condition of parking on St Clair St not to drive off before a certain time after the final whistle.

Hermit Crab
01-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Given the roads are closed to through traffic in surprised it's not a condition of parking on St Clair St not to drive off before a certain time after the final whistle.

Aye, the blue badge holders that park on St Clair St will end up running someone down one day making them in turn apply for a blue badge!

GreenCastle
01-04-2018, 12:45 PM

The issue was people leaving the houses and driving away from the stadium.

GreenCastle
01-04-2018, 12:46 PM
Aye, the blue badge holders that park on St Clair St will end up running someone down one day making them in turn apply for a blue badge!

Yeah no patience for the people parking with the blue badges trying to get out after - every week some mad car tries to rush out the stadium down St Clair Street.

Famous Fiver
01-04-2018, 01:03 PM
Drive to road conditions.

If street is clogged with people drive accordingly.

Simples.

Take the number, video the incident on your phone and let PC Plod know.

Scottie
01-04-2018, 01:47 PM
Take the number, video the incident on your phone and let PC Plod know.
Is that you Lee Wallace by any chance :dunno: :wink:

Famous Fiver
01-04-2018, 01:51 PM
Nice one, but not guilty.

Not bad, so far today I've been called a troll and Lee Wallace.

Have to go and check myself in the mirror, see who's looking back out at me!!

Scottie
01-04-2018, 02:05 PM
Nice one, but not guilty.

Not bad, so far today I've been called a troll and Lee Wallace.

Have to go and check myself in the mirror, see who's looking back out at me!!
:faf: Its a slow Sunday where I am so Happy Easter mate :aok:

TAHibby
01-04-2018, 02:06 PM
Thats strange because they usually block off Albion Rd to traffic around 2:30pm, they do the same at the Lochend side I think.

Was surprised, I can't recall ever going to a game and this hasn't been the case. Wonder what was different about yesterday

hibbysam
01-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Was surprised, I can't recall ever going to a game and this hasn't been the case. Wonder what was different about yesterday

I’m sure you can still access via st Clair street though, and if you are in and around the stadium (in the flats or houses) there is nothing to stop you driving out, they only block the in roads. Should be a blanket no driving around the stadium from 2.30-3.10 and from 4.30-5.15.

Diclonius
01-04-2018, 02:31 PM
The absolute worst is after the game when people decide that instead of waiting 20 mins for the crowd to disperse that they're going to drive their car slowly through a massive crowd of people. I've seen near misses a few times and once a kid actually got knocked down.

guthrie01
01-04-2018, 02:38 PM
The absolute worst is after the game when people decide that instead of waiting 20 mins for the crowd to disperse that they're going to drive their car slowly through a massive crowd of people. I've seen near misses a few times and once a kid actually got knocked down.

Saw similar happening coming out of St.Johnstone couple weeks back, old guy who was determined to drive his car though the busy path at speed even when they where small kids trying to move out the way

GreenCastle
01-04-2018, 02:43 PM
I’m sure you can still access via st Clair street though, and if you are in and around the stadium (in the flats or houses) there is nothing to stop you driving out, they only block the in roads. Should be a blanket no driving around the stadium from 2.30-3.10 and from 4.30-5.15.

This was the issue yesterday - people driving OUT (away from stadium) and not towards it.

I'm not sure what the solution is maybe they could split the road ? Fans walk one half and cars on other side?

All the fans sticking to the pavements just isn't possible with the numbers attending.

Maybe Hibs not doing anything as on council ground?

Do the fans reps still exist or have any feedback - like I said it was raised earlier in the season but still an issue.

Scouse Hibee
01-04-2018, 02:54 PM
Yes they seem to want it all their own way, the privilege of parking close to the ground and the advantage of driving off straight after game.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-04-2018, 04:23 PM
Raised this earlier in the season..but still happening..

Did anyone see the cars driving down Albion Road through the crowd outside the stadium nearly knocking pedestrians over (horn on also).

I’m amazed Hibs and the Police allow this to happen or can’t put better traffic control in place / shut full road or have one lane coned off for local vehicles.

With cars / lorries driving into crowds in previous years around world it’s massively irresponsible having thousands of fans walking with kids etc and cars driving straight through them.

I’ve also witnessed this near Famous Five and outside East stand in previous Home games with cars - accident waiting to happen.

Anyone else see this incident yesterday ?

Its something I've noticed this season, particularly before games, and apart from it being a nuisance it was the security aspect that I found surprising.

Vini1875
01-04-2018, 04:24 PM
Pedestrians have right of way on roads, most drivers don't seem to realise this and are even worse when there is a crowd on the road.

GreenCastle
01-04-2018, 04:29 PM
Its something I've noticed this season, particularly before games, and apart from it being a nuisance it was the security aspect that I found surprising.

:agree:

Considering some of the Edinburgh Council schemes around the city and at other events, keeping pedestrians safe at a major sporting event seems to be slipping under the radar.

cabbageandribs1875
01-04-2018, 04:31 PM
Pedestrians have right of way on roads, most drivers don't seem to realise this and are even worse when there is a crowd on the road.

i would think cars have right of way on roads surely ?, except pedestrian crossings...and pavements :)

any lurking yamboids know what it's like for fans coming out of the pink palace onto gorgski road ?

speedy_gonzales
01-04-2018, 05:55 PM
i would think cars have right of way on roads surely ?, except pedestrian crossings...and pavements :)

any lurking yamboids know what it's like for fans coming out of the pink palace onto gorgski road ?
Pedestrians do have right/priority,,,, unfortunately you're not allowed to mow the buggers down!
For my sins I lived in Wheatfield for 4 years and often had to stop in the middle of the road to allow those leaving Tynecastle do so,,,, never had an issue with it. Either stop for a couple of minutes or try and make progress whilst at the same time risking folks lives.
No-brainer!

IainA
01-04-2018, 06:40 PM
I saw it and it seemed worse than usual. There was one particular arse in a fiesta who was flying round the corner past the old Albion Bar and had to hammer on the brakes. Could’ve been really nasty. Also the woman who was continuously on her horn was lucky she didn’t provoke a much angrier reaction than a few choice words.

I saw that as well and we were amazed that it was allowed to happen. They can’t wait until someone is seriously hurt or killed before taking action!

WoreTheGreen
01-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Pedestrians do have right/priority,,,, unfortunately you're not allowed to mow the buggers down!
For my sins I lived in Wheatfield for 4 years and often had to stop in the middle of the road to allow those leaving Tynecastle do so,,,, never had an issue with it. Either stop for a couple of minutes or try and make progress whilst at the same time risking folks lives.
No-brainer!
400000 fans must some pations

hibbyfraelibby
02-04-2018, 11:23 AM
Take the number, take a photo on your phone, get a couple of others round you to agree to be witnesses and report to Police. These muppets are in a traffic exclusion area up to an hour before and after kick off. Its posted on lamp post so go read it. Club and Police close the roads at Easter Road, St Clair Street and Lochend Road but these muppets tend to be the gentification of Leith mob who bought the expensice flats next to ground and put arrogance before common sense. I've actually bounced my not unsubstantial arse up onto a bonnet when one of these idiots tried to push through where I was walking in Albion Place once. White Merc with a dent in it now. Driver didnt want Police involved.

superfurryhibby
02-04-2018, 11:41 AM
The issue was people leaving the houses and driving away from the stadium.

I meant to say 15 mins after the games over:embarrass

NAE NOOKIE
02-04-2018, 11:44 AM
If you drive with a bit of care and attention there shouldn't really be an issue ..... I frequently have to drive through the crowds leaving the stadium after games and have never had a problem, its the erses who don't have the patience to wait for a gap in the crowd to pull out, or think they have the right to drive right up the back of folk trying to edge them out of the way who are the problem.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-04-2018, 12:24 PM
Take the number, take a photo on your phone, get a couple of others round you to agree to be witnesses and report to Police. These muppets are in a traffic exclusion area up to an hour before and after kick off. Its posted on lamp post so go read it. Club and Police close the roads at Easter Road, St Clair Street and Lochend Road but these muppets tend to be the gentification of Leith mob who bought the expensice flats next to ground and put arrogance before common sense. I've actually bounced my not unsubstantial arse up onto a bonnet when one of these idiots tried to push through where I was walking in Albion Place once. White Merc with a dent in it now. Driver didnt want Police involved.

I get my tickle at these erses. The big green building gives the game away that the roads are gonny get busy at 5pm every 2nd Saturday... If it is going to wind them up then why live there?

Huns, Jambos and/or erseholes.

thebakerboy
02-04-2018, 12:33 PM
Believe that after the Hearts game on the Friday night someone was flashing lights and using horn to got down St Clair St then round the corner the crowd parted and the plonker accelerated and smashed into the barrier to stop cars going that way and ended up on top of the barrier. KARMA eh!