PDA

View Full Version : Swanson

dp00
31-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Looks like he only got on for a few minutes again ? Thought Lennon would have gave him a chance today with McGinn out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keep the faith
31-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Will be amazed if he is here next season.

SirDavidsNapper
31-03-2018, 05:53 PM
He's not my cup of tea. Seems Lennon thinks the same

Thecat23
31-03-2018, 05:54 PM

I said ages ago he’d be let go and was shot down for it. I would like to see more of him when McGinn or any of our first pick midfielders are out. But I’m not sure he’s good enough for Hibs and where we want to be quality wise. Same with Slivka can see him heading out in the summer as well.

allmodcons
31-03-2018, 05:56 PM
IMO Lennon is punishing him for episode at training camp.

He keeps giving him a couple of minutes! If I was Swanson, this would really piss me off.

As previous poster says, I doubt he'll be here next year.

dmc1875
31-03-2018, 05:57 PM
I said ages ago he’d be let go and was shot down for it. I would like to see more of him when McGinn or any of our first pick midfielders are out. But I’m not sure he’s good enough for Hibs and where we want to be quality wise. Same with Slivka can see him heading out in the summer as well.

Don’t think it’s fair to have slivka in the same boat. Boy has a great first touch and movement and as we know can hit a shot, it will be interesting to see him next year

Billy Whizz
31-03-2018, 05:58 PM

He keeps giving him a couple of minutes! If I was Swanson, this would really piss me off.

Don’t think he is, by putting him on, he’s getting an appearance and win bonus as well

Sammy7nil
31-03-2018, 05:59 PM

If we lose McGinn and McGeoch there is every chance he will be here.

allmodcons
31-03-2018, 06:04 PM
Don’t think he is, by putting him on, he’s getting an appearance and win bonus as well

Hadn't though about it that way. It would still really piss me off getting stripped for 2 minutes.

If we lose McGinn and McGeoch there is every chance he will be here.

FWIW, I hope he stays.

Golden Bear
31-03-2018, 06:05 PM
In terms of flair, Danny was the nearest we have to Mcginn and I would have thought he would gave been the natural replacement especially as the Bartley/Mcgeoch combination has proved not to be too successful in the past.
The writing is on the wall for Danny I'm afraid.

Thecat23
31-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Don’t think it’s fair to have slivka in the same boat. Boy has a great first touch and movement and as we know can hit a shot, it will be interesting to see him next year

I’m meaning I think Lennon will let both Swanson and Slivka go. I think he’ll want first team football.

cleanyman
31-03-2018, 06:15 PM
Hopefully get him rid of him in the summer

Billy Whizz
31-03-2018, 06:16 PM
Hopefully get him rid of him in the summer

He’s hardly in the get rid category

Hibee Mac
31-03-2018, 06:16 PM
Lennon clearly doesn't rate him at all. Which is weird considering he brought him to the club...

supermcginn
31-03-2018, 06:17 PM
I’m meaning I think Lennon will let both Swanson and Slivka go. I think he’ll want first team football.

Already possibly losing the three first choice midfielders five will be extremely difficult to replace.

cleanyman
31-03-2018, 06:18 PM
He’s hardly in the get rid category

He's a dud and after Portugal ?

Get rid

Thecat23
31-03-2018, 06:19 PM

Get rid

Bit harsh that. I think he’s a good squad player but defo not a first 11 pick with the squad we have.

Since90+2
31-03-2018, 06:21 PM

Get rid

A dud? He's a good player who has had to deal with exceptionally difficult personal circumstances over the last 18 months.

WhileTheChief..
31-03-2018, 06:23 PM

Get rid

Agreed. If he wasn’t a Hibs fan he wouldn’t have been cut nearly as much slack.

Clearly Lennon doesn’t rate him or he would have had more game time by now.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2018, 06:23 PM
Lennon clearly doesn't rate him at all. Which is weird considering he brought him to the club...

Maybe not showing enough in training?

Ozyhibby
31-03-2018, 06:25 PM
He was told he could leave in Jan. There is no clearer way Lennon can hint that he has no future at Hibs.
Whether McGinn and McGeogh go is irrelevant. If they are away then we will have other replacements lined up.
Our player budget next year will be a lot higher and the players we bring in should be a step up from Swanson.

Tha Cabbage Kid
31-03-2018, 07:07 PM
All this crap about swanson being a dud is pathetic. He's a class player who doesn't become a dud over night. The fact that he is still here shows determination about not giving up on his dream. With a good run of games he could be up there with the best player at the club. If he stays beyond this season I think he will have a better chance to get that run of games. Mcginn will be off, chance mcGeouch will be off and Scotty too.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

guthrie01
31-03-2018, 07:11 PM

Slivka will fit into McGinns role if someone comes in for him, which will be good as Slivka is a decent player. Swanson on the other hand will be off since not doing enough to push into the squad

JohnM1875
31-03-2018, 07:17 PM
No chance Slivka will be let go. Swanny I can see leaving though. Shame as I think he has ability. Think he's paying for the whole training camp incident, which I get.

Pretty Boy
31-03-2018, 07:17 PM
Some signings just don't work out. For a few reasons that seems to be the case with Danny Swanson at Hibs.

Hopefully he can turn it around in our remaining games this season; if he moves on then I wish him well.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-03-2018, 07:28 PM
Shows how far we have come that saying that Swanson isn't good enough isn't met with derision.

Hibee Mac
31-03-2018, 07:31 PM
He'll move back to St Johnston next season and be one of their best players, can't see him staying here now though unfortunately.

Borderhibbie76
31-03-2018, 07:54 PM
I’m meaning I think Lennon will let both Swanson and Slivka go. I think he’ll want first team football.Can't see Slivka going ...came on a 3 year deal...Swanson will be gone tho

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AFKA5814_Hibs
31-03-2018, 07:58 PM
I seen no point in the sub today for Swanson. Game was over and there was little time for it. Seemed to be piss taken tbh.

Famous Fiver
31-03-2018, 07:59 PM
Why the rush from some of the 'experts' on here to get rid of Swanson?

He is good enough to play for Hibs, in my opinion, and with all the uncertainty over McGinn, McGeouch, Allan on loan, it would be stupid to offload him before we see how things are shaping up for next season.

If he gets a decent run he will prove his worth.

Either way, I'll trust Neil Lennon to make the call.

RoscoHibby
31-03-2018, 08:08 PM
How can people even compare Swanson and mcginn. Having watched them both surely you can see they are completely different players that play in different positions/bring different things to the team. If Scott Allan was injured or suspended then I would expect to see Danny playing.

Was pretty concerning for me how our shape and general play looked without SJM in there as well...

Famous Fiver
31-03-2018, 08:12 PM
With you all the way Rosco, but with all supposed midfield uncertainty we should be keeping our options open because we may have to find a completely different way of playing without John McGinn.

When NL was asked in his after match interview if we missed McGinn today, he immediately said that of course we did, any team would miss him.

All I am saying is let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Opinions, eh?

matty_f
31-03-2018, 08:16 PM
He never put a foot wrong today. :greengrin

I like Swanson, I'd definitely like to see more of him but I can imagine it's hard to get into the team at the moment.

RoscoHibby
31-03-2018, 08:17 PM
With you all the way Rosco, but with all supposed midfield uncertainty we should be keeping our options open because we may have to find a completely different way of playing without John McGinn.

When NL was asked in his after match interview if we missed McGinn today, he immediately said that of course we did, any team would miss him.

All I am saying is let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Opinions, eh?

I hear you. Just gies me the fear a bit. Think slivka would be the natural one to step in there and do the hard work/ball carrying, linking to Allan and forwards, we just looked so easy to play against without SJM winning tackles and driving forward. Just made me think of life without him n i don't like it!!

Criswell
31-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Playing at home to Partick I was surprised to see Bartley given a start. Thought this would have been an ideal opportunity for Swanson. I hope he stays but it is not looking likely.

J-C
31-03-2018, 08:41 PM
Playing at home to Partick I was surprised to see Bartley given a start. Thought this would have been an ideal opportunity for Swanson. I hope he stays but it is not looking likely.

I think you seen again that Bartley is a limited player and the midfield had no drive due to McGinn not playing. Bartley is a decent enforcer but with limited game intelligence, the midfield came to life when Whittaker came on.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2018, 09:07 PM

Partick are a big physical team, so I presume Neil fancied Bartley over Swanson to begin with

ronaldo7
31-03-2018, 09:15 PM
I'd like to see, Swanson stay for another season, at least. He's had many things to put up with in the least year. He needs our support, and will come good next season...given the chance.

brog
31-03-2018, 09:27 PM
All this crap about swanson being a dud is pathetic. He's a class player who doesn't become a dud over night. The fact that he is still here shows determination about not giving up on his dream. With a good run of games he could be up there with the best player at the club. If he stays beyond this season I think he will have a better chance to get that run of games. Mcginn will be off, chance mcGeouch will be off and Scotty too.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Agree 100% . When Danny came on today i thought probably at least 7 or 8 of the teams in our league would bite their hands off to have such a quality player in reserve. I also thought he was brought on for appearance money & if so then that was a good gesture from NL. I hate criticising any Hibs player but unfortunately I think Marv looks more limited every time I see him & I suspect he may get very little game time going forward

snooky
31-03-2018, 09:29 PM

A bit like Simon Murray. Seemed like a great signing then ...... <phut>

Borderhibbie76
31-03-2018, 10:04 PM
I hear you. Just gies me the fear a bit. Think slivka would be the natural one to step in there and do the hard work/ball carrying, linking to Allan and forwards, we just looked so easy to play against without SJM winning tackles and driving forward. Just made me think of life without him n i don't like it!!It wasn't all down to SJM missing tho...Bartley and Dylan don't really play that well together imo and Bartley should never be playing when we have 3 at the back and are at home against a bottom 6 side. It's not the first time we've looked disjointed when setting up like this. No coincidence our best spell came when Bartley was subbed...I like big Marv but he was pretty useless today if truth be told. I d have started with either slivka or Swanson today rather than Marv...or even Whitty who did well the last 25

overdrive
31-03-2018, 10:50 PM
It wasn't all down to SJM missing tho...Bartley and Dylan don't really play that well together imo and Bartley should never be playing when we have 3 at the back and are at home against a bottom 6 side. It's not the first time we've looked disjointed when setting up like this. No coincidence our best spell came when Bartley was subbed...I like big Marv but he was pretty useless today if truth be told. I d have started with either slivka or Swanson today rather than Marv...or even Whitty who did well the last 25

As much as I love Bartley, Whittaker showed something different when he came on. He’s better on the ball than Bartley and actually I think he’s probably more physical as well.

SirDavidsNapper
31-03-2018, 11:05 PM
Went right off Swanson after the "pretended to be a Hearts fan and didn't try for them" interview pish. Came across as bitter. Wonder if he pretends to be a Hibs fan as he's done zilch for us too

WellingtonHibby
31-03-2018, 11:06 PM
Why the rush from some of the 'experts' on here to get rid of Swanson?

He is good enough to play for Hibs, in my opinion, and with all the uncertainty over McGinn, McGeouch, Allan on loan, it would be stupid to offload him before we see how things are shaping up for next season.

If he gets a decent run he will prove his worth.

Either way, I'll trust Neil Lennon to make the call.

Are you trolling? You whinge about "experts" then suggest your opinion is superior to everyone else's? Opinions are like ********s eh?

hibbysam
31-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Went right off Swanson after the "pretended to be a Hearts fan and didn't try for them" interview pish. Came across as bitter. Wonder if he pretends to be a Hibs fan as he's done zilch for us too

Idiotic statement. Question what he’s brought to the table this season but to question whether he supports Hibs or not is laughable.

SirDavidsNapper
31-03-2018, 11:16 PM
Idiotic statement. Question what he’s brought to the table this season but to question whether he supports Hibs or not is laughable.

Hows it idiotic? He said he was a Hearts fan. Who does that?

hibbysam
31-03-2018, 11:17 PM
Hows it idiotic?

Because whether you like it or not he’s always been a Hibby. So questioning that is idiotic, simple.

SirDavidsNapper
31-03-2018, 11:18 PM
Because whether you like it or not he’s always been a Hibby. So questioning that is idiotic, simple.

He said he was a hearts fan not me

BigT-Hibeez
31-03-2018, 11:22 PM
Agree 100% . When Danny came on today i thought probably at least 7 or 8 of the teams in our league would bite their hands off to have such a quality player in reserve. I also thought he was brought on for appearance money & if so then that was a good gesture from NL. I hate criticising any Hibs player but unfortunately I think Marv looks more limited every time I see him & I suspect he may get very little game time going forward

I agree about Marv, he's done his bit for us, and has had a few great games when we have needed some muscle in midfield, but he is a limited player and if we are looking forward, not good enough.. Can't see him being here next season but hope he gets a lifetime ST, and he can crash on my sofa anytime!!

Captain Trips
31-03-2018, 11:24 PM
I am interested in what players do for Hibs and Danny has not been what I hoped thus far. I care not a jot who he supports only how he plays.

We have had plenty of players who supported the club but we're not very good.

SirDavidsNapper
31-03-2018, 11:33 PM
Because whether you like it or not he’s always been a Hibby. So questioning that is idiotic, simple.Am i idiotic to question this?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180331/6aaa7594ef9cc91c5fab6c59a4b58e7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hibbysam
31-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Am i idiotic to question this?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180331/6aaa7594ef9cc91c5fab6c59a4b58e7f.jpg

Absolutely. Like I said, whether you like it or not he has always been, and will always be a Hibs fan. Not liking someone because he baited the hearts fans when he signed for Hibs is fairly amusing though. Or is it you that’s bitter because he didn’t try for hearts? 🤔

Billychaotic182
31-03-2018, 11:56 PM
Am i idiotic to question this?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180331/6aaa7594ef9cc91c5fab6c59a4b58e7f.jpg

What about this?

Eaststandee
01-04-2018, 12:03 AM

Funny thing to post about a current Hibs player, whether to win an argument or not.

Very strange :hmmm:

1875godsgift
01-04-2018, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=.KingDomofFife.;5357623]Am i idiotic to question this?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180331/6aaa7594ef9cc91c5fab6c59a4b58e7f.jpg

Call that kissing it???

Looks more like he's trying to eat it.

Probably no been paid that week, par for the course down Gorgie way.

hibbysam
01-04-2018, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=.KingDomofFife.;5357623]Am i idiotic to question this?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180331/6aaa7594ef9cc91c5fab6c59a4b58e7f.jpg

Call that kissing it???

Looks more like he's trying to eat it.

Probably no been paid that week, par for the course down Gorgie way.

Oor Danny the wind up merchant, still winding them up years later! Outstanding.

ekhibee
01-04-2018, 12:24 AM
Swanson is a good player, definitely, but so far for Hibs hasn't really shown it except in very small glimpses. The court case of course had an effect on him as it probably would on anybody, but I don't see him as a replacement for McGinn, he's a different type of player IMO. Might be a more natural replacement for Scott Allan in terms of how he plays the game, but that's just my opinion. It's a bit like what happened with Liam Craig (ex-St Johnstone as well) who looked a good player before we signed him but it didn't really work out for him at Hibs (although he wasn't bad).

SirDavidsNapper
01-04-2018, 07:18 AM
Funny thing to post about a current Hibs player, whether to win an argument or not.

Very strange :hmmm:

Very strange thing for a so called Hibs fan to do. Wouldnt be me wearing that rag never mind kissing the badge even for a joke. Some of the defence Swanson gets on here is mindblowing. Why claim to be a Hearts fan, move to them of your own free will, not play very well, move to Hibs a few years later then claim you were only pretending. That's strange.

He's not performed for Hibs yet and doesn't look like he's going to get another chance to do so. The boy has talent theres no doubt but i don't think he's got the temperament to play for a club the size of Hibs/Hearts. He'll end up at St Johnstone or St Mirren.

LustForLeith
01-04-2018, 07:19 AM
I really hope Danny pulls it together. He’s been through a lot off the field to get to this level and is playing for the club he supports. But it’s just not working out for him.

Brightside
01-04-2018, 08:28 AM
I seen no point in the sub today for Swanson. Game was over and there was little time for it. Seemed to be piss taken tbh.

Its a standard waste time sub. He doesnt have a future at the club and I'd fully expect Fraser Murray to step up next season.

hibbysam
01-04-2018, 08:31 AM
Very strange thing for a so called Hibs fan to do. Wouldnt be me wearing that rag never mind kissing the badge even for a joke. Some of the defence Swanson gets on here is mindblowing. Why claim to be a Hearts fan, move to them of your own free will, not play very well, move to Hibs a few years later then claim you were only pretending. That's strange.

He's not performed for Hibs yet and doesn't look like he's going to get another chance to do so. The boy has talent theres no doubt but i don't think he's got the temperament to play for a club the size of Hibs/Hearts. He'll end up at St Johnstone or St Mirren.

It’s fairly straight forward actually. It was common knowledge he supports Hibs. He was getting a large amount of money to play for hearts. He needed the fans on side so made up a story about supporting them. He then left and hadn’t enjoyed his time there, he then got his dream move to Hibs. He knew he had people asking questions about his previous moves and statements so advised ‘he didn’t try’ etc. To question who he supports is laughable but each to their own. Your comments clearly show a wrsinal issue so I’ll leave you be on that one.

As for his career at Hibs he has been unlucky. His head was minced for the first half of the season regarding the court case. I doubt even the most strong willed of people could really soldier on through that. We then signed an excellent Scott Allan which has again hindered Danny’s game time. He’s still an outstanding backup for us and I’m fairly sure he’ll still be here next season.

eastcoasthibby
01-04-2018, 08:50 AM
How can people even compare Swanson and mcginn. Having watched them both surely you can see they are completely different players that play in different positions/bring different things to the team. If Scott Allan was injured or suspended then I would expect to see Danny playing.

Was pretty concerning for me how our shape and general play looked without SJM in there as well...
I agree totally they are very different players and in my view Bartley and MCGeouch cant play together for whatever reason, mostly I think because Bartley iant a ball player at all and struggles to play a possession game, his movement of the ball to be an option for a pass is limited ...Swanson is a player who is a bit more creative and.instinctive, but hasnt had much opportunity to show it through different reasons. I think we need.to keep him cos.I think we will need.what he can give us in games..if we lose our current 3 first choices ..!!

bubblesmorrison
01-04-2018, 09:20 AM
He did go through a lot with the loss of his best mate and not sure if he is mentality in the right place.

neil7908
01-04-2018, 09:33 AM
The honest answer is that if he's still with us next season it means we haven't been able to shift him or our standards have dropped.

I'd love to see Danny doing well for us and coming off the bench he's shown flashes but we are pushing for 2nd and need players to do more than that.

I wish him all the best and think he'll have no trouble finding a decent SPL club to continue his career with (and probably score against us as well!)

Ell_Chrisso
01-04-2018, 09:42 AM
Not in the know in the slightest, but doesn’t anyone potentially think Lennon has told him that this season is almost a right off for him? He did get the pre-season but has missed out massively in most of the bulk since the early games.

Lennon could be keeping him ticking along to get passed a very difficult time in his life in order to focus on the coming years ahead.

hfc rd
01-04-2018, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=1875godsgift;5357639]

Oor Danny the wind up merchant, still winding them up years later! Outstanding.

You do know that was taken in 2015 and not recently? When he was playing for them.

Hiber-nation
01-04-2018, 09:51 AM

Surely he's spitting on it.

Looks like Danny's not going to get his chance. I thought it was a strange signing and got the usual slaughtering on here when I dared to say it.

jacomo
01-04-2018, 12:53 PM

Looks like Danny's not going to get his chance. I thought it was a strange signing and got the usual slaughtering on here when I dared to say it.

Don’t wallow in self-pity. It’s not a good look.

I thought DS would do well for us but he hasn’t taken his chance.

Sammy7nil
01-04-2018, 12:57 PM
Don’t wallow in self-pity. It’s not a good look.

I thought DS would do well for us but he hasn’t taken his chance.

Oh Mrs it is the self pity police !

SirDavidsNapper
01-04-2018, 02:24 PM

Thought exactly the same.

Hiber-nation
01-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Oh Mrs it is the self pity police !

Aye I'm sitting here with a beer watching the fitba having a right good wallow in my own foul smelling self-pity :greengrin

Lago
01-04-2018, 02:45 PM
My thoughts as well

Hi Heid Yin
01-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Swanson was the "main man" for St. Johnstone and boy do they miss him this season.
Danny is a quality player and I was rooting for him to get over his private grief, then his silly escapade, and knuckle down during this 2nd half of the season, but here we are in April and still waiting for him to deliver. If he was doing the business in training then I'm sure Neil Lennon would be playing him more. This season has been a write-off for Danny and the writing is on the wall re his future.
Maybe also, but just maybe, the step up to Hibs has been a step too far for him.

J-C
01-04-2018, 09:20 PM
Danny has not really set the heather on fire elsewhere, decent for Dundee U and had that one very good season at St Johnstone but sometimes it just doesn't work out when you sign for your boyhood club

Johnny_Leith
01-04-2018, 11:32 PM
Swanson was the "main man" for St. Johnstone and boy do they miss him this season.
Danny is a quality player and I was rooting for him to get over his private grief, then his silly escapade, and knuckle down during this 2nd half of the season, but here we are in April and still waiting for him to deliver. If he was doing the business in training then I'm sure Neil Lennon would be playing him more. This season has been a write-off for Danny and the writing is on the wall re his future.
Maybe also, but just maybe, the step up to Hibs has been a step too far for him.

Who would you drop for him though? He could/probably is giving his all to impress in training and development games, but is he going to get in ahead of Boyle or Allan who are regularly contributing in goals and assists?

I'm not writing him off just yet, with another 14/15 months on his contract I'd hope and expect him to contribute to hibs in that time.

Hi Heid Yin
02-04-2018, 12:58 AM
Who would you drop for him though? He could/probably is giving his all to impress in training and development games, but is he going to get in ahead of Boyle or Allan who are regularly contributing in goals and assists?

I'm not writing him off just yet, with another 14/15 months on his contract I'd hope and expect him to contribute to hibs in that time.

That's the problem: he is behind the two players you mentioned in the pecking order. I'm sure he wants to prove himself through regular game time, but it's really not happening for him - thus the season being a write-off. Ironicallly his chances to play regularly will increase only when, as is suspected, we lose McGinn and McGeouch, by which time, Neil Lennon might have decided to move him on.

Johnny_Leith
02-04-2018, 08:20 AM
That's the problem: he is behind the two players you mentioned in the pecking order. I'm sure he wants to prove himself through regular game time, but it's really not happening for him - thus the season being a write-off. Ironicallly his chances to play regularly will increase only when, as is suspected, we lose McGinn and McGeouch, by which time, Neil Lennon might have decided to move him on.

Unless Swanson wants to leave, I'd be surprised if he was let go by Lennon. Injuries and suspension happens all the time, at some point Boyle or Allan or whoever won't be available and a chance for DS will arise.

It's a squad game and we need all the quality players we can get. Just depends how determined Swanson is to prove himself as a starting XI for hibs.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2018, 08:27 AM
I don't see how anyone can have any sort of opinion on his time at Hibs on the park, as he's not played enough games to form one. :confused:

Ronniekirk
02-04-2018, 08:40 AM
Think its clear Lennon would of been happy to offload him in January Danny chose not to go out on loan Lennon now giving him the message he has no future at Hibs
Surely he could have been given more game time v Thistle

NAE NOOKIE
02-04-2018, 12:02 PM

This for me too. If Danny was going to establish himself in the team it had to be this season IMO and he hasn't, not even to the extent where he is getting a look in when folk are injured or suspended .... it was telling that NL would rather play a 'doubtful' McGeouch than a fully fit Swanson and rather bring on a right back into midfield ( Whittaker ) than him. Lets face it, after the club no doubt did everything they could to be accommodating during his off field problems they would have not appreciated his involvement in the Portugal debacle.

As for Slivka .... The hype that came with him should have made him a contender to be pushing at least for the 3rd spot in midfield, but he hasn't looked like being able to do that, never mind usurp McGeouch or McGinn.

If we were to lose both McGinn and McGeouch in the summer I cant say I would be too happy to see Swanson and Slivka replacing them when both are clearly inferior players by comparison in the eyes of the manager.

FilipinoHibs
02-04-2018, 12:14 PM
He did go through a lot with the loss of his best mate and not sure if he is mentality in the right place.

Yes does not look well or in shape. Beer and takeaway comfort eating.

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Got to laugh at some of the posts on here. Danny is head and shoulders above everyone in training even the players don’t know why he’s not getting a look in. But as he says the teams winning and performing. also this is the fittest Swanson has been been without playing extra training sessions week on week m. Let’s just say him not going on loan to saint Johnstone made lennon ms mind up. And for the people calling him a dud have a word he’s always performed well against us and scored a few also. He needs game time but is not getting a chance that’s what it boils down to.

I seriously doubt he's that good in training and not getting a sniff

Sammy7nil
03-04-2018, 09:09 PM

Do you believe Deek was good in training for Celtic and never got a sniff?

cleanyman
03-04-2018, 09:10 PM
Got to laugh at some of the posts on here. Danny is head and shoulders above everyone in training even the players don’t know why he’s not getting a look in. But as he says the teams winning and performing. also this is the fittest Swanson has been been without playing extra training sessions week on week m. Let’s just say him not going on loan to saint Johnstone made lennon ms mind up. And for the people calling him a dud have a word he’s always performed well against us and scored a few also. He needs game time but is not getting a chance that’s what it boils down to.

Aye okay Danny

Zoro
03-04-2018, 09:11 PM

Always something bad to say about Swanson. I can assure you he is.

Zoro
03-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Aye okay Danny

Something you disagree with.

Smartie
03-04-2018, 09:13 PM
Showed a nice wee flash of ability when he went on tonight.

Shame he's not had much of an opportunity to show more.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2018, 09:15 PM

Which players think he's head and shoulders above them Zoro?

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Read again my post

Danny is head and shoulders above everyone in training even the players don’t know why he’s not getting a look in.

I take it you are not at training everyday, so your information has to have come from them, or the coaches?

Sammy7nil
03-04-2018, 09:22 PM
Read again my post

I suppose the question is ho said he is head and shoulders above everyone in training and what do they base that on? For example Strachan said Deek was the best finisher at Celtic.

Zoro
03-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Danny is head and shoulders above everyone in training even the players don’t know why he’s not getting a look in.

I take it you are not at training everyday, so your information has to have come from them, or the coaches?

someone in the pub told me

Zoro
03-04-2018, 09:24 PM
I suppose the question is ho said he is head and shoulders above everyone in training and what do they base that on? For example Strachan said Deek was the best finisher at Celtic.

Guy in the boozer told me

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2018, 09:25 PM
someone in the pub told me

Aye, well if had been the fish man i might have kept my laughs to myself.:rolleyes:

Zoro
03-04-2018, 09:27 PM
Aye, well if had been the fish man i might have kept my laughs to myself.:rolleyes:

😎 anything you want to know just geez a shout just having a beer with him the now

Sammy7nil
03-04-2018, 09:28 PM
Guy in the boozer told me

It must be true then thanks for clearing that up :aok:

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2018, 09:29 PM
😎 anything you want to know just geez a shout just having a beer with him the now

I doubt it, you are not old enough to get into a pub.

Sammy7nil
03-04-2018, 09:29 PM

Does he think you are a gullible Walter Mitty :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2018, 09:30 PM

Shouldnt be drinking Danny or you'll never get a start

Zoro
03-04-2018, 09:32 PM

I’m no Pinocchio that’s for sure

Lago
03-04-2018, 09:33 PM

Which player or players told you that?

Zoro
03-04-2018, 09:34 PM
Which player or players told you that?

Guy in the boozer

hibsbollah
03-04-2018, 09:36 PM
Im a big fan of Swanson. But our record without him speaks for himself, its going to be hard for him to break into this midfield. I'm sure he appreciates this himself.

Zoro
03-04-2018, 09:36 PM

I know your fi fife but would be pretty hard if I was Danny and just finish d playing. And be on here winding you up

Sammy7nil
03-04-2018, 09:39 PM
I’m no Pinocchio that’s for sure

I would leave it there Geppeto you had a point to make but now you are just embarrassing yourself. Give it a few weeks people will maybe forget and you can start posting again.

Zoro
03-04-2018, 09:43 PM
I would leave it there Geppeto you had a point to make but now you are just embarrassing yourself. Give it a few weeks people will maybe forget and you can start posting again.

I’m just out celebrating the win. At the wind up settle

Sammy7nil
03-04-2018, 09:48 PM
I’m just out celebrating the win. At the wind up settle

Oh sorry I missed the humour :greengrin if you have more funny lines like this try harder to keep them to yourself.:wink:

Zoro
03-04-2018, 09:50 PM
Oh sorry I missed the humour :greengrin if you have more funny lines like this try harder to keep them to yourself.:wink:

Oh my sides. I’ll keep you posted u posted about what’s going on don’t worry.

Sammy7nil
03-04-2018, 09:54 PM
Oh my sides. I’ll keep you posted u posted about what’s going on don’t worry.

I have lots more like that :aok:stay in touch.

Keyser Sauzee
03-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Doubt he will be here next season and if he is I think he will be contributing as much as he is currently. He’s not shown enough in the games he’s been involved in and it looks like he’s not showing enough in training as there’s been an opportunity to be involved recently and Lennon hasn’t chosen too. I wanted it to work for him being a hibby but it’s clearly not so far and think he’ll end up at St J or another bottom 6 team.

Zoro
03-04-2018, 10:06 PM
Doubt he will be here next season and if he is I think he will be contributing as much as he is currently. He’s not shown enough in the games he’s been involved in and it looks like he’s not showing enough in training as there’s been an opportunity to be involved recently and Lennon hasn’t chosen too. I wanted it to work for him being a hibby but it’s clearly not so far and think he’ll end up at St J or another bottom 6 team.

Add up the minutes he’s had and then ask is that enough to say he’s had a fair chance

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Swanson hasn't really had a look in, unfortunate for him with his personal troubles this year and the stiff competition for places. I always thought he had something to offer and he might well still do that. Looked decent enough in his brief cameo tonight so you never know.

Lago
04-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Swanson hasn't really had a look in, unfortunate for him with his personal troubles this year and the stiff competition for places. I always thought he had something to offer and he might well still do that. Looked decent enough in his brief cameo tonight so you never know.
Looks over weight to me.

G B Young
04-04-2018, 11:13 AM
Swanson's an excellent footballer, a top quality player to have the luxury of bringing on as a sub, and I hope he stays with the club as we have no idea what our squad will look like come the start of next season. Hibs have arguably the best midfield in Scotland at present and he's simply struggling to get a look-in right now.