PDA

View Full Version : Tickets FAO Season Ticket Holders In Section 50

Mikey
31-03-2018, 04:57 PM
That's the black seats in the Upper FF. Could you drop me a PM if you have a season ticket in Section 50.

It's about the club's proposal to move us out of that section from season 2019/20.

Ta.

kennedy
31-03-2018, 05:23 PM
That's the black seats in the Upper FF. Could you drop me a PM if you have a season ticket in Section 50.

It's about the club's proposal to move us out of that section from season 2019/20.

Ta.

If you are trying to get support against the planned move by the club you can count on myself and family friends (total 11) season ticket holders in section 50

SChibs
31-03-2018, 05:33 PM
What's the reason behind the move?

we are hibs
31-03-2018, 05:42 PM
What's the reason behind the move?

to use the seats for Hospitality i'd imagine?

budgiemcb
31-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Drop you a PM mate.

Mikey
31-03-2018, 06:05 PM
Thanks to those who have PM'd so far. I'll wait to see if there are any more and reply to all at once.

SChibs
31-03-2018, 06:36 PM
to use the seats for Hospitality i'd imagine?

Wasn't sure if it was to do with the singing section

Skol
31-03-2018, 06:46 PM
Fans reps should be able to help

31-03-2018, 08:06 PM
Ten of us been there for five years through the championship crap etc. We were not asked to move then. Football and making money who gives a about the fans.

Mikey
01-04-2018, 09:15 AM
Bump.

Feed McGraw
01-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Thanks to those who have PM'd so far. I'll wait to see if there are any more and reply to all at once. More people in the section starting to find out about this now I think Mike. Heard a few talking about it yesterday, our group will support anything that makes the club think twice about this.

StevieT
01-04-2018, 09:59 AM
PM sent

Feed McGraw
01-04-2018, 10:14 AM
Ten of us been there for five years through the championship crap etc. We were not asked to move then. Football and making money who gives a about the fans. We`re the same. We paid extra initially when we moved in there but they eventually made it the same price as the non padded seats. I think many in there have been through the "tough times" as well so this move if it happens would be a bit of a kick in the teeth and there`s not many decent seats left to move us to.

Mikey
01-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Thanks to those who have PM'd me. I'm still hearing from new people this morning so I'll give it until later today before replying.

Gerard
01-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Pm sent

Mikey
01-04-2018, 07:36 PM
You all have a PM!

hibbymac
02-04-2018, 12:40 AM
You all have a PM!

:aok: Cheers Mike

My_Wife_Camille
02-04-2018, 12:53 AM
Is there any reason that people are so precious about their seats other than the primary school attitude of “we were here first so eff off”?

hibbymac
02-04-2018, 01:09 AM
Is there any reason that people are so precious about their seats other than the primary school attitude of “we were here first so eff off”?

:confused: how do you reach that conclusion?

andybev1
02-04-2018, 02:52 AM

Maybe because they like being their which is why they chose those seats?

Beefster
02-04-2018, 07:36 AM

You’ve probably got a point if there were loads of other seats to choose from but I can’t imagine there is. I’ve got a peach of a seat and I’d be mightily pissed off if Hibs insisted I moved and I had to choose a new one right now, whilst STs are at record numbers.

dp00
02-04-2018, 07:57 AM
You’ve probably got a point if there were loads of other seats to choose from but I can’t imagine there is. I’ve got a peach of a seat and I’d be mightily pissed off if Hibs insisted I moved and I had to choose a new one right now, whilst STs are at record numbers.

If hibs are desperate to get these seat back to use for hospitality then they need to offer the current holders equivalent seats in the stadium and maybe a free hospitality game as good measure

If the supporters aren’t willing to move or no equivalent seats can be found for them then IMO hibs need to then just work around it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
02-04-2018, 08:34 AM
They could just increase the price of the high demand seats? We are a business after all...

Chuck Rhoades
02-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Very secret squirrel? Why has the decision been made to advertise this then hide the collective response to the club?

60yearahibby
02-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Could it be that the club intend to remove the padded seats and replace them with standard ones. Such a plan would increase number of seats by 2 possibly 3 seats per row which would increase capacity in FF stand

HH81
02-04-2018, 09:21 AM
I have sat in section 50 a few times. Stumbled across these seats once when I made a late decision to travel up. They are decent, bigger and padded. I'd pay more than the the 22 quid to sit in them. Great in the winter.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 09:25 AM
Could it be that the club intend to remove the padded seats and replace them with standard ones. Such a plan would increase number of seats by 2 possibly 3 seats per row which would increase capacity in FF stand

If that was the case, surely they would have said this in there communication to the current seat holders

Maz
02-04-2018, 09:42 AM

We are in the same position re FF Lower (family stand). We had to relocate for this season because of the lift issue. We tried out various seats in other stands and believe me there are none suitable. We were given our current seats by the Club and have been told we’ll need to relocate next season again. I do not know where the club are going to put everyone they want to move. We actually wanted to keep our great seats in FF Upper for this season and relocate for any match my Mum could make. The Club said that wouldn’t be the best idea and practically forced us to move. It’s now backfired on us massively. How they are going to get round this is anyone’s guess but you’ll be hard pushed to find a decent seat elsewhere in the stadium.

BonnieFitbaTeam
02-04-2018, 09:45 AM
We`re the same. We paid extra initially when we moved in there but they eventually made it the same price as the non padded seats. I think many in there have been through the "tough times" as well so this move if it happens would be a bit of a kick in the teeth and there`s not many decent seats left to move us to.

Let me get this straight; you're paying the same as the rest of us but you've got a comfy, padded seat with plenty of legroom and the best view in the house, and you're whining about the "tough times" that the rest of us had to endure in crappy, hard, plastic seats?

overdrive
02-04-2018, 09:47 AM
If that was the case, surely they would have said this in there communication to the current seat holders

There also wouldn’t be a need to move people out. From my experience of the Singing section and lift moves, you have very little chance of getting an equivalent decent seat elsewhere and it will probably be worse now than it was then.

I also think quite a few people moved into section 50 when they were moved from section 25, so it will be annoying for them to have to move again.

sleeping giant
02-04-2018, 09:55 AM
This is great :greengrin

Moaning about lack of seats at ER is a good thing :agree:

overdrive
02-04-2018, 10:02 AM
This is great :greengrin

Moaning about lack of seats at ER is a good thing :agree:

I see your point but not if it pisses off loyal supporters due to decisions taken by the Club. If the reason for this move is as expected, i.e. due to the Club wanting extra hospitality seats (which to be fair I don’t think has been confirmed yet), there will be less seats for ordinary punters.

I hope the communication is a lot better this time and that the Club have learnt from their mistakes. At least there is a longer lead time this time. I also hope they stick to their promises this time as well. We were told we would get a priority period to pick alternative seats between the renewal deadline and the general sale starting. This didn’t happen, or if it did, they forgot to tell everyone.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 10:14 AM
I see your point but not if it pisses off loyal supporters due to decisions taken by the Club. If the reason for this move is as expected, i.e. due to the Club wanting extra hospitality seats (which to be fair I don’t think has been confirmed yet), there will be less seats for ordinary punters.

I hope the communication is a lot better this time and that the Club have learnt from their mistakes. At least there is a longer lead time this time. I also hope they stick to their promises this time as well. We were told we would get a priority period to pick alternative seats between the renewal deadline and the general sale starting. This didn’t happen, or if it did, they forgot to tell everyone.

Strange thing is we have lots of empty hospitality seats in the West every game
Presume that hospitality inside the West is full, so getting some extra in the North will drive revenue, but at a cost to loyal fans

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Let me get this straight; you're paying the same as the rest of us but you've got a comfy, padded seat with plenty of legroom and the best view in the house, and you're whining about the "tough times" that the rest of us had to endure in crappy, hard, plastic seats?

The type of seat really is immaterial, it's the location and the process being forced upon them that is the problem.

BonnieFitbaTeam
02-04-2018, 11:06 AM
The type of seat really is immaterial, it's the location and the process being forced upon them that is the problem.

In my opinion the type of seat is very far from immaterial. Those are premium seats which under any other circumstances would come at a premium price. I don't think you can claim it's some sort of additional "kick in the teeth" just because you've been there through the "tough times" - haven't we all - when you've had those hard times a bit cushier (pun intended :wink:) than most.

I agree though that the process, how it's handled, is potentially a different matter.

Keith_M
02-04-2018, 11:16 AM
Section 50 is a great place to sit but, TBF, it was actually designed to be Executive Seating and was only temporarily sold at Standard prices.

It's a shame for anybody that has to move seat but I think they've also done well at getting to sit there for two years or so for the same price as the sections either side.

guthrie01
02-04-2018, 11:17 AM

Correct, I couldn't care less about losing the leather seats. It was just a nice little bonus about buying a season ticket in Sct 50.

The real issue for me is losing a really good view of the pitch for a not so great view of the pitch due to the amount of season tickets purchased and battling the other members of the current 50 section for the remaining seats available.

And what if I find a new section and become familiar with it, am I then constantly anxious waiting to see if Leeann decides she wants to remove members of that section for something more desirable to the club.

If we are told to simply get lost and find a new seat then I would have serious doubts about renewing my season ticket.

BonnieFitbaTeam
02-04-2018, 11:19 AM
Section 50 is a great place to sit but, TBF, it was actually designed to be Executive Seating and was only temporarily sold at Standard prices.

It's a shame for anybody that has to move seat but I think they've also done well at getting to sit there for two years or so for the same price as the sections either side.

Nutshell.

guthrie01
02-04-2018, 11:24 AM

If they chose to raise the prices for the benefit of leather seats then I would be quite happy to pay for the privilege and to keep my seat where it is

Mikey
02-04-2018, 11:24 AM
If we are told to simply get lost and find a new seat then I would have serious doubts about renewing my season ticket.

A few people I've spoken to have said that. I suspect I would go for an away ST and just PATG for the home games I fancy.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 11:28 AM
A few people I've spoken to have said that. I suspect I would go for an away ST and just PATG for the home games I fancy.

Can’t apply for an away season ticket without a home one

kennedy
02-04-2018, 11:32 AM
Correct, I couldn't care less about losing the leather seats. It was just a nice little bonus about buying a season ticket in Sct 50.

The real issue for me is losing a really good view of the pitch for a not so great view of the pitch due to the amount of season tickets purchased and battling the other members of the current 50 section for the remaining seats available.

And what if I find a new section and become familiar with it, am I then constantly anxious waiting to see if Leeann decides she wants to remove members of that section for something more desirable to the club.

Spot on with the last bit, if all section 50 refused to renew the club would really have to reconsider what they are planning

wookie70
02-04-2018, 11:40 AM
I can see the thinking about maximising revenue but football is not just a business and you have to think about the bad times too. Not many people will buy hospitality packages if we are getting beat every week and it will be the loyal fans that keep things ticking over until we recover on the pitch. The seats are clearly premium seats so I think it is reasonable to charge a bit extra but that should be reasonable and not with a compulsion to move.

The loyalty scheme was scrapped because a few fans said they wouldn't renew so perhaps fan power will win out if you all get together and make your case. There couldn't be a worse time to do it as the good seats are pretty much all taken and judging by the replies on this thread there are some good sized groups to accommodate. That simply won't be possible without turfing other fans out of their seats.

BonnieFitbaTeam
02-04-2018, 11:41 AM
If they chose to raise the prices for the benefit of leather seats then I would be quite happy to pay for the privilege and to keep my seat where it is

Fair play, and I'd have thought that would be the first option offered but it doesn't sound like it?

02-04-2018, 11:43 AM
That's entirely my thoughts. Don't renew. Hopefully there will be meaningful discussion on this subject. I would like the option to pay more for this seating rather than be decanted.

My_Wife_Camille
02-04-2018, 11:45 AM
Toys out the pram stuff imo. Laughable that grown adults would cut their noses off just to spite their faces in a situation like this.

There are thousands of seats in the stadium, the people getting precious about it are coming across like big babies imo.

As others said, you had the benefit of sitting in premium seating for a while where the lack of demand allowed it. You should be grateful that the club gave you that opportunity for a while instead of taking the huff and behaving all entitled just because the levels of demand have changed.

The good news is, if you do decide to take the huff, the club is now in a position where you’re absence won’t be noticed at all. As for paying for the games you fancy, I hope you fancy coming along to watch Motherwell, Hamilton and St Mirren because you’ll find it tough getting a ticket for any of the big games

kennedy
02-04-2018, 11:53 AM
Toys out the pram stuff imo. Laughable that grown adults would cut their noses off just to spite their faces in a situation like this.

There are thousands of seats in the stadium, the people getting precious about it are coming across like big babies imo.

As others said, you had the benefit of sitting in premium seating for a while where the lack of demand allowed it. You should be grateful that the club gave you that opportunity for a while instead of taking the huff and behaving all entitled just because the levels of demand have changed.

The good news is, if you do decide to take the huff, the club is now in a position where you’re absence won’t be noticed at all. As for paying for the games you fancy, I hope you fancy coming along to watch Motherwell, Hamilton and St Mirren because you’ll find it tough getting a ticket for any of the big games

Jeezo !! how thick are you ???? as mentioned plenty of times it's not the COMFY seats we are complaining about it's the fact we are being told to move, I like where I sit and it would not bother me if it was even a plastic seat. I am surrounded by a lot of decent people. Where do you sit and would you be happy if told to move I doubt it

guthrie01
02-04-2018, 12:01 PM

The club are looking to move an entire section out of their seats, good luck accommodating all of them (many in groups of 2,3,4+) moving from good seats to the rubbish ones at the side of the East/West

I didn't ask the club to personally give me a leather seat, I choose Section 50 because I like sitting behind the goals and enjoy the view from where I sit

And as I said before, what if the club decides to remove more sections from the ground to suit the club, am I expected just to keep moving from section to section with a smile on my face ?

Your post just shows your complete lack of understanding the situation and the difficulty it's causing for people who sit there being forced to move.

hibbytam
02-04-2018, 12:04 PM
I think most people sitting in section 50 would have known that the club might want to turn it back to hospitality at some point. My only concern is that there seems be plenty of free seats in the west stand hospitality. Would be a shame to move people, only for those seats to be empty most weeks.

I'm a st in that section, but I don't know if I'm even renewing this season, never mind next.

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2018, 12:05 PM

that one raised my eyebrows :agree: so much wrong with that statement

My_Wife_Camille
02-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Jeezo !! how thick are you ???? as mentioned plenty of times it's not the COMFY seats we are complaining about it's the fact we are being told to move, I like where I sit and it would not bother me if it was even a plastic seat. I am surrounded by a lot of decent people. Where do you sit and would you be happy if told to move I doubt it
Deary me.

I understand the problem fine well. People are simply taking the huff because they are being told to do something, a type of behaviour that is closely associated with pre school children.

If I was told to move by the club I literally would not care a jot because I am not a 4 year old who stamps his feet and cries when told what to do

Pretty Boy
02-04-2018, 12:19 PM
At least the club are bothering to engage in dialogue this time.

When the Section 25 issue arose the only involved parties not consulted in the process were the 30 or so of us already in situ there. The 1st we knew about it was when we received a communication strongly implying we should move. I'd sat in the same seat for a decade and most of those around us had been there for similar periods of time, they may not have been the most desirable seats but we liked them and liked the people we sat with. I received a reply from from LD to an email I sent and she acknowledged things could have been handled better but I still can't get my head round the fact that in all the meetings about what was happening with that section no one thought those of us who sat there deserved the courtesy of having our say.

I'm not a hypocrite and had advocated for the singing guys to go behind the goals for some time so whilst I didn't really want to move I accept that i can't advocate for something that only causes a potential issue for others. what I objected to was being kept in the dark until the decision was made and talking to others in the section there was a general feeling of being treated as inferior fans despite all of us investing a lot of time and money in Hibs over a number of years through good times and bad. A lot of the promises about what seats would be made available to us weren't honoured either.

It's great that we are in such a position that space is at something of a premium, hopefully communication improves going forward and suitable arrangements are found or everyone.

guthrie01
02-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Deary me.

I understand the problem fine well. People are simply taking the huff because they are being told to do something, a type of behaviour that is closely associated with pre school children.

If I was told to move by the club I literally would not care a jot because I am not a 4 year old who stamps his feet and cries when told what to do

Your right we are just silly children, we shouldn't just let the club do whatever they want with disregard of the fans because we are just silly children.

Leeann wants me to sit on a cardboard box with a giant pole obstructing all of my vision, of course I wouldn't object because I do as I'm told and don't care a jot

Deary me.

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 12:35 PM
When did those seats become available for general sale? As far as I can remember they were always hospitality so I’m guessing it’s only been in the last 3/4 years that that’s changed?

My_Wife_Camille
02-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Your right we are just silly children, we shouldn't just let the club do whatever they want with disregard of the fans because we are just silly children.

Leeann wants me to sit on a cardboard box with a giant pole obstructing all of my vision, of course I wouldn't object because I do as I'm told and don't care a jot

Deary me.

You should have said that. I was under the impression that you had just been asked to move to another are of the ground where you would sit on a normal plastic seat like the other 15,000 people attending with an unobstructed view like the other 15,000 people attending.

If what you say is true then I agree with you, that’s out of order. I want to kno how are they paying for the giant pole? Presumably with the additional income made from increased hospitality sales?

LustForLeith
02-04-2018, 12:40 PM
So is there hospitality in the Famous Five? I never knew they had hospitality here

kennedy
02-04-2018, 12:40 PM
Deary me.

What you don't seem to realise there are groups of supporters (11 family and friends as I am with) who have sat together for many years, where do you think the club would manage to seat us all as a group together ???? may not bother you right enough if you sit alone at the game and the club told you to move as you would only need the one seat

Mikey
02-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Can’t apply for an away season ticket without a home one

No problem. I'll just get a friend or family to do it.

My_Wife_Camille
02-04-2018, 12:46 PM
What you don't seem to realise there are groups of supporters (11 family and friends as I am with) who have sat together for many years, where do you think the club would manage to seat us all as a group together ???? may not bother you right enough if you sit alone at the game and the club told you to move as you would only need the one seat
I sit in a group of 9 but nevermind

mcfly
02-04-2018, 12:52 PM

Ignore this guy. Hearts fan at the wind up

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2018, 12:53 PM
I stood behind that goal for years, nobody emailed me when they decided to put bench seating in and take away my choice of where i watched Hibs. :wink:

I have had season tickets in the west and east since then, it makes no difference to me, its what's on the park i go to see, not where i see it from or who i sit next to that's important to me.

I had to move so the club could move forward and grow, it happens.

kennedy
02-04-2018, 12:57 PM

OK then what would your attitude be if asked to move and you all wanted to sit together, with the demand as it is now, I would strongly doubt they could fit you in together, except if you had to sit at the ends of the stands. This is the main problem. I'm sure many of us in section 50 would move if we could still sit together and also have a decent view of the park as we have now, but that will be impossible with the current demand.

3pm
02-04-2018, 12:59 PM
OK then what would your attitude be if asked to move and you all wanted to sit together, with the demand as it is now, I would strongly doubt they could fit you in together, except if you had to sit at the ends of the stands. This is the main problem. I'm sure many of us in section 50 would move if we could still sit together and also have a decent view of the park as we have now, but that will be impossible with the current demand.

What have the club actually asked / said mate?

Eric
02-04-2018, 12:59 PM
So is there hospitality in the Famous Five? I never knew they had hospitality here

Hospitality in the Famous Five Members Lounge was moved to the new West Stand when it opened in 2000. :thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
02-04-2018, 01:02 PM
Very secret squirrel? Why has the decision been made to advertise this then hide the collective response to the club?

Anyone?

kennedy
02-04-2018, 01:07 PM
What have the club actually asked / said mate?

They have informed us ( official club mail out and official site) that they intend to change the use of the seating in section 50 for 2019/20 season and that we should consider relocating either now or at the end of next season

Eyrie
02-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Deary me.

So if the club told you to move so it could give your seat to one of the people being forced out of section 50 you'd be fine with that and wouldn't mind trying to get a seat elsewhere that wasn't at the end of a stand?

Speedy
02-04-2018, 01:16 PM

There's no chance of relocating a group that size to a decent seat.

It's entirely reasonable to be unhappy about having to leave a group you've sat with for years unless you opt for a crap seat.

guthrie01
02-04-2018, 01:18 PM
So if the club told you to move so it could give your seat to one of the people being forced out of section 50 you'd be fine with that and wouldn't mind trying to get a seat elsewhere that wasn't at the end of a stand?

Now there’s an idea :hmmm:

CapitalGreen
02-04-2018, 01:18 PM
Oh all very exciting, I wonder what the club has planned for 2019/20...

hibbytam
02-04-2018, 01:19 PM
They have informed us ( official club mail out and official site) that they intend to change the use of the seating in section 50 for 2019/20 season and that we should consider relocating either now or at the end of next season

The club have given plenty notice, and it's only a maybe just now anyway.
It was always a possibility, given that they Are hospitality seats made standard because attendance was low. Now that attendance is up, it's fair enough for the club to look at making more money.

kennedy
02-04-2018, 01:21 PM
There's no chance of relocating a group that size to a decent seat.

It's entirely reasonable to be unhappy about having to leave an group you've sat with for years unless you opt for a crap seat.

That comment is spot on, nothing to do with comfy seats, extra leg room etc it's having to move to a hopefully decent seat in another part of the stadium and keeping everyone in your group together. Just impossible

kennedy
02-04-2018, 01:26 PM
The club have given plenty notice, and it's only a maybe just now anyway.
It was always a possibility, given that they Are hospitality seats made standard because attendance was low. Now that attendance is up, it's fair enough for the club to look at making more money.

I honestly don't think there would be a demand for another 200 (approx.) hospitality guests at normal fixtures. What happens if we go on a downward couple of seasons and corporate side of it slides away, what are we left with. The old faithful supporters I assume. We all want to see the club thrive, just don't think this is the best way. Just have to wait and see I suppose

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 01:34 PM
I honestly don't think there would be a demand for another 200 (approx.) hospitality guests at normal fixtures. What happens if we go on a downward couple of seasons and corporate side of it slides away, what are we left with. The old faithful supporters I assume. We all want to see the club thrive, just don't think this is the best way. Just have to wait and see I suppose

Then the seats would lie empty. You can’t buy a season ticket in the West seats although plenty would love to (view, lots of seats together, comfy seats) so I don’t see why it’s different in the FF.

My_Wife_Camille
02-04-2018, 01:34 PM
We already sit at the end of the stand. Was the only place we could get 9 together

overdrive
02-04-2018, 01:40 PM
You should have said that. I was under the impression that you had just been asked to move to another are of the ground where you would sit on a normal plastic seat like the other 15,000 people attending with an unobstructed view like the other 15,000 people attending.

If what you say is true then I agree with you, that’s out of order. I want to kno how are they paying for the giant pole? Presumably with the additional income made from increased hospitality sales?

Contrary to popular belief not all the seats in the stadium have perfect views. Following Hibs "strongly recommending" that we move due to the singing section and the lift, we were offered a few different seats in the end sections of the West and got to test them out. All them had some sort of obstruction, pretty major ones at that like no view of the goal line. The end sections of the East and West have hardly any STs in them for a reason. That reason is that the views from a significant part of them are sub-standard and hardly anyone wants to sit there. A few others have posted on this site backing up my view that there are most definitely obstructed view seats at ER that aren't listed as such. That was just for me and my dad. It will be a worse situation for those in larger groups.

They don't just now and haven't for a number of years - probably since Behind the Goals came into existence. It used to be in the suites where BTG was and the glass windows at the back of the FF Lower were executive boxes. If there is a plan to reintroduce a suite in the FF, what is happening to the NHS facility as that was meant to be in there?

RoYO!
02-04-2018, 02:08 PM
The easiest way to fix this is to give those in section 50 first dibs in the SJM NE corner. Say at, 50% off. Done.

LustForLeith
02-04-2018, 03:19 PM
Contrary to popular belief not all the seats in the stadium have perfect views. Following Hibs "strongly recommending" that we move due to the singing section and the lift, we were offered a few different seats in the end sections of the West and got to test them out. All them had some sort of obstruction, pretty major ones at that like no view of the goal line. The end sections of the East and West have hardly any STs in them for a reason. That reason is that the views from a significant part of them are sub-standard and hardly anyone wants to sit there. A few others have posted on this site backing up my view that there are most definitely obstructed view seats at ER that aren't listed as such. That was just for me and my dad. It will be a worse situation for those in larger groups.

They don't just now and haven't for a number of years - probably since Behind the Goals came into existence. It used to be in the suites where BTG was and the glass windows at the back of the FF Lower were executive boxes. If there is a plan to reintroduce a suite in the FF, what is happening to the NHS facility as that was meant to be in there?

That’s what I was thinking.

I’m sure there was hospitality in that end when Rangers won the league at Easter Road.

When they scored everybody started to celebrate in hospitality, clearly Rangers fans. So lots Of Hibs fans stood up in front of the boxes to block their view.

danhibees1875
02-04-2018, 03:37 PM
The easiest way to fix this is to give those in section 50 first dibs in the SJM NE corner. Say at, 50% off. Done.

:agree:

Lack of seats + restricted views = fill in the corners.

Don't know about 50% off though. They've had padded seats at no extra cost for years, charge them an extra £100 I say. :wink:

Carheenlea
02-04-2018, 03:43 PM
That’s what I was thinking.

I’m sure there was hospitality in that end when Rangers won the league at Easter Road.

When they scored everybody started to celebrate in hospitality, clearly Rangers fans. So lots Of Hibs fans stood up in front of the boxes to block their view.

Can remember everyone who had ST’s in the FF upper, myself included back then, receiving letters from the club warning them of their behaviour towards visiting “guests” who attracted a bit of attention on occasion against certain opposition whilst celebrating goals and goading home fans from the black seats. Can remember being livid about this as the behaviour warnings should really have been sent to our visitors.

The Harp
02-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Can remember everyone who had ST’s in the FF upper, myself included back then, receiving letters from the club warning them of their behaviour towards visiting “guests” who attracted a bit of attention on occasion against certain opposition whilst celebrating goals and goading home fans from the black seats. Can remember being livid about this as the behaviour warnings should really have been sent to our visitors.

Yeah, remember that well. I had my seat in adjoining section 23 - still do. The behaviour of some of the visiting hospitality users, particularly Rangers, was unacceptable, yet the club saw fit to send warning letters to our season ticket holders. Many of us complained to the club about their handling of the situation at the time.
Certainly wouldn't want to have to go through similar again.

greenlad
02-04-2018, 05:11 PM
Yeah, remember that well. I had my seat in adjoining section 23 - still do. The behaviour of some of the visiting hospitality users, particularly Rangers, was unacceptable, yet the club saw fit to send warning letters to our season ticket holders. Many of us complained to the club about their handling of the situation at the time.
Certainly wouldn't want to have to go through similar again.

Think the letter was from the late Dougie Cromb and pretty much admonishing the home support in the FF Upper for not being welcoming to visiting fans in the black seats.

A good decent Hibs man but he got this badly wrong IMO. Trying and struggling to imagine Hibs fans being allowed to behave in such a way in the home section at Ibrox or Tynecastle.

The issue was at its worst the first season of the new FF Stand, 95-96. The corporates in the black seats shared a stairway with the ordinary fans. By 96-97 an extra stairway and dividing barrier had been created at a loss of 2 seats. My 3rd seat along became the aisle end seat and 22 years later I'm still in the same seat.

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2018, 05:29 PM
In my opinion the type of seat is very far from immaterial. Those are premium seats which under any other circumstances would come at a premium price. I don't think you can claim it's some sort of additional "kick in the teeth" just because you've been there through the "tough times" - haven't we all - when you've had those hard times a bit cushier (pun intended :wink:) than most.

I agree though that the process, how it's handled, is potentially a different matter.

Nope as others have confirmed the type of seat is indeed immaterial and is not the issue that really bothers them.

WestStandWillie
02-04-2018, 06:42 PM
I done hospitality in the FF, sitting in those comfy seats back in the 90’s. Drew with the gunts!

I welcome hospitality back. Those who are sitting there can move to another part of the FF. Sitting in the plastic seats dae no harm whatsoever.

02-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Not happy about all the “ aye just move responses “ This as long as u have a seat nonsense. A few are at the wind up. I’m no happy about the plans. Right from season 2019/2020 no seats are guaranteed and it’s a free for all to get your st.

kennedy
02-04-2018, 06:58 PM
I done hospitality in the FF, sitting in those comfy seats back in the 90’s. Drew with the gunts!

I welcome hospitality back. Those who are sitting there can move to another part of the FF. Sitting in the plastic seats dae no harm whatsoever.

Why don't you read the whole thread first, there are no other seats available in the Ff Stand to take the 200 ticket holders

Michael
02-04-2018, 07:02 PM
We don't need more hospitality as half of them are usually emepty. Just let the folk thay are there have the seats Hibs!

I'm actually pretty jealous of the leather.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 07:07 PM
We don't need more hospitality as half of them are usually emepty. Just let the folk thay are there have the seats Hibs!

I'm actually pretty jealous of the leather.

I think the internal hospitality on the West is mostly full, but we have too many seats in the upper for it. Should release some of these for season ticket holders?
I’m presuming they want to have hospitality in the North Stand, and use the padded seats for them to watch the game

CentreLine
02-04-2018, 07:31 PM

Lost me with that comment. No view of the goal-line? I think you have another Edinburgh ground in mind.

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2018, 07:55 PM
Lost me with that comment. No view of the goal-line? I think you have another Edinburgh ground in mind.

Seats at the very far South end of the West Upper probably.

mcfly
02-04-2018, 08:33 PM
The point here is those who sit in section 50 have been season ticket holders for many years, when it was easy to buy a season ticket and you would have choice of seats.

Now we have over 13k season ticket holders there just isn’t the space to move people, take a look at the east, west stand. You can’t get 2-3 seats together.

We are talking about moving a whole section - that must be 200-300 people.

Why should these long standing season ticket holders be forced to move to seats that no one else wants?

well done to to mike for speaking up about this as it’s an important matter that Leanne needs to take into account.

Danderhall Hibs
02-04-2018, 09:25 PM
The point here is those who sit in section 50 have been season ticket holders for many years, when it was easy to buy a season ticket and you would have choice of seats.

Now we have over 13k season ticket holders there just isn’t the space to move people, take a look at the east, west stand. You can’t get 2-3 seats together.

We are talking about moving a whole section - that must be 200-300 people.

Why should these long standing season ticket holders be forced to move to seats that no one else wants?

well done to to mike for speaking up about this as it’s an important matter that Leanne needs to take into account.

Should they look at everyone’s account to see how long they’ve held a season ticket and then allocate the “good seats” to those with the longest period?

Lancs Harp
02-04-2018, 09:27 PM
Should they look at everyone’s account to see how long they’ve held a season ticket and then allocate the “good seats” to those with the longest period?

But how would that work if for instance a more elderly fan had been a season ticket holder for 20 years say but now sits with his son who had been a season ticket holder for 5 years? Are they now expected to sit apart from each other?

overdrive
02-04-2018, 09:30 PM

Genuinely. Sitting in certain seats of the last section at the north end of the West Stand, the side bits of the stand block the view of the goal line. Additionally in that same section (but different seats) the railings at the exits block significant chunks of the South end of the pitch.

It’s not just me BTW... other folk have posted similar points (not in this thread) about the seats the Club offered to them when asked to move.

overdrive
02-04-2018, 09:32 PM

My experience was with seats at the very far North end of the West Upper but I would imagine the same would hold true at the South end.

Danderhall Hibs
02-04-2018, 09:35 PM
But how would that work if for instance a more elderly fan had been a season ticket holder for 20 years say but now sits with his son who had been a season ticket holder for 5 years? Are they now expected to sit apart from each other?

The club would have to choose if it’s the highest level or lowest level that counts.

Or anyone affected could start a thread about it and get a petition started? :greengrin

PatHead
02-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Trying to play the devils advocate here. What do the fans in section 50 see as a solution? Is there one? Lets assume that they are asking you to move to raise money which improve the team for all of our benefit. Have they looked at what is available elsewhere?

Mibbes Aye
02-04-2018, 10:06 PM
Is it true that some folk have had far better season tickets, not advertised as such, but padded seats, better leg room, at the same price as inferior seats?

guthrie01
02-04-2018, 10:19 PM
Is it true that some folk have had far better season tickets, not advertised as such, but padded seats, better leg room, at the same price as inferior seats?

Oh it is much better than old chap

We each have our own personal butler who deliver us fresh shrimp cocktails and champagne whenever we demand.

There is also a platform for us to laugh and ridicule the peasants who sit upon the cold, dingy plastic seats surrounding our magnificent Section 50

And finally a secret exit which separates us from the other lowlife spectators, leading directly to our limos with padded interior seats of course. :cb

Lancs Harp
02-04-2018, 10:22 PM

We each have our own personal butler who deliver us fresh shrimp cocktails and champagne whenever we demand.

There is also a platform for us to laugh and ridicule the peasants who sit upon the cold, dingy plastic seats surrounding our magnificent Section 50

And finally a secret exit which separates us from the other lowlife spectators, leading directly to our limos with padded interior seats of course. :cb

What no Bovril?

Bostonhibby
02-04-2018, 10:24 PM

And finally a secret exit which separates us from the other lowlife spectators, leading directly to our limos with padded interior seats of course. :cbSo you're the guys that are constantly after the club to build the helipad?

Maybe that's what they want the space for[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Mibbes Aye
02-04-2018, 10:32 PM

:greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
02-04-2018, 10:32 PM

That’s the smart arse way of saying ‘yes’

Mibbes Aye
02-04-2018, 10:35 PM

But putting all that aside, have these folk had STs at normal prices but got better seats for the last few years?

Monts
02-04-2018, 10:35 PM
But putting all that aside, have these folk had STs at normal prices but got better seats for the last few years?

Yea

Danderhall Hibs
02-04-2018, 10:37 PM

Yes but I don’t think they have a private exit. Although they probably should if it was initially intended for hospitality.

Mibbes Aye
02-04-2018, 10:40 PM
Yes but I don’t think they have a private exit. Although they probably should if it was initially intended for hospitality.

guthrie01
02-04-2018, 10:46 PM
That’s the smart arse way of saying ‘yes’

Deary me, seems some people are a little touchy about where others sit

MagicSwirlingShip
02-04-2018, 10:52 PM

I wonder if it’s safe standing the club are planning?

Itsnoteasy
02-04-2018, 11:52 PM

Ta.

At least you have been given over a season to think about it (but still not acceptable).
I went through the exact same scenario with my dad last season, existing seating that was left was poor & had to wait until June to see if any decent seats were released.
Below is letter I sent to LD.

For The Attention Of Leanne Dempster

I am contacting you on behalf of my 79 year old father. He has supported Hibs since 1945 and has always been a season ticket holder and purchases his ticket on the first day that they become available. His current season ticket is for the FF Upper and has been held since that stand was built. My father has a lift pass for this stand and would not be able to access his seat without this facility. He also attends every away game on the supporters bus. There may be other activities that he does not attend due to his age and frailty, however he always attends every Hibs game whether home or away.

From next season fans are no longer allowed to make use of this lift and the only options available are to move to an alternative seat in the stadium. My concerns regarding this prospect are that elderly people are resistant to change as it is unsettling for them and over the years my father has built up a rapport with the fans around him. Occasionally he attends the games alone and the familiarity of his existing seat and surrounding fans are therefore essential as elderly people are less confidant socially and physically as they grow older.

I would imagine that any spare seats that exist elsewhere in the stadium will be the less desirable ones. I therefore feel this grossly unfair and a discrimination against individuals with a disability as they are left with no option but to move seats because they are unable to access their existing seat without the aid of a lift. This will also apply to the individuals in wheelchairs. Although these people may be in the minority, this does not give justification for your decision making process; that did not involve fan consultation. Ultimately individuals like my father are being left with no option, other than relocation to a seat that they have limited choice in.

I fail to see the fairness and equality in this process. I look forward to your urgent response on this matter.

Thank you.

Itsnoteasy
02-04-2018, 11:55 PM
At least you have been given over a season to think about it (but still not acceptable).
I went through the exact same scenario with my dad last season, existing seating that was left was poor & had to wait until June to see if any decent seats were released.
Below is letter I sent to LD.

For The Attention Of Leanne Dempster

I am contacting you on behalf of my 79 year old father. He has supported Hibs since 1945 and has always been a season ticket holder and purchases his ticket on the first day that they become available. His current season ticket is for the FF Upper and has been held since that stand was built. My father has a lift pass for this stand and would not be able to access his seat without this facility. He also attends every away game on the supporters bus. There may be other activities that he does not attend due to his age and frailty, however he always attends every Hibs game whether home or away.

From next season fans are no longer allowed to make use of this lift and the only options available are to move to an alternative seat in the stadium. My concerns regarding this prospect are that elderly people are resistant to change as it is unsettling for them and over the years my father has built up a rapport with the fans around him. Occasionally he attends the games alone and the familiarity of his existing seat and surrounding fans are therefore essential as elderly people are less confidant socially and physically as they grow older.

I would imagine that any spare seats that exist elsewhere in the stadium will be the less desirable ones. I therefore feel this grossly unfair and a discrimination against individuals with a disability as they are left with no option but to move seats because they are unable to access their existing seat without the aid of a lift. This will also apply to the individuals in wheelchairs. Although these people may be in the minority, this does not give justification for your decision making process; that did not involve fan consultation. Ultimately individuals like my father are being left with no option, other than relocation to a seat that they have limited choice in.

I fail to see the fairness and equality in this process. I look forward to your urgent response on this matter.

Thank you.

Here was her reply.

Thanks for your email and your

In regards to the accessible / disabled seats and the points you make below, I can understand your view but I am sorry but I do not agree with it or the suggestion that we are discriminating. There is so much more work going on with our accessible and disabled supporters, including widening of access, than you might think. We work very positively with the Hibernian Disabled Supporters Association including on issues of match experience, pricing, stadium improvements amongst many other items. We meet monthly at the stadium and this work has proven to be really worthwhile when we are thinking about stadium use, match day and services. We’ve just completed a Disability Access Appraisal with an external resource which we did proactively.

We did this so we would have more information about the stadium and covers elements such as planning for facilities for supporters who are blind or perhaps partially sighted, making sure that kiosk services are accessible to all with no barrier to service, changes in signage, considering the viability of a hearing loop and when this could be achieved, placing additional stewards in key support roles, policing and stewarding parking areas used and we have just purchased, installed and trained staff on Evac Chairs for internal areas where they are needed. Finally and for the first time on Saturday we were truly able to support our blind or partially sighted supporters with a full match commentary, bespoke to their needs via a new Bluetooth headset system with appropriate bespoke commentary. These are not the actions of a club that do not value their Disabled supporters.

Please don’t think that the closing of a lift which is over 20 years old suggest this. There are a number of other areas in the stadium which are accessible to all supporters, I understand that your dad may want to stay in his current seat but we can’t make that happen for the foreseeable future. There may be a solution that works in the months to come but I can’t guarantee it, what I can guarantee is that we will work with you and your dad to do our best to find him a solution that works for him. I am personally handling these discussions and moves for those supporters who have a lift pass so please respond directly to me. For information I am away from the club until Thursday afternoon but I am picking up email and will be able to respond. It would also be helpful to have his reference number of seat number if he does indeed decide to move.

With warm regards

Leeann

My_Wife_Camille
03-04-2018, 12:09 AM
Here was her reply.

Thanks for your email and your

In regards to the accessible / disabled seats and the points you make below, I can understand your view but I am sorry but I do not agree with it or the suggestion that we are discriminating. There is so much more work going on with our accessible and disabled supporters, including widening of access, than you might think. We work very positively with the Hibernian Disabled Supporters Association including on issues of match experience, pricing, stadium improvements amongst many other items. We meet monthly at the stadium and this work has proven to be really worthwhile when we are thinking about stadium use, match day and services. We’ve just completed a Disability Access Appraisal with an external resource which we did proactively.

We did this so we would have more information about the stadium and covers elements such as planning for facilities for supporters who are blind or perhaps partially sighted, making sure that kiosk services are accessible to all with no barrier to service, changes in signage, considering the viability of a hearing loop and when this could be achieved, placing additional stewards in key support roles, policing and stewarding parking areas used and we have just purchased, installed and trained staff on Evac Chairs for internal areas where they are needed. Finally and for the first time on Saturday we were truly able to support our blind or partially sighted supporters with a full match commentary, bespoke to their needs via a new Bluetooth headset system with appropriate bespoke commentary. These are not the actions of a club that do not value their Disabled supporters.

Please don’t think that the closing of a lift which is over 20 years old suggest this. There are a number of other areas in the stadium which are accessible to all supporters, I understand that your dad may want to stay in his current seat but we can’t make that happen for the foreseeable future. There may be a solution that works in the months to come but I can’t guarantee it, what I can guarantee is that we will work with you and your dad to do our best to find him a solution that works for him. I am personally handling these discussions and moves for those supporters who have a lift pass so please respond directly to me. For information I am away from the club until Thursday afternoon but I am picking up email and will be able to respond. It would also be helpful to have his reference number of seat number if he does indeed decide to move.

With warm regards

Leeann
Excellent reply from Leeann:top marks

Eaststandee
03-04-2018, 02:31 AM
Dempster isn't going to be moving your seats for ****s and giggles, it'll be for her on going progression of the club we all support, and if she needs me and the 4 other season ticket holders (same seats 5 years) to move for that then so be it, as long as I get to watch Hibs I'm not bothered. People saying they wont be renewing their season ticket is farcical. IMO of course. :coffee:

Beefster
03-04-2018, 06:42 AM
Anyone?

I’ve got the same information as you but my guess would be that the OP was intended to make contact with lots of people in the same position and wasn’t for advertising the situation to the rest of us. If that group then contact the club, it’s sweet **** all to do with the rest of us.

Why do you think they should be making their case in public?

Stuart93
03-04-2018, 07:22 AM
Fantastic response from leeann yet again

JDHibs
03-04-2018, 07:40 AM
Yet again Leeann comes up with a great reply.

She wont be doing this for the banter, there will be a very good reason for it and if its for the good of the team, why would you put up this pathetic protest?

I would move anywhere in the stadium if it meant the club was making more money, which in turns means what we see week in and week out is better.

The club are now in a position where need they need to maximize this upturn since the cup run and promotion, why would anyone put up a fight is beyond me.

Should be grateful that Hibs sold you these seats at the same price as everywhere else as they werent required to do it, should also be happy that they are consulting you first and asking you to move, as once again, they arent required to do it and could just shut that section.

hibbyfraelibby
03-04-2018, 08:42 AM
Ok find out how much the hospitality package that will go with the seats is going to cost for the seadon and pay the new rate. Sorted

Also if these are going for hospitality as everyone is assuming I wonder what that means for the recently reopened BTG?

hibbyfraelibby
03-04-2018, 08:42 AM
Ok find out how much the hospitality package that will go with the seats is going to cost for the seadon and pay the new rate. Sorted

Also if these are going for hospitality as everyone is assuming I wonder what tgat means for the recently reopened BTG?

hibbyfraelibby
03-04-2018, 08:55 AM

You can quite clearly see the goal line from all the seats in the end rows of all the stands at Easter Road. Our only slightly restricted view ones are in the West where the railing at the doorway / exits can block part of the view of the pitch but you sre able to see the goals.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2018, 10:40 AM
You can quite clearly see the goal line from all the seats in the end rows of all the stands at Easter Road. Our only slightly restricted view ones are in the West where the railing at the doorway / exits can block part of the view of the pitch but you sre able to see the goals.

I know what you can see,but you are actually behind the goal line.

hibbyfraelibby
03-04-2018, 11:30 AM
I know what you can see,but you are actually behind the goal line.

...and so is everybody in the FF and South stands. God help us if Petrie ever fills in the corners then😆

Swedish hibee
03-04-2018, 11:58 AM
Charge them more money, I agree with all who suggested this. If they want the better seat with extra legroom on a plane, you gotta pay a premium and so they should! And if they don't want to, then that's their choice so they can't blame anyone. Simple really.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2018, 12:39 PM
...and so is everybody in the FF and South stands. God help us if Petrie ever fills in the corners then😆

Yes very good. However paying for a seat in the side stand and having that view is awful.

CentreLine
03-04-2018, 12:51 PM
Yes very good. However paying for a seat in the side stand and having that view is awful.

Less desirable maybe but awful? You don't think that's taking it too far? I would argue there is no such thing as an awful view at ER. Just ask the people sat behind a control room at Tynecastle.

I imagine that the occupants of these rather good seats in the FF have had to pinch themselves at their good fortune for four or five years. If they are being realistic, they will have known it would come to an end one day.

hibsbollah
03-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Less desirable maybe but awful? You don't think that's taking it too far? I would argue there is no such thing as an awful view at ER. Just ask the people sat behind a control room at Tynecastle.

I imagine that the occupants of these rather good seats in the FF have had to pinch themselves at their good fortune for four or five years. If they are being realistic, they will have known it would come to an end one day.

:agree: It isn't a fundamental human right to always have the same seat.

SChibs
03-04-2018, 01:02 PM
Let's be serious the club haven't just done this as a spur of the moment decision. It's obviously been thought through and looked into and decided that it is best for the club to go forward with this.

Time will tell if it is successful but I doubt the club would take the decision to inconvience supporters lightly

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 01:02 PM
How did the people in them manage to get they seats in the first place? Imo it should be seen as privileged to be sitting in the comfy seats with no extra charge so I don't see why they shouldn't accept moving to benefit the club.

kennedy
03-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Dempster isn't going to be moving your seats for ****s and giggles, it'll be for her on going progression of the club we all support, and if she needs me and the 4 other season ticket holders (same seats 5 years) to move for that then so be it, as long as I get to watch Hibs I'm not bothered. People saying they wont be renewing their season ticket is farcical. IMO of course. :coffee:

OK for arguments sake it was decided by health and safety that on the east terracing section 41 (half way line) that rows S and T had to be taken away to make a pathway between 39 and 42 purely for safety reasons as there is a big gap from top to bottom in the case of an emergency, would they season ticket holders be annoyed ?? course they would be. Only an example not in the know, well maybe I am, so plan where you guys are going to sit season after next, suggest the ends of the east terracing because that will be the only available space.

DaveF
03-04-2018, 01:32 PM
How did the people in them manage to get they seats in the first place? Imo it should be seen as privileged to be sitting in the comfy seats with no extra charge so I don't see why they shouldn't accept moving to benefit the club.

Probably because they were available on the ST plan like every other one?

Not jumping into his on either side as I've no idea where the club propose to move those fans. Hopefully it's all worked out to everyones satisfaction.

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Probably because they were available on the ST plan like every other one?

Not jumping into his on either side as I've no idea where the club propose to move those fans. Hopefully it's all worked out to everyones satisfaction.

True, I've never looked to see if advertised personally so I can't argue. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2018, 01:35 PM
:agree: It isn't a fundamental human right to always have the same seat.

Unless I've missed it, no one has said it is?

Of course they are going to be a tad put out if they can't find seats that they consider to be decent though, as would most people.

I agree they have to move and the club are doing the best they can but I can understand their frustration.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2018, 01:36 PM

No I don't, seats 1&2 are awful, you couldn't pay me to watch from them.

Clerie Green
03-04-2018, 01:40 PM
My seats are Barry , this is fun !
:na na:

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2018, 01:44 PM
My seats are Barry , this is fun !
:na na:

So are mine 😁

hibbyfraelibby
03-04-2018, 01:48 PM

Drama queen

hibsbollah
03-04-2018, 01:49 PM
I agree they have to move

Good, I agree.

Clerie Green
03-04-2018, 01:53 PM
So are mine 😁
A man in the pub told me that my seats are barryer than yours !

:aok:

CentreLine
03-04-2018, 01:59 PM

In which section? Not doubting you but maybe need to check it out myself. In the mean time, seems to me there are a number of good seats available in the FF but if there are 250 people looking for seats right now it may be prudent for those affected to get one of those sooner rather than later.

Eaststandee
03-04-2018, 02:02 PM
OK for arguments sake it was decided by health and safety that on the east terracing section 41 (half way line) that rows S and T had to be taken away to make a pathway between 39 and 42 purely for safety reasons as there is a big gap from top to bottom in the case of an emergency, would they season ticket holders be annoyed ?? course they would be. Only an example not in the know, well maybe I am, so plan where you guys are going to sit season after next, suggest the ends of the east terracing because that will be the only available space.

I'm sure a few would be disgruntled, but me personally I would not. I understand the frustration of having to move don't get me wrong, but it's just that in my opinion. Absolutely no reason to stop buying a season ticket or trying to get a group together to try and halt stadium improvements.

Does other people having to move make you feel better?

Keith_M
03-04-2018, 02:06 PM

Have to agree with that, though I'd extend it a bit further than just 1 and 2.

I think the club should assist the current ST holders in Section 50 by helping them to find seats with a decent view, either in FF Upper or in reasonably good seats in the East or West.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2018, 03:34 PM
Drama queen

Okay sweetness whatever you say xx

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2018, 03:36 PM
A man in the pub told me that my seats are barryer than yours !

:aok:

Man speaks with forked tongue.

mcfly
03-04-2018, 03:56 PM

These are the same fans that had to watch the dross before Stubbs and Lennon in the better seats though.

You could argue it was more of a punishment as there was less of a restricted view

mcfly
03-04-2018, 03:56 PM
Charge them more money, I agree with all who suggested this. If they want the better seat with extra legroom on a plane, you gotta pay a premium and so they should! And if they don't want to, then that's their choice so they can't blame anyone. Simple really.

Extra legroom ?? Who started this myth?

mcfly
03-04-2018, 03:59 PM

It’s only benefitting the club if these seats are full every game!!!

Moving 2-300 fans some elderly risks them
Not going st all and may end up costing money

Peanut Shaz
03-04-2018, 04:42 PM
Haven't read the whole thread so apologies in advance if this point has been clarified. Is it confirmed the move is for hospitality of are people just assuming this?

Gerard
03-04-2018, 05:02 PM
I sit in s50 and have done for about 5 years. The issue as I understand it is that these seats are not being sold at the price that the club believes that they are valued at. They are legacy seats that were used for CH when CH was in the FF stand. IMO the seats are being sold at a very good price to the fans. They do not come with CH now. If the club was to add another hundred pound that would still be a fair price IMO.

Just Alf
03-04-2018, 05:18 PM
This thread has some weird arguments going on.

It is so, so simple.

The club seem to be saying that there's new plans for certain seats in the next season or so, so it's advisable for those in the seats right now to start thinking now about moving to a new location.

Any season ticket holder in any part of the stadium would have an issue with that if they couldn't find similar quality seats elsewhere for their wee group (and I don't mean nice, soft and roomy!) .

The question now is how are Hibs going to facilitate the impacted fans getting seats with a similar quality view elsewhere in the stadium?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

kennedy
08-08-2018, 07:33 AM
I sit in s50 and have done for about 5 years. The issue as I understand it is that these seats are not being sold at the price that the club believes that they are valued at. They are legacy seats that were used for CH when CH was in the FF stand. IMO the seats are being sold at a very good price to the fans. They do not come with CH now. If the club was to add another hundred pound that would still be a fair price IMO.

This topic seems to have died a bit, looking at the prices for this Thursdays game v Molde our seats in section 50 are classed as executive seats for purchasing with an adult price of £32.00 compared to £23.00 for the rest of the FF upper. Maybe an indication as to what may happen next season. A price hike now looks very likely if we want to keep sitting where we are.

This way the club gets out of forcing season ticketholders to move, as they might do it themselves, if the increase is on the high side

Green_one
08-08-2018, 07:59 AM
This topic seems to have died a bit, looking at the prices for this Thursdays game v Molde our seats in section 50 are classed as executive seats for purchasing with an adult price of £32.00 compared to £23.00 for the rest of the FF upper. Maybe an indication as to what may happen next season. A price hike now looks very likely if we want to keep sitting where we are.

This way the club gets out of forcing season ticketholders to move, as they might do it themselves, if the increase is on the high side

Seems fair. I do though think the club can move fans as it requires for commercial or H&S reasons. Many of us sit in seats that are not ideal particularly the PATG folk. My own seat was not a first choice and it has no added features. Maybe you guys could crowd fund me to the posh seats. :greengrin

Not clear why they want the seats, so it’s difficult to have a hard opinion. ST seating has issues at all clubs

madhibee_again
08-08-2018, 08:07 AM

When I spoke to the TO in the summer regarding moving seats (not from S50) that was definitely the way they believed it was going. At that stage however they hadn't been informed what the final plan was going to be - which they were finding frustrating. I explicitly asked if they were considering using the section for hospitality, at that stage this wasn't the intention.

penihibs
08-08-2018, 08:32 AM
Seems fair. I do though think the club can move fans as it requires for commercial or H&S reasons. Many of us sit in seats that are not ideal particularly the PATG folk. My own seat was not a first choice and it has no added features. Maybe you guys could crowd fund me to the posh seats. :greengrin

Not clear why they want the seats, so it’s difficult to have a hard opinion. ST seating has issues at all clubs
Posh seats my arse!arrived at my seat for Motherwell game in sec 50 to find seat covered in hard packed seagull s##t had to try and clean seat myself,waste of time they needed jet washed,so obviously nobody checks them,rant over! I want a reduction in price now.
Sort it Rod!!!

08-08-2018, 08:33 AM
Going over old ground here. There are 8 of us and finding 8 together in another area will be difficult. One solution would be to increase the st price for that area although I know others may not agree.

kennedy
08-08-2018, 08:41 AM
that is why I have brought it up again, an increase in the season ticket price for next season onwards I think is now expected. Our party of 11 will be quite happy to pay a bit more...… but how much more will the club increase it by ???

kennyh
08-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Not clear why they want the seats, so it’s difficult to have a hard opinion. ST seating has issues at all clubs[/QUOTE]

My guess is they realise they are premium seats and the club now sell similar seats in the West for about a tenner more than regular seats so with 200ish seats in that block that's a decent increase in revenue over the season.

grammyb111
08-08-2018, 09:25 AM
One way the club could give those forced to move a decent shot at a good seat is to move holders in the East sections 39-43 along rows to make any empty seats at the end of each row. Our seats are amongst those and I can't see anyone having an issue with moving a couple seats along, particularly as they'll end up next to the same people they are already next to. It'll be quite a big effort but a seating 'consolidation' would end up freeing up a good number of seats together and most likely encourage new holders who couldn't previously get a ST next to someone they want to sit with. Now, who's volunteering to take that on...

Since90+2
08-08-2018, 09:32 AM
One way the club could give those forced to move a decent shot at a good seat is to move holders in the East sections 39-43 along rows to make any empty seats at the end of each row. Our seats are amongst those and I can't see anyone having an issue with moving a couple seats along, particularly as they'll end up next to the same people they are already next to. It'll be quite a big effort but a seating 'consolidation' would end up freeing up a good number of seats together and most likely encourage new holders who couldn't previously get a ST next to someone they want to sit with. Now, who's volunteering to take that on...

That would be an administrative nightmare and would likely annoy more people than it's worth. I quite like my seat in 43 and don't particularly want to move to be honest and you could potentially have folk who sit near the end of a section being split across the walkway.

andybev1
08-08-2018, 09:48 AM
That would be an administrative nightmare and would likely annoy more people than it's worth. I quite like my seat in 43 and don't particularly want to move to be honest and you could potentially have folk who sit near the end of a section being split across the walkway.

Correect. Also the fact that larger than normal people like myself take the end seat as we are not squashed in which benefits the person next to us also. Would not work.

hibbymac
08-08-2018, 09:54 AM
that is why I have brought it up again, an increase in the season ticket price for next season onwards I think is now expected. Our party of 11 will be quite happy to pay a bit more...… but how much more will the club increase it by ???

:agree: That's my reckoning, possibly an increase to around £550-600, with no concessions only full adult price. I don't think they'll turn it into "hospitality seats", but hey, who knows.

I have had no "inside info", just my opinion. No doubt we will find out during the course of the season.

danhibees1875
08-08-2018, 10:00 AM
:agree: That's my reckoning, possibly an increase to around £550-600, with no concessions only full adult price. I don't think they'll turn it into "hospitality seats", but hey, who knows.

I have had no "inside info", just my opinion. No doubt we will find out during the course of the season.

Sounds about right. :agree:

If the individual game prices are roughly £23 and £32, then ST prices of £400 and £550 seems proportionate.

Stantons Angel
08-08-2018, 05:21 PM
or maybe like before the club are renting out the spce they had earmarked for the NHS deal last year, when they decomissioned the lift etc?

Dancehibs
08-08-2018, 06:04 PM
or maybe like before the club are renting out the spce they had earmarked for the NHS deal last year, when they decomissioned the lift etc?

I think the top floor of the stand is now used by NHS. As only one floor for BTG.

hibbymac
08-08-2018, 06:10 PM

:confused: thats a totally separate issue from the seats, .. is it not ?

Stantons Angel
08-08-2018, 09:12 PM
:confused: thats a totally separate issue from the seats, .. is it not ?

Maybe? i remember the uproar when they tried to shift others out the other season for NHS sharing and then the singing section coming over too.