PDA

View Full Version : Mcgeough replacement

Bob Box Fish
31-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Tin hat time here but could effe play the role that Dylan currently does?Effe is more forward thinking and quicker driving offensively although his pass completion ratio is probably not as high ?

Just a thought....

Onion
31-03-2018, 04:50 PM
No.

Elephant Stone
31-03-2018, 04:50 PM
I'm keen to see what he's like there as well, when he runs forward with pace he seems quite difficult to tackle.

Edit: not as a replacement for McGeouch but I'm still keen to see him try DM.

wookie70
31-03-2018, 04:51 PM
No for me, far too careless with the ball.

jeffers
31-03-2018, 04:52 PM
I'd like to see more of Slivka, been a very stop start season but I think he's decent and maybe an eye for a goal.

Billychaotic182
31-03-2018, 04:58 PM
If he bulks up in the summer then Fraser Murray could be the answer. Always impressed when he’s played

bigwheel
31-03-2018, 05:04 PM
I'm hoping we don't need a replacement [emoji120]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leith Green
31-03-2018, 05:11 PM
I think we saw today that its absolutely vital we replace Mcginn with someone with real drive and presence. Mcgeough is an excellent footballer who we would miss , Mcginn is the heart beat of the team for me though and its vital we bring in real quality to replace him.

Captain Trips
31-03-2018, 05:32 PM
No for me, far too careless with the ball.

He is careless this role would mean he would be careless with defenders behind him.

Aldo
31-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Stevie Mallan to replace SJM if he goes. I am confident Dylan will sign on again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3pm
31-03-2018, 06:10 PM
Stevie Mallan to replace SJM if he goes. I am confident Dylan will sign on again

Glad someone is!!!

weecounty hibby
31-03-2018, 06:13 PM

Fingers crossed on Dylan, and if SJM does go then Mallan would be a great replacement I think

Aldo
31-03-2018, 06:16 PM
Glad someone is!!!

Have to be.

Dylan is playing regularly and is playing well. Best manager in the league and a good feel factor at club.

Mon Dylan get signing

theonlywayisup
31-03-2018, 08:05 PM
Have to be.

Dylan is playing regularly and is playing well. Best manager in the league and a good feel factor at club.

Mon Dylan get signing

Let me think!!

Dylan, you can earn £3.5k per week at Hibs if you sign for two extra years, or you can sign for £12k per week for four years of you sign for an English Championship team.

Which one would you to for?

Aldo
31-03-2018, 08:07 PM
Let me think!!

Dylan, you can earn £3.5k per week at Hibs if you sign for two extra years, or you can sign for £12k per week for four years of you sign for an English Championship team.

He’s already said money isn’t a factor.

I agree what your saying though!

Still think he’ll sign on

theonlywayisup
31-03-2018, 08:14 PM
He’s already said money isn’t a factor.

I agree what your saying though!

Still think he’ll sign on

I really hope you are right

Aldo
31-03-2018, 08:14 PM
I really hope you are right

So do I!

pacoluna
31-03-2018, 08:17 PM
Tin hat time here but could effe play the role that Dylan currently does?Effe is more forward thinking and quicker driving offensively although his pass completion ratio is probably not as high ?

Just a thought....

Just as much chance as effe leaving imo, has been excellent this season and a contender for player of the season for me all be it he has a couple of dodgy performances but overall he is one of the tidiest and most comfortable players on the ball in our team. Certainly was my mom today.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Let me think!!

Are there any rumours going round about a move to the Championship? I have only seen and heard the persistent stuff about him moving to Aberdeen.

WhileTheChief..
31-03-2018, 08:55 PM
If he was going to stay then why not sign now?

Feels like he’s waiting to see if he can get a better offer elsewhere and will only stay if nothing better comes along.

Seems likely that he’ll just see out his contract and disappear.

theonlywayisup
31-03-2018, 08:57 PM
are there any rumours going round about a move to the championship? I have only seen and heard the persistent stuff about him moving to aberdeen.

he is not going to aberdeen

heretoday
31-03-2018, 09:03 PM
Let me think!!

England.

Sauzee16
31-03-2018, 09:06 PM
Tom Brady if he fancies a stint in Scotland.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2018, 09:08 PM

Who

Eyrie
31-03-2018, 09:31 PM

He's a sore loser :na na:

Actually, the QB comparison is valid, as McGeouch sits deep and moves the ball for us.

J-C
01-04-2018, 07:22 AM
Anyone else getting bored waiting to see if he signs or not. If money isn't his problem then why keep us waiting. I'm pretty sure Hibs will have offered him very good terms, so why prolong the decision?

SirDavidsNapper
01-04-2018, 07:26 AM
Anyone else getting bored waiting to see if he signs or not. If money isn't his problem then why keep us waiting. I'm pretty sure Hibs will have offered him very good terms, so why prolong the decision?

It's his right i suppose but got to admit its irking me a bit. We should be planning in advance for next season and Dylan stalling won't be helping.

staunchhibby
01-04-2018, 07:33 AM
Would be nice to know one way or another what his plans are.Its all very quiet.

Libby Hibby
01-04-2018, 07:39 AM
I think it’s quiet more to do with Hibs not wanting to force the issue. He’s maybe asked for time to weigh up all options and also see where we finish up in the league to decide. Hibs are maybe respecting his wishes, especially if there is a chance to re sign him if they are patient.

There will come a point in time where a decision will need to be made.

In my experience with these cat and mouse situations, the player usually moves on.

SirDavidsNapper
01-04-2018, 07:42 AM
I think it’s quiet more to do with Hibs not wanting to force the issue. He’s maybe asked for time to weigh up all options and also see where we finish up in the league to decide. Hibs are maybe respecting his wishes, especially if there is a chance to re sign him if they are patient.

There will come a point in time where a decision will need to be made.

In my experience with these cat and mouse situations, the player usually moves on.

Think so too. Surely if he was keen to re-sign he would have by now

Jones28
01-04-2018, 07:43 AM
I'm edging towards not playing him and giving Scott Martin a chance post split.

I love Dylan and think he's a tremendous player but if he doesn't sign a new deal now then when will he?

WestStandWillie
01-04-2018, 08:00 AM
I’d take that Mulumbu fae Killie. An absolute unit but skilled wae the ball.

B.H.F.C
01-04-2018, 08:02 AM

I love Dylan and think he's a tremendous player but if he doesn't sign a new deal now then when will he?

We can’t play Scott Martin.

And whilst Dylan is still our player it would be madness not to play him.

JimBHibees
01-04-2018, 08:08 AM
We just need to be patient he is well within his rights to wait and see what his options are. As are Hibs to then be sounding out possible replacement options. Think he will stay but who knows.

Greenbeard
01-04-2018, 08:47 AM
Agree. Had his chance. He's made me eat some humble pie this season but TBH over his time I've thought him a tad over-rated with too many non-effective sideways or backwards for my liking and a few goals attributed to him not tracking back. Must be others who can fill his wee boots.
Boom.

Greenbeard
01-04-2018, 08:51 AM
He is careless this role would mean he would be careless with defenders behind him.
Agree great when he gets a bit of space to breenge forward from deep but would be worried he's too much of a lumberer for midfield and would get done on the turn.

Ozyhibby
01-04-2018, 09:55 AM
Anyone who thinks we are not lucky to have a fit Dylan McGeogh is off their head.
IMO we have not always got the best out of him for two reasons.
1. His much discussed fitness issues. Hopefully now sorted.
2. Playing him alongside Fyvie or Bartley. McGeogh is a QB style holding midfielder. He is very good at it but when Fyvie or Bartley play there then he is pushed into areas he is less comfortable in or worse, out wide as Stubbs would do. It’s only with the arrival of Allan that he has been allowed to sit back there with McGinn and Allan in front.
If he stays fit and signs, hopefully that’s how we use him in future.
And Scott Martin will likely be away next season.

duffers
01-04-2018, 10:08 AM
Dylan’s not signing a new deal unfortunately

hfc rd
01-04-2018, 11:52 AM
I hope he does sign. He’s obviously not wanting to rush into signing a new deal with us and I don’t blame him as he’s got to do what’s best for him and his family.

As I said, I really want him to stay as he’s a terrific footballer and an important player in our team. However if he was to move on, I’d wish him all the best and hope he goes on and has a great career. The guy’s a legend.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2018, 11:53 AM

Source

SirDavidsNapper
01-04-2018, 11:54 AM

Going to Hearts 😉

jeffers
01-04-2018, 12:10 PM
Agree. Had his chance. He's made me eat some humble pie this season but TBH over his time I've thought him a tad over-rated with too many non-effective sideways or backwards for my liking and a few goals attributed to him not tracking back. Must be others who can fill his wee boots.
Boom.
We are in a very small minority but I agree with every word. I expected him to step up yesterday in SJM’s absence and take more responsibility for driving the team forward but at times he was so deep yesterday it looked as if we were playing with 4 central defenders. I thought he was poor to average yesterday but come on here and read comments about him starting to dictate play and begin to wonder if I was at a different game or watching a different player. What I find most frustrating about him is he definitely does have ability and all imo of course would be far more effective (and was in both home games against Hearts) if he’d play further up the field.

Libby Hibby
01-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Camara from Dundee would be more than an ample replacement

Betty Boop
01-04-2018, 12:18 PM
Are there any rumours going round about a move to the Championship? I have only seen and heard the persistent stuff about him moving to Aberdeen.

According to Keechback Levein has made an offer to McGeough :greengrin

Juice-Terry
01-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Maybe Hibs and Dylan can't agree on the length of the contract? Maybe Hibs are offering two years and Dylan is looking for three(+) - or something like that?

Fisherrow Harp
01-04-2018, 12:29 PM
Who

Aaron Rodgers, already plays in the green 😂

AlbertK86
01-04-2018, 12:29 PM
According to Keechback Levein has made an offer to McGeough :greengrin

Just as well it’s not McGeouch [emoji16][emoji16][emoji23]

3pm
01-04-2018, 01:17 PM

👍🏻

inglisavhibs
01-04-2018, 05:04 PM

Even Dylan doesn't know that yet. All we know at the moment is that if he stays in Scotland it will be with Hibs.

WoreTheGreen
01-04-2018, 05:16 PM
Agree great when he gets a bit of space to breenge forward from deep but would be worried he's too much of a lumberer for midfield and would get done on the turn.

Breenge i love that word not used enough

Hi Heid Yin
01-04-2018, 05:36 PM
I'd like to see more of Slivka, been a very stop start season but I think he's decent and maybe an eye for a goal.

I would like to be proved wrong, but I think we have seen the best of Slivka.
I agree it has been start-stop season for him, but he has not really excelled or done enough in most of the games in which he has played to warrant a regular start.

Borderhibbie76
01-04-2018, 06:16 PM
I agree it has been start-stop season for him, but he has not really excelled or done enough in most of the games in which he has played to warrant a regular start.That's extremely harsh imo considering he's barely had a chance and the odd game he has played most of them have been out of position the right

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jeffers
01-04-2018, 07:10 PM
I agree it has been start-stop season for him, but he has not really excelled or done enough in most of the games in which he has played to warrant a regular start.

I don't think he's had a decent run of games to find his feet. I've seen glimpses of him to make me think he's a decent player.

Billychaotic182
01-04-2018, 07:15 PM

Christ no!!!! Don’t want our balls deflated

Ozyhibby
01-04-2018, 07:15 PM
It’s up to Slivka to force his way into the team. He can’t just wait his turn. He has looked a tidy player but not a game changer so far. Still young though so he’ll get another season.

Hi Heid Yin
01-04-2018, 09:04 PM
That's extremely harsh imo considering he's barely had a chance and the odd game he has played most of them have been out of position the right

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I only comment on what I see. I concede that Slivka has had the odd good performance but in other games he has completely disappeared.
I appreciate that a player must get a regular run in the side in order to show what he can do, as well as gel with his team mates. Slivka did have a run of games and the performances were mixed to say the least. Like I say, I'd love to be proved wrong.

Hi Heid Yin
01-04-2018, 09:08 PM
I don't think he's had a decent run of games to find his feet. I've seen glimpses of him to make me think he's a decent player.

Fair comments, and I agree up to a point, but for me Slivka disappears too often during the games he has been involved in to win me over.
Like I've said, I'd love to be proved wrong.
Please bear in mind that I was also once Stevensons worst critic and am now one of his most passionate admirers.

monktonharp
01-04-2018, 10:03 PM
Let me think!!

Which one would you to for?exactly! and Mallan, what is he earning these days? I would love to see us grabbing the Killie midfielder Makulumba/ if that is the correct spelling? but again, as the Killie manager has stated he is only putting himself in the shop window to get himself back down to ENGLANDSHIRE. great replacement for SJM In my opinion though

allezsauzee
02-04-2018, 02:44 PM
I'd take Fraser Fyvie back as a replacement.

Heisenberg
02-04-2018, 02:49 PM

Why? He’s been injured nearly all season and isn’t anywhere near as good as Dylan in the role he plays.

bingo70
02-04-2018, 02:50 PM

I agree.

Not as consistent as Mcgeouch but a good player imo. Dundee utd’s form seemed to nose dive as soon as he got injured.

I was amazed hearts never went for Fyvie as imo he is exactly what they needed last summer.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2018, 02:52 PM

Just think of him a a loan player.

You wouldn't drop Allen, Kamberi or McLaren because they hadn't signed a contract for next season.

anon1875
02-04-2018, 02:56 PM
cannot tell if op is serious

hibbyfraelibby
02-04-2018, 02:58 PM

I hear John Ellway is looking for a gig😁😁😁

FilipinoHibs
04-04-2018, 05:00 AM
I agree.

Not as consistent as Mcgeouch but a good player imo. Dundee utd’s form seemed to nose dive as soon as he got injured.

I was amazed hearts never went for Fyvie as imo he is exactly what they needed last summer.

Hearing on Facebook fans page that Mcgeouch signed last night. Obviously not as reliable of the net or heard in a pub.

Slim Shady
04-04-2018, 05:36 AM

Someone will snap him up, quick as a flash.

Phil MaGlass
04-04-2018, 06:24 AM
We.could.lose a number of key players in the summer. Need to hold.on to as many as we can.

Famous Fiver
04-04-2018, 10:48 AM
Dylan's involvement in our first goal was pure class. Vision, precise weight of pass, awareness and priceless. He picked his way through a crowd of hammer throwers intent on putting him up in the air.

Whatever he wants, give him it. We can't afford to lose him.