PDA

View Full Version : UpperFF

Fuzzywuzzy
31-03-2018, 04:35 PM
What happened in the FF upper? Saw folk calling on the first aiders then heard folk saying someone had taken a tumble down the stairs.

Hope whatever happened the person's ok

DaveF
31-03-2018, 04:38 PM
Saw that they had a stretcher up there so hopefully it ended well.

What was more of a sight was the hair bear bunch up the back of the East. What was going on there :-)

hibee_girl
31-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Hope the person is ok, they seemed to be getting treatment for some time

aljo7-0
31-03-2018, 04:49 PM
Looked to be sat up n a chair when he was taken out which was encouraging

Aim Here
31-03-2018, 04:53 PM
I was about four yards away - it was some old boy who (according to a couple of guys behind me) took a heart attack.

Thankfully he was still conscious and, with the paramedic's help, was able to stand up and get helped onto the stretcher after some treatment.

Billychaotic182
31-03-2018, 04:56 PM
I was about four yards away - it was some old boy who (according to a couple of guys behind me) took a heart attack.

Thankfully he was still conscious and, with the paramedic's help, was able to stand up and get helped onto the stretcher after some treatment.

Good to here. We saw all the paramedics run past the west. Knew instantly that something awful must have happened.

Pretty Boy
31-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Guy right behind me collapsed, was conscious and sitting up when he was taken out so hopefully a positive outcome.

First Aiders took an absolute age to get there and didn't seem in much of a hurry strolling up the touchline.

MWHIBBIES
31-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Was very scary for bit, appeared to be in cardiac arrest. Time for paramedics to arrive was shocking.

Fuzzywuzzy
31-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Looked like they didn't know how they were getting up there?

Famousfivehh
31-03-2018, 05:36 PM
Was directly in front of us. Older guy appeared to have had a diabetic seizure or fit.
He was shaken but fully alert when they moved him.

Nothing but respect for those who gave assistance to him.
would have been a hard environment to work in a calm manner.

theonlywayisup
31-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Guy right behind me collapsed, was conscious and sitting up when he was taken out so hopefully a positive outcome.

First Aiders took an absolute age to get there and didn't seem in much of a hurry strolling up the touchline.

Was very scary for bit, appeared to be in cardiac arrest. Time for paramedics to arrive was shocking.

When I saw them running along the touchline, I knew something was up. IMO I feel it's a bit harsh criticising them for not running at full pelt. Considering what they were carrying and the length they were running, I thought they were doing okay. They're medics, not Olympic spring champions after all.

Hibee Mac
31-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Might be wrong but was someone giving him CPR before the paramedics arrived?

Pretty Boy
31-03-2018, 06:15 PM
Might be wrong but was someone giving him CPR before the paramedics arrived?

I think a guy started to but someone stepped in and said it wasn't neccessary and moved the guy into the recovery position.

That could be wrong though.

Sammy7nil
31-03-2018, 09:48 PM
See other thread

overdrive
31-03-2018, 10:53 PM
When I saw them running along the touchline, I knew something was up. IMO I feel it's a bit harsh criticising them for not running at full pelt. Considering what they were carrying and the length they were running, I thought they were doing okay. They're medics, not Olympic spring champions after all.

Yeah, you could see they were trying their best to get there quickly and safely.

Edit: sorry to bring this back to my pet hate, but could the farcical situation with the FF lift have had something to do with the perceived slow response?

MWHIBBIES
31-03-2018, 10:55 PM
It wasn't the running that was the problem, it took 10 minutes before they were even on their way. Message took far to long to get to them after the problem became evident.

Aim Here
31-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Yeah, you could see they were trying their best to get there quickly and safely.

Edit: sorry to bring this back to my pet hate, but could the farcical situation with the FF lift have had something to do with the perceived slow response?

It didn't take long for the paramedics to get from the touchline to the FF Upper. If there was a major delay, it was in getting their notice before that.

hibbyfraelibby
01-04-2018, 08:11 AM

No

Fuzzywuzzy
01-04-2018, 08:21 AM
The stewards should have radios?

brog
01-04-2018, 08:34 AM
It wasn't the running that was the problem, it took 10 minutes before they were even on their way. Message took far to long to get to them after the problem became evident.

Agreed, 1 steward was on his own for what seemed an eternity. Then about 10 stewards arrived & got in each other's way. Then the paramedics arrived & did a fine job. The gent was very distressed originally but was calm when they went out.

JimBHibees
01-04-2018, 08:40 AM
The stewards should have radios?

Would have thought that would be a given. How then can they communicate with each other in the same stand or other stewards in different stands if something serious is happening.

danhibees1875
01-04-2018, 09:39 AM
Would have thought that would be a given. How then can they communicate with each other in the same stand or other stewards in different stands if something serious is happening.

Normal yellow jacket steward's don't have radios. There should be supervisors in each area that do though so the steward's should be able to find them who'll contact first aid/the control room.

For those concerned, unless it's a complete coincidence, there was a gentleman in the royal infirmary after taking ill at half time who seemed to be getting better.

01-04-2018, 10:38 AM

There was about 5 of them in the FF Lower at a door leading to the Upper, they didn't seem to know whether or not they were going the right way.

Pretty Boy
01-04-2018, 10:58 AM
There was about 5 of them in the FF Lower at a door leading to the Upper, they didn't seem to know whether or not they were going the right way.

Yep I think that may have been part of the issue.

There was an incident in Section 25 of the FF upper 2 or 3 years back, which I had some involvement in, and didn't have a happy outcome. The response time that day was close to 15 minutes and I'd guess it was 10+ yesterday. In such situations in a small area like a football stadium that's not really good enough. Maybe it's an issue with procedure.

IainA
01-04-2018, 06:51 PM

I wonder if it was the same guy who almost collapsed in The Office pub before the game. He had to be helped to an empty seat quickly and was given time to rest and a glass of water.

Lancs Harp
01-04-2018, 06:59 PM
I was in the FF but couldnt really tell what was going on apart from people nearby frantically trying to get the medical people to get there as fast as they could.

I hope the guy is ok.

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 10:15 AM
Do we still use St Andrews volunteers? Is that maybe the issue, they presumably just turn up on the day and help out, so no procedure is really in place for them.

To me, first aid in the stadium should be paramount and everyone should know their roles before anyone enters the stadium.