PDA

View Full Version : Bamba or van dijk?

BILLYHIBS
31-03-2018, 08:11 AM
Neil Warnock the Cardiff City Manager has gone on record as saying that while he admits that Virgil Van DIJK is better on the ball he would rather have Sol BAMBA.

To me a raw Van DIJK at Celtic while elegant was a bit like Bambi on ice though liable to chip in with a few goals indeed I remember a cracker of a free kick he scored at Easter Road.

Sol BAMBA on the other hand to me was a reliable /dependable Centre Half signed from the Pars who could also chip in with a few goals. I feel that while he has had a relatively successful career-I remember him being capped by Ivory Coast while at Easter Road- I feel that his stint at HIBS was all too brief.

Just wondering what my fellow hibees think of Warnocks comments BAMBA or Van DIJK?

SirDavidsNapper
31-03-2018, 08:19 AM
Loved Bamba at Hibs. My Pars mate was gutted when he left them. Would obviously rather have VVD though. No contest really.

Northernhibee
31-03-2018, 08:20 AM
Bamba for me. He'd have been even better in this team.

Michael
31-03-2018, 08:20 AM
Bamba definitely had a bit of the bambi factor about him. He was best for us playing in front of the back 4.

frazeHFC
31-03-2018, 08:26 AM
Van Dijk by a mile. Liked Bamba but there's no contest for me.

Austinho
31-03-2018, 08:27 AM
We’re talking about the Virgil van Dijk that Liverpool signed for $71m?

I hope this thread is tongue in cheek!

scuttle
31-03-2018, 08:33 AM
Warnock obviously has to back his own player and is possibly trying to bump up his transfer value.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-03-2018, 08:40 AM
Bamba at defensive midfield was like all my Christmases at once.

Sauzee16
31-03-2018, 08:42 AM

He was outstanding there. Then he went to the ACN and came back demanding to play centre half as he played there for his country. Bamba strolled midfield.

SRHibs
31-03-2018, 08:43 AM
Anyone think Efe could do a job at DM? He sometimes goes on Bamba-esque strolls which fill me with nostalgia.

calumhibee1
31-03-2018, 08:44 AM

He was unbelievable in that position.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Neil Warnock the Cardiff City Manager has gone on record as saying that while he admits that Virgil Van DIJK is better on the ball he would rather have Sol BAMBA.

To me a raw Van DIJK at Celtic while elegant was a bit like Bambi on ice though liable to chip in with a few goals indeed I remember a cracker of a free kick he scored at Easter Road.

Sol BAMBA on the other hand to me was a reliable /dependable Centre Half signed from the Pars who could also chip in with a few goals. I feel that while he has had a relatively successful career-I remember him being capped by Ivory Coast while at Easter Road- I feel that his stint at HIBS was all too brief.

Just wondering what my fellow hibees think of Warnocks comments BAMBA or Van DIJK?

He's clearly talking pish if he actually said it.

Bishop Hibee
31-03-2018, 10:18 AM
Bamba isn’t as good as Ambrose let alone Van Dijk. Warnock is a slaver.

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2018, 10:20 AM

A bit early for an April fools joke.

BILLYHIBS
31-03-2018, 10:21 AM
He's clearly talking pish if he actually said it.
Daily Mail On Line today so it must be true????

Sauzee16
31-03-2018, 10:24 AM
Anyone think Efe could do a job at DM? He sometimes goes on Bamba-esque strolls which fill me with nostalgia.

Yep. If Bartley goes I wouldn’t mind Efe stepping up. There.

jakedance
31-03-2018, 10:26 AM
He was outstanding there. Then he went to the ACN and came back demanding to play centre half as he played there for his country. Bamba strolled midfield.

I always wondered why he wasn’t played in midfield more. A good centre half but looked brilliant in midfield.

nellio
31-03-2018, 10:31 AM
Sol has been a colossus for us this year. If we go up he is a massive part of it. Not sure he's better than VVD but to us he's priceless!

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-03-2018, 10:32 AM
Daily Mail On Line today so it must be true????

He is talking pish then.

nellio
31-03-2018, 10:32 AM
He was unbelievable in that position.

Has played effectively for us there too when we've had injuries etc.

lucky
31-03-2018, 10:52 AM
Bamba is doing well in the championship but is unlikely to play much for Cardiff next season in the EPL. There is no comparison between VVD and him and it’s silly to try and do so.

nellio
31-03-2018, 12:34 PM
Bamba is doing well in the championship but is unlikely to play much for Cardiff next season in the EPL. There is no comparison between VVD and him and it’s silly to try and do so.

Getting ahead of yourself there's still time for us to mess it up!!

Pretty Boy
31-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Van Dijk has played consistently in the EPL for 3 seasons now and earned a move to one of the big boys for a huge amount of money. He's also played in the Champions League. Bamba has kicked about the Scottish Premierships and Championships, the English Championship and had a stint in Turkey (I think).

It's a no brainer who the better player is really unless top managers are wilfully ignoring Bamba for other reasons. I liked Bamba at Hibs but I never thought he looked an EPL defender them and I don't think he's about to develop into one at 33 either.

Dashing Bob S
31-03-2018, 04:11 PM
Van Dijk one of the most overrated players I’ve seen. Too flouncy, will not be a fixture at Liverpool unless they want to go full pre-Klopp and model themselves on Stoke City. Big Sol any day and all day.

LancsHibs
31-03-2018, 04:41 PM
We’re talking about the Virgil van Dijk that Liverpool signed for $71m?

I hope this thread is tongue in cheek!

More fool Liverpool. More money than sense

hibsbollah
31-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Van Dijk one of the most overrated players I’ve seen. Too flouncy, will not be a fixture at Liverpool unless they want to go full pre-Klopp and model themselves on Stoke City. Big Sol any day and all day.

I watched him being totally bullied out of the game by Benteke today. His strength seems to be getting forward, attacking corners and so on. Jury still out.