Suburban Hibby
30-03-2018, 11:51 PM
Signed a pre contract with Livi- 2 year deal

Diclonius
30-03-2018, 11:59 PM
Good luck to him.

yonder1875
31-03-2018, 12:10 AM
Not seen much of him to be honest but remember being at a friendly against Birmingham and he was the best player on the park that day.

SanFranHibs
31-03-2018, 02:23 AM

Is it too early to say, I think he will be back and finish his career with us? ;)

Good luck to him.

Forza Fred
31-03-2018, 02:25 AM
I always thought he was first team material coming through, and while Lenny knows better than me, it must have been a marginal decision to let him leave.

Wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

Nameless
31-03-2018, 05:01 AM
Is this the lad we signed from Raith a few years ago?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
31-03-2018, 05:31 AM

Nope

J-C
31-03-2018, 05:32 AM

That's Sean Mackie, Crane came through our system, decent player but with ever dependable Stevenson in the team he was always going to struggle to break into the team. Good move for him and at his age needs 1st team football.

Nameless
31-03-2018, 05:37 AM
That's Sean Mackie, Crane came through our system, decent player but with ever dependable Stevenson in the team he was always going to struggle to break into the team. Good move for him and at his age needs 1st team football.Cheers.

Livingston have proved to be a good move for a fair few young players over the years - good luck to the lad.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2018, 06:58 AM

Callum’s a lovely footballer. Can play left back, centrbhalf or midfield. He’s realky bulked up of late. Been playing every week for Alloa, been getting good reviews as well.
Stubbs unfortunately didn’t give him game time to develop him

This is an excellent move for him, I’m sure he’ll do well!

danhibees1875
31-03-2018, 07:24 AM
Stevenson's form has been brilliant under Lennon, rarely injured, and his lifestyle has ensured he's a few years left of playing consistently, so Crane is probably a little unlucky in that regard that he's not had an opportunity.

I had heard positive things about Crane though and thought he would be a ready made replacement for LS when the time comes, hope it works out for him at Livi - the way they're playing just now, we'll see them next year.

hibbysam
31-03-2018, 07:34 AM
Callum’s a lovely footballer. Can play left back, centrbhalf or midfield. He’s realky bulked up of late. Been playing every week for Alloa, been getting good reviews as well.
Stubbs unfortunately didn’t give him game time to develop him

This is an excellent move for him, I’m sure he’ll do well!

Tad harsh on Stubbs. We had better at the time and it wasn’t really a period where we could risk throwing youngsters in. At no point during Stubbs reign did we have any meaningless sets of games.

Brightside
31-03-2018, 09:25 AM
I dont expect many more to come through from the current Dev team tbh. More than happy to have the 3 almost there and Ben Stirling not far off it. Thats a good return for the club.

jax67
31-03-2018, 09:33 AM
Not seen much of him to be honest but remember being at a friendly against Birmingham and he was the best player on the park that day.

I was at that game too, he was very good.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-03-2018, 09:46 AM
Maybe a step back to help him get a step forwards. Even if he turns out to be a real quality player, that is a football thing not a Hibs thing.

greenlex
31-03-2018, 09:57 AM
I reckon he’s decent but timing is everything. Lewis as an ever present curtailed his opportunities. Good luck son.

Souter96Mac
31-03-2018, 10:00 AM
He's been unfortunate with Stevenson holding down the left back position for so long, good luck to him at livi

Wheat Hound
31-03-2018, 10:01 AM
I dont expect many more to come through from the current Dev team tbh. More than happy to have the 3 almost there and Ben Stirling not far off it. Thats a good return for the club.

Think Sean Mackie will be in the 1st team squad next season along with Stirling.

Looking further than that, Callum Donaldson and Kane O'Connor (both 17 I think) will be the next ones most likely to make it in my view.

Brightside
31-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Think Sean Mackie will be in the 1st team squad next season along with Stirling.

Looking further than that, Callum Donaldson and Kane O'Connor (both 17 I think) will be the next ones most likely to make it in my view.

Kano a cert for me. If we can keep hold of him.... English clubs been after him since he was 14.

BSEJVT
31-03-2018, 07:19 PM
I was at that game too, he was very good.

Did he also not come on in a league game in the championship when we were down to very few defenders and play left centre half, maybe against Falkirk?

He did really well then also

BTW it is entirely possible this is bollocks, old age doesn't come itself!

greenlex
31-03-2018, 07:22 PM
Did he also not come on in a league game in the championship when we were down to very few defenders and play left centre half, maybe against Falkirk?

Nope nothing to do with age he had a game there.

RyeSloan
31-03-2018, 11:05 PM

Kane O’Connor....now there’s a cracking name for a Hibs player [emoji1303]

WestStandWillie
01-04-2018, 08:07 AM
Kane’s a good lad. Kent his family for years.

Earlydelivery
01-04-2018, 08:11 AM
Kane’s a good lad. Kent his family for years.
Me too m8 . Just hope sevco don’t come calling eh 😂

Nakedmanoncrack
01-04-2018, 06:16 PM
I always thought he was first team material coming through, and while Lenny knows better than me, it must have been a marginal decision to let him leave.

Likewise, always thought he was impressive for u20s, but never really had a sniff of first team, so it's not surprising if its confirmed that Lennon (who should know better than us) is letting him go.

MagicSwirlingShip
02-04-2018, 12:58 AM
Sorry to hear this, but with Lewis’s form it’s best to wish this lad well on the next stage of his career. Livingston is a good move.

Who’s the next in line at left back from our development team?

J-C
02-04-2018, 05:38 AM
Sorry to hear this, but with Lewis’s form it’s best to wish this lad well on the next stage of his career. Livingston is a good move.

Who’s the next in line at left back from our development team?

Sean Mackie the young they got from Raith a couple of seasons ago, doing well apparently.

Sir David Gray
02-04-2018, 07:51 AM

He came on v Dunfermline last season in a 2-2 draw.

pacoluna
02-04-2018, 07:00 PM
He absolutely hasn't signed a pre contract for livi, don't know where this rumour came from but it's not true.

BSEJVT
02-04-2018, 07:02 PM
He came on v Dunfermline last season in a 2-2 draw.

Thanks

Knew he had done, but couldn't remember who but remember now

ancient hibee
02-04-2018, 08:28 PM

Did we let him leave or did he decide to leave(if it’s true)?

DavidDavidGray
02-04-2018, 08:51 PM
Callum Crane has not signed a pre contract with Livingston. His brother confirmed as much on Twitter

Dashing Bob S
02-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Hopefully this will give his career a massive lift.

Hamish
28-09-2018, 03:36 PM
Apparently going to Raith Rovers on loan. Hope it works out for him

jacomo
28-09-2018, 03:48 PM
Hopefully this will give his career a massive lift.

Always thought he had the potential to reach a high level.

delbert
28-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Always thought he had the potential to reach a high level.

Watched numerous development fixtures and never thought he would develop into a first team player, fit and full of running but he didn’t seem to have much game awareness and was often caught out of position, needed to leave as he was never going to make it at Easter Road.

indiejak1413
28-09-2018, 05:48 PM
I know for a fact that Crane was promised 1st team opportunities at Livi. They wanted him to sign pre contract in January and Martindale was never of the phone. He turned down Ayr United where he could've earned more money and have guaranteed 1st team football. Promises have been broken and let's face it he's not 6ft tall so won't fit into Livi's game plan. I'm sure he'll do well at Raith and get the game time he needs .

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
28-09-2018, 08:59 PM
I know for a fact that Crane was promised 1st team opportunities at Livi. They wanted him to sign pre contract in January and Martindale was never of the phone. He turned down Ayr United where he could've earned more money and have guaranteed 1st team football. Promises have been broken and let's face it he's not 6ft tall so won't fit into Livi's game plan. I'm sure he'll do well at Raith and get the game time he needs .

So nothing to do with not being good enough?

The_Horde
28-09-2018, 09:18 PM

It's more than possible livi had planned for him to be a first teamer but they probably never expected to be promoted at that point either.

indiejak1413
28-09-2018, 09:44 PM
It's more than possible livi had planned for him to be a first teamer but they probably never expected to be promoted at that point either.To be honest I think they've signed a hell of a lot of players and are cherry picking the ones that fit into their system.

Brooster
28-09-2018, 09:50 PM

Martindale tells a lie.....wonders will never cease.

indiejak1413
28-09-2018, 10:34 PM
Martindale tells a lie.....wonders will never cease.Lol