PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel now Skippy?

O'Rourke3
30-03-2018, 02:15 PM
Martin Boyle: Hibernian winger considers representing Australia - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43597570

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
30-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Martin Boyle: Hibernian winger considers representing Australia - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43597570

Sent from my F8331 using TapatalkPhone and predictive text. Admins can title please change to Skippy?

seanshow
30-03-2018, 02:18 PM
Admins can title please change to Skippy?

Too late the damage is done :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
30-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Can we have Born Slippy as a tune for Martin ?

O'Rourke3
30-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Too late the damage is done :greengrinI know.... [emoji23]

SirDavidsNapper
30-03-2018, 02:23 PM
Slippy scoring for the Peacocks is always brilliant

Hillsidehibby
30-03-2018, 03:56 PM
Potential banana skin that one...... And we're off!

snooky
30-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Potential banana skin that one...... And we're off!

1st Furlong : He wants to stay clear of that bunch. :nanawave:

jabis
30-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Slippy the douche kangaroo !

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2018, 04:16 PM
We don't want any ball tampering at Easter Road thanks very much, bad enough we already have one of 'them' playing for us.
:rules:

Frazerbob
30-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Great, another pun thread. You can't have enough of them.

Waxy
30-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Slippy the bush Langaroo

Wilson
30-03-2018, 04:29 PM
Lets chuck another slimp on the barbie.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2018, 04:36 PM
Paedophile Dundee :offski:

CropleyWasGod
30-03-2018, 04:37 PM
Wallaby blowed.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
30-03-2018, 05:57 PM

:confused:

Speedy
30-03-2018, 08:23 PM
I hope not. He could be a real asset for Scotland.

Lago
30-03-2018, 08:25 PM
Eh?

Jim Herriot
30-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Squippy?

Ryan69
30-03-2018, 10:30 PM
Squippy?

What a boring thread...

Forza Fred
30-03-2018, 11:20 PM
Haven’t seen Boyler’s name mentioned as a possible Socceroo in any media coverage out here.

We’ll keep trying though😉

hibbydog
31-03-2018, 05:34 AM
Could this be an underhand way of trying to get Alex McLeish’s attention? After all, he’d have a much better chance of playing for Scotland and he wouldn’t need to travel to the other side of the world to do so.

Or is he not that crafty?

bigwheel
31-03-2018, 06:21 AM
Boyle certainly a pest for defenders he plays against, but his lack of end result for me reduces his impact significantly......don't see him anywhere near international level...for Scotland or Oz....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greenbeard
31-03-2018, 08:41 AM
Boyle certainly a pest for defenders he plays against, but his lack of end result for me reduces his impact significantly......don't see him anywhere near international level...for Scotland or Oz....

"Lack" of end result is a bit too harsh but catch your drift. Still a big asset to Hibs though and I guess someone defenders do not look forward to meeting.

SRHibs
31-03-2018, 08:45 AM

Agreed. I like him but he’s extremely limited. His lack of assists/goals highlights the issue with his end product.

bigwheel
31-03-2018, 08:54 AM
"Lack" of end result is a bit too harsh but catch your drift. Still a big asset to Hibs though and I guess someone defenders do not look forward to meeting.

An ex pro pointed out his lack of assists and goals...since then I’ve taken more notice - lots of great work, but lacks end product I agree though , defenders will not like
Playing against him...but if he wants to progress, he needs to add assists and goals

neil7908
31-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Agreed. I like him but he’s extremely limited. His lack of assists/goals highlights the issue with his end product.

I think he's really come on this year and who knows, if he keeps improving I could see him becoming an international quality player as his pace will always frighten defenders.

But he's still a bit away from that yet.

Being selfish I'm not keen on him representing Australia as it'll mean more travel, chances of injury and a higher profile for him. But I can totally see as a player why he'd be interested and Australia is a cracking place.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-03-2018, 09:18 AM
If he has a chance to play international football and could get to a World Cup then he has to take it. IMO he is twice the player now since we signed him from Dundee. If he put away all the chances that fall to him I doubt that he would be playing with us.

superfurryhibby
31-03-2018, 09:31 AM

Extremely limited? He's light years away from the dross we've had that I would pin that label on. He's an asset to Hibs and shows that good coaching can improve a player no end.

SRHibs
31-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Extremely limited? He's light years away from the dross we've had that I would pin that label on. He's an asset to Hibs and shows that good coaching can improve a player no end.

I would say that he is. He has very obviously strengths, conversely he has very obvious weaknesses which do not seem to be improving. He’s an exciting player when he’s on it though, of that there is no doubt.

superfurryhibby
31-03-2018, 04:46 PM
I would say that he is. He has very obviously strengths, conversely he has very obvious weaknesses which do not seem to be improving. He’s an exciting player when he’s on it though, of that there is no doubt.

Care to eat your words?

Well done to Boyle, he didn't have a great game but he had a tremendous impact when we needed him.

hibsbollah
31-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Levein could be squitty? :dunno:

bigwheel
31-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Care to eat your words?

Well done to Boyle, he didn't have a great game but he had a tremendous impact when we needed him.

Yes, great assist for the first goal...and had previously played a great ball in with no takers...I criticised his final ball earlier in this thread...but well done today...played a big part in helping us win

SRHibs
31-03-2018, 04:59 PM
Care to eat your words?

No? It’s not like I completely slated him. He has obvious strengths and weaknesses, and I don’t think he’s good enough for the national team. I think that’s a pretty reasonable opinion to hold personally.

FitbaFolkKen
31-03-2018, 05:11 PM
No? It’s not like I completely slated him. He has obvious strengths and weaknesses, and I don’t think he’s good enough for the national team. I think that’s a pretty reasonable opinion to hold personally.

He's now played 37 scored 6 and got 11 assists. That's a pretty decent return and he creates a lot of opportunities, he does sometimes make wrong decisions or finish/cross poorly. I don't see him as a starter at international level but he puts defenders on edge with his pace and I could certainly see him being used in an impact role. Saying that I'm pretty sure that is what we were all saying about him when he joined us in the Championship and now he is one of the first names on the team sheet.

I love how hard he works, how he seems to genuinely appreciate playing for Hibs and how he is getting better and better. Whether or not he gets international honours it will be interesting to see how his career pans out.

O'Rourke3
31-03-2018, 05:21 PM
Great speed to get to the ball and blinding cross today for the first.

superfurryhibby
31-03-2018, 06:25 PM

You said "he's extremely limited" .

I don't think he's good enough for the national team either, but he's a very good SPL player and an asset to Hibs.

I would say though that he came within a baw hair of a sending off today. His pull on the Partick boy could have proven costly. He never fully impeded him, but it was a close thing.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2018, 06:26 PM
Great speed to get to the ball and blinding cross today for the first.

Goal was made and scored in Australia

SRHibs
31-03-2018, 06:38 PM
You said "he's extremely limited" .

I don't think he's good enough for the national team either, but he's a very good SPL player and an asset to Hibs.

I would say though that he came within a baw hair of a sending off today. His pull on the Partick boy could have proven costly. He never fully impeded him, but it was a close thing.

Ok, I take it back. He is limited in the sense that his end product is what stops him from being at the next level of quality though. As you say he’s good enough for this level and offers us something different to anyone else in the squad.