PDA

View Full Version : Big week for the Development team

Billy Whizz
30-03-2018, 09:35 AM
2 massive games against Celtic next week that will define the season, in terms of trophies!
Monday, away to Celtic in the development league
It’s now a 2pm KO at Cappielow. A draw or a win for Hibs, will elimate Celtic from the league trophy!

Thursday, Scottish FA Youth Cup semi inal v Celtic
12noon KO at Hibs training centre. If the kids are off school, and you’re looking for something to do, get along and support the young lads.

Age rules are slightly different in the youth cup to the league. Only a players born after Jan 1998 can play in the cup

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-cup/youth-cup/fixtures-results/

Wheat Hound
30-03-2018, 09:44 AM
2 massive games against Celtic next week that will define the season, in terms of trophies!
It’s now a 2pm KO at Cappielow. A draw or a win for Hibs, will elimate Celtic from the league trophy!

12noon KO at Hibs training centre. If the kids are off school, and you’re looking for something to do, get along and support the young lads.

Age rules are slightly different in the youth cup to the league. Only a players born after Jan 1998 can play in the cup

Hope to make them Billy.

Is it just the likes of Crane and Martin that are ineligible through age for the cup game?

Pagan Hibernia
30-03-2018, 09:45 AM

still can’t believe the time and venue for that youth cup semi final.

still, good luck to the lads.

IGRIGI
30-03-2018, 09:46 AM
Time to put rivalries aside and ask Levein to come in for a presentation on how to handle the stress of a cup double.

Pagan Hibernia
30-03-2018, 09:49 AM
Time to put rivalries aside and ask Levein to come in for a presentation on how to handle the stress of a cup double.

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
30-03-2018, 09:49 AM
Hope to make them Billy.

Is it just the likes of Crane and Martin that are ineligible through age for the cup game?

Crane, Martin and Lewis Allan can’t play in the Cup

Billy Whizz
30-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Celtic lost 1-0 to Motherwell today
Now 20 points behind Hibs, although they 5 games in hand

SJNB Hibby
30-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Celtic lost 1-0 to Motherwell today
Now 20 points behind Hibs, although they 5 games in hand

Theyve lost 5 of their last 7---normally a league draw would be fine, but Dundee and Aberdeen now appear to be our main rivals, so
cant really afford to drop points to the also-rans

Billy Whizz
01-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Anyone heading along tomorrow to Cappielow?
Wonder if any of our retuning injured players will get a run out?

Cod Boy
01-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Might it be a younger team with the likes of Shaw Porteous Fraser Murray likely to be on the bench on Tuesday.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 12:20 PM
Waiting on Hibs team news
Celtic
Mullen, Potter, Welsh, Deas (c), Church, Henderson, McInroy, Crossan, Mazis, Savoury & Caffrey. (4-2-3-1)

Jones28
02-04-2018, 12:24 PM
Any word on the Hibs team?

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Any word on the Hibs team?

10 mins I’ll post
Very young Celtic team, saving their strongest for Thursday no doubt

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Hibs
P Martin, Donaldson, Mackie, Stirling, Waugh, Crane, F Murray, S Martin, L Allan, Campbell, Gullan.

SUBS | O'Connor, Watson, Woods, Paton.

No Oli today

Cod Boy
02-04-2018, 12:46 PM
Hibs are 11/10 worth a punt?

Wheat Hound
02-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Hibs
P Martin, Donaldson, Mackie, Stirling, Waugh, Crane, F Murray, S Martin, L Allan, Campbell, Gullan.

SUBS | O'Connor, Watson, Woods, Paton.

No Oli today

Couldn't make today unfortunately but will be there Thursday.

3-5-2 today with Stirling in midfield?

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 01:04 PM
Mackie sent off after 4 mins

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 01:09 PM

What for Billy?

Onceinawhile
02-04-2018, 01:14 PM
A challenge from behind.

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2018, 01:17 PM
86 minutes playing with 10 men...a big ask :(

Pagan Hibernia
02-04-2018, 01:20 PM

ffs... disaster

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 01:29 PM
ffs... disaster

Mostly Celtic with the extra man, but Hibs just hit the bar from a corner

Ross County beating Aberdeen 1-0 in the other 2pm ko

Pagan Hibernia
02-04-2018, 01:31 PM
Mostly Celtic with the extra man, but Hibs just hit the bar from a corner

Ross County beating Aberdeen 1-0 in the other 2pm ko

well that Aberdeen score is very good news!

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 01:35 PM
well that Aberdeen score is very good news!

Young Aberdeen team I’m told

Wheat Hound
02-04-2018, 01:50 PM
Aberdeen equalized just before ht. 1-1 there

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 01:52 PM
0-0 ht

CapitalGreen
02-04-2018, 02:10 PM
1-0 Hibs

Billy Whizz
1-0 Hibs
Lewis Allan breaks away and slots home

Billy Whizz
1-0 Hibs

You at the game

Famous Fiver
02-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Final score?

Does Mackie's sending off rule him out of the cup tie?

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 02:20 PM
Final score?

25min still to play
No idea on Mackie, will try and find out

CapitalGreen
02-04-2018, 02:24 PM
You at the game

No, got an update from Bet365

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 02:24 PM
Final score?

It shouldn’t as it’s two different associations, much like first team level.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 02:35 PM
1-1

SteveHFC
02-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Straight red is a 2 game ban starting next game is it not

Deansy
02-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Must've been some tackle to get sent off after only 4 minutes - or the refs at this level are just as keech as the SPL ones !

DavyfiLeith
02-04-2018, 02:42 PM
Aberdeen still 1-1 Billy ?

SteveHFC
02-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Bet365 still says 1-1 with sheep 86mins

gaz1875
02-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Aberdeen still 1-1 Billy ?

1 - 1 86 minutes gone

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2018, 02:45 PM
even a point here is pretty important, dundee play a tough(ish) game v hamilton later then dundee play aberdeen next week so something has to give there whilst we are away at 2nd bottom Falkirk

Hermit Crab
02-04-2018, 02:48 PM
Ft 1-1

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 02:48 PM
1-1 ft

SteveHFC
02-04-2018, 02:49 PM
Decent result after playing with 10 men for 86 mins

brog
02-04-2018, 02:50 PM
Must've been some tackle to get sent off after only 4 minutes - or the refs at this level are just as keech as the SPL ones !

I expect your 2nd thought is correct!

Hermit Crab
02-04-2018, 02:50 PM
Aberdeen 1-1 FT

Pagan Hibernia
02-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Not a bad day all things considered. Still all in our own hands

Wheat Hound
02-04-2018, 03:01 PM
3 league games left for us. Away to Falkirk then home to Abderdeen then Motherwell.

Win them all and the league's ours!

The game v The Dons shaping up to be a title decider.

Billy
02-04-2018, 03:26 PM
3 league games left for us. Away to Falkirk then home to Abderdeen then Motherwell.

Win them all and the league's ours!

The game v The Dons shaping up to be a title decider.

Dundee play Accies today, they then play Aberdeen, Hearts and St Mirren.

Dundee are hitting form, 13 goals in their last 3 games.

Carheenlea
02-04-2018, 03:45 PM
Shame we couldn’t hold out, but a more than decent result after playing effectively the whole game with a man short.

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Straight red is a 2 game ban starting next game is it not

Only crosses competitions for violent conduct im sure.

Baldy Foghorn
02-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Didn't think it was a straight red at the time, thought he won ball

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 05:03 PM
Just back, weather much worse in the East, than it was in Greenock!

Back to the wall performance, particularly in the 1st half, after Mackie went off after 4 mins. Incident was on the far side from on me, no idea why Mackie was in the right back spot, after he was playing left back. Watched it through a ruck of players, but most thought it was harsh. Presume Hibs will look at it after viewing the videos

Hibs kicked off into wee Dublin End, strong wind at their backs. Celtic had most of the ball, but thought Hibs made the better chances. Martin went close with a low shot
Coaches changed it at ht, moving Fraser Murray from a wide position, to a no 10 role just behind Lewis Allan
Hibs really looked comfortable 2nd half in the news system, and seemed to play further up the park
Scored an excellent goal, when Lewis Allan latched onto a long backl and scored with a cool finish
Felt we were going to hang on for the win, but Celtic scored from just inside the box
We steadied ourselves, and were denied a penalty in the 90th min. Good passing move and Scott Martin drove into box, shot at goal and ball came Celtic defenders hand, Clancy would have given it.

All in all, great point, and lots of things to look forward now for Thursdays Cup game

Carheenlea
02-04-2018, 05:07 PM

Back to the wall performance, particularly in the 1st half, after Mackie went off after 4 mins. Incident was on the far side from on me, no idea why Mackie was in the right back spot, after he was playing left back. Watched it through a ruck of players, but most thought it was harsh. Presume Hibs will look at it after viewing the videos

Hibs kicked off into wee Dublin End, strong wind at their backs. Celtic had most of the ball, but thought Hibs made the better chances. Martin went close with a low shot
Coaches changed it at ht, moving Fraser Murray from a wide position, to a no 10 role just behind Lewis Allan
Hibs really looked comfortable 2nd half in the news system, and seemed to play further up the park
Scored an excellent goal, when Lewis Allan latched onto a long backl and scored with a cool finish
Felt we were going to hang on for the win, but Celtic scored from just inside the box
We steadied ourselves, and were denied a penalty in the 90th min. Good passing move and Scott Martin drove into box, shot at goal and ball came Celtic defenders hand, Clancy would have given it.

All in all, great point, and lots of things to look forward now for Thursdays Cup game

Cheers for that Billy :aok:

brog
02-04-2018, 05:08 PM

Thanks Billy

Baldy Foghorn
02-04-2018, 05:10 PM

Never got much popcorn, man to my right had plenty though:aok:

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 05:13 PM
Never got much popcorn, man to my right had plenty though:aok:

Know exactly who you mean😎
Folk on here will be wondering about this Popcorn thing ha ha
I’ll save you a bag for the bus to Dingwall on Saturday

Baldy Foghorn
02-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Know exactly who you mean😎
Folk on here will be wondering about this Popcorn thing ha ha
I’ll save you a bag for the bus to Dingwall on Saturday

Top man:aok:

Wheat Hound
02-04-2018, 05:35 PM

Thanks Billy. Looking forward to Thursday.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 05:39 PM
Thanks Billy. Looking forward to Thursday.

Come and say hello!
Would suggest anyone going, gets up early, limited parking.
Weather looking good, and I know quite a few people who don’t normally go, taking their kids along

Wheat Hound
02-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Come and say hello!
Would suggest anyone going, gets up early, limited parking.
Weather looking good, and I know quite a few people who don’t normally go, taking their kids along

👍

Garymcl
02-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Great result for the young team under the circumstances I would encourage as many hibbys to get along to east mains on Thursday to cheer them on great time to be a hibby :flag:

Pagan Hibernia
02-04-2018, 06:03 PM

thanks for this Billy. I was just wondering, you obviously watch a lot of the development team, is there anyone coming through that you think might have a chance of solving our upcoming midfield problem if the worst happens and we lose McGinn and/or McGeouch? It’s a big ask I know...

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 06:17 PM
thanks for this Billy. I was just wondering, you obviously watch a lot of the development team, is there anyone coming through that you think might have a chance of solving our upcoming midfield problem if the worst happens and we lose McGinn and/or McGeouch? It’s a big ask I know...

Always a good question, but at this stage no one is going to come in and take these the places of these great players, most of the boys are teenagers
Yes, there are quite a few that will go on and make a career at hibs/ be a professional footballer, but I prefer not to name young Hibs players on a forum, if that’s ok
Lots of good young players in Scotland, saw young Ewan Henderson of Celtic play today, looks a player

Tynie01011973
02-04-2018, 06:19 PM
Updated table fyi

https://spfl.co.uk/development-league/

Wheat Hound
02-04-2018, 06:20 PM
Dundee winning 2-0. Puts them 1 point behind us with same games played.

Billy Whizz
03-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Short highlights up
What do you make of the straight red for Sean Mackie?
Also contentious hand ball penalty incidents at both ends

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NGTQ90BrN6I

geohibby
03-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Great result for the young team under the circumstances I would encourage as many hibbys to get along to east mains on Thursday to cheer them on great time to be a hibby :flag:

How much is it to get into watch?

Pagan Hibernia
03-04-2018, 04:42 PM
How much is it to get into watch?

Donation to the academy as far as I know

Billy Whizz
03-04-2018, 04:51 PM
Donation to the academy as far as I know

Yes donation via a bucket collection
I’ve got 3 helpers coming along, so give generously😄

brog
03-04-2018, 09:19 PM
Short highlights up

How well did Lewis do for the goal? I can see him having a decent career for likes of Falkirk, Livi or Pars if he doesn't have a future at ER.

hibbysam
03-04-2018, 09:26 PM
Short highlights up

From that angle it’s a poor decision. Ref couldn’t wait to pull the red card out, steaming across Willie Collum style. 3 minutes in, on the touchline at halfway, wouldn’t have been a red the other way around.

DaveF
04-04-2018, 08:45 AM
Is there any chance this game could be off? I know the weather is due to improve - it would be doing well to get worse - but just wanted to make sure I don't have a wasted journey out there.

Wheat Hound
04-04-2018, 01:51 PM
Pretty heavy snow in West Lothian right now. If it's the same through East, can't see the training centre pitches being playable. ER would be fine so still not sure why it wasn't used, especially given two of the earlier rounds were?!

Leithenhibby
04-04-2018, 02:16 PM
From that angle it’s a poor decision. Ref couldn’t wait to pull the red card out, steaming across Willie Collum style. 3 minutes in, on the touchline at halfway, wouldn’t have been a red the other way around.

This......

GGTTH

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 03:19 PM
Pretty heavy snow in West Lothian right now. If it's the same through East, can't see the training centre pitches being playable. ER would be fine so still not sure why it wasn't used, especially given two of the earlier rounds were?!

It’s been torrential here for days, and only let up for a little while yesterday. Absolutely no chance it being on unless the pitch has been covered which I doubt.

Saturday Boy
04-04-2018, 04:41 PM
Hibs Twitter reporting that there’s a 9am pitch inspection tomorrow.

AltheHibby
04-04-2018, 07:13 PM
From a sickbag thread on their rearranged match at 'their facilty' :

"The game may kick off a few minutes early, assuming the rugby training finishes shortly. The teams have been warming up in another hall."

And another :

"how poor is it that the game is in our own facility and there is no coverage from Hearts".

Thank goodness we have a professional setup for our development team.

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 08:27 AM
Nothing confirmed by Hibs yet, but been told by a source that it failed its pitch inspection

Saturday Boy
05-04-2018, 08:31 AM
Nothing confirmed by Hibs yet, but been told by a source that it failed its pitch inspection

Postponed as per Hibs Twitter just now

Wheat Hound
05-04-2018, 08:31 AM
Still not sure why this wasn't at ER?

Bostonhibby
05-04-2018, 08:35 AM

"The game may kick off a few minutes early, assuming the rugby training finishes shortly. The teams have been warming up in another hall."

And another :

"how poor is it that the game is in our own facility and there is no coverage from Hearts".

Bit of a conflict there, if it's "our own facility" why do they have to wait until the last eggs been chased and caught before they can get started?:greengrin

Don't suppose anyone will even ask.

DaveF
05-04-2018, 08:35 AM
Oh well, will just shovel ice and snow at home instead.

Bishop Hibee
05-04-2018, 08:50 AM
I was intending to go to this with a mate. Would have been my first look at the training centre. Im on holiday this week and next but no doubt the game will be rearranged for when I can't go. Frustrating!

calumhibee1
05-04-2018, 09:16 AM

And another :

Their own facility? Bit like me booking a pitch at the Power League and saying it’s my own facility.

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 01:46 PM
The other semi final is taking place today

Kilmarnock v Aberdeen at Rugby Park, 2.30pm ko

1-0 Aberdeen after 10 mins

Final is at Hampden I believe

Billy
05-04-2018, 01:52 PM
Killie down to 10 men after 20 mins. Main striker, straight red.

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Killie down to 10 men after 20 mins. Main striker, straight red.

Just saw that, you covering the game Billy

Billy
05-04-2018, 01:58 PM
Just saw that, you covering the game Billy

Yeah, Aberdeen are broadcasting the audio today.

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Yeah, Aberdeen are broadcasting the audio today.

Many at the game?

Billy
05-04-2018, 02:02 PM
Many at the game?

I'm in the office, broadcast coming through me :greengrin

Billy
05-04-2018, 02:17 PM
HT: 1-0 Aberdeen

Billy
05-04-2018, 02:41 PM
2-0 Aberdeen 55 mins.

Billy
05-04-2018, 02:46 PM
3-0 Aberdeen - Anderson hat-trick

Looks like Aberdeen are in the final.

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 02:50 PM
3-0 Aberdeen - Anderson hat-trick

Looks like Aberdeen are in the final.

Looks over and out, we just need to join them now!

Thanks for the updates Billy

Billy
05-04-2018, 02:56 PM
Penalty for Aberdeen....saved.

Billy
05-04-2018, 03:19 PM
FT: Kilmarnock 0 Aberdeen 3

Aberdeen will play Hibs or Celtic at Hampden in the final.

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 03:37 PM
FT: Kilmarnock 0 Aberdeen 3

Aberdeen will play Hibs or Celtic at Hampden in the final.

Good man