PDA

View Full Version : Hertz fans and John Mcginn

thebakerboy
29-03-2018, 08:25 PM
I am almost speechless(anybody that knows me would say that is impossible) but 3 Hearts fans that I know have come up to me over the last 2 days and said that they thought that SJM was superb on Tuesday night and should have been MOM. At least one is a solid Hearts believer of the worst kind and said stupid things about Souter should have been playing etc etc etc but still said good things about SJM. Now I thought he played very well but was reluctant to say anything in case I was accused of green tinted specs on but really surprised by this and wonder if I could be as generous if ever one of them was playing that well.

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-03-2018, 08:50 PM
Paul Hartley was a good performer for Scotland and bar what a few say on here, as has Craig Gordon been

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-03-2018, 09:04 PM
I am almost speechless(anybody that knows me would say that is impossible) but 3 Hearts fans that I know have come up to me over the last 2 days and said that they thought that SJM was superb on Tuesday night and should have been MOM. At least one is a solid Hearts believer of the worst kind and said stupid things about Souter should have been playing etc etc etc but still said good things about SJM. Now I thought he played very well but was reluctant to say anything in case I was accused of green tinted specs on but really surprised by this and wonder if I could be as generous if ever one of them was playing that well.

I remember a young Alan McLaren having Baggio in his back pocket in a game at Ibrox v Italy, I was more than happy to praise him, it was a quite magnificent display of man marking.

Greentinted
29-03-2018, 09:09 PM
Hearts supporting relative of mine (and a diehard at that) was raving about Dylan after the ‘Natural Order’ derby. He also conceded that our midfield is arguably the best in the country.

Jack
29-03-2018, 09:14 PM
SJM was good but far from his best. Not The position he's used to.

The yams don't like him.

yonder1875
29-03-2018, 09:20 PM
Hearts fans seem to really dislike SJM in my experiences with them.

Unsurprising really as he usually bullies them.

WhileTheChief..
29-03-2018, 09:23 PM
There’s a thread on Kickback mostly slating him. They’ve given him dogs abuse for years on there.

Those that rate him are delighted he’s leaving for Celtic, he’s not good enough for the EPL and we’re gonna get next to nothing for him.

Tynie01011973
29-03-2018, 09:45 PM
There’s a thread on Kickback mostly slating him. They’ve given him dogs abuse for years on there.

Those that rate him are delighted he’s leaving for Celtic, he’s not good enough for the EPL and we’re gonna get next to nothing for him.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/176124-hibs-engine-room-breaking-up-nhc/&page=2

Apparently, SJM is in last year of contract, St Mirren are due 53% Sell On fee and the Bank are also due a share of any transfers!!!

No like JKB to be spectacularly wrong

California-Hibs
29-03-2018, 09:46 PM
He’s rag-dolled them on the pitch. Big part of them only beating us once in 4 years. Absolutely strolls it against their guff.

WhileTheChief..
29-03-2018, 11:22 PM
They seem to think that the bank and STF take a share of every penny the club brings in.

Not sure where they get it from but I guess it’s wishful thinking on their part along with all the other nonsense they spout about us.

wearethehibs
30-03-2018, 12:12 AM
He was rubbish. Does not deserve a move anywhere on recent performances

Pete
30-03-2018, 01:02 AM
Kickback isn’t real and not a true representation.

Most hearts fans I know can only heap praise on SJM, as well as McGeouch and Allan.

Anything else is being silly.

Winston Ingram
30-03-2018, 06:37 AM
Hearts supporting relative of mine (and a diehard at that) was raving about Dylan after the ‘Natural Order’ derby. He also conceded that our midfield is arguably the best in the country.

My closest Jambo pals have always thought Dylan is our best player by a mile.

hibsbollah
30-03-2018, 07:49 AM
I can't think of many hertz players Ive credited with playing well against us :dunno: Gordon a couple of times I suppose, but crediting an opposition goalie is often a kind of a backhanded criticism suggesting the other team were getting battered!

I was impressed with Cochrane the derby before last. Diving Walker has played well. Other than than not really, but then again they haven't played well against us for years, every time they do scrape a draw or a win it's a 40 yard fluke in the last minute or some radge deflection or a ball not over the line controversy.

huggie1875
30-03-2018, 08:07 AM
To be fair the total dross of a team we have just now or our shambles of a stadium not to mention our severe lack of training facilities would suggest they are correct :lolyam:

They seem to think that the bank and STF take a share of every penny the club brings in.

Not sure where they get it from but I guess it’s wishful thinking on their part along with all the other nonsense they spout about us.

Hibee Mac
30-03-2018, 08:12 AM
I thought he was pretty average by his standards on Tuesday. Felt like he needed to demand the ball a bit more and really impose himself on the game.

Mind you he still played a few lovely long balls and got stuck into some tasty challenges.

brog
30-03-2018, 08:17 AM
I thought he was pretty average by his standards on Tuesday. Felt like he needed to demand the ball a bit more and really impose himself on the game.

Mind you he still played a few lovely long balls and got stuck into some tasty challenges.
It took him a wee while to warm up but i thought SJM & McGregor were by far our best players on the night. There was one time in the 2nd half when SJM won 3 consecutive challenges while everyone else looked on.

we are hibs
30-03-2018, 09:07 AM
has anyone ever met one of these "haha 5-1 hobos nltf" hearts fans in real life? i haven't. same could be said that i haven't met a hibs fan who refers to them as "yams" in real life. its so dated its unreal

Diclonius
30-03-2018, 09:24 AM
Hearts fans seem to really dislike SJM in my experiences with them.

Unsurprising really as he usually bullies them.

Same reason why we hate players like Black and McGowan - his record against them. He's only lose one derby out of eight.

givescotlandfreedom
30-03-2018, 09:31 AM
has anyone ever met one of these "haha 5-1 hobos nltf" hearts fans in real life? i haven't. same could be said that i haven't met a hibs fan who refers to them as "yams" in real life. its so dated its unreal

I know a couple who were giving it all that right after the last Derby. Just had to laugh.

MB62
30-03-2018, 10:43 AM
I thought SJM had a quiet 2nd half, thankfully. He took a knock and I was hoping he would be subbed. Cringed with fear every time he went near the ball.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: :flag::flag:

where'stheslope
30-03-2018, 11:27 AM
I can't think of many hertz players Ive credited with playing well against us :dunno: Gordon a couple of times I suppose, but crediting an opposition goalie is often a kind of a backhanded criticism suggesting the other team were getting battered!

I was impressed with Cochrane the derby before last. Diving Walker has played well. Other than than not really, but then again they haven't played well against us for years, every time they do scrape a draw or a win it's a 40 yard fluke in the last minute or some radge deflection or a ball not over the line controversy.

I thought one of the best displays by a Yam was goalkeeper MacDonald in the 0-1 cup game at Easter Road. He on his own kept us at bay with some incredible saves and they go up the park and score with their only decent effort. Unfortunately we have a habit of making other teams players stand out when they play us as we are so good going forward and sometimes get caught out thinking the games ours for the taking!!!!

hibsbollah
30-03-2018, 12:11 PM
I thought one of the best displays by a Yam was goalkeeper MacDonald in the 0-1 cup game at Easter Road. He on his own kept us at bay with some incredible saves and they go up the park and score with their only decent effort. Unfortunately we have a habit of making other teams players stand out when they play us as we are so good going forward and sometimes get caught out thinking the games ours for the taking!!!!

Yep, good call. Mcdonald had one of 'those' games.

The Green Goblin
30-03-2018, 12:40 PM
I remember a young Alan McLaren having Baggio in his back pocket in a game at Ibrox v Italy, I was more than happy to praise him, it was a quite magnificent display of man marking.

I was at that game and would agree with that.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2018, 04:27 PM

Me neither .... never been called a Hobo or a spoon burner or a peg seller in real life and especially not 'vermin' ....... funnily enough even though I use it on here I have never used the expression Yam elsewhere either :greengrin

Walking away from the rust arena after a derby quite a few years ago now a Yam looked me in the eye and said "f'ing wee team" :faf:

mjhibby
30-03-2018, 04:48 PM

They are clinging onto the hope that both mcginn and mcgeoch are away in the summer of course forgetting that we will be signing other players if they go. In fairness most of them admit we have by far the superior midfield.

Diclonius
30-03-2018, 05:09 PM

The Zaliukas-Webster pairing shut us out time after time in a derby, though probably wasn't helped by the fact all the attackers we had then were total ****.

30-03-2018, 10:45 PM

There seems to be a few of them thinking they've got a chance of getting him from us. Can't see that happening, wishful thinking on their part.

No chance will they be offering him that much more than we are for him to be willing to take a step down and massively hamper his chances of getting another call up to the national squad.

Mantis Toboggan
31-03-2018, 12:10 AM

No. But I doubt anyone with any sort of job, family, friends, interests, taste, horizons, has.

SanFranHibs
31-03-2018, 02:26 AM
He was rubbish. Does not deserve a move anywhere on recent performances

Exactly. Been lousy for the past 2 years. No chance of a big move, but tell you what, just to help the young man out and as he has become like one of the family, we should give a 3 year extension.

poolman
31-03-2018, 02:37 AM
Exactly. Been lousy for the past 2 years. No chance of a big move, but tell you what, just to help the young man out and as he has become like one of the family, we should give a 3 year extension.

Only maybe, sometimes I think he's not worth the ink to sign his contract

Maybe another couple of years at ER would bring him on a wee bit :agree:

highland hibbee
31-03-2018, 04:40 AM
Me neither .... never been called a Hobo or a spoon burner or a peg seller in real life and especially not 'vermin' ....... funnily enough even though I use it on here I have never used the expression Yam elsewhere either :greengrin

Walking away from the rust arena after a derby quite a few years ago now a Yam looked me in the eye and said "f'ing wee team" :faf:

Theres a horrible wee Hun from Inverness, who works offshore, first name is Scott, he’s friendly with my oldest son and I’ve seen him regularly use these phrases back when I was on fb and my son and I would be commenting on the football. Objectionable person of the hunnest order.