PDA

View Full Version : Supporters Direct Podcast - HSL

OfficialHSL
29-03-2018, 03:30 PM
HSL were recently invited to take part in a podcast hosted by Supporters Direct Scotland. HSL Director Jim Adie took part and some interesting topics came up.

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-571797174/15-jim-adie-of-hibernian-supporters-ltd

Pretty Boy
29-03-2018, 04:14 PM
Bump.

OP now edited with working link.

Leithenhibby
29-03-2018, 04:14 PM
Bump.

OP now edited with working link.

:aok:

madhibby
29-03-2018, 04:56 PM
After listening to the podcast decided to join HSL and have signed up to the monthly indefinite Direct Debit. I had meant to do it for ages - initially I wanted just to buy Hibs share direct rather than through HSL. Chose the £18.75 per month option - was going to pay £20 per month. If I undestand it right once my contribution reaches £225 then I get sent my membership which I presume shows the value of shares within HSL that I have?

Pagan Hibernia
29-03-2018, 07:59 PM
After listening to the podcast decided to join HSL and have signed up to the monthly indefinite Direct Debit. I had meant to do it for ages - initially I wanted just to buy Hibs share direct rather than through HSL. Chose the £18.75 per month option - was going to pay £20 per month. If I undestand it right once my contribution reaches £225 then I get sent my membership which I presume shows the value of shares within HSL that I have?

Cant answer your question (id also like to know having signed up a month or two ago) but I’m delighted you’ve joined. Onwards.

Jack
29-03-2018, 09:21 PM

You have to apply for your membership.

tamig
29-03-2018, 09:49 PM

I signed up about a month ago. I don’t care about any shares tbh. I just see it as a way of doing something a wee bit more for the Club that will have a direct impact on what happens on the pitch.

Forza Fred
30-03-2018, 01:34 AM

You may indeed receive an acknowledgement which shows how much you have contributed or even the number of shares your contribution has enabled to be purchased, but as I understand it they are not shares that 'you have'

The shares are owned by HSL.

If I have got that wrong then pretty sure someone will be along in a minute to correct it.....

OfficialHSL
30-03-2018, 03:39 PM
Madhibby
Thank you very much for joining HSL.
It is important that everyone understands how HSL operates. HSL is a collective vehicle which means you do not acquire any shares in your own name. Your donation is joined with everyone else and we buy shares in the name of HSL. Once you have contributed £225 and sign a Form confirming you want to be a Mrmber you will receive z Membership Certificate. This proves you are part and equal owner of HSL which in turn is a part owner of Hibs. The good news is your voice is equal to every other Member of HSL even if they have contributed twice as much.
HSL

MSK
30-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Madhibby
Thank you very much for joining HSL.
It is important that everyone understands how HSL operates. HSL is a collective vehicle which means you do not acquire any shares in your own name. Your donation is joined with everyone else and we buy shares in the name of HSL. Once you have contributed £225 and sign a Form confirming you want to be a Mrmber you will receive z Membership Certificate. This proves you are part and equal owner of HSL which in turn is a part owner of Hibs. The good news is your voice is equal to every other Member of HSL even if they have contributed twice as much.
HSLGood to know, eventually got round to signing up last night 👍

Renfrew_Hibby
30-03-2018, 04:33 PM
I've been paying £18.75 every month since it got launched, when was that? Two years ago maybe?
Anyway I never applied for or thought about shares at all. I only want to help build the club up and help secure its future.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
30-03-2018, 04:42 PM
Official HSL has there been an increase in membership lately ? And idea how many members we have ? Been a member since it started so and info would be good. Thanks

BSEJVT
30-03-2018, 05:52 PM
Podcast referred to above is well worth a listen

Confirms that member numbers are now rising sharply

Pretty sure that in the days after Neil Lennon and then David Gray & Darren McGregor joining over a 100 new/ returning members joined.

My son alone has recruited 4 of his group to start contributing as a result of my bending his ear.

There is absolutely no limit to what HSL and by extension Hibs can achieve through this if we all take the time to discuss the issue with folk we know and explain why they should.

HappyHibby93
01-04-2018, 08:56 AM
Just listened to this podcast on their Twitter, and it's a very good interview indeed. https://t.co/akhIRW9Z7B

Perhaps on the back of this more fans can see the benefits that HSL bring to our club and sign up.

:flag:
GGTTH

Gerard
01-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Just listened to this podcast on their Twitter, and it's a very good interview indeed. https://t.co/akhIRW9Z7B

Perhaps on the back of this more fans can see the benefits that HSL bring to our club and sign up.

GGTTH

HSL IS a good way in helping our club get better players

OfficialHSL
15-04-2018, 07:49 PM

GGTTH
Delighted to report another good week with 28 new Members. We have been trying to attract at least 10 new Members every week and we have been exceeding this for many weeks. Thank you everyone. Word of mouth is our best marketing tool so please keep talking to your fellow supporters who have not yet joined.
HSL

Pagan Hibernia
19-04-2018, 03:29 PM
Delighted to report another good week with 28 new Members. We have been trying to attract at least 10 new Members every week and we have been exceeding this for many weeks. Thank you everyone. Word of mouth is our best marketing tool so please keep talking to your fellow supporters who have not yet joined.
HSL

By members do you mean actual members who have contributed £225 or people who have signed up to a regular payment? (Both are great btw)

OfficialHSL
19-04-2018, 04:09 PM
By members do you mean actual members who have contributed £225 or people who have signed up to a regular payment? (Both are great btw)

Easter Rising

You are right to pick us up on this, we actually mean new donators. We do still sometimes have lump sum payments of £225 ( or higher ) but the vast majority donate by monthly Direct Debit on a journey to full Membership.

This week we have had 3 new donators which is a lower amount compared to recent times so please can we again encourage those who are still thinking about it to join us at http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

If every single existing donator could encourage just one other to join just think of the impact we can make.

Lets show Neil Lennon how much we want to back him.

HSL

BSEJVT
19-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Great stuff Jim

Good to see momentum has been good although has fallen off a bit this week

Come on folks you know it makes sense!

hibbydad
28-04-2018, 08:04 AM
Great stuff Jim

Good to see momentum has been good although has fallen off a bit this week

Come on folks you know it makes sense!

Does anyone else feel that the momentum which had been gained on this issue is subsiding again. I believe there needs to be a concerted effort to keep this to the fore as it has the potential to snificantly increase the amount of funds available for the player budget

BSEJVT
28-04-2018, 08:41 AM
Does anyone else feel that the momentum which had been gained on this issue is subsiding again. I believe there needs to be a concerted effort to keep this to the fore as it has the potential to snificantly increase the amount of funds available for the player budget

As someone very interested in the success of HSL I agree that momentum is stalling a bit, particularly in respect of its being talked about on Hibs Net.

I guess to some extent that's inevitable as there needs to be something worth discussing.

I am hopeful that the upcoming elections and new website launch will renew the impetus.

Thing is though if people cant be enticed into joining HSL now on the back of a couple of fabulous seasons, its difficult to see what will entice them.

DaveF
28-04-2018, 08:46 AM
As someone very interested in the success of HSL I agree that momentum is stalling a bit, particularly in respect of its being talked about on Hibs Net.

I guess to some extent that's inevitable as there needs to be something worth discussing.

I am hopeful that the upcoming elections and new website launch will renew the impetus.

Thing is though if people cant be enticed into joining HSL now on the back of a couple of fabulous seasons, its difficult to see what will entice them.

It usually needs a crisis before things like thesee kick on. With everything looking so positive at the moment, I suspect the attitude amongst many is why bother...

Billy Whizz
28-04-2018, 08:48 AM

Where can we find out, who’s putting themselves forward to be elected?

Pagan Hibernia
28-04-2018, 08:56 AM
The new website should really be in place by now. I’ve been checking every day for it.

i suppose in recent weeks we’ve all been pre-occupied with the team as they head in the crunch games. Not to mention the superb youth team. But really with such a crucial and uncertain summer coming up which could make or break us next season people really should be making the connection between chipping a few quid into HSL and money being available to either buy new players or offer better contracts to existing ones.

edinburghhibee
28-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Moan guys get yer money out only a £10er a month started this a few months back don’t miss it coming out the account and it’s only two pints these days so get signed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbydad
28-04-2018, 10:35 AM
Moan guys get yer money out only a £10er a month started this a few months back don’t miss it coming out the account and it’s only two pints these days so get signed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I think it's so important to get behind the club at this time it could take us to the next level. I do think there needs to be much more of an effort to promote this by HSL Surely this is the time for anyone who can to get behind the club

madhatter
28-04-2018, 11:34 AM
This must be one hell of a website they are putting together...

hibbydad
29-04-2018, 07:31 AM
This must be one hell of a website they are putting together...

I'm disappointed official HSL has not commented on this thread

Eyrie
29-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Is this the right time for a relaunch when we're all focused on getting second?

Might make more sense to wait until the season is over and then HSL can be the main story for a few days which will help get attention and hopefully more members.

GreenT
29-04-2018, 11:55 AM

If you cannot commit to min £7.50 you can contact HSL and they will set up whatever you can commit to even if it is £2 per month. Every little bit helps Lenny with his budget

OfficialHSL
29-04-2018, 06:12 PM

It's a very difficult balancing act. Clearly a fans forum is a very useful communication tool but we also try to respect the fact that supporters don't want to feel pestered by us.
As you say we try to only engage when we have news.
HSL

BSEJVT
29-04-2018, 08:15 PM
It's a very difficult balancing act. Clearly a fans forum is a very useful communication tool but we also try to respect the fact that supporters don't want to feel pestered by us.
As you say we try to only engage when we have news.
HSL

Thanks Jim

For the record though I wasn't criticising HSL for momentum stalling on this particular message board, I agree entirely with you in that there is no point in HSL speaking just for the sake of it.

It was a general comment that the issue isn't being discussed amongst posters on here as much as it was for a while.

HSL provide the platform. It is up to the support to embrace it and engage with it and to a large extent to drive uptake forward

Criswell
29-04-2018, 10:29 PM
I was hoping HSL would have announced that that they had hit the 2000 member total by now. I see this as an important mile stone; an event which could give much needed momentum if properly promoted.

BlackSheep
03-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Hi Jim,

I have tried emailing HSL's "info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk" email for the past few days and keep getting bounce backs.... is this due to the website upgrade?