PDA

View Full Version : Another Utterly Mental Kickback Thread

One Day Soon
29-03-2018, 12:28 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/176111-fit-for-purpose/&

This one is a cracker.

Serial self-publicist Shaun Lawson even appears. I thought he'd disappeared.

Here's the OP. After that it's all a bit, well, see for yourselves...

I am writing for the first time in Kickback as my many writings to the board over several years stating my name, address and signing my letters, has been ignored. The club's board only seem interested in praise, not criticism i.e. sycophants. Not my style! A compliant Glasgow / Edinburgh press has a conflict of interest, i.e. be nice to club boards and managers or no access to interviews. So what truths are fans not informed of? It was suggested I write to Kickback. If your only interested in reading short posts, venture no further, for explaining the malaise takes longer.
About me
I'm 71 years of age. My first Tynecastle attendance was with my dad at the age of 8. For many years my Saturdays were spent following Hearts home and away from Dumfries to Aberdeen. In the 90's I went to university as a mature student attaining a business management degree. I gave up my season ticket to fund being a student, as every day I travelled to Dundee and back by train. It was my intention, on completion of my studies to renew my season ticket, but four years on, my life was different, and what followed later (Romanov) gave me no reason to return.
Through the Mercer, Robinson and Romanov years I openly criticised the business running of Hearts via the Pink News, a confrontation with Mercer on TV's 'Sport in Question', and two - one hour interviews on Scot FM. I feel passionately about Hearts and the way the club is run – nothing has changed.
I write in the second person (you) for the reasons I proffer below. I will not put a penny into Hearts while, in my opinion, it continues to be mismanaged at team and club board level. Because of this, I feel I do not have the right to use the word 'we'.
Ann Budge
Personally I found Ann Budge's season ticket appeal embarrassing. All that was missing was her beggar's patch on Princes Street with an out-stretched hand holding a cap (Hearts tartan) begging for your dosh! I believe her omissions hide a gross mis-management of Hearts both at team and at club board level.
Hearts, the third largest supported club in Scotland hasn't won the league title since 1960 - 58 years ago. Since then, and with lesser fan bases, Dundee, Kilmarnock, Dundee Utd. has won it once, and Aberdeen three times. In that time, board after board has failed Hearts fans. Newly promoted Hibs are 10 points clear with a game in hand, a better team, a better manager, and a better run club. Four years on, I do not for one second believe that Ann Budge is the saviour of Hearts. Indeed I ask a more pertinent question – is she and the board fit for purpose?
If supporters continue to loyally buy season tickets and contribute to the F.o.H., the mediocrity and regress of the last four years will prevail. What a load of tosh Mrs Budge expounds! Fans do not own Hearts and never will. The board only need you when they need your money. If fans own Hearts - What say did fans have in its building costs you helped pay for? £12m then £14m, then £15m,- how much more?
What should have come first was the appointment of a quality manager with a winning pedigree and no D.o.F.. Followed by money spent on quality players. Success attracts more fans and increases revenues. The time to build a new stand is when capacity is regularly approaching full, for then success and increased revenues create a sound base for prudent forward planning. I believe the new stand is an extravagant wasteful edifice that could have been built for much less than £15m with remaining monies contributing to being spent on players and a new pitch.
Instead, as seen in the Partick match with actual attendance circa 14,000 or even less, due to the 600 free Big Hearts Day tickets. The sparseness told its own story.
17/3/18 v Partick (H) stated attendance was 17,179 which equates to 85.25% capacity. This officially brings the average crowd since the stand opened to 16,647 = 82.61% average capacity. But when the truth shows it to be circa 14,000 bums on seats the average crowd becomes 16,325 = 81% or less - average capacity.
Ann Budge and the club board spent £15m on, ego and image before needs, structure before players, i.e. your money wasted! Your dreams abused, Let me explain;

C.E.O. Budge has an insane and/or besotted respect for Levein. His CV was poor!

Budge putting Levein on the club's board creates a conflict of interest.
Levein appointing two inexperienced rookies to the important post of manager of Hearts. What competent C.E.O. would countenance that?
The waste of paying two salaries to a D.o.F. and inexperienced rookie team managers for 3.5 years that ended in failure was D.o.F and C.E.O. approved.
The shocking waste of signings and contracts for less than average players. How responsible was the D.o.F. in this? How blind to Levein is Budge?
With Levein now team manager, suddenly a D.o.F. was no longer needed.
The unnecessary and exorbitant cost of the new stand in relation to attendance revenues that appear to potentially cover only circa 80% capacity. C.E.O. approved.
The omission of competitive tender of the extravagant new stand C.E.O. approved.
The construction of the new stand allegedly built by Budge's brother's company. It not going out to competitive tender is nepotism. It begs a question. Who all profited?
The incompetences that prevailed by mistakes, delays in schedules, additional over-time costs, more rent paid out for Murrayfield, the race for use fiasco, and the farcical continuing malaise. Overseeing this was/is C.E.O.' Budge's remit.
Assisted by F.o.H. money, the lack of consultation given to F.o.H. members in costs and pricing policy, resulting in at least 25% over budget was C.E.O. approved.
It is not unreasonable to believe that Levein is guilty of the same accusations he twice publicly accused his players at Hearts and Dundee United of, i.e. "cheating their employer and taking money under false pretences." Just as he appeared to have done when supposedly managing Scotland. Paid a lot, but returned little. Regress not progress. In signing Levein, what was C.E.O. Budge thinking of?
The above comedy of errors were all approved by Budge. Is she fit for purpose?

Daydreamer
29-03-2018, 12:40 PM
Just read it and he was the guy who stays 200yds from Levein in Crossford in Fife who 16 years ago was given an ASBO from talking to Levein in the street. Hilarious and damming all in one.

LancsHibs
29-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Can’t wait to see the replies🤭

CropleyWasGod
29-03-2018, 12:44 PM
Is it just me, or am i starting to see echoes of our own experience here?

Guardian angel comes in to save club.

Club doesn't do as well as its fans expect.

Fans want said angel to F off.

SirDavidsNapper
29-03-2018, 12:45 PM
The OP on kickback is clearly not a Hearts fan. Doesn't say "Tynecastle Park" once. Dead giveaway

Hermit Crab
29-03-2018, 12:48 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/levein-is-cool-over-pest-fan-1-943934

The boy appears to have been given a restraining although this was in 2002. Seems like an absolute supper of a bloke!

SRHibs
29-03-2018, 12:49 PM

The boy appears to have been given a restraining although this was in 2002.

The article was written 16 years ago.

Albanian Hibs
29-03-2018, 12:50 PM
The article was written 16 years ago.

Yes in 2002 as HC stated

SRHibs
29-03-2018, 12:53 PM
Yes in 2002 as HC stated

He changed his post. Said something about Levein only being 38.

Smartie
29-03-2018, 12:53 PM
Superheroes like this helmet are the ones that will kill them off for good.

The type of idiot who funded the Neilson aeroplane.

They sow discord amongst their own support, split their own club up, get the fans on the backs of the players, manager and board and make "Tynecastle Park" a difficult place for their own team to play.

They need a bit of spirit and resolve to tough out this spell they are going through.

Fortunately for us, the sense of entitlement that exists amongst their own support means that there will be a fair few happy to jump on this nonsensical bandwagon.

Pleasing, as they say.

Seriously - who would anyone save a football club? Doesn't look anything like worth the hassle to me....

And I do like the idea of someone getting a restraining order for hassling Craig Levein. I can just imagine Levein on his early Nokia mobile phone to the police, knees knocking together and skiddy keks round his ankles whilst this nutter angrily bangs on his cludgie door.

SirDavidsNapper
29-03-2018, 12:55 PM

Yup. I was just about to point out it was from 2002 as well

KerPlunk
29-03-2018, 01:51 PM
I might be doing Mr. Kelman a disservice but I have this image of him being the Hertz version of this guy :-
https://youtu.be/3i35obkLO54

Peevemor
29-03-2018, 01:55 PM

The boy appears to have been given a restraining although this was in 2002. Seems like an absolute supper of a bloke!

"The first time I asked him how the club was doing and offered my help because I have a business degree, but he said he didn’t want to speak to me."

:hilarious

Is It On....
29-03-2018, 02:11 PM
My favourite so far

"Ian Sir, here are some basic rules to follow in order to be accepted on here [Sickback]

1. Never and I mean never be honest

2. Never and I mean never be negative

3. Never be genuine

4. Try to out grief everyone else on all RIP threads

5. Always come across as the most offended at our unsavoury section of our support

6. Never criticise any non-white non Scottish player or you will be a racist

7. Hate Vlad

8. Think every youngster who plays for us is world class

9. Be offended by everything

10. Never and this is the golden one, NEVER at any stage say anything bad about ‘Queen Ann’"

IGRIGI
29-03-2018, 04:18 PM
A Jambo suggest it's a Hibs fan.

That's fair enough, could be someone on the wind up.

However according to him it could be a "nervous Hobo" who's had a read of Bridge's Q&A session.

:greengrin

IGRIGI
29-03-2018, 04:23 PM
1st post on page 4 is Ian's response to the article, it seems 1986 wasn't the last time Levein spoiled himself.

hibbydog
29-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Although poorly set out, irrational and a bit too emotional at times, the post asks some valid questions in my opinion.

jgl07
29-03-2018, 05:11 PM
I might be doing Mr. Kelman a disservice but I have this image of him being the Hertz version of this guy :-
https://youtu.be/3i35obkLO54
He probably just kicks Russian hats and posts it on You Tube.

G B Young
29-03-2018, 05:44 PM
I remember Kelman's letters in the Pink. He wrote in pretty much every week as I recall.

Reading through his kickback post, I actually think he makes some good points and asks several valid questions of Budge's business acumen.

Greentinted
29-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Slightly off topic but I have a wee suspicion that the boy Lawson is the same bloke that posted under the username Irvine Jambo - he of the Bollywood actress missus and other fantastical claims.
Something not quite right with young Shaun (and I say this with a fair degree of empathetic concern as opposed to gleeful derision.)

Peevemor
29-03-2018, 06:05 PM
I remember Kelman's letters in the Pink. He wrote in pretty much every week as I recall.

Reading through his kickback post, I actually think he makes some good points and asks several valid questions of Budge's business acumen.The most remarkable thing on the brokeback thread is that there are only a couple of people acknowledging that he may be making some valid points.

The new stand only partly fulfills it's purpose despite being, as yet, unfinished but already over budget.

As for Levein as DOF/manager - do they honestly think he's been a success?

Pretty Boy
29-03-2018, 06:10 PM
Boy seems like a plum, even more than usual for a Hearts 'fan'.

Has given up on his team, doesn't attend games or make any other meaningful contribution. Not worth listening to.

Edit: The guys parodying Stan by Eminem on the 1st page is genius.

Spike Mandela
29-03-2018, 06:30 PM
He addresses the major flaw I have always felt could scupper Hearts future business plans.

The reliance on FoH pledges is all well and good but just how long will this continue when it is used to fund a mediocre mid table club or worse. Reality is kicking in for a lot of Hearts fans and without their usual slice of spawny luck might just mean lean times ahead for some considerable time.

If we can get our act together and have a well managed period of relative success it might just tip their fans over the edge.

hibby6270
29-03-2018, 07:11 PM

Yeah. Levein was 38 in 2002 when the Scotsman report was written 16 years ago. Levein is 53 now, 54 later this year. The guy who wrote the post is 71 now and was 55 in 2002, so the numbers are right.

SirDavidsNapper
29-03-2018, 07:28 PM
Yeah. Levein was 38 in 2002 when the Scotsman report was written 16 years ago. Levein is 53 now, 54 later this year. The guy who wrote the post is 71 now and was 55 in 2002, so the numbers are right.

Levein must have won a few medals since he was 38

Eyrie
29-03-2018, 07:43 PM
Levein must have won a few medals since he was 38

So far he's doubled his medal count from his playing days. I think he could well treble it by the end of his latest stint as Hearts manager.

WoreTheGreen
29-03-2018, 07:45 PM
So far he's doubled his medal count from his playing days. I think he could well treble it by the end of his latest stint as Hearts manager.

50 meter swim and cycling proficiency

jacomo
29-03-2018, 08:02 PM
A Jambo suggest it's a Hibs fan.

That's fair enough, could be someone on the wind up.

However according to him it could be a "nervous Hobo" who's had a read of Bridge's Q&A session.

:greengrin

After reading Budgie’s plan for world domination, I’m worried.

I’m in my caravan shaking like it’s day 3 of going clean.

Anyone else?

Greentinted
29-03-2018, 08:03 PM

Anyone else?

I’m so upset I’ve just gone and burnt my last spoon! That’ll learn me...

PatHead
29-03-2018, 08:06 PM

Anyone else?

Never lasted 3 days so cannot comment.

Mantis Toboggan
29-03-2018, 08:59 PM
He addresses the major flaw I have always felt could scupper Hearts future business plans.

The reliance on FoH pledges is all well and good but just how long will this continue when it is used to fund a mediocre mid table club or worse. Reality is kicking in for a lot of Hearts fans and without their usual slice of spawny luck might just mean lean times ahead for some considerable time.

If we can get our act together and have a well managed period of relative success it might just tip their fans over the edge.

Correct. Relying on handouts can't be sustainable.