PDA

View Full Version : Team for Saturday

we are hibs
29-03-2018, 09:30 AM
With Marciano and McGinn out and McGeouch and Bartley with question marks over their fitness; what would be your team for saturday?

I'd go:

Bell

Efe
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
McGeouch (if fit)
Allan
Swanson

Kamberi
MacLaren

I'd put Swanson in ahead of Bartley whether he is fit or not. This is the kind of game we need a more forward thinking midfielder as they will be hard to break down. Swanson's last start was against Killie in December (i think?) and he was bright and buzzing about without really doing much but i think he should be given an opportunity over the next couple of games. The rest of the team picks itself really.

2-0 Hibs

chasitup
29-03-2018, 09:38 AM
I wouldn’t have Ambrose at right back in any game.

EH54
29-03-2018, 09:42 AM
Much the same team different shape, 3 at the back, Stevenson & Boyle Wing backs, Midfield 3 of Allan, Dylan and Swanson, Kamberi &
MacLaren up top,

we are hibs
29-03-2018, 09:43 AM

he's played at right back since Whittaker has been injured.

Hibstrooper
29-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Assuming worst case and no Bartley or McGeouch:

Bell

Porteous
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Stevenson

Ambrose
Allan
Swanson

Kamberi
McLaren

I know playing Efe in midfield is a risk however we need steel in midfield, particularly if Allan and Swanson play, and Efe could play that position with the attributes he has.

Jones28
29-03-2018, 10:41 AM
Got to go 3-5-2 surely

eastcoasthibby
29-03-2018, 10:46 AM
I think we will go 3 at the back anyway, with Boyle and Stevenson wing backs, the front twpo pick themselves as.they have done really well since they came in 👍the midfield set up will really depend on whether Dylan is fit or not ..as Allan & Swanson must play ..If Dylan doesn't make it I like the thought of Efe going in there with Porteous in for him...but think Whittaker will slot in to midfield holding role..!!
However we go it will be an attacking line up to play the game.in their half and find gaps ....GGTTH

GlesgaeHibby
29-03-2018, 11:13 AM
he's played at right back since Whittaker has been injured.

RCB for most games recently as part of a back 3 with Boyle at RWB.

J-C
29-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Bell

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
McGeouch
Allan
Swanson
Stevenson

Kamberi
Maclaren

Souter96Mac
30-03-2018, 09:47 AM
Bell

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
McGeouch
Allan
Swanson
Stevenson

Kamberi
Maclaren

This would be my team if Dylan is fit, if not I'd play Whittaker or maybe one of the young lads, Fraser Murray or Ben Stirling.

hfc rd
30-03-2018, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know if both Slivka & Barker will be available or are they still recovering from injury?

J-C
30-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Does anyone know if both Slivka & Barker will be available or are they still recovering from injury?

Both just back doing light stuff apparently, no real date or time.

danhibees1875
30-03-2018, 10:21 AM

Just watched a video of Lennon saying they're both back training on grass along with SDG. Sounded more like it would be Ross county or post-split they'd come back into contention though.

Sounds like Bartley should be back as he was training yesterday and it was a virus rather than an injury. I didn't catch what he said about Dylan - I heard "he's over it" but think that was over the disappointment of missing out on Scotland rather than the injury... hopefully both though.

Billy Whizz
30-03-2018, 03:56 PM
Both just back doing light stuff apparently, no real date or time.

Both have been out for ages. Barker went off injured against rangers on 3rd Feb, so he’s been out almost 2 months. Wonder if he’s had a hamstring injury before, and City have made sure he’s not back, until they are 100% sure about it?

Slivka has been out even longer. Went off injured against Motherwell on 31st January, not sure Hibs have ever confirmed what his injury was, hamstring or calf?
Will be like getting 2 new players back for the run in though!

calumhibee1
30-03-2018, 03:57 PM
Bell

Efe
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Allan
Whittaker in the Bartley role
Swanson
Stevenson

Kamberi
McLaren

If Bartley and Dylan are out. If they’re fit then they come in for Swanson and Whittaker.

GreenCastle
30-03-2018, 03:58 PM

Best right back we have and one of the best performers this season. :agree:

B.H.F.C
30-03-2018, 04:27 PM
Best right back we have and one of the best performers this season. :agree:

Efe in a back 3 or at centre half as a 2 has been superb. Never a right back though.