PDA

View Full Version : When will the post-split fixtures be announced?

Hibbyradge
29-03-2018, 08:16 AM
Our final first phase game is on 7 April and no-one knows who they're playing the following weekend, or when.

If it's a home game I want to come up for it, but it's going to be difficult if fixtures aren't announced until the start of that week.

Billy Whizz
29-03-2018, 08:18 AM
Our final first phase game is on 7 April and no-one knows who they're playing the following weekend, or when.

If it's a home game I want to come up for it, but it's going to be difficult if fixtures aren't announced until the start of that week.

Don’t have a game the following weekend, it’s Scottish Cup semi final weekend
I’m sure if the top 6 is clarified this weekend, they’ll be keen to get them out as soon as possible

Sauzee16
29-03-2018, 08:19 AM
Monday if Hearts confirm their top 6 place this weekend.

Hibbyradge
29-03-2018, 08:21 AM
Don’t have a game the following weekend, it’s Scottish Cup semi final weekend
I’m sure if the top 6 is clarified this weekend, they’ll be keen to get them out as soon as possible

No premiership games on the 14th April weekend?

Thanks Billy.

Billy Whizz
29-03-2018, 08:29 AM
No premiership games on the 14th April weekend?

Thanks Billy.

Probably not strictly true, Killie v Hamilton on 14th, postponed game getting played that day, but no were SPFL fixtures were planned for that day

james62
29-03-2018, 08:32 AM
Monday if Hearts confirm their top 6 place this weekend.

Let's hope we don't find out the fixtures on Monday then :greengrin

GreenCastle
29-03-2018, 08:33 AM

Usual farce every year - they always seem to leave it late.

Also very possible we are off to Ibrox for 3rd time this season..

Eric
29-03-2018, 08:36 AM
With 33 fixtures played by the split the remaining fixture schedule is:

34 - Apr 21 weekend
35 - Apr 28 weekend
36 - May 5 weekend
37 - May 9 midweek
38 - May12 weekend

davhibby
29-03-2018, 08:36 AM
The first post split games are the weekend of the 21st. If the top 6 is confirmed this weekend then hopefully they'd sort it out next week

Billy Whizz
29-03-2018, 08:40 AM
With 33 fixtures played by the split the remaining fixture schedule is:

34 - Apr 21 weekend
35 - Apr 28 weekend
36 - May 5 weekend
37 - May 9 midweek
38 - May12 weekend

Our last game will probably be Sunday 13th May, bottom 6 usually play on the Saturday, top 6 on the Sunday, on the last round of fixtures

EH54
29-03-2018, 08:47 AM
There is going to be some backlash when the fixtures are announced with the prospect of teams playing a uneven amount of home games and having to travel to Ibrox 3 times.

Sauzee16
29-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Let's hope we don't find out the fixtures on Monday then :greengrin

I can wait :greengrin

Sauzee16
29-03-2018, 09:08 AM
There is going to be some backlash when the fixtures are announced with the prospect of teams playing a uneven amount of home games and having to travel to Ibrox 3 times.

“Teams” being us. We should ask for a split of the gate receipts.

Aim Here
29-03-2018, 09:28 AM
“Teams” being us. We should ask for a split of the gate receipts.

Not necessarily. The fixtures were magically arranged this season so that all 5 non-Rangers teams in the top 6 (assuming Hearts make it) have played 1H 2A versus Rangers, so *everyone* is due to host Rangers at home.

Tynie01011973
29-03-2018, 09:37 AM
Not necessarily. The fixtures were magically arranged this season so that all 5 non-Rangers teams in the top 6 (assuming Hearts make it) have played 1H 2A versus Rangers, so *everyone* is due to host Rangers at home.

Not quite true,as Kilmarnock and us were not expected to make the top 6 given past few years performance.(although given our performances in the cups in recent years not hard to assume we would make top 6).

So Sevco would probably have had away fixtures against St Johnstone and\or Hamilton\Motherwell.

Daydreamer
29-03-2018, 09:46 AM
Usually when the post split fixtures are published the TV fixtures have already been agreed with Sky and BT. So dont be surprised if the midweek set of fixtures when announced there is a live game on the Thursday night before the last Sunday game.

Carheenlea
29-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Not quite true,as Kilmarnock and us were not expected to make the top 6 given past few years performance.(although given our performances in the cups in recent years not hard to assume we would make top 6).

So Sevco would probably have had away fixtures against St Johnstone and\or Hamilton\Motherwell.

Any league where the fixtures are determined on the back of guessing where teams are going to finish is just laughable. It would be bad enough for a social club dominoes league doing so, let alone our Scottish Football authorities adopting similar for the nations top league.

Diclonius
29-03-2018, 11:32 AM
My predictions for the order of the fixtures:

Rangers (H) (or away if the SFA shaft us)
Aberdeen (A)
Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)
Kilmarnock (H)

green&left
29-03-2018, 11:38 AM
My predictions for the order of the fixtures:

Rangers (H) (or away if the SFA shaft us)
Aberdeen (A)
Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)
Kilmarnock (H)

Think it'll be Celtic v Deidco first game after the split, to minimise the chances of Celtic winning the league home to The Rangers.

Daydreamer
29-03-2018, 11:52 AM
Think it'll be Celtic v Deidco first game after the split, to minimise the chances of Celtic winning the league home to The Rangers.

Pretty sure it was just that I read in one of the papers around a month ago (celtic v them on Sunday 22nd April) as the point gap would have meant that Celtic could not have won the league against The rangers with that point difference then. Thats changed now and if things go as planned they could win the league that day. Putting it mildly, the split will be the biggest shambles since this started this season. I will be fuming if we miss out on Europe due to having one less home game. Yes, I know we have played better away but principles.

Bristolhibby
29-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Hibs at Ibrox this season = 6 points from 2 games.
Hibs at ER v Huns this season = 0 points from 1 game.

Let’s do them at Ipox one more time!

J

SirDavidsNapper
29-03-2018, 01:46 PM

Another reason the spit is a farce. People can't plan, clubs can't sell tickets in advance etc. Can't stand it.

hibsboy07
29-03-2018, 02:10 PM

Has it not already been stated that the bigot derby will be played on the 22nd April

Daydreamer
29-03-2018, 02:13 PM
Has it not already been stated that the bigot derby will be played on the 22nd April

Read my earlier post:agree:

1van Sprou7e
29-03-2018, 02:36 PM

J

Have we ever won at Ibrox 3 times in one season?

SteveHFC
29-03-2018, 02:50 PM
Aberdeen away last game of the season for me. The winner gets 3rd place.

lord bunberry
29-03-2018, 03:13 PM
How much of a financial hit will it be for us to lose a home game to rangers? It’s an absolute joke that we are almost certainly going to play 20 away and 18 home. When you consider we are challenging rangers for second place, the potential cost could run into hundreds of thousands. What’s the difference in prize money for second, third and fourth?

danhibees1875
29-03-2018, 03:21 PM
How much of a financial hit will it be for us to lose a home game to rangers? It’s an absolute joke that we are almost certainly going to play 20 away and 18 home. When you consider we are challenging rangers for second place, the potential cost could run into hundreds of thousands. What’s the difference in prize money for second, third and fourth?

7k walk-up fans at £20 average (roughly) = £140k alone.
Prize money is probably that again, at least for 2nd to 3rd. Although harder to argue this one was actually effected by fixture imbalances.

Could be looking at 300k - not considering if there is a different round of Euro's we'd enter.

300k is 2 good first team players for a year.

Gmack7
29-03-2018, 03:28 PM

2nd surely

lord bunberry
29-03-2018, 03:57 PM
7k walk-up fans at £20 average (roughly) = £140k alone.
Prize money is probably that again, at least for 2nd to 3rd. Although harder to argue this one was actually effected by fixture imbalances.

Could be looking at 300k - not considering if there is a different round of Euro's we'd enter.

300k is 2 good first team players for a year.
What a joke that is. We should be demanding compensation for it.

Mikey
31-03-2018, 05:40 PM
If Hearts win tomorrow the top six is confirmed. I'd expect the fixtures to be announced pretty quickly.

Hibbyradge
31-03-2018, 05:43 PM

That would be amazing.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2018, 05:45 PM
If Hearts win tomorrow the top six is confirmed. I'd expect the fixtures to be announced pretty quickly.

I’m still hoping Dundee beat them, and gives Motherwell an extra incentive to beat Aberdeen on Tuesday, and take it to the following weekend

SON OF PADDY
31-03-2018, 07:30 PM

J

Bring it on ! 🇳🇬 🇳🇬 🇳🇬

SON OF PADDY
31-03-2018, 07:32 PM
I’m still hoping Dundee beat them, and gives Motherwell an extra incentive to beat Aberdeen on Tuesday, and take it to the following weekend

That would be brilliant !

31-03-2018, 07:42 PM
Hertz have a pretty good record at Dens though, especially when Levein is involved......

Billy Whizz
31-03-2018, 07:42 PM
Hertz have a pretty good record at Dens though, especially when Levein is involved......

Can’t remenber that, what happened

31-03-2018, 07:44 PM

They won the league there due to a commanding performance from CL, who battled through illness to play, then went on to win the cup the next week.

WoreTheGreen
31-03-2018, 07:45 PM

He can’t either he was involved with shanks of barrhead

3pm
31-03-2018, 07:46 PM

Might wait til after the midweek games to see when Celtic can win the league.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2018, 07:52 PM
Might wait til after the midweek games to see when Celtic can win the league.

They’ve already said Celtic v Rangers is 1st game after the split. Celtic could win it that day, dependent on results this week
Certainly don’t want it at Hibs. We could really do with playing them after they’ve won it

3pm
31-03-2018, 07:57 PM
They’ve already said Celtic v Rangers is 1st game after the split. Celtic could win it that day, dependent on results this week
Certainly don’t want it at Hibs. We could really do with playing them after they’ve won it

Wasn’t aware of that, surprised though.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2018, 08:01 PM
Wasn’t aware of that, surprised though.

Im sure they planned it, thinking that Celtic would win it after they play them. Might bit them in the bum now

3pm
31-03-2018, 08:02 PM
Im sure they planned it, thinking that Celtic would win it after they play them. Might bit them in the bum now

Let’s hope so. Would be amusing.

BlackSheep
01-04-2018, 05:58 PM
I’m guessing we have to wait til motherwells game mid week before any announcement now??

Mathematically they can still oust hearts from 6th.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2018, 06:04 PM
I’m guessing we have to wait til motherwells game mid week before any announcement now??

Mathematically they can still oust hearts from 6th.

We will. Would be funny if they included Hearts, and then they were pipped on goal difference

davhibby
01-04-2018, 06:15 PM
I think we'll play celtic at ER first game. They'll have changed their minds about playing the OF game that weekend now

Mikey09
01-04-2018, 07:15 PM

J

And we miss out on a huge gate at home? Its like Sunday league stuff. Pathetic and a complete embarrassment.

ballengeich
01-04-2018, 09:46 PM

The loser gets 3rd place would be better.

Carheenlea
02-04-2018, 03:50 PM
After accumulating a bumper pay day on the back of giving Rangers a huge swathe of tickets for Murrayfield, sending them to Ibrox for a third trip would be fairer all round.

Eyrie
02-04-2018, 06:26 PM
After accumulating a bumper pay day on the back of giving Rangers a huge swathe of tickets for Murrayfield, sending them to Ibrox for a third trip would be fairer all round.

Given that we are still competing with Sevco for second place then sporting integrity requires that they visit Easter Road. Hearts season will be over after the split as they are unlikely to catch Kilmarnock for fifth so won't be at a sporting disadvantage if they have to go to Ibrox for a third time.

Carheenlea
02-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Given that we are still competing with Sevco for second place then sporting integrity requires that they visit Easter Road. Hearts season will be over after the split as they are unlikely to catch Kilmarnock for fifth so won't be at a sporting disadvantage if they have to go to Ibrox for a third time.

Thinking about your point about us competing with Rangers - Rangers are probably more likely to drop points at Tynecastle as opposed to a home game against Hearts at Ibrox, which would obviously be benificial for us :dizzy:
Whole set up’s a bit of a farce all round really.

Jack Hackett
02-04-2018, 07:33 PM
Thinking about your point about us competing with Rangers - Rangers are probably more likely to drop points at Tynecastle as opposed to a home game against Hearts at Ibrox, which would obviously be benificial for us :dizzy:
Whole set up’s a bit of a farce all round really.

The Rangers have suffered 7 of their 9 defeats at home.

Steve-O
03-04-2018, 02:33 AM
What a joke that is. We should be demanding compensation for it.

We are part of the SPFL and have signed up to this nonsense.