PDA

View Full Version : James Forrest

brog
27-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Is it just me or is he the most over rated player in Scotland? The commentators continually say he's having a great season & talk about his superb goalscoring record. He's actually scored 7 league goals & only 1 was against a current Top 6 side, Killie early on when they were keek. Personally I don't think he should be anywhere near the Scotland team.

cabbageandribs1875
27-03-2018, 08:09 PM
nope not just yourself, i've been saying he's mucho over rated for a few years now

jax67
27-03-2018, 08:12 PM
Never an international.

Sammy7nil
27-03-2018, 08:12 PM
I think he is a decent player but yes he is over rated he often flatters to deceive and there is liitlle longterm consistency. For what its worth I thought he was going to be great about five years ago.

gaz1875
27-03-2018, 08:15 PM
Thought he was blowing out his erse early 2nd half and should have been subbed much earlier than he was.

bingo70
27-03-2018, 08:18 PM
Think he’s quite good and worth his place in the squad.

Would rather him in the team than someone that’s there just because they play in the English championship.

ekhibee
27-03-2018, 08:21 PM
I think he is a decent player but yes he is over rated he often flatters to deceive and there is liitlle longterm consistency. For what its worth I thought he was going to be great about five years ago.
This. When he first came on the scene I thought he'd be a great player, but IMO it's never really happened. The commentators are going on about how great he's been this season but the reality is that if Roberts hadn't been injured Forrest would struggle to get a game. Just my opinion though. I also work beside somebody who went to school with him and they said he was a tosser, a real Billy Bigbaws.

Pretty Boy
27-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Decent player. He's quick and runs a lot so the type that gets you out your seat, final ball lets him down too often.

He's a bit like Martin Boyle except playing at a higher level a few times a season.

we are hibs
27-03-2018, 08:26 PM
he is absolutely ***** and has been his whole "international career".

Libby Hibby
27-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Martin Boyle is a better player

Smartie
27-03-2018, 08:31 PM
Decent player. He's quick and runs a lot so the type that gets you out your seat, final ball lets him down too often.

He's a bit like Martin Boyle except playing at a higher level a few times a season.

Pretty much exactly how I see it.

Raw pace is a threat at any level, and he's certainly quick.

I don't think he's any better than Boyle, in fact I think Boyle is now the better player.

Forrest has been consistently poor for Scotland.

calumhibee1
27-03-2018, 08:34 PM

Would rather him in the team than someone that’s there just because they play in the English championship.

Agreed, he’s a good player. As much as I like Martin Boyle I’d swap the two of them without thinking twice.

brog
27-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Glad its not just me!

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Agreed, he’s a good player. As much as I like Martin Boyle I’d swap the two of them without thinking twice.

I don't think there's much in it now, i don't see Forrest much, but an in form Boyle in my opinion is quicker and more direct.

Both are not the best at crossing the ball, but i think the celtic man can pick a pass better to feet.

Cat Stanton
27-03-2018, 08:45 PM
Is it just me or is he the most over rated player in Scotland? The commentators continually say he's having a great season & talk about his superb goalscoring record. He's actually scored 7 league goals & only 1 was against a current Top 6 side, Killie early on when they were keek. Personally I don't think he should be anywhere near the Scotland team.

The neckless wonder. Mince whenever I have seen him against decent (international) competition.

(Although Hungary weren't decent and he was mince tonight also).

CockneyRebel
27-03-2018, 09:25 PM

As against someone getting a game just because he plays for Sellick?

SteveHFC
27-03-2018, 09:27 PM
he is absolutely ***** and has been his whole "international career".
:aok:

bingo70
27-03-2018, 09:46 PM
As against someone getting a game just because he plays for Sellick?

Celtic are a good side though so it stands to reason if he’s playing for them regularly he must have something about him.

Majority of teams in the English championship are poor imo, even if they are overhyped and have ridiculous valuations attached to them due to the bonkers transfer market down south.

Thecat23
27-03-2018, 09:49 PM
I think he’s a good player, maybe he gets hyped up more than he should but that’s not his fault it’s the usual weegie media bigging him up. But overall I rate him.

WeeRussell
27-03-2018, 09:56 PM
He’s apparently been decent this season, but aye in general I’ve never thought he’s all that and always thought we must have better options for Scotland given some of the talent we’ve got going forward in recent years.

However, although he’s not as fast, he can definitely pass and shoot better than Martin Boyle.

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2018, 10:06 PM
I think he’s brilliant.

Just getting this in for when this thread’s dredged up in a couple of years after we sign him on loan.

TrinityHibs
27-03-2018, 10:23 PM
If we signed him he would play every week. I think he is a decent player.

Sauzee16
27-03-2018, 11:32 PM
There’s actually people being serious saying squirrel is a better footballer than James Forrest aye?

Sauzee16
27-03-2018, 11:32 PM
If we signed him he would play every week. I think he is a decent player.

If we signed him he would be our best player by miles.

Tobias Funke
27-03-2018, 11:41 PM
There’s actually people being serious saying squirrel is a better footballer than James Forrest aye?

Its their opinion and they are allowed to state it. I disagree with it however, as much as Forrest is overrated he is a better player than Boyle, far better finisher.

Tobias Funke
27-03-2018, 11:42 PM
If we signed him he would be our best player by miles.

Miles better than Allan? McGinn? Don’t be so bloody ridiculous!

shetlandhibee
28-03-2018, 12:19 AM
one thing that lets them both down is they are so one footed.. clear chances in box is turned to the right foot chance gone! forrest has improved on that a bit this season and scored a few with his left, so forrest is slightly better IMO ,but if boyle gets a bit more composure in the box and works on left foot finishing boyle would be better player all day long much quicker..:agree:

WeeRussell
28-03-2018, 03:48 AM
one thing that lets them both down is they are so one footed.. clear chances in box is turned to the right foot chance gone! forrest has improved on that a bit this season and scored a few with his left, so forrest is slightly better IMO ,but if boyle gets a bit more composure in the box and works on left foot finishing boyle would be better player all day long much quicker..:agree:

I don’t think Boyle will ever be a better player than Forrest, for all he’s been a good servent for us.

I'm_cabbaged
28-03-2018, 04:30 AM
I think he’s brilliant.

Just getting this in for when this thread’s dredged up in a couple of years after we sign him on loan.

😂😂

California-Hibs
28-03-2018, 05:19 AM
Good player.

calumhibee1
28-03-2018, 05:41 AM

I don’t agree he’s miles better but I think the fact Forrest has played not a kick in the arse off 300 games by 26 at Celtic says a lot. I love Allan but Forrest is easily better.

Waxy
28-03-2018, 05:53 AM
Decent player but i’d rather watch Martin Boyle every time.

brog
28-03-2018, 07:35 AM
Some interesting comments, thanks. As ever with Hibs Net however the conversation has evolved & now seems mainly to be is he a better player than Boyler. My original thought was Forrest is extremely over rated. I started this because every time I see him on TV the commentator feels obliged to mention he's having a great season & is a contender for POTY. He was a shoo in until a few weeks ago apparently! I'm really running my 1 man Rage Against The Machine campaign to stop him getting POTY! :wink:
Anyway, thanks for comments
PS, I believe incredibly that 6 of Forrest's 7 league goals have been scored against Partick & Hamilton. Was told this by a Celtc friend who thinks JF is a waste of a jersey.

Sauzee16
28-03-2018, 07:38 AM

That’s the same Allan that belongs to the same club but will never get a look in? If McGinn is as good then Celtic will pay him wages compatible if they bid for him. As Scottish people we love to shoot down our own for club players.

Bobby's Cinema
28-03-2018, 07:40 AM
Scores a good number of important goals.

Boyle who is so important for us and has big potential, still behind him on end product the stats would tell you that

Stokesy's on fire
28-03-2018, 07:46 AM
James Forrest is having a brilliant season for Celtic and offers a real goal threat. I didn't think he was at his best last night but I hope he continues to be selected for international duty.

Smartie
28-03-2018, 08:11 AM
I always groan when I see him in the Scotland team, but I always see him as a big threat when he comes up against Hibs for Celtic.

calumhibee1
28-03-2018, 08:12 AM
James Forrest is having a brilliant season for Celtic and offers a real goal threat. I didn't think he was at his best last night but I hope he continues to be selected for international duty.

I didn’t see the game last night but was he not playing as a striker? If he was then no wonder he didn’t have a good game.

MyJo
28-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Decent enough player but I can’t get past the fact he has no neck, runs like a drag queen and wears shorts that are about 3 sizes too small.

brog
28-03-2018, 01:58 PM

This was why I started the thread. This seems to have become a Scottish football fact that JF is having a brilliant season but it's not really backed up by the facts. My Celtc friend complains about JC continually & says he goes missing in big games & that is backed up by the facts. JF has never scored for Scotland & he's never scored against The Rangers. This season he has 7 league goals & 6 came against the bottom 3 clubs. The other was against Killie. He only has 2 league assists this season. I know I'm tempting fate with this thread but I do believe he's vastly overrated. Mind you on recent evidence we could say the same about McTominay & Cairney!

HappyAsHellas
28-03-2018, 02:06 PM
slightly above average player who will be dropped like a stone when Roberts is fit again. McGeady mkII but not as good.

Just to be clear I never really rated McGeady.