PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: DOUBLE HEADER AGAINST CELTIC NEXT WEEK

RSS Bot
27-03-2018, 10:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8539)

Pretty Boy
27-03-2018, 10:31 AM
Midday KO on the Thursday is disappointing.

Was hoping for an evening game so I could go. Would imagine there would have been a decent crowd if it hadn't have been during working hours for a lot of people.

Carheenlea
27-03-2018, 11:01 AM

Was hoping for an evening game so I could go. Would imagine there would have been a decent crowd if it hadn't have been during working hours for a lot of people.

Agree. I would like to see the u/20’s not only for this game, but have the chance to see them on a more regular basis with evening KO’s. The numbers attending probably don’t justify any change, and they maybe get as many during the day than they would at night or weekends. In this instance however, an evening KO might have sparked a bit more interest from those who work the traditional 9-5.

27-03-2018, 11:35 AM

Agree. Youth Cup games used to be played at Easter Rd as well.
Cup Semi Final at the Training Centre at 12noon does nothing to help promote the U20's.
This was an opportunity to let supporters see the next generation of Hibs players.

Geo_1875
27-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Agree. Youth Cup games used to be played at Easter Rd as well.
Cup Semi Final at the Training Centre at 12noon does nothing to help promote the U20's.
This was an opportunity to let supporters see the next generation of Hibs players.

It's not just down to Hibs though. Their opponents and and the league have a say in kick-off times.

27-03-2018, 12:19 PM
It's not just down to Hibs though. Their opponents and and the league have a say in kick-off times.

So Celtic and the SFA (it's the cup not the league) would rather the game be played at the training centre than Easter Rd. Don't think so.
Decision not to play at Easter Road is down to Hibs. If it has to be at 12noon it should at least be played at Easter Rd. Previous home games have.

CropleyWasGod
27-03-2018, 05:58 PM
So Celtic and the SFA (it's the cup not the league) would rather the game be played at the training centre than Easter Rd. Don't think so.
Decision not to play at Easter Road is down to Hibs. If it has to be at 12noon it should at least be played at Easter Rd. Previous home games have.Is there an argument that it's better for the development of the young guys if the number of spectators is restricted? ie better to play without the pressure of screaming eejit fans? [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

overdrive
27-03-2018, 06:18 PM
Is there an argument that it's better for the development of the young guys if the number of spectators is restricted? ie better to play without the pressure of screaming eejit fans? [emoji4]

Alternatively for the development of the young guys they need to be exposed to the pressure of screaming eejit fans at some point to make it easier to deal with when they get into first team football :wink:

JimBHibees
29-03-2018, 07:29 AM
Is there an argument that it's better for the development of the young guys if the number of spectators is restricted? ie better to play without the pressure of screaming eejit fans? [emoji4]

Maybe Hibs are trying to protect the pitch. 2 home games in 4 days weather depending may cut up badly probably the reason they don't want another one on it.