PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: KEVIN MILNE RESIGNS AS HEAD COACH

RSS Bot
26-03-2018, 01:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8536)

hibbyfraelibby
26-03-2018, 02:00 PM
What's behind this? Is he going back to the Juniors?

SouthMoroccoStu
26-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Hmmmmm Odd one

Brightside
26-03-2018, 02:28 PM
I'm sure all will come out in the wash. But our signings have been uninspiring and Glasgow will win the league again almost by default.

MB62
26-03-2018, 02:44 PM
I'm sure all will come out in the wash. But our signings have been uninspiring and Glasgow will win the league again almost by default.

Without knowing ANYTHING about this or having seen the3 girls this season, I thought their results were a bit surprising, or at least the margin of them anyway. Still have a 100% record so far and in the semi-final of the cup, so not doing too badly.

A strange one this though and has a whiff of something not being right.

seanshow
26-03-2018, 03:44 PM
According to media, he thinks someone else can do a better job, and has a newborn to take into account regarding time and demands.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/kevin-milne-explains-his-shock-resignation-as-hibs-ladies-boss-1-4713135

Brightside
26-03-2018, 04:24 PM
You get paid buttons and are expected to put in a hell of a lot of time and commitment. Other coaches in the past have been able to do it alongside SFA paid work, but its still very poorly paid. We will struggle to get decent coaches in for the role....especially when we arent doing anything to attract better talent.

Gregor
27-03-2018, 10:33 AM
You get paid buttons and are expected to put in a hell of a lot of time and commitment. Other coaches in the past have been able to do it alongside SFA paid work, but its still very poorly paid. We will struggle to get decent coaches in for the role....especially when we arent doing anything to attract better talent.

I wondered - after Chris moved on - if Joelle was interested in the job, but it could be a tricky situation (Sauzee-esque some might say) moving from Captain to Manager ; or more likely in her case, Player Manager. It's a massive change in the relationships you have with your former fellow players.

That said, Lisa has shown herself to be an excellent Captain - she's been waiting in the wings and bleeds green ; so perhaps not such a massive step for the team.

Onwards and upwards.

hibbyfraelibby
27-03-2018, 12:22 PM
I wondered - after Chris moved on - if Joelle was interested in the job, but it could be a tricky situation (Sauzee-esque some might say) moving from Captain to Manager ; or more likely in her case, Player Manager. It's a massive change in the relationships you have with your former fellow players.

That said, Lisa has shown herself to be an excellent Captain - she's been waiting in the wings and bleeds green ; so perhaps not such a massive step for the team.

Onwards and upwards.
Joelle and Lisa working together to manage the team until the end of the season may not be a bad idea. Give them the chance.

Brightside
27-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Joelle and Lisa working together to manage the team until the end of the season may not be a bad idea. Give them the chance.

I think Joelle may well be offered the role alongside her full time job with Hibs Community. It would certainly go against everything they have looked for in the past as you would be putting someone in the job with no senior coaching experience. But it wouldn't cost them anything which seems to be the way they are going.

I would be trying to get Eddie Black into the role ex Glasgow City and currently Motherwell. Knows the womens game inside out.

flash
27-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Should be a woman.

oldbutdim
27-03-2018, 02:53 PM
Should be a woman.

Make sure you are absolutely certain.
Once they've snipped your bits, I'd imagine it's too late to change your mind.

No sure how relevant this is to the thread though.

flash
27-03-2018, 03:01 PM

Just thought if I was I might get the job.

hibbyfraelibby
27-03-2018, 03:03 PM
I think Joelle may well be offered the role alongside her full time job with Hibs Community. It would certainly go against everything they have looked for in the past as you would be putting someone in the job with no senior coaching experience. But it wouldn't cost them anything which seems to be the way they are going.

I would be trying to get Eddie Black into the role ex Glasgow City and currently Motherwell. Knows the womens game inside out.

The woman's game is progressing but it needs to take the next step up and progress top players into senior coaching roles.

matty_f
27-03-2018, 03:37 PM

Quality!! :faf:

Brightside
27-03-2018, 03:38 PM
The woman's game is progressing but it needs to take the next step up and progress top players into senior coaching roles.

When they are ready - i agree 100%. But exactly the same as the mens game people shouldnt be jumping in just because they have played at a certain level. There has to be example of experience and ability.

Gregor
27-03-2018, 04:10 PM
When they are ready - i agree 100%. But exactly the same as the mens game people shouldnt be jumping in just because they have played at a certain level. There has to be example of experience and ability.

Glasgow City have - IMO - gone backwards since Scott Booth came along. Either that, or Hibs and (to a lesser extent) Celtic have caught up. Chris Roberts has to take a lot of credit for this. It's a shame he moved on, but you can appreciate him wanting to link up again with Willie Kirk.

If Eddie Black is fit and well again, willing to travel (and Motherwell agree to his release) then that would be tremendous. His time at City was pivotal to their current lofty position.

SirDavidsNapper
27-03-2018, 04:29 PM
I've heard Ian Cathros looking for work

ancient hibee
27-03-2018, 07:14 PM

No need for snips.Just self identify as a woman.

Danderhall Hibs
28-03-2018, 07:14 AM

:hilarious