PDA

View Full Version : Bigggest regret following Hibernian

Sauzee16
25-03-2018, 06:50 PM
Joining on from the other themes recently, what’s everyone’s biggest regret watching Hibs?

Mines is leaving at half time in the 4-3 Semi Final. Got back into Glasgow city centre and it was 3-3, still went wild mind.

SRHibs
25-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Not taking the day off work after the final. Had to head straight back to Newcastle after the game. Still, I was privileged enough to actually be at the game.

Broken Gnome
25-03-2018, 06:56 PM
Weighing up whether my 20 quid would go on the Hibs-Rangers game in October 2000 or to keep it for Hearts the week after.

Plumped for the former. Worth it at the time. View had changed by the 22nd.

Sir David Gray
25-03-2018, 07:02 PM
Not taking a few sick days from work so I could go to Copenhagen in July 2016.

CraigHibee
25-03-2018, 07:15 PM
Not pulling a sickie the day after we gubbed them 6-2, me and another hibby mate from work headed straight into town on the Sunday night and got steamboat, started off in the subway then ended up in revolution until closing time, got home about 4am for an 8am start on the Monday and when I woke up (after having what felt like about an hours sleep) I could still taste vodka 😂

My mate pulled a sickie but I managed to scrape myself into work for a day that felt like it would never end 😂

Bristolhibby
25-03-2018, 07:15 PM
Joining on from the other themes recently, what’s everyone’s biggest regret watching Hibs?

Mines is leaving at half time in the 4-3 Semi Final. Got back into Glasgow city centre and it was 3-3, still went wild mind.

That was my biggest regret (I also left at HT).

That was until I went to my wife’s best friends wedding on 21/05/16. 😱

I think anyone who wasn’t there at the Final and could have been, that tops the pile of regrets.

J

Diclonius
25-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Accidentally booking a holiday without realising I'd miss a derby at ER (won 2-0) and the Scottish Cup semi against Falkirk (the one we lost). Was gutted about the first one (I'd never seen us beat them by more than one goal), not so much about the second.

IGRIGI
25-03-2018, 07:25 PM
The game under Mixu near the end of his time as manager were we went down to 10 men leaving us open at RB, ball never went out of play for a sub and the team we were (I guess UTD) scored from play on our right side.

I remember going off my heid at Mixu as feelings boiled over from how his time with us was going, saying quite a few unsavoury things which I regret given his time with us as a player.

I was FF Upper so I'm glad he couldn't hear :greengrin

erin go bragh
25-03-2018, 07:28 PM
Joining the first turnstile que at Hampden for the 91 cup final , then the feeling of despair as all the turnstiles started closing ike falling dominos.
Locked out with thousands of others :(

Lancs Harp
25-03-2018, 07:34 PM
Coming up for my first match in 1999 and not coming up regularly until 2013/14, Hibernian FC is simply different from any other club. Might be hard to see that if you've followed Hibs all your life or not from Leith, but it is.

Magnifique
25-03-2018, 07:39 PM

Emigrating end March 2016 then we win the Scottish Cup 7 weeks later. You could not make it up.

But by hell did a little suburb to the north of Toronto know about it.

Lancs Harp
25-03-2018, 07:42 PM
Emigrating end March 2016 then we win the Scottish Cup 7 weeks later. You could not make it up.

But by hell did a little suburb to the north of Toronto know about it.

Thats tough fella. :wink:

:flag:

baggio70
25-03-2018, 07:52 PM
Not being old enough to go to Anderlecht😡

SouthMoroccoStu
25-03-2018, 07:54 PM
Left my wife in Madrid (on our honeymoon) to fly back for the 2012 cup final vs hearts

Not my best decision

Lancs Harp
25-03-2018, 07:55 PM
Really wanted to go to Copenhagen last year too, but for various reasons could not. Hopefully next year.

California-Hibs
25-03-2018, 07:56 PM
Being ‘financially sensible’ while buying a house and deciding not to come over for the Scottish Cup Final as I had came over for the League Cup Final a few months before.

Absolutely gutting.

Lancs Harp
25-03-2018, 07:57 PM
Left my wife in Madrid (on our honeymoon) to fly back for the 2012 cup final vs hearts

Not my best decision

Imagine if we'd have won though? We make these decisions in life.

Sir David Gray
25-03-2018, 07:59 PM
Being ‘financially sensible’ while buying a house and deciding not to come over for the Scottish Cup Final as I had came over for the League Cup Final a few months before.

Absolutely gutting.

You live in California, you could have kipped down at the beach for a few months. :greengrin

A Hi-Bee
25-03-2018, 08:02 PM
No regrets, no tears goodbye!

Lancs Harp
25-03-2018, 08:03 PM
You live in California, you could have kipped down at the beach for a few months. :greengrin

Living in California he could have bought the result :greengrin

Sammy7nil
25-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Left the pink bus shelter at 2-0 McBride scored two in the last five mins. Only found out at about 10:15 in the pub when I asked a none to happy looking jambo the score. No mobiles or wall to wall media coverage in those days. Could not believe it.

Lancs Harp
25-03-2018, 08:12 PM
I should have gone on the pitch and battered Lee Wallace for real. :wink:

Yes Im joking. .ish

Babyshamble
25-03-2018, 08:18 PM
Going back to work at 6am after getting back from Anderlecht at 1am.was like a burst couch.great nite tho.

Just Jimmy
25-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Not having any 'hibs mates' down here. It's pretty crap tbh.

I don't have a single regret. Being a hibs supporter is an absolute privilege. Fans of other clubs can only dream about what we experience. Even the big clubs don't get it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Time For Heroes
25-03-2018, 08:26 PM
Had a date and refused a ticket for the 6-2 game 🙈
Got 2 results that night I suppose 😂😂😂

hibby6270
25-03-2018, 08:37 PM

Absolutely gutting.

Sad I know. I feel for you.
But we would never have seen THAT video with the classic unforgettable quote:

“Kxxxx - I’ve waited 28 years for this, you’ve only had to wait 9 months. There’s a guy there who’s 106”

Brilliant!! Just brilliant!! :greengrin

West lower
25-03-2018, 09:12 PM

I missed Gordon Hunter scoring to end the 22 in a row. I was standing having a pee in that excuse for a bog in the Georgie road end when the place erupted. Suede boots took a soaking as I tried to rush out to see the celebrations.

Mr White
25-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Not ever making it to the Alamo Bar in Paisley :grr:

houstonhibbee
25-03-2018, 09:15 PM

Absolutely gutting.

Ha ha I did the same 😂
Came over for the LCF and didn't bother for SCF

Pretty Boy
25-03-2018, 09:23 PM
Missing the 6-2 game. Played on a Sunday at the time so didn't have a ST. Decided not to go and watched it on the TV.

matty_f
25-03-2018, 09:23 PM
Had a date and refused a ticket for the 6-2 game 🙈
Got 2 results that night I suppose 😂😂😂

I missed 6-2 for a date as well, had intended to go to the game but ended up drinking all day, got back to my flat and my Jambo flatmate had his family round to watch it on TV.

I watched it with them while my girlfriend slept off the drink.

Also missed AEK Athens for a date.

What a fud.

Stantons Angel
25-03-2018, 09:28 PM
My biggest regret was Pat Stanton leaving Hibs.

To this day i hve never forgiven Eddie Turnbull for that!!

hibee_girl
25-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Not going to hampden for the rangers semi final that we won on penalties. I’ve luckily managed to be at all the other big games.

Strangely I regret not being there when we were relegated, it felt wrong watching it in a pub on holiday. Just felt like we needed to be there.

hibby6270
25-03-2018, 09:45 PM
For all that has been said about the game, the atmosphere, the drama - missing the AEK Athens game in Sep 2001. Was in America for 3 weeks celebrating a ‘special’ wedding anniversary. Trip had been booked months in advance.

SuperAllyMcleod
25-03-2018, 09:49 PM
I missed 6-2 for a date as well, had intended to go to the game but ended up drinking all day, got back to my flat and my Jambo flatmate had his family round to watch it on TV.

I watched it with them while my girlfriend slept off the drink.

What a fud.

I’d have thought watching 6-2 with a room full of Jambos would be quite entertaining but I can see you would probably prefer to be at the game.

As a seven year old I told my dad that it was too cold to go to the match that day - 1/1/73 - what an idiot! He went though.

Ryan91
25-03-2018, 09:49 PM
Not really sure I have many big regrets as a Hibby, attending the 2012 SCF is something I am not fond of and have mostly purged from my memory (thanks in large part to 21.05.16 and the events following)

Real Emerald
25-03-2018, 10:36 PM

Absolutely gutting.
Were you not the guy who posted the video watching the last few minutes of the final with wife and bairn in the USA going mental? Being at the final and the after celebrations will never be bettered but your video, if it is you, is legendary 👍

lugz
25-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Not really sure I have many big regrets as a Hibby, attending the 2012 SCF is something I am not fond of and have mostly purged from my memory (thanks in large part to 21.05.16 and the events following)

This is mine choosing to go to the SCF rather than going to Munich for the champs league final, had package all arranged and tickets in the Chelsea end.

snooky
25-03-2018, 10:53 PM
Biggest regret is there was never a snawba's chance in hell of me ever being good enough to live the dream. :ill:

Haymaker
25-03-2018, 11:28 PM
Giving up box seats at the Allianz for the bayern vs Chelsea CLF to watch us in the scf.

Austinho
25-03-2018, 11:34 PM
League Cup Final v Ross County 2016. Was moving to New Zealand, and arrived in Auckland the day of the game. Match kicked off around 4am, and had to watch on my laptop. I decided to pay for the fanciest hotel I could find, with the best WiFi available. Bought lots of caffeine and energy products, a full range of breakfast items, and a bottle of champagne to celebrate with on my own if we won. Set several alarms to make sure I didn’t miss any of the pre match build up. Somehow I either slept though them all for 2 hours straight, accidentally had the phone on silent, or let the battery die. Either way, I woke up just in time to see we were 1-0 down and only saw Fontaine hit the bar with the last kick of the game.

Biggest regret wasn’t missing the game, it was bothering about it in the first place! On the plus side, the idea of missing two cup finals in one season was inexcusable, so it gave me the incentive to make it back to see us lift the Scottish Cup!

Frazerbob
26-03-2018, 12:25 AM
Not going to the Trinidad tour

matty_f
26-03-2018, 01:05 AM
I’d have thought watching 6-2 with a room full of Jambos would be quite entertaining but I can see you would probably prefer to be at the game.

As a seven year old I told my dad that it was too cold to go to the match that day - 1/1/73 - what an idiot! He went though.

To be fair, it was very entertaining. :greengrin

edinburghhibee
26-03-2018, 02:11 AM
Missing 21/5/16 [emoji25]

Got married on the 18th May and left for a ****ing mini moon as she called it on the Friday.

I remember saying to her on the Thursday night “I’ve a feeling we’ll do it this year you be okay if I get the Monday flight out and meet you” she had the look that would kill.

I went on the holiday watched it in a pub of mostly Man Utd fans who couldn’t give a flying one. As soon as final whistle went bar tried changing it to the fa cup.

Wasn’t the same [emoji24] and hearing all you lucky beggars singing “when the hibs went up to lift the scottish cup I was there” doesn’t help 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
26-03-2018, 05:04 AM
Left the pink bus shelter at 2-0 McBride scored two in the last five mins. Only found out at about 10:15 in the pub when I asked a none to happy looking jambo the score. No mobiles or wall to wall media coverage in those days. Could not believe it.

I stayed that night .... same as the Falkirk semi :greengrin

And to the bitter end on 2012 :boo hoo:

NAE NOOKIE
26-03-2018, 05:12 AM
Cant say I have any regrets following Hibs .... best I can come up with is the day me and my mates went to watch Liverpool play Crystal Palace instead of Greenock to watch Hibs play Morton. I found the Liverpool game an utter borefest as Palace, who were top of the league at the time, played like a rabbit caught in the headlights .... they looked terrified running out the tunnel.

calumhibee1
26-03-2018, 05:40 AM
Genuinely don’t have any. The closest I could come was not going to the Barcelona friendly because I had football training, but that’s more down to not having seen Messi.

Dashing Bob S
26-03-2018, 06:10 AM
We stopped at seven

jakedance
26-03-2018, 06:43 AM
There’s not been many. I missed the AEK game (was listening on a radio whilst decorating my new flat) and the 6-2 derby (watched it in the pub, I think I was broke). I had to go abroad so missed the Ross County final, no regrets there though.

A mate of mine didn’t go the THE cup final for no better reason than he couldn’t much be arsed and had been hurt too many times before. He doesn’t go to many games these days but he’s a big enough supporter you’d have expected to see him at that one.

Edit: I also missed us hammering Rangers at Easter Road in the championship. I went to a family event that I could have got out of.

esjorto
26-03-2018, 07:00 AM
Didn't go to Tynie the day Joe Baker scored four in a 4-3 Scottish Cup win. Was in Dunfermline so went instead to Dunfermline cup game instead as I thought Hibs had no chance against a very good Yams team.

Steve-O
26-03-2018, 07:01 AM
Missing the final in 2016, although with a 6 week old baby at the time it was never happening. Followed by watching the game here but having so many pints pre and during the game that Gray’s winner remains a bit of blur!

Missing the 3-0 cup game at Ibrox as I was in Barcelona for a long weekend was a bit annoying too.

Otherwise I can’t think of missing many games where I realistically could’ve gone.

Bishop Hibee
26-03-2018, 07:06 AM
Not seeing us win more trophies given the number of semi finals I’ve seen us play.

Gregor
26-03-2018, 09:01 AM

Was stuck on a Virgin westcoast train on a complete go-slow coming back from Sheffield ; missed the game completely.

But the real regret in this story was the amount of time and effort I put in to getting to ER for the Hibs v Malmo return leg with the fact I missed the AEK game in the back of my mind.

Was down in Southampton for work, it got drawn over into second day. Rattled through was what was supposed to be another all-day meeting at double-pace and finished it at lunchtime, bought an early flight back up to Edinburgh from Southampton, dumped the motor in the co-op at the bottom of Leith Walk (to hell with the parking ticket) and sprinted to ER in my suit and shoes (not made for sprinting ; barely suitable for walking). Got there for the minutes applause for the late, great Lawrie Reilly and witnessed the most horrendous, gut-wrenching, dismal capitulation I have ever seen in my life.

On reflection, thinking back now, the reason I ragged it was in order to get there in time before kick off was to say goodbye to Lawrie. I guess the real regret was staying for the match.

grammyb111
26-03-2018, 09:56 AM
Missing the two away league victories in Glasgow, 3-1 at Parkhead and the Ivan 3-0 one. I think other than those I've been to all the 'big' games we still talk about, and all the ***** ones we don't too mind...

KWJ
26-03-2018, 10:04 AM
Not being in the country for 21/5/16.

Life has a funny way of working out sometimes.

Nevi_SOL
26-03-2018, 10:56 AM
Not going upto Easter Road the night we won the SC too keep myself from being very ill for the cup parade the next day

pollution
26-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Not seeing a proper Cup presentation and a lap of honour in 2016

Sauzee16
26-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Not seeing a proper Cup presentation and a lap of honour in 2016

Really? :confused:

NAE NOOKIE
26-03-2018, 11:25 AM
Not seeing us win more trophies given the number of semi finals I’ve seen us play.

:agree: The Elephant in the room and us losing 8 of the 11 finals I've been to doesn't exactly soften the blow :confused:

Ringothedog
26-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Not seeing the tornadoes fulfil their potential and win either the league or Scottish cup

Jamesie
26-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Two, both Cup Final-related:

- 2012: At the final whistle of the Celtic v Hearts semi final, going on line and spending a considerable about of money in shifting a three week overland East African safari booked earlier in the year to ensure that I could attend the Cup Final, on the basis that I would never forgive myself if I wasn't there. Felt a bit foolish after that one.

- 2016: There must be something about me, holidays and the Scottish Cup as on the back of my experience in 2012 I ensured that there would be no repeat and when booking a Central American trip back in the January I ensured I would arrive back into Edinburgh at 11:55 on Cup Final day so as to avoid having to move anything. Just as well I did, although the worry I had during the Managua-Houston-Frankfurt-Edinburgh legs was chronic, so concerned was I that one delay could scupper the whole thing. In the end I was picked up at Edinburgh Airport and sitting inside Hampden for 13:45! The regret piece comes from the fact that I wasn't around to savour the build up to the match in the days before and that jetlag hit me massively after the game and I had to have a disco nap for a couple of hours before going out to celebrate!

pollution
26-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Really? :confused:

Definitely. I couldn't get a ticket so I watched it on TV.

Rather than see the boys in a lap of honour I had to listen to some of the most biased " commentary" on the TV

Viva_Palmeiras
26-03-2018, 04:59 PM
Missing the final in 2016, although with a 6 week old baby at the time it was never happening. Followed by watching the game here but having so many pints pre and during the game that Gray’s winner remains a bit of blur!

Missing the 3-0 cup game at Ibrox as I was in Barcelona for a long weekend was a bit annoying too.

Otherwise I can’t think of missing many games where I realistically could’ve gone.

I missed the CIS cup as my first born was 5 days old.
There was no chance of me going as “sogra” was there from overseas. Bizarre picture of me nursing a bottle of Miller staying quietish as we racked up our highest score in a final... they almost didn’t allow me to go to the stadium - I drew the line at that and a foot was put down :)

StevieCowan
26-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Trinidad trip.. still get annoyed for not following through on initial interest.

Sauzee16
26-03-2018, 05:23 PM
Definitely. I couldn't get a ticket so I watched it on TV.

Rather than see the boys in a lap of honour I had to listen to some of the most biased " commentary" on the TV

Fair play I n that case. Sorry. I hadn’t even considered people who may want to have seen it watching on the tv. 👍

BILLYHIBS
26-03-2018, 05:41 PM
I was devastated when the club sold Colin Stein to Rangers in 1968
for £100000.
The gloom was soon lifted when we signed Joe McBride from Celtic
who turned out to be a prolific goal scorer for us.
Unfortunately Colin Stein came back to haunt us a few weeks later at
Ibrox when he scored a hatrick against us.

Sauzee16
26-03-2018, 05:42 PM
I was devastated when the club sold Colin Stein to Rangers in 1968
for £100000.
The gloom was soon lifted when we signed Joe McBride from Celtic
who turned out to be a prolific goal scorer for us.
Unfortunately Colin Stein came back to haunt us a few weeks later at
Ibrox when he scored a hatrick against us.

Colin Stein to this day is my dads hero....for them.

BILLYHIBS
26-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Colin Stein to this day is my dads hero....for them.

Boo!

Sauzee16
26-03-2018, 05:48 PM
Boo!

Ken. Makes it better these days. There’s almost sympathy as they are mince and all his grandchildren are growing up Hibees. (He’s one deep down too now)

Galahibby
26-03-2018, 05:51 PM
I remember saying to her on the Thursday night “I’ve a feeling we’ll do it this year you be okay if I get the Monday flight out and meet you” she had the look that would kill.

Grounds for divorce that, naw? [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
26-03-2018, 05:54 PM
No regrets.

None.

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-03-2018, 06:06 PM
I had been to 21 of the 22 winless games against Hertz, missing one game when I was working abroad. By the time the 23rd game was coming round I'd had enough of going to Tynie and watching Hibs get beat and listened to it on the radio instead, missing Gordon Hunters goal to end the run. 😕

WHAM
26-03-2018, 06:30 PM
Not going upto Easter Road the night we won the SC too keep myself from being very ill for the cup parade the next day

My biggest regret is missing the 2016 cup parade.

Went a bit OTT after the game and spent the whole of the Sunday on my bathroom floor absolutely dying.

I’d waited my whole life for it as well. At least I was at the game though .

highland hibbee
26-03-2018, 06:51 PM

Not my best decision

Aye mate, should have sent her!!

Northernhibee
26-03-2018, 06:59 PM
Not tampering with Potters ****ing lattes, the pretentious ****.

pacoluna
26-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Running on the pitch after the final through pure elation and disbelief.

Not!

Sir David Gray
26-03-2018, 08:05 PM

I went out on the Saturday night but I stayed in the city centre. In hindsight, I really wish I had go into Leith as I heard afterwards about how great the atmosphere was. I really regret not doing that.

.Sean.
26-03-2018, 08:13 PM
My biggest regret isn’t match related as such, it’s waking up on the 27th of May still half cut from the night before having got home at about 5am and getting up, it being scorching and drinking a bottle of wine in the garden.

Followed by another bottle of wine on the bus into town.

Followed by about 4 or 5 pints in not much more than an hour in the Four in Hand before heading to the Links. I literally have three or four snapshots in my head of being there then the next thing I remember is waking up fully clothed and in my bed at around 9pm. My mate by pure chance drove passed me walking away from the Links and brought me home but I literally canny mind the drive home.

Have no regrets about the 26th, remember the game, journey back to Edinburgh, Leith Walk, party with mates afterwards etc but it still annoys me I was so blitzed and ruined the 27th for myself. Was there in body but the mind was elsewhere :greengrin

Have since vowed that if and when we’re back in the cup final it won’t be a sober affair by any means but I’ll not be kicking the arse out of it.

Northernhibee
26-03-2018, 08:21 PM
In all seriousness, my biggest regret wasn't being able to see Hibs win the Scottish Cup with my dad. He'd been taken into hospital three or four weeks before the final and was seriously, seriously unwell and although he'd been released a few days before he wasn't well enough to go through to Glasgow and insisted that I went.

I got home to Dundee where he now lives in time to watch the highlights with him but I'd have loved to have seen his reaction after waiting 71 years to see it when it actually happened.

hibsbollah
26-03-2018, 08:22 PM
I missed the final win in 2016,in circumstances I've probably posted before, but oddly I don't regret it. I had my own celebrations that were unique, (staggering about on the Northern Line drinking champagne out of the bottle I won't forget in a hurry), and to me Hampden is still a place we always get beat at. My son wasn't long born in 2007 so I missed the 5-1 Killie win as well but I'll never forget that one either. Both special memories even though I wasn't there for either.

Sir David Gray
26-03-2018, 08:30 PM
My biggest regret isn’t match related as such, it’s waking up on the 27th of May still half cut from the night before having got home at about 5am and getting up, it being scorching and drinking a bottle of wine in the garden.

Followed by another bottle of wine on the bus into town.

Followed by about 4 or 5 pints in not much more than an hour in the Four in Hand before heading to the Links. I literally have three or four snapshots in my head of being there then the next thing I remember is waking up fully clothed and in my bed at around 9pm. My mate by pure chance drove passed me walking away from the Links and brought me home but I literally canny mind the drive home.

Have no regrets about the 26th, remember the game, journey back to Edinburgh, Leith Walk, party with mates afterwards etc but it still annoys me I was so blitzed and ruined the 27th for myself. Was there in body but the mind was elsewhere :greengrin

Have since vowed that if and when we’re back in the cup final it won’t be a sober affair by any means but I’ll not be kicking the arse out of it.

You're clearly still feeling the effects of it almost two years later. :greengrin

Dalianwanda
26-03-2018, 08:38 PM
I could say missing the cup final but it’s probably making my dad get a move on up London Rd after getting beat by Hamilton...I just wanted away, could understand why he was so slow...Turns out he’d had a heart attack..he can dawdle all he wants now :-)

HH81
26-03-2018, 08:54 PM
I too missed the final in 2016. Not sure if I regret it or not.

In May 2015, a cougars player named Danny Jones died on the pitch in an away game at London. Danny was a good lad met him and his wife a few times as my mate was his sponsor and he also joined us on chairty events. Rugby is different to football you can have a beer with the players etc.

Almost a year after the death of Danny the team were playing away at London on the weekend of the cup final. I had to be in London for the Sunday as Halifax Town were playing at Wembley and my mates wee cus had sadly passed away with Cancer a short time before aged 16. It was his dream to see the shaymen get to Wembley. I was meeting up with all his family and it was to be an occasion as they were paying tribute to him at Wembley.

My options were to final and fly down for the game Sunday or spend the Saturday remembering Danny at London scollars. I think went for the full weekend in London as I had just recovered from a blood clot a few months before and was worried about all the traveling. I watched the game live on sky go from the stand whilst drinking cans of beers on sale from a table behind me. Running down the stairs when DG scored must have been odd for the few 100 in the stand that day. I can't remember what I did but I think I ran down the side of the pitch.

It's kind of odd that one year earlier it was a place where I cried. Fast forward a year and I'm running round going crazy.

Was a bit of a sad time before the game but Hibs winning the cup was amazing and fitting given my location that afternoon.
I guess you can't have regrets as you can't change the past. If someone had offered me the weekend to work out the way it did and I missed the final I think I would take it again.

Topographic Hibby
26-03-2018, 09:06 PM
My biggest regret is missing the 2016 cup parade.
…<snip>…
At least I was at the game though .
Sort of mirrors my experience, although I’ve “trimmed” the over-celebration and bathroom floor bit from your tale!!!!!

After umpteen cup final disappointments, and only a couple of LCs to show for it, I’d put myself and my family through the mill enough times, returning from Hampden with a face like fizz and the blackest of moods.

Was away most of Saturday, so thought I’d better spend some “family time” on the Sunday.......but spent most the time on the computer and YouTube looking at Saturday videos with a tear in my eye!!

Missed the parade, but was at the game. That will live on with me.

For ever. :greengrin

Haymaker
27-03-2018, 01:09 AM
My brother, who doesn't post here, decided not to come to Hampden for the SC game after the defeat to Ross County.

He's definitely not over it. And I don't think he ever will.

TelaStella
27-03-2018, 01:41 AM
For me it's obvious but not one I like to admit. I've been attending hibs games home and away since I was a toddler and seen us do it all as well as seen us beaten at Ayr, Cowden and Dingwall on Tuesday nights just to name a few. after the Ross County cup final in 2016 something changed for me and I had vowed I'd never be going back to Hampden to witness another disappointment. Even my season ticket for that year became less and less used as championship football was becoming too much for me to stand. I ended up missing the semi against United and of course decided to not go through for the final as I just couldn't see it happening given the disappointing season we'd had. Not only has this proven to be my biggest regret following hibs it's probably my biggest regret in life and i'll carry it with me to the grave. Never turn your back on your team folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
27-03-2018, 06:19 AM
My brother, who doesn't post here, decided not to come to Hampden for the SC game after the defeat to Ross County.

He's definitely not over it. And I don't think he ever will.

I suppose we were the same but different. My son was nine at the Ross County final, his first trip to Hampden and when that late Staggies goal went in he just crumpled. He must have been crying for half an hour. I was just holding him with his green and white jesters hat with all these other hibbies around us offering him and me sympathies. Awful but character building for both of us.

His mates were having a party at their gaff to watch the Cup Final and I was happy to let him do that instead. They all went absolutely mental celebrating, and he was in tears again! (very emotional, is bollah Jr).

.Sean.
27-03-2018, 09:18 AM
You're clearly still feeling the effects of it almost two years later. :greengrin
😂😂😂😂😂 God knows what happened there - I’ve even got the date tattooed on my arm to remind me - luckily the right one!

EH54
27-03-2018, 09:20 AM
Rejected a ticket to go to Ibrox when Ivan scored a hatrick was gutted also didn't go to the 6-2 against them

davym7062
27-03-2018, 09:44 AM
I too missed the final in 2016. Not sure if I regret it or not.

In May 2015, a cougars player named Danny Jones died on the pitch in an away game at London. Danny was a good lad met him and his wife a few times as my mate was his sponsor and he also joined us on chairty events. Rugby is different to football you can have a beer with the players etc.

Almost a year after the death of Danny the team were playing away at London on the weekend of the cup final. I had to be in London for the Sunday as Halifax Town were playing at Wembley and my mates wee cus had sadly passed away with Cancer a short time before aged 16. It was his dream to see the shaymen get to Wembley. I was meeting up with all his family and it was to be an occasion as they were paying tribute to him at Wembley.

My options were to final and fly down for the game Sunday or spend the Saturday remembering Danny at London scollars. I think went for the full weekend in London as I had just recovered from a blood clot a few months before and was worried about all the traveling. I watched the game live on sky go from the stand whilst drinking cans of beers on sale from a table behind me. Running down the stairs when DG scored must have been odd for the few 100 in the stand that day. I can't remember what I did but I think I ran down the side of the pitch.

It's kind of odd that one year earlier it was a place where I cried. Fast forward a year and I'm running round going crazy.

Was a bit of a sad time before the game but Hibs winning the cup was amazing and fitting given my location that afternoon.
I guess you can't have regrets as you can't change the past. If someone had offered me the weekend to work out the way it did and I missed the final I think I would take it again.

what a post is!!! :hibees:hibees