PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

Green&White
24-03-2018, 06:37 PM
My 5 year old son goes to the Lewis Stevenson soccer school on a sat morning and today lewis came along to help take the session.
From start to finish Lewis was tremendous with the kids. Gave almost every kid some of his time, encouraged them all the way through, tied shoe laces, helped put bibs on and played in little 4 a side games with the kids. Gave each one a signed photo and took a picture with them.
Just wanted to post this to express how much of a credit Lewis is to himself and Hibs. My little man had a ball and hasnt stopped singing the lewis stevenson song all day.
Lucky to have such a dedicated and consummate professional and a generally decent bloke at our club.
GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
24-03-2018, 06:39 PM
I saw him kick a cat once

No I didn't :greengrin as usual well done Lewis

Jones28
24-03-2018, 06:40 PM
What's the Lewis Stevenson song?!

calumhibee1
24-03-2018, 06:48 PM
My 5 year old son goes to the Lewis Stevenson soccer school on a sat morning and today lewis came along to help take the session.
From start to finish Lewis was tremendous with the kids. Gave almost every kid some of his time, encouraged them all the way through, tied shoe laces, helped put bibs on and played in little 4 a side games with the kids. Gave each one a signed photo and took and picture with them.
Just wanted post this to express how much of a credit Lewis is to himself and Hibs. My little man had a ball and hasnt stopped singing the lewis stevenson song all day.
Lucky to have such a dedicated and consummate professional and a generally decent bloke at our club.
GGTTH!

I just ****ing love the guy. :not worth

HibbyAndy
24-03-2018, 06:50 PM
That picture when he lofted the Scottish cup in May 2016 will live with me for a very long time , He wasn't the captain that day but my god has there ever been a player more proud to hold a cup aloft ! 'This is how it feels ' Indeed .

Only one Lewis Stevenson

Malthibby
24-03-2018, 06:50 PM
I love him too, but I do worry about the 666 birthmark in his hair.

NASAHIBS
24-03-2018, 06:58 PM
That picture when he lofted the Scottish cup in May 2016 will live with me for a very long time , He wasn't the captain that day but my god has there ever been a player more proud to hold a cup aloft ! 'This is how it feels ' Indeed .

Only one Lewis Stevenson

100% this. Total professional on and off the pitch. The passion he shows for our club is immense.

FranckSuzy
24-03-2018, 07:11 PM
What a thoroughly decent young man Lewis is :agree: Last Saturday, on what was probably a very rare night off, Lewis and his wife very kindly attended the St. Patrick's branch of the HSA's annual St. Patrick's night (phew! :greengrin) where he was presented with an achievement award from us. This was in recognition of his generosity re his testimonial year etc and in his speech, he humbly thanked myself and Sue McLernon - the other award winner - for all that WE do :not worth

He had attended a fundraiser prior to our event but was bang on time, happy to get his photo taken and took time to speak to everyone who approached him so I can't speak highly enough of him :flag:

3pm
24-03-2018, 07:14 PM
The brother-in-law sent me a fantastic picture of my niece with Lewis this morning. Great photo. He’s a brilliant guy. 👍🏻🇳🇬

HibbyAndy
24-03-2018, 07:16 PM
What a thoroughly decent young man Lewis is :agree: Last Saturday, on what was probably a very rare night off, Lewis and his wife very kindly attended the St. Patrick's branch of the HSA's annual St. Patrick's night (phew! :greengrin) where he was presented with an achievement award from us. This was in recognition of his generosity re his testimonial year etc and in his speech, he humbly thanked myself and Sue McLernon - the other award winner - for all that WE do :not worth

He had attended a fundraiser prior to our event but was bang on time, happy to get his photo taken and took time to speak to everyone who approached him so I can't speak highly enough of him :flag:

Every single hibby doesn't have a bad word about Lewis , He's living the dream..One of life's good guys for sure :agree:

Got mare medals than Levein and Mckay put together tae,,GIFRUY

Hibbyradge
24-03-2018, 07:22 PM
I hope he's doing his coaching badges. I'd love him to be our manager one day.

I feel privileged to have seen him through his entire Hibs career.

A living Hibs legend.

Hi Heid Yin
24-03-2018, 07:26 PM
From being a fierce critic to being a humble admirer: that has been my journey re Lewis Stevenson.
He displays everything a model professional should display both on and off the park.
He is indeed a living legend.
Let's all appreciate him while we can.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-03-2018, 07:37 PM
Love the wee guy.

Sauzee16
24-03-2018, 07:39 PM
I’m proud as anything that Lewis Stevenson represents our club.

24-03-2018, 07:40 PM
I hope he stays at ER in some capacity for as long as he wants to work, either as a coach or in an ambassadorial role. Gentlemen, hero, legend.

sleeping giant
24-03-2018, 07:45 PM
Living legend .

2 cups too.

SouthMoroccoStu
24-03-2018, 07:47 PM
My pal is a hun (the rare decent kind) the lived next to Lewis in fife.

Said he was a great guy who was always happy to chat

3pm
24-03-2018, 07:48 PM
Living legend .

2 cups too.

Must be some mistake.

snooky
24-03-2018, 07:51 PM
"You kick one cat and ....." :wink:

Lewie :not worth

Sammy7nil
24-03-2018, 07:58 PM
"You kick one cat and ....." :wink:

Lewie :not worth

:greengrin

LancsHibs
24-03-2018, 08:03 PM
:greengrin

Did he kick Thecat?😄

24-03-2018, 08:15 PM
Lewis is an absolute credit to the club. A model professional and an absolute gentleman.

Really hope that when his playing days are over he is given some sort of role within the club. Whether it be as coach or involved in the youth set up or something. I great role model for young players coming into the world of proffessional football. The guy really is a truly class act.

I remember not long after relegation he did an interview and said that some players used to mock the fact that Lewis regularly stayed on after training to do extra fitness work. Kind of sums up the culture we had at the club pre-relegation. Too many lazy players who treated East Mains more like a holiday camp than a place of work and would actually see it as weird that a player would want to go the extra mile.

SideBurns
24-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Lewis is the model professional, and a perfect example to any young laddie of how to conduct yourself on and off the park.

He's probably playing the best fitba of his career too, and if he was a right back there would be an argument for international recognition. He's no' in the same class as Tierney or Robertson as a left back unfortunately, but as a guy he's in a class of his own.

24-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Every single hibby doesn't have a bad word about Lewis , He's living the dream..One of life's good guys for sure :agree:

Have you seen the video?...2 Guys No Cup

3pm
24-03-2018, 08:34 PM

That’s enough about the 2007 League Cup Final though...

3pm
24-03-2018, 08:35 PM
So, the Scottish Cup Final of 2016....

Sir David Gray
24-03-2018, 09:00 PM
What's the Lewis Stevenson song?!

Lewis Stevenson
He is good
He has Celtic on the run

Booked4Being-Ugly
24-03-2018, 09:04 PM
I think I've reached the stage where I love Lewis more than my Mrs!

hibsbollah
24-03-2018, 09:09 PM
I would honestly not be surprised if he started to heal lepers, or arrived at training in a flying carpet after raising millions for Syrian children. He can do no wrong.

jacomo
24-03-2018, 09:51 PM

That’s some statement, cos your Mrs really loves him.

:wink:

Borderhibbie76
24-03-2018, 09:58 PM
I’m proud as anything that Lewis Stevenson represents our club.Sums it up for me...we will be talking about the wee man 50 years from now...a living Hibee legend

Stantons Angel
24-03-2018, 10:04 PM
Just nice to read a post of positiveness about Lewis.

Ive been saying for years now how wonderful a guy he is and an asset to our team.

Its really good to see people are finally seeing him for the great professional he is.

I just love the wee guy!

Peevemor
24-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Years ago I was on a train to Kirkcaldy and Lewis (who was probably 15/16) at the time was standing beside the door just across from me. It was obvious from the gear he was wearing that he was on Hibs books and the guy standing next to him struck up a conversation. I didn't get involved but I listened in and even then I was impressed with his attitude and modesty. I'm not surprised at all that he's turned out the way he has.

matty_f
24-03-2018, 10:46 PM
He's a top guy, sometimes bump into him in the area and he's always happy to chat, and has taken time to chat to my son as well.

He's a proper credit to the club.

Anti-hoofbaw
24-03-2018, 11:35 PM
Lewis is a man named Lewis. His second name is Stevenson. He is Lewis Stevenson.

murray26
25-03-2018, 02:43 AM
I cannot put into words what he means to our club.. legend in my eyes and many others.. deserves all the plaudits he gets..

Northernhibee
25-03-2018, 08:07 AM
Brilliant. I'd love us to rename the training centre the Lewis Stevenson Hibernian Training Centre when he retires. Every single player of the club should have a reminder what hard work, practise and humility can bring in terms of results.

We should also retire the number 16. He's earned that.

lyonhibs
25-03-2018, 04:25 PM
We should erect a statue of the man once he retires. He should never pay to get into ER or buy a drink in Leith ever again.

I hope he stays at the club as a coach, manager and then who knows for decades to come.

He's Hibernian Royalty and now my favourite player ever.

Northernhibee
25-03-2018, 04:30 PM
We should erect a statue of the man once he retires. He should never pay to get into ER or buy a drink in Leith ever again.

I hope he stays at the club as a coach, manager and then who knows for decades to come.

He's Hibernian Royalty and now my favourite player ever.

Stanton-esque.

And I don't say that lightly.

Haymaker
25-03-2018, 04:38 PM
Brilliant. I'd love us to rename the training centre the Lewis Stevenson Hibernian Training Centre when he retires. Every single player of the club should have a reminder what hard work, practise and humility can bring in terms of results.

We should also retire the number 16. He's earned that.

Didn't Milan say that the #3 wasn't retired but only a Maldini could wear it?

That's what we should do :agree: only a decedent of Lewis can wear #16

Luna5
25-03-2018, 06:44 PM
His son is right footed - his daughter more interested in dancing!!!!

overdrive
25-03-2018, 06:50 PM
His son is right footed - his daughter more interested in dancing!!!!

Was it his daughter’s dancing that inspired your username?

The Spaceman
25-03-2018, 06:54 PM
Absolute wee legend. Would like to see us commemorate him when he retires with something permanent at Easter Road - doubt any of us will live long enough to see a player stick with us their entire career through the very thickest and thinnest times, giving 100% and being a model professional on the way to a League Cup and Holy Grail double like wee Lewy has.

hibsboy69
25-03-2018, 10:02 PM
I hope he's doing his coaching badges. I'd love him to be our manager one day.

I feel privileged to have seen him through his entire Hibs career.

A living Hibs legend.

He is doing his badges (through Hibs). He's been down at the Training Centre on Weeknights (along with Paul Hanlon, Daz Macgregor and Sir David Gray) doing them.

Hopefully the plan is to integrate these guys into the coaching staff once they retire :aok:

:flag:

Austinho
26-03-2018, 03:41 AM
Amazing he’s only just turned 30 too, the boy has been around forever. Has he ever been out injured before?

The talk of coaching is hopefully a few years premature, and he’ll be our left back for at least a couple more years to come.

Given he’s neither our captain or vice captain, it’s possible he’s not the type of personality suited for being a manager. Would make a fine coach some day for us I’m sure though.

KWJ
26-03-2018, 10:03 AM
I watched the extended edition of Lewis' through the Years on hibstv the other night.

He is incredibly modest and it was really interesting listen to him talk about having more days like 2007. This was in the run up to us playing Falkirk in the semi back in Stubbs' first season. We really could've done 2 in a row.

He did go on to say that he didn't see himself in professional football once he retired and if he were to do any coaching it'd be towards the younger kids.

He's a quiet, unassuming guy and he loves the Hibs.

He also mentioned that in his early days he would read .net and bounce but struggled with the negativity so has kept himself away from that for years. Shame as I think he'd fair be chuffed with how everyone feels about him now.

overdrive
26-03-2018, 12:41 PM
I watched the extended edition of Lewis' through the Years on hibstv the other night.

He is incredibly modest and it was really interesting listen to him talk about having more days like 2007. This was in the run up to us playing Falkirk in the semi back in Stubbs' first season. We really could've done 2 in a row.

He did go on to say that he didn't see himself in professional football once he retired and if he were to do any coaching it'd be towards the younger kids.

He's a quiet, unassuming guy and he loves the Hibs.

He also mentioned that in his early days he would read .net and bounce but struggled with the negativity so has kept himself away from that for years. Shame as I think he'd fair be chuffed with how everyone feels about him now.

I’m not sure he has the type of personality that would make him want to get into top level football management or coaching. It is a shame because I think he would have a degree of level-headedness that would serve him well in that type of role.

wpj
26-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Could be part of or manage the youth set up. He'd be brilliant at it and still be at Hibs. Win win

Monts
26-03-2018, 01:41 PM
I love Lewis

Eyrie
26-03-2018, 07:13 PM
Could be part of or manage the youth set up. He'd be brilliant at it and still be at Hibs. Win win
He's got plenty of good habits to teach them.

Smartie
26-03-2018, 07:26 PM
I want to go to Lewis Stevenson soccer school.

highland hibbee
26-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Sums it up for me...we will be talking about the wee man 50 years from now...a living Hibee legend

As I will be 104 then mate, I sincerely hope you’re right ;-)

Northernhibee
26-03-2018, 07:48 PM
He is doing his badges (through Hibs). He's been down at the Training Centre on Weeknights (along with Paul Hanlon, Daz Macgregor and Sir David Gray) doing them.

Hopefully the plan is to integrate these guys into the coaching staff once they retire :aok:

:flag:

That four would instill an unreal attitude into our future players.

Franck Stanton
26-03-2018, 08:04 PM
So what, I love hertz more than my wife.

May have taken that a wee bit too far.