NAE NOOKIE
24-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Up to their usual antics of being tossers

https://www.rt.com/sport/422154-england-football-fans-amsterdam/

Are they worse than rangers fans?

Half of them probably are Rangers fans :greengrin

Scott Allan Key
24-03-2018, 01:25 PM
Don’t remember which set of supporters utterly silenced them in France but the truth must have hurt. ‘Go home to your ugly wives.’

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
24-03-2018, 01:26 PM

Ive always thought they have the same outlook... that sort of boorish, triumphalist sumpermacist view, with a big dose of small town, small minded thickos, an underlying aggression and and too much drink.

So yeah, very like the huns!

Thecat23
24-03-2018, 01:45 PM
Must be horrible for the genuine England fans who just want to go and support the side. Imagine being in with that lot! Absolute **** and come Russia they will take a serious doing acting like that.

DarlingtonHibee
24-03-2018, 01:48 PM
Won't know what hits them in Russia.

Sauzee16
24-03-2018, 01:49 PM
Don’t remember which set of supporters utterly silenced them in France but the truth must have hurt. ‘Go home to your ugly wives.’

🇷🇺

Sauzee16
24-03-2018, 01:50 PM

Aye they will a 7ft Russian expertised in cage fighting :greengrin:

Pretty Boy
24-03-2018, 01:51 PM
Must be horrible for the genuine England fans who just want to go and support the side. Imagine being in with that lot! Absolute **** and come Russia they will take a serious doing acting like that.

I know a couple of guys who follow England home and away who are just regular fans like most on here. They hate all the baggage that comes with it and cringe at some of the antics.

They were in Marseille last year for the Russia gane when it all kicked off. They were staying in Montpellier and on the train to the game some guy in a Luton top was harrassing a group of French students with the 'lets ****ing 'av it, pwopa nawty' act. He poured a beer over one of them safe in the knowledge that this guy wouldn't do anything; classic bully behaviour. They both confessed to having a satisified smirk when they saw the same guy taking a proper doing from a group of Russians a couple of hours later.

Mikey
24-03-2018, 01:53 PM

They'll not only be targeted by Russia's organised thugs, but as I mentioned on another thread they'll end up in a Russian jail for a very long time.

The attack on them in Marseilles was brutal.......

On the Saturday we had over 100 walking wounded, 30 seriously who had been admitted to hospital, and five who the consultant told my officers were likely to prove fatal that evening. I stood in Marseille as the senior officer believing we were going to get five fatalities that night, we might have five murders on our hands.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-fan-russia-hooligans-marseille-violence-euro-2016-british-police-a7361066.html

Dashing Bob S
24-03-2018, 01:58 PM

These are just pissed up lads acting ****y/cowardly and getting off on England's colonial past and the Brexit mentality that feeds that bollocks.

Thecat23
24-03-2018, 02:13 PM
I know a couple of guys who follow England home and away who are just regular fans like most on here. They hate all the baggage that comes with it and cringe at some of the antics.

They were in Marseille last year for the Russia gane when it all kicked off. They were staying in Montpellier and on the train to the game some guy in a Luton top was harrassing a group of French students with the 'lets ****ing 'av it, pwopa nawty' act. He poured a beer over one of them safe in the knowledge that this guy wouldn't do anything; classic bully behaviour. They both confessed to having a satisified smirk when they saw the same guy taking a proper doing from a group of Russians a couple of hours later.

Good to hear the boy got what he deserved. I’ve no idea why folk act this way. Surely they know they’ll take a doing at some point! Saying that they prob don’t care.

Jack
24-03-2018, 02:17 PM

They'll be able to watch the replays on their pals camera phones and CCTV!

Fuzzywuzzy
24-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Only been a request for 25k compared to 90k for Brazil. I think they kind of worked out after France they were literally on a hiding to nothing. The Russians are nuts and 'train' for football violence .

Hermit Crab
24-03-2018, 04:04 PM

I think they already took a bit of a pasting from the Ruskies at the last European Championships.

Thecat23
24-03-2018, 04:16 PM
The Russians train like the army. Organised fights in the middle of no where. Absolute nut jobs and the English will take a hammering going against them.

SouthMoroccoStu
24-03-2018, 05:26 PM
I live in Kent and was talking to an English mate down here about the incidents on the bridge

“Oh come on mate it’s just banter”

When I tried to compare that to a situation that would see Dutch fans doing it over the Thames river...

“Oh no that’s different”

Think I might need to watch the World Cup at home - just like the rest of Scotland...

marinello59
24-03-2018, 06:47 PM
These are just pissed up lads acting ****y/cowardly and getting off on England's colonial past and the Brexit mentality that feeds that bollocks.

Bad behaviour at the fitba predates Brexit by several decades.

Frazerbob
24-03-2018, 07:01 PM

True but it’s certainly added a few banterful ditties to their repertoire.

Bristolhibby
24-03-2018, 07:12 PM

A number of knuckle dustered roided up fists I’d imagine.

J

CockneyRebel
24-03-2018, 07:16 PM

The bit in bold is about right, the rest is drivel.

bingo70
24-03-2018, 07:18 PM

Yes but the brexit mentality probably predated the brexit vote by a good few decades.

Think that makes sense.

SquashedFrogg
24-03-2018, 07:26 PM
The Russians train like the army. Organised fights in the middle of no where. Absolute nut jobs and the English will take a hammering going against them.

I watched that BBC documentary last year about them. Genuinely scary stuff. England thugs will get obliterated.

Lago
24-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Rubbish, Scotland, Wales & Ireland were all involved in Britain's colonial past.

Just Alf
24-03-2018, 07:34 PM
Rubbish, Scotland, Wales & Ireland were all involved in Britain's colonial past.You're 100% correct, difference is those 3 countries don't "glorify" it and seem, generally, to understand its not something to be proud of.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Velma Dinkley
24-03-2018, 07:50 PM
You're 100% correct, difference is those 3 countries don't "glorify" it and seem, generally, to understand its not something to be proud of.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

And leaving the EU opens the UK up to the rest of the world. Rather than making it easy for members of a select EU club to move here while building barriers to people from the rest of the world, everyone will now have an equal opportunity.

bordergreen
24-03-2018, 07:52 PM

I have said before, half of Glasgow think they are Irish, supporting the RA, and the other half think they are Ulster Loyalists waving union jacks and swearing allegiance to the Queen. The England support reaped what they have sown over the last 40 years, whilst in France. Most of England's away support are piss-heads, who want to bully and abuse people. Granted, most of their main hooligans are banned from games these days, but a lot of them have also grown out of it. The Russian's did not meet England's mob, such as it is these days. They met some hooligans, augmented by the usual England Away support. Make no mistake, quite a large percentage of England's away support are up for a bit of bullying and abuse of anyone who is not English. They are just not up to matching the pugilistic intent of committed hooligans of other nations. We all saw them throwing bottles and 'giving it the big un', until the Russians and French turned up calling them out. These Angels, who had spent the previous days abusing people and throwing bottles at anyone and everyone, were the first to decry their mistreatment.

The England Mob have always got a shock when people call them out and call it on, that is nothing new.

Malthibby
24-03-2018, 07:58 PM
And leaving the EU opens the UK up to the rest of the world. Rather than making it easy for members of a select EU club to move here while building barriers to people from the rest of the world, everyone will now have an equal opportunity.

Total rubbish, and also the wrong forum.
Staying with the UK just means we have an equal opportunity to get tarred with the same brush as the xenophobic nut jobs in that video.

Velma Dinkley
24-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Total rubbish, and also the wrong forum.
Staying with the UK just means we have an equal opportunity to get tarred with the same brush as the xenophobic nut jobs in that video.

You've certainly confused me. But I don't think I'm as confused as you are.

Bristolhibby
24-03-2018, 08:19 PM
Rubbish, Scotland, Wales & Ireland were all involved in Britain's colonial past.

Wales, Scotland and Ireland were the first colonies.

We all bought that “equal partner” bollox for hundreds of years.

Stockholm Syndrome or what?

J

MGmick
24-03-2018, 08:41 PM

J

Christ I hope you're being ironic.

neil7908
24-03-2018, 09:09 PM

All the so called hard men will be mysteriously absent in Russia and it'll be ordinary fans who'll be on receiving end.

As always with guys like this they are tough as nails when throwing bottles from a crowd or getting in the faces of innocent passersby but totally absent when there is any chance of someone fighting back.

poolman
24-03-2018, 09:31 PM
It's beyond me why they can't go to a fantastic place like Amsterdam and enjoy it without acting like a bunch of Neanderthal wannabe hardmen

No wonder they are universally hated

brianmc
24-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Special mention for Boris Johnson comparing Putin's World Cup to Hitler's Olympics...... That's bound to be helpful for the traveling fans eh?

Weir07
24-03-2018, 10:04 PM
Special mention for Boris Johnson comparing Putin's World Cup to Hitler's Olympics...... That's bound to be helpful for the traveling fans eh?

Think Boris is generally a buffoon but he does have a point, no way should it be acceptable for a nation to assassinate anyone from another country, Russia don't deserve to host the World Cup and for entirely different reasons neither do Qatar, boycott them both I say!

Velma Dinkley
24-03-2018, 10:11 PM
Think Boris is generally a buffoon but he does have a point, no way should it be acceptable for a nation to assassinate anyone from another country, Russia don't deserve to host the World Cup and for entirely different reasons neither do Qatar, boycott them both I say!

There are also the human rights issues and the fact that Russia has invaded, and instigated a war with, another country. That's still ongoing. Everybody knows the World Cup in Russia is a complete farce but it will go ahead anyway. Money talks.

hibsbollah
24-03-2018, 10:12 PM
There are also the human rights issues and the fact that Russia has invaded, and instigated a war with, another country. That's still ongoing. Everybody knows the World Cup in Russia is a complete farce but it will go ahead anyway. Money talks

Which country is this?

MGmick
24-03-2018, 10:21 PM
Which country is this?

Well, if you're going to get a bit pedantic about the Crimean Peninsula and Ukraine, how's about Georgia?

Velma Dinkley
24-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Which country is this?

I was referring to Ukraine but this probably is getting off topic now :greengrin

Velma Dinkley
24-03-2018, 10:29 PM
Well, if you're going to get a bit pedantic about the Crimean Peninsula and Ukraine, how's about Georgia?

They invaded eastern Ukraine too.

DH1875
24-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Upon reading this thread I've only just realized this game was played in Holland lol :greengrin.

weecounty hibby
24-03-2018, 10:43 PM
Ive been to Amsterdam 5 times and anyone who visits that city and fighting and generally causing bother is top of their agenda is a total ****wit. Such a chilled place with friendly folk and so many good things to see and do and experience!

MGmick
24-03-2018, 10:44 PM
They invaded eastern Ukraine too.

Cills I think we're on the same side. I feel much more concerned about the current Russia than I ever did pre 89 after which we "E Bay'd/Gum Tree'd" our armed forces.

brianmc
24-03-2018, 10:45 PM
My point was not about the who's right/wrong in any political debate involving the Russians.

It was about how the throw away line of a political bellend like Boris may actually result in the innocent England fans being targeted by Russian thugs.

He is actively adding to the potential assault, injury and even death of football fans by making ill judged ,point scoring statements.

Velma Dinkley
24-03-2018, 10:54 PM
My point was not about the who's right/wrong in any political debate involving the Russians.

It was about how the throw away line of a political bellend like Boris may actually result in the innocent England fans being targeted by Russian thugs.

He is actively adding to the potential assault, injury and even death of football fans by making ill judged ,point scoring statements.

Yes. As far as I'm aware football thugs tend to arrange to fight with other football thugs and aren't particularly interested in fighting with normal football fans. I don't move in those circles, though, and there's always the chance that fans will get caught up in the nonsense at some point.

MGmick
24-03-2018, 10:59 PM

My point was not in any way meant to demean yours. My point is my concern over the actions and intentions of the Russian government. My belief is, the sooner we wake up and stand up to Putin's bullying, the cheaper the price we'll pay. It has nothing to do with the World Cup other than that it is a shiny trinket which, although we cannot deny him, we can, at least, tarnish and devalue by our non (British) appearance at.

One Day Soon
24-03-2018, 11:07 PM

J

Give the victimhood pi5h a rest FFS.

Cabbage East
24-03-2018, 11:10 PM

Step away from the glue mate.

Velma Dinkley
24-03-2018, 11:12 PM
Step away from the glue mate.

That's absolutely bizarre.

Hibrandenburg
24-03-2018, 11:27 PM
Yes but the brexit mentality probably predated the brexit vote by a good few decades.

Think that makes sense.

:agree: Been saying that for a few decades. What used to need a few drinks before it got said is now socially acceptable.

Bostonhibby
24-03-2018, 11:41 PM

They were in Marseille last year for the Russia gane when it all kicked off. They were staying in Montpellier and on the train to the game some guy in a Luton top was harrassing a group of French students with the 'lets ****ing 'av it, pwopa nawty' act. He poured a beer over one of them safe in the knowledge that this guy wouldn't do anything; classic bully behaviour. They both confessed to having a satisified smirk when they saw the same guy taking a proper doing from a group of Russians a couple of hours later.Same here. One of the real engerlund bellends ( union Jack shorts, lager belly and 3 lions tattoo) that I encounter round my way made the very good point that their "A team" would sort the Russians out but they can't travel as they have to surrender their passports when engerlund play abroad.

Their inability to travel being the very good point as the mouthy throwbacks this plank was on about are most likely 19 70's skinheads who now struggle to knock the head off their Stella Artois.

Plenty good football fans down here who don't want anything to do with the erses. A bit like Scotland really

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

murray26
25-03-2018, 02:46 AM
I don’t like England at all and hope the fail anytime they play but I did laugh a little at that clip.. I will get slated for this but just being honest..

Colr
25-03-2018, 07:20 AM

J

Ireland and Scotland kicked them out.

Not Wales, though. Pussies!

Colr
25-03-2018, 07:22 AM
I don’t like England at all and hope the fail anytime they play but I did laugh a little at that clip.. I will get slated for this but just being honest..

Bizarrely, I’m taking my son to see the England game on Tuesday. I’ll have to be very careful not to celebrate when Italy score !

Sauzee16
25-03-2018, 07:57 AM
I have said before, half of Glasgow think they are Irish, supporting the RA, and the other half think they are Ulster Loyalists waving union jacks and swearing allegiance to the Queen. The England support reaped what they have sown over the last 40 years, whilst in France. Most of England's away support are piss-heads, who want to bully and abuse people. Granted, most of their main hooligans are banned from games these days, but a lot of them have also grown out of it. The Russian's did not meet England's mob, such as it is these days. They met some hooligans, augmented by the usual England Away support. Make no mistake, quite a large percentage of England's away support are up for a bit of bullying and abuse of anyone who is not English. They are just not up to matching the pugilistic intent of committed hooligans of other nations. We all saw them throwing bottles and 'giving it the big un', until the Russians and French turned up calling them out. These Angels, who had spent the previous days abusing people and throwing bottles at anyone and everyone, were the first to decry their mistreatment.

The England Mob have always got a shock when people call them out and call it on, that is nothing new.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

CorrieHibs
25-03-2018, 07:59 AM
I very much doubt England's "A team" would sort the Russians out! It's a different type of hooligan these days. It's not your fat street brawler anymore.

Pretty Boy
25-03-2018, 08:18 AM
I very much doubt England's "A team" would sort the Russians out! It's a different type of hooligan these days. It's not your fat street brawler anymore.

I think the problem Englans fans will have, 'A team' or otherwise, is they are still seen as a bit of a result for some of the eastern European mobs. A bit like the new heavyweight on the block knocking out Mike Tyson 5 years past his prime. Everyone knows it's not the Tyson of old but it still looks good on the CV.

The problem with that is the many England fans who travel just to have a few beers and watch the football with their mates will get caught up in it and seen as 'fair game'.

One Day
25-03-2018, 08:30 AM
The problem with that is the many England fans who travel just to have a few beers and watch the football with their mates will get caught up in it and seen as 'fair game'.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that's what happens and they all get tarred with the same brush

CorrieHibs
25-03-2018, 08:38 AM
I think the problem Englans fans will have, 'A team' or otherwise, is they are still seen as a bit of a result for some of the eastern European mobs. A bit like the new heavyweight on the block knocking out Mike Tyson 5 years past his prime. Everyone knows it's not the Tyson of old but it still looks good on the CV.

The problem with that is the many England fans who travel just to have a few beers and watch the football with their mates will get caught up in it and seen as 'fair game'.

Yeah, I defo agree, England are big target due to reputation. I do feel sorry for the real fans. The Russians will certainly have a pop at them again and it won't end well.

Frazerbob
25-03-2018, 09:52 AM
I have no sympathy for the few ‘decent’ English fans. Just like the few ‘decent’ Huns, by not self policing the bellends, they are condoning what goes on and have allowed the current standards of behaviour to develop over decades. I could not sit in a stand and listen to the bile being spouted by Rangers fans every week. I’d do something about it or find another hobby. The Tartan Army were heading in the same direction as English fans in the 70’s but the knobheads were put in their place and whilst I accept they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, you never see anything like what we’ve seen over the weekend with Scotland fans.

Just like sectarianism up here, self policing is the only solution IMHO.

BullsCloseHibs
25-03-2018, 09:55 AM

They are of the same breed.

givescotlandfreedom
25-03-2018, 10:12 AM
I'm quite concerned someone is going to get killed in Russia. These guys aren't messing about.

Keith_M
25-03-2018, 10:15 AM

I think you just won the 'DotNet biggest bollox of the month' award.

Bristolhibby
25-03-2018, 01:23 PM
Give the victimhood pi5h a rest FFS.

Anyway back on topic. Why can (and I’m speaking generally) England fans (and ill lump Huns in there too) not behave like humans while following their team, but generally speaking Scotland, Irish and Welsh fans seem to behave and enjoy the craic?

J

The Modfather
25-03-2018, 02:09 PM
I have no sympathy for the few ‘decent’ English fans. Just like the few ‘decent’ Huns, by not self policing the bellends, they are condoning what goes on and have allowed the current standards of behaviour to develop over decades. I could not sit in a stand and listen to the bile being spouted by Rangers fans every week. I’d do something about it or find another hobby. The Tartan Army were heading in the same direction as English fans in the 70’s but the knobheads were put in their place and whilst I accept they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, you never see anything like what we’ve seen over the weekend with Scotland fans.

You don’t have any sympathy for the decent fans, who at the end of the day are no different to you and I? I agree with the self policing as a wider support aspect, but it’s not down to individuals to sort what is a societal problem in terms of the neds that follow England. That’s for the governments and courts to tackle.

I can’t see how you couldn’t sympathise with folk that just go to support their team and end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, like Marseille, through no fault of their own.

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2018, 02:36 PM
What can you say about the England fans that hasn't been said a hundred times already. As has already been pointed out self policing is the only thing that's going to sort them out. The fans of the other so called 'home nations' along with the ROI seem to have very successfully got a handle on that, its a mystery as to why England seem to lack the will or ability to follow suit.

I read somewhere that your typical England away fan follows clubs like Brentford and Carlisle and following the national team compensates for supporting clubs who have no chance of providing them with European club football. Perhaps because their clubs cant provide them with that feeling of superiority they over compensate when they follow England and that manifests itself in proving their 'superiority' by battering the locals.

If they need a starting point in a change of attitude there are obviously two things to address:

The first would be the repertoire of that incredibly annoying brass band that seems to follow them everywhere ..... they only appear to have two tunes one being the theme to the great escape, which lets face it far from being a 'patriotic' tune has that distasteful hint of triumphalism about it, especially if you are a German .... the f'ing war is over lads.

The second is to stop booing other countries national anthems as they did in Dortmund .... That's an absolute embarrassment and if they try it in Russia no amount of police presence will stop the locals getting at them, in fact the police will probably join in.

Scouse Hibee
25-03-2018, 03:56 PM

What a load of drivel. It's not a few who are decent, it's the majority of fans who are just like us and go to follow their team and watch football.

Lancs Harp
25-03-2018, 03:58 PM
As an englishman its just plain embarrassing, simple as.

Couple of points, the"lads" responsible for the antics in Amsterdam will be extremely few in numbers in Moscow/Russia and it will be left to the likes of the England Members club to face the music. (I, personally, dont think there will much trouble in Russia at all, which I realise is at odds with how most seem to think, the biggest flash point will be night/day Russia get knocked out)

The "England band" arent exactly popular with England fans especially those that get involved in the unsavoury stuff we witnessed the other day and on numerous previous occasions) I would have thought if they had been anywhere near the trouble by the canals they would have been the first to be thrown in.

These morons need to grow up, clinging onto their youth, big and loud in numbers out with the "lads." Its like an extension of those idiots that go away to various holiday resorts in southern europe in the summer and spend their entire holiday on the pizz and indulging in very unsociable behaviour. Would they behave so on their own or out with their families? Or if the were sober? They are just borish ignorant idiots.

Keith_M
25-03-2018, 04:31 PM
What a load of drivel. It's not a few who are decent, it's the majority of fans who are just like us and go to follow their team and watch football.

:agree:

England might have a larger percentage of followers that act like lunatics at games, but that doesn't mean they are in any way the majority.

Lago
25-03-2018, 05:48 PM
What can you say about the England fans that hasn't been said a hundred times already. As has already been pointed out self policing is the only thing that's going to sort them out. The fans of the other so called 'home nations' along with the ROI seem to have very successfully got a handle on that, its a mystery as to why England seem to lack the will or ability to follow suit.

I read somewhere that your typical England away fan follows clubs like Brentford and Carlisle and following the national team compensates for supporting clubs who have no chance of providing them with European club football. Perhaps because their clubs cant provide them with that feeling of superiority they over compensate when they follow England and that manifests itself in proving their 'superiority' by battering the locals.

If they need a starting point in a change of attitude there are obviously two things to address:

The first would be the repertoire of that incredibly annoying brass band that seems to follow them everywhere ..... they only appear to have two tunes one being the theme to the great escape, which lets face it far from being a 'patriotic' tune has that distasteful hint of triumphalism about it, especially if you are a German .... the f'ing war is over lads.

The second is to stop booing other countries national anthems as they did in Dortmund .... That's an absolute embarrassment and if they try it in Russia no amount of police presence will stop the locals getting at them, in fact the police will probably join in.
Before we get all moralistic about the well behaved Scotland fans we have good few idiots as well. As to booing national anthems Scotland has plenty of previous where thats involved.

Golden Bear
25-03-2018, 05:52 PM
Before we get all moralistic about the well behaved Scotland fans we have good few idiots as well. As to booing national anthems Scotland has plenty of previous where thats involved.

Well said. The so called Tartan Army are hardly the innocent fun loving band of angels like they like to think they are.

Frazerbob
25-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Well said. The so called Tartan Army are hardly the innocent fun loving band of angels like they like to think they are.

Here we go, wondered how long it would take a thread about England fans embarrassing themselves abroad to turn into a TA bad discussion.

25-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Good to hear the boy got what he deserved. I’ve no idea why folk act this way. Surely they know they’ll take a doing at some point! Saying that they prob don’t care.

Yep, some folk have a couple drinks and suddenly think their the big hard man when in fact their just cringeworthy idiots. You see "casuals" nowadays and most of them are spotty young laddies who've saved up all of their pocket money to buy 1 stone island jacket and suddenly think their a top gangster. Its embarassing.

Lancs Harp
25-03-2018, 07:29 PM
Here we go, wondered how long it would take a thread about England fans embarrassing themselves abroad to turn into a TA bad discussion.

Bob I can understand your rancour but people in England remember the invading hoards from the north back in the 70s and early 80s, what do you think Mavis from Stoke thought of Scots in general when that happened? Are all Scots like that? Obviously not, as Ive already said as an Englishman and a football fan its simply embarrassing, as is any national team/club side going away an behaving in such a way. Do you honestly think people in Europe or England for that matter regard Rangers as anything other than a Scottish club? Or the antics of Celtic fans in Portugal all those years ago (not 67 btw)

These fans following England are idiots but take the anti English Scottish supreme specs off ffs

We are Hibs we rule supreme.

Kavinho
25-03-2018, 07:52 PM

Can't think of a single hooligan incident with Irish fans.
Even the Lansdowne rd game that was abandoned was because of English supporters ripping up the stand and throwing bits of wood onto the lower deck, and then a run in with the police.

Genuinely can't think of a single incident involving irish fans..

Lancs Harp
25-03-2018, 08:01 PM
Even the Lansdowne rd game that was abandoned was because of English supporters ripping up the stand and throwing bits of wood onto the lower deck, and then a run in with the police.

Well other than club sides clashing like Dundalk and Linfield for instance. Italia 90 England v Ireland was quite lively.

Kavinho
25-03-2018, 08:22 PM
Well other than club sides clashing like Dundalk and Linfield for instance. Italia 90 England v Ireland was quite lively.

Don't recall a single bad incident regarding Ireland at Italia 90. Irish folk were ecstatic - they certainly weren't prowling streets looking to have a fight.. they were hugging everyone.

I may be mistaken... i spent that whole tournament geeshed in pubs in Dublin watching those games - but a quick scour of t'internet doesn't throw up much.

I did remember reports of English fans raging at not being able to beat the Irish & Tearing up the island though.

Dundalk /Linfield - i know nothing of, although it's hardly a surprising one when you know a little of the respective cultures & geography

NAE NOOKIE
26-03-2018, 05:24 AM

I never said we don't have idiots, every club and country has them, but you are having a laugh if you are seriously trying to say the Scotland support is in the same ballpark as what England inflict on the locals when they go abroad ... hell, we aren't even playing the same game when it comes to hooliganism.

As for booing national anthems, the only one I can recall hearing booed by Scotland fans was GSTQ at Hampden when we played England and lets face it there was more behind that than just football.

NAE NOOKIE
26-03-2018, 05:31 AM

Not sure why you are quoting my post with this comment .... I'm pretty sure that's what I was saying :dunno:

Besides that, don't get me started on the hoards of 'fans' who follow the ROI to tournaments .... shame they cant show the same devotion to their domestic club football .... respect to the folk who do support it, the rest are a bunch of EPL fanboys.

Lago
26-03-2018, 11:50 AM
I never said we don't have idiots, every club and country has them, but you are having a laugh if you are seriously trying to say the Scotland support is in the same ballpark as what England inflict on the locals when they go abroad ... hell, we aren't even playing the same game when it comes to hooliganism.

As for booing national anthems, the only one I can recall hearing booed by Scotland fans was GSTQ at Hampden when we played England and lets face it there was more behind that than just football.
Hooliganism, we have had our moments. As to booing what are you trying to suggest, we were protesting against the oppression of our English colonial masters ?
What a lot of this, look how bad English fans are, is all about jealousy & the fact we have done the square root of f all for so long now we are a joke.

Callyballybe
26-03-2018, 12:08 PM
I always thought that both Scotland and England where as bad as each other for booing the other's respective anthem - neither where better or worse than the other.

Sauzee16
26-03-2018, 12:34 PM

Both Irelands anthems got booed when we played them fairly recently. I remember we booed the Liechtenstein anthem too :wink:

Golden Bear
26-03-2018, 12:48 PM
Both Irelands anthems got booed when we played them fairly recently. I remember we booed the Liechtenstein anthem too :wink:

:agree:

The booing of the opposing teams' National Anthems was common practice up until fairly recently.

AndyM_1875
26-03-2018, 12:56 PM
I'm quite concerned someone is going to get killed in Russia. These guys aren't messing about.

I think you are right. The delusion of any of the England mob thinking that they will sort out the Russians is beyond belief.
The Russians won't go for Brazilians or Danes or French, they'll seek out the mob with a name.

If it kicks off, a bunch of fat, tattooed, racist, drunk bully boys who throw chairs around, vandalise and beat up on easy targets up against ruthless, teetotal, MMA trained, fit as a fiddle fighting animals is going to be a massacre. And the Engurlund mob will get no protection from the Russian Police as they're just as bad as the hooligans.

Bristolhibby
26-03-2018, 01:06 PM
I think you are right. The delusion of any of the England mob thinking that they will sort out the Russians is beyond belief.
The Russians won't go for Brazilians or Danes or French, they'll seek out the mob with a name.

If it kicks off, a bunch of fat, tattooed, racist, drunk bully boys who throw chairs around, vandalise and beat up on easy targets up against ruthless, teetotal, MMA trained, fit as a fiddle fighting animals is going to be a massacre. And the Engurlund mob will get no protection from the Russian Police as they're just as bad as the hooligans.

🍿 at the ready for the Summer.

J

Velma Dinkley
26-03-2018, 02:17 PM
I think you just won the 'DotNet biggest bollox of the month' award.

No offence, but what I said what an obvious fact. I'm not sure why people wouldn't understand that let alone think it would be good to abuse people over. Too much alcohol? Too much propaganda? When it comes to anything even remotely political there are sadly too many people who think trying to offend or belittle people is a suitable substitute for thinking.

Kavinho
26-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Not sure why you are quoting my post with this comment .... I'm pretty sure that's what I was saying :dunno:

Besides that, don't get me started on the hoards of 'fans' who follow the ROI to tournaments .... shame they cant show the same devotion to their domestic club football .... respect to the folk who do support it, the rest are a bunch of EPL fanboys.

Only cos you brought ROI into your post about self policing.

The Irish don't have any need for self policing they are drunken idiots having a laugh at internationals. The rage doesn't last past full time.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-03-2018, 05:59 PM

100% this.

Sauzee16
26-03-2018, 06:07 PM
No England mobs will go near Russia. Excuses will be made.

The ones that will end up in bother will be the rich drunk loud mouthed ones that think they are casuals with drink in them. The media will back them too.

highland hibbee
26-03-2018, 06:32 PM

Absoulteky, you’ve nailed it, who are we to get all sanctimonious. Vomiting and pi&&nips in Folks gardens, Stoating about scrapping with lamp posts, just because they were a kilt and a glengarry it’s crack, aye right we have a number of roasters amongst our support too.
thank you for your voice of reason

JimBHibees
26-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Absoulteky, you’ve nailed it, who are we to get all sanctimonious. Vomiting and pi&&nips in Folks gardens, Stoating about scrapping with lamp posts, just because they were a kilt and a glengarry it’s crack, aye right we have a number of roasters amongst our support too.

Huge difference between getting drunk and being clowns compared to widespread violence which English fans are known for. Last tournament Scotland were at we won best fans award.

norhfc
27-03-2018, 06:27 AM
The huge difference between the two fans is England bring politics into it.
The war has been over for 70 odd years and they no longer have an empire...get over it.
That lad culture is well documented to have been hijacked by the far right over the years.
High profile games like Holland away is a magnet for them, they wont be there in any numbers
in Russia. I saw them in France 98 and Sweden 92, bullies in big numbers.
Scotland do boo national anthems but to compare that to England away....behave.

Hibrandenburg
27-03-2018, 07:39 AM
Football fans are a microcosm of the society they stem from. The actions of the smaller entity mirror that from the larger.

One Day Soon
27-03-2018, 08:51 AM
Football fans are a microcosm of the society they stem from. The actions of the smaller entity mirror that from the larger.

I can't see any justification for that claim whatsoever.

I don't see the vast majority of Scots dressing up in 'see you Jimmy' hats and kilts, getting wrecked and singing Doh a Deer.

I don't see the vast majority of English people getting rat-ar5ed and picking fights with anyone else.

I don't see the vast majority of Italians getting into their Ultra kits and lobbing flares everywhere

In fact I think the opposite is true. Football fans are absolutely not a microcosm of the society they stem from because each country's fans are not even themselves a single homogenous group. England for example clearly has a significant minority of absolute idiots who are not representative of their wider support.

It raises a really interesting question though - what, if anything, does define the character of fans following each nation? Perhaps the collective psyche of each country's most overt fans is defined by the character of that country's range of club supporters?

Lago
27-03-2018, 11:41 AM
The debate is getting very philosophical now.:greengrin

Slavers
27-03-2018, 02:30 PM

I don't see the vast majority of Scots dressing up in 'see you Jimmy' hats and kilts, getting wrecked and singing Doh a Deer.

I don't see the vast majority of English people getting rat-ar5ed and picking fights with anyone else.

I don't see the vast majority of Italians getting into their Ultra kits and lobbing flares everywhere

In fact I think the opposite is true. Football fans are absolutely not a microcosm of the society they stem from because each country's fans are not even themselves a single homogenous group. England for example clearly has a significant minority of absolute idiots who are not representative of their wider support.

It raises a really interesting question though - what, if anything, does define the character of fans following each nation? Perhaps the collective psyche of each country's most overt fans is defined by the character of that country's range of club supporters?

The claim only makes sense to those who hold a small minded view about English people and the UK in general.

Frazerbob
27-03-2018, 04:46 PM
Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal make their 66th consecutive donation at an away game in Budapest this morning. That’s EVERY away game since about 2003.....and not a ‘see you jimmy’ hat in sight. Watch this and then tell me again about how embarrassing the TA is......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=xDAPz3Fd6kk

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-03-2018, 05:05 PM
Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal make their 66th consecutive donation at an away game in Budapest this morning. That’s EVERY away game since about 2003.....and not a ‘see you jimmy’ hat in sight. Watch this and then tell me again about how embarrassing the TA is......

Frazer, don't let it bother you mate. We know what the trips are all about.

Hibrandenburg
27-03-2018, 05:33 PM

I obviously mean on a behavioural level and not the fancy dress fans wear to the international games. We Brits as a nation tend to let the lout out when alcohol is involved. You only have to visit most small town centres at closing time on a weekend to see that is fact. Scotland is not that much different to England in that respect but fans of our national team have taken a conscious decision to try and not be tarred by the same brush as England fans and try to convince the outside world that we're not like them, pretty much like our society.

Hibrandenburg
27-03-2018, 05:38 PM
The claim only makes sense to those who hold a small minded view about English people and the UK in general.

You're not trying to say that travelling English fans have been given a raw deal and misunderstood :faf:

WeeRussell
27-03-2018, 07:45 PM

Correct. I’ve only been to one away trip and the TA were outstanding and caused no trouble whatsoever (I’m not for a minute claiming that there are never any incidents, same as any other football following), generally mixing for a sing song, treating the country and the locals with respect.

But it’s the cooler thing on here to only be interested in Hibs and find the Tartan Army “embarrassing”.

As an aside, I was in Amsterdam at the weekend and never encountered a sniff of trouble from any English fans (albeit I don’t remember an awful lot of the weekend).. in fact barely even a song or a flag! The ones I did meet were friendly and one told me he reckoned us scotland fans were the best he’s ever seen during his travels.

I’ve seen the videos and stories though and as usual plenty of their fans have let them down again.

lyonhibs
27-03-2018, 10:52 PM

People coming out with this hackneyed crock of ***** haven't been abroad with the Tartan Army in the past 5-10 years (and probably longer)