PDA

View Full Version : What a waste...

Keith_M
24-03-2018, 09:50 AM
...of a football weekend.

When we could have been keeping our good run going, or even catching up on games missed with the bad weather, we have a weekend of football cancelled for Scotland and McLeish to make fools of themselves live on telly.

Could we please not do that again any time soon, thanks.

:bitchy:

Sauzee16
24-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Irn Bru cup final on today! All is not lost.

hfc rd
24-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Was thinking, could we not have played the rearranged fixture against Hamilton today? McGinn & Marciano are the only two players in the squad away on international duty but they would have been suspended for this fixture anyway

snooky
24-03-2018, 10:03 AM
TBH, I couldn't care less about the national team, let alone a friendly game. I wouldn't even bother putting the telly on if it had been on cooncil TV. The days of donning that dark blue jersey actually meaning something are long gone.

Sir David Gray
24-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Was thinking, could we not have played the rearranged fixture against Hamilton today? McGinn & Marciano are the only two players in the squad away on international duty but they would have been suspended for this fixture anyway

McGinn would have been able to play today as his suspension doesn't kick in until next Friday.

Jones28
24-03-2018, 10:23 AM

What time and where can I watch it?

Sir David Gray
24-03-2018, 10:24 AM

4pm BBC Alba.

Sauzee16
It would be nice if there could be a Hibs legends/former players game on at one of these weekends. Maybe against a former SPFL 11 or something?

Or bring back the tennants sixes.

Sauzee16

As above 👍

heid the baw
24-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Unlike past seasons, Hibs seem to have benefitted from the breaks this time. They certainly haven't disrupted form.

Eyrie
24-03-2018, 11:28 AM
I'm going to watch the NFC title game followed by the SuperBowl this afternoon.

Almost as good as 21/05/16 for this Hibs/Eagles fan.

Sauzee16
24-03-2018, 11:30 AM
I'm going to watch the NFC title game followed by the SuperBowl this afternoon.

Almost as good as 21/05/16 for this Hibs/Eagles fan.

Is this on tv?

Eyrie
24-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Is this on tv?

Sorry, no.

I've got it on my Virgin box. Need to work out how to transfer it to a DVD or similar.

Jones28
24-03-2018, 11:40 AM
4pm BBC Alba.

Cheers 👍

Sauzee16
24-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Sorry, no.

I've got it on my Virgin box. Need to work out how to transfer it to a DVD or similar.

Cool I thought it may have been ok sky.

we are hibs
24-03-2018, 11:56 AM

Would like to see Dumbarton win it. They have punched above their weight for a few years and deserve a bit of silverware to show for it. First cup final since they won the Scottish cup over a century ago too

SirDavidsNapper
24-03-2018, 11:57 AM
TBH, I couldn't care less about the national team, let alone a friendly game. I wouldn't even bother putting the telly on if it had been on cooncil TV. The days of donning that dark blue jersey actually meaning something are long gone.

Especially when I've no clue who most of the players are. And the most promising midfielder in the league cant get a start in a friendly. I'd give it the same thought as i would if the womans curling team won. I'd be mildly pleased.

Ardenttwo
24-03-2018, 12:13 PM
Would like to see Dumbarton win it. They have punched above their weight for a few years and deserve a bit of silverware to show for it. First cup final since they won the Scottish cup over a century ago too

And with that fat prat Robertson in charge of Inverness good to see a ****bo get his comeuppance

Hermit Crab
24-03-2018, 12:16 PM

When we could have been keeping our good run going, or even catching up on games missed with the bad weather, we have a weekend of football cancelled for Scotland and McLeish to make fools of themselves live on telly.

Enjoy Ikea

GreenOnions
24-03-2018, 12:54 PM

It's not the same competition since they reduced the sugar content 😢

DarlingtonHibee
24-03-2018, 01:16 PM

This used to care about scotland, don't give a toss niw, all hibs now.

Hi Heid Yin
24-03-2018, 05:48 PM

The bit in bold :agree::agree: