PDA

View Full Version : Jamboland - UK Car Crime Hotspot

Greenbeard
23-03-2018, 04:23 PM
Heard on Radio Forth News this morning that the area between Dalry and Sighthill is No.2 in the UK for car crime. Thievin' Jambo bar stewards.

SChibs
23-03-2018, 04:28 PM
Probably why my insurance is so high compared to when I had it at my mum's house. Only about 5 streets away but quite a few quids difference.

To be honest it's the broomhouse, sighthill, stenhouse bits that contribute to the stat imo

The Modfather
23-03-2018, 04:45 PM
I’m in Slateford, my Vespa was stolen, from my secure underground car park no less. The police caught the little scrotes but I was still almost £1000 down from getting it back and repaired.

O'Rourke3
24-03-2018, 12:21 AM
Thieves operating in Gorgie...? Quelle surprise.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

monktonharp
24-03-2018, 12:24 AM
I’m in Slateford, my Vespa was stolen, from my secure underground car park no less. The police caught the little scrotes but I was still almost £1,00 down from getting it back and repaired.is that a pound down or a hundred? think you meant more ?

monktonharp
24-03-2018, 12:41 AM
Probably why my insurance is so high compared to when I had it at my mum's house. Only about 5 streets away but quite a few quids difference.

To be honest it's the broomhouse, sighthill, stenhouse bits that contribute to the stat imoon the bright side, you have easier access to a decent pie at Stenhouse Cross via Bains the butchers :greengrin c'mon, stop doin' the Schemie barstewards nonsense. we all have been brought up in rough areas through life and it's a jungle out there as i am sure you know.I live in a street that is the main thoroughfare to junkies getting the munchies through the night and heading to Asda . then they opened a brand new High School and they forgot to educate the kids, that if they keep dropping wraps,paper and drink cartons next to my hoose that I will punch some cant on the nose!!

poolman
24-03-2018, 01:33 AM
Stupid thread

I live in Wardlaw Place and do not steal cars

Sometimes this place does ma nut in :rolleyes:

Jack Ferrigan
24-03-2018, 06:57 AM
Stupid thread

I agree. I lived in Wardlaw Street in the early 70's. It was great ,lovely and quiet except derby days. I remember one day the roarin and singin went on for ages. Mostly Hibs songs if I remember correctly. New Year time I think.

FilipinoHibs
24-03-2018, 06:59 AM
Heard on Radio Forth News this morning that the area between Dalry and Sighthill is No.2 in the UK for car crime. Thievin' Jambo bar stewards.

And they have the nerve to call us hobos and spoon burners!

bigwheel
24-03-2018, 07:01 AM
Stupid thread

tbf. it is suggesting the area has a lot of cars stolen in it...not that the residents are the thiefs....

hibsbollah
24-03-2018, 07:01 AM
on the bright side, you have easier access to a decent pie at Stenhouse Cross via Bains the butchers :greengrin c'mon, stop doin' the Schemie barstewards nonsense. we all have been brought up in rough areas through life and it's a jungle out there as i am sure you know.I live in a street that is the main thoroughfare to junkies getting the munchies through the night and heading to Asda . then they opened a brand new High School and they forgot to educate the kids, that if they keep dropping wraps,paper and drink cartons next to my hoose that I will punch some cant on the nose!!

Bains is fantastic. Always stopped there for a bridie or two when at Staughton Park for games. Also have a soft spot for Stenhouse, I went to a hogmanay house party there in my youth that went on till well into the next afternoon... Sigh happy days.

Back to the OP, any stats on poppies?

Onion
24-03-2018, 07:21 AM
Stupid thread

I live in Wardlaw Place anddo not steal cars

Guilty by association and little different to every Hibs fan being a peg-selling smack-head .....

......except there's no evidence whatsoever in our case :greengrin

The Modfather
24-03-2018, 07:36 AM
is that a pound down or a hundred? think you meant more ?

Yes, meant £1000. The little scrotes were known to the police. I had them prosecuted but because of their age there was no chance of getting any money out of them to cover the costs.

Carheenlea
24-03-2018, 07:40 AM
There must be big demand in the stolen to order market for family saloon Rovers and maroon scarves festooned with badges. Stay safe.

Greenbeard
24-03-2018, 09:40 AM
tbf. it is suggesting the area has a lot of cars stolen in it...not that the residents are the thiefs....
Did I analyse the research report, how it was undertaken, and whether it will stand up to scrutiny when peer reviewed? No.
Do I accept that there are thievin' bar stewards in other parts of the city, inc Leith? Yes of course.
Could I turn down the chance to use such ammunition to slag the Gunts. NAW!

Sauzee16
24-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Stupid thread

Do you cover your ears at “in your gorgie slums”?

OxoHibby
24-03-2018, 10:59 AM
Bains is fantastic. Always stopped there for a bridie or two when at Staughton Park for games. Also have a soft spot for Stenhouse, I went to a hogmanay house party there in my youth that went on till well into the next afternoon... Sigh happy days.

Back to the OP, any stats on poppies?

Not often anyone will declare a sof spot for stenhouse 😀

Jay
24-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Not often anyone will declare a sof spot for stenhouse ��

I grew up around Stenhouse/Saughton. Great memories.

My son worked in Gorgie and Dalry for over a year and parked his car with a Hibs reg no problem even on matchdays.

MSK
24-03-2018, 09:38 PM
I grew up around Stenhouse/Saughton. Great memories.

My son worked in Gorgie and Dalry for over a year and parked his car with a Hibs reg no problem even on matchdays.Likewise, bought our first property in Stenhouse Crescent & lived there for 10 years, street full of hibbies, loved it

bod
25-03-2018, 11:16 AM

ive lived between both areas & am neither a jambo or a car thief :fuming:

Hermit Crab
25-03-2018, 11:20 AM
Talk about tarring everyone with the same brush, I grew up in West Edinburgh, I'm not a car thief or a Jambo...

matty_f
25-03-2018, 12:17 PM
The one thing I definitely didn't take from the OP is that everyone in Gorgie is a car thief.

RossScott1991
25-03-2018, 12:20 PM
My whole family is from Sighthill. Family of Hibs fans:rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2018, 12:59 PM
My big brother has lived in Gorgie Road, Roseburn ( almost directly above the pub ) and now stays down Chesser way and has never had a car stolen ... mind, he canny drive and has never owned a car :greengrin

Speedy
25-03-2018, 01:02 PM
Lived in Dalry and Gorgie for years, largely without issue although a ****bag neighbour nicked a delivery once. In EH12 now, must be moving up in the world :greengrin

SkintHibby
25-03-2018, 01:14 PM
What a stupid thread. Hibs and Hearts fans are scattered all over Edinburgh.:agree:

1van Sprou7e
25-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Thankfully Leith is famous for its lack of crime

WhileTheChief..
25-03-2018, 01:28 PM
What a stupid thread. Hibs and Hearts fans are scattered all over Edinburgh.:agree:

Yup. And car thieves probably support many different teams!

ian cruise
25-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Threads like this just give them more ammunition to all us obsessed.

Historically areas with higher theft rates tend to be the more affluent areas with cars that are worth stealing, hence the reason they have higher insurance rates.

Sauzee16
25-03-2018, 02:11 PM

I don’t think anyone is taking it remotely serious.

iwasthere1972
25-03-2018, 02:18 PM
I stole all the cars and I don't live in Gorgie. Sold them to a Russian guy who said he had a submarine down at Leith docks. He gave me a big fat cheque which bounced.

Barsteward.

Bostonhibby
25-03-2018, 03:41 PM
Stupid thread

Sometimes this place does ma nut in :rolleyes:Are you willing to learn though?

There's a lot more cash in fencing stolen car parts than clothes peg distribution [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
25-03-2018, 03:50 PM
Only ever lived in West of Edinburgh and Liverpool, never had or heard of a car being stolen in either place.

speedy_gonzales
25-03-2018, 03:58 PM
Lived in Wheatfield Terrace for 4 years, during that time I had attempted break-ins, my hub caps stolen then ultimately my car was stolen.
The hub caps were stolen by Sellic fans visiting Tynecastle and the stolen car was abandoned in Saughton Mains with a full tank of petrol, to be fair it was an Austin Maestro, even thieves have lines of street cred they won't cross!

Keith_M
25-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Only ever lived in West of Edinburgh and Liverpool, never had or heard of a car being stolen in either place.

And I still believe in the Tooth Fairy

:wink:

Greenbeard
25-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Did I analyse the research report, how it was undertaken, and whether it will stand up to scrutiny when peer reviewed? No.
Do I accept that there are thievin' bar stewards in other parts of the city, inc Leith? Yes of course.
Could I turn down the chance to use such ammunition to slag the Gunts. NAW!
So I have now heard more on that research reported on Radio Forth. It appears it was conducted by the Classical Art Research Centre (CARC) and is nothing to do with thievin' cars, or from cars, and is all to do with the amount of poetry emanating from the area between Dalry and Sighthill. Apparently it's a CARC Rhyme hotspot.

poolman
25-03-2018, 11:50 PM
Are you willing to learn though?

There's a lot more cash in fencing stolen car parts than clothes peg distribution [emoji6]

Ah, got ye now, that's where I'm going wrong

Thing is, the last time I hung ma clothes out in the back green they left my clothes and stole the pegs :greengrin

Bostonhibby
26-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Ah, got ye now, that's where I'm going wrong

Thing is, the last time I hung ma clothes out in the back green they left my clothes and stole the pegs :greengrin[emoji23]

FilipinoHibs
26-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Lived in Wheatfield Terrace for years, during that time I had attempted break-ins, my hub caps stolen then ultimately my car was stolen.
The hub caps were stolen by Sellic fans visiting Tynecastle and the stolen car was abandoned in Saughton Mains with a full tank of petrol, to be fair it was an Austin Maestro, even thieves have lines of street cred they won't cross!

lived in Downfield place. My wee telly and cat was stolen. Although as compensation Hearts were floundering for years in in the old first division.

Bostonhibby
26-03-2018, 04:00 PM
lived in Downfield place. My wee telly and cat was stolen. Although as compensation Hearts were floundering for years in in the old first division.In the context of major criminality like this, my mate had a rented room in a house in Highgate London years ago and some swine reached in the kitchen window and stole his goldfish and the bowl. I'm certain it was a yam that done it.

Stolen to order.

Saturday Boy
26-03-2018, 04:12 PM
In the context of major criminality like this, my mate had a rented room in a house in Highgate London years ago and some swine reached in the kitchen window and stole his goldfish and the bowl. I'm certain it was a yam that done it.

Stolen to order.

Sounds like a cat burglar to me 😄

Bostonhibby
26-03-2018, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a cat burglar to me [emoji1][emoji3]

Nah, it was definitely a fish burglar. It was gold, it had fins and could breathe underwater.

WoreTheGreen
26-03-2018, 04:19 PM
[emoji3]

Nah, it was definitely a fish burglar. It was gold, it had fins and could breathe underwater.

I had 2 goldfish called cabbage & ribs they never got choried

Bostonhibby
26-03-2018, 04:21 PM
I had 2 goldfish called cabbage & ribs they never got choriedCould be down to where you live?

My mates fish was called Tony. He named it after Tony Cascarino who played for Millwall at the time. I often wonder if that was a factor in the theft.

iwasthere1972
26-03-2018, 04:27 PM
My mate who lived in Gorgie had his entire Elvis (the singer no the player) collection stolen.

He was all shook up.

The wee torags must have been in a hurry as his Bay City Roller collection was untouched.

WoreTheGreen
26-03-2018, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately cabbage or was it ribs passed on and was eaten by the other tank dweller. We bought a emergency signing but it was like Harper replacing Jimmy O it just feel right

WoreTheGreen
26-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Meant did ‘nt feel right

Bostonhibby
26-03-2018, 04:31 PM
Unfortunately cabbage or was it ribs passed on and was eaten by the other tank dweller. We bought a emergency signing but it was like Harper replacing Jimmy O it just feel rightHarper? So the other fish was a bloater?

Never going to end well.

WoreTheGreen
26-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Harper? So the other fish was a bloater?

Never going to end well.

Yeah he took liberties he was right trout of order

Greenbeard
26-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Yeah he took liberties he was right trout of order
Haddock a wee minute for Cod's sake. Let skate back to slagging Jamboland.

jabis
26-03-2018, 06:36 PM

Have heard whispers that you're a big player in the second hand hub cap market!

WoreTheGreen
26-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Haddock a wee minute for Cod's sake. Let skate back to slagging Jamboland.

Ok just done it for the halibut

Greenbeard
26-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Ok just done it for the halibut
Minnow now that salmon this thread have sprat the dummy about me slagging Jamboland.

Scouse Hibee
26-03-2018, 06:58 PM
Have heard whispers that you're a big player in the second hand hub cap market!

Nah that market died when nearly every car started getting alloys.

WoreTheGreen
26-03-2018, 07:01 PM
For Christ hake i’am done

jgl07
27-03-2018, 09:16 AM
My mate who lived in Gorgie had his entire Elvis (the singer no the player) collection stolen.

He was all shook up.

The wee torags must have been in a hurry as his Bay City Roller collection was untouched.

My mother had her entire Max Bygraves record collection stolen in a burglary.

The detective said that he would be looking out for an escapee from the local lunatic asylum.

Cabbage East
27-03-2018, 10:00 AM

Course you haven't. I've lived in the West of Edinburgh for years and can think of plenty incidences of car theft. And don't get me started on your point about Liverpool.

Joe Baker2
27-03-2018, 11:35 AM
...article in The Scotsman a few months ago stating that the highest level of child sex offences in Scotland was in Gorgie/Dalry. Speaks volumes!

Joe Baker2
27-03-2018, 11:54 AM
...article in The Scotsman a few months ago stating that the highest level of child sex offences in Scotland was in Gorgie/Dalry. Speaks volumes!

Greenbeard
27-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Cheers Joe - for taking the pressure off me from all the Hibees living/lived in Jamboland who took exception to my OP. Suggest you batten down the hatches on this one!!!!!

jgl07
27-03-2018, 02:28 PM

Are hubcaps still accepted as currency in Liverpool?

WoreTheGreen
27-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Are hubcaps still accepted as currency in Liverpool?

Bit hubs for your deserning type

Scouse Hibee
27-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Course you haven't. I've lived in the West of Edinburgh for years and can think of plenty incidences of car theft. And don't get me started on your point about Liverpool.

🤣