PDA

View Full Version : Argentina v Italy

Just Jimmy
23-03-2018, 01:11 PM
So I got comp tickets for the Emptyhad tonight through work. Looking forward to seeing Messi et al, however, I'm gutted to be missing SJM running the Scotland midfield.

How strong are the Argentina and Italy teams likely to be? I see Dybala is out, as is Aguero. Hopefully Messi plays at least 45 mins.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Lago
23-03-2018, 05:59 PM
So I got comp tickets for the Emptyhad tonight through work. Looking forward to seeing Messi et al, however, I'm gutted to be missing SJM running the Scotland midfield.

How strong are the Argentina and Italy teams likely to be? I see Dybala is out, as is Aguero. Hopefully Messi plays at least 45 mins.

DontD think he is, maybe wrong.

Sauzee16
23-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Italy will pump Argentina.

The_Exile
23-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Forza Italia.

lord bunberry
23-03-2018, 06:41 PM

Enjoy the game, you won’t be missing anything. McGinn is starting.

Sir David Gray
23-03-2018, 06:46 PM
Enjoy the game, you won’t be missing anything. McGinn is starting.

He's on the bench.

lord bunberry
23-03-2018, 06:55 PM
He's on the bench.
I meant to say isn’t starting :greengrin

Onceinawhile
23-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Italy will pump Argentina.

Currently 1-0 argentina

Sauzee16
23-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Currently 1-0 argentina

By pump I meant meekly surrender 😉

Pretty Boy
23-03-2018, 08:34 PM
Italy v Argentina will be like the WC final of OTT hand gestures.

LancashireHibby
23-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Was thinking of going to the Argentina-Italy game but dragged my heels too much and missed out on the cheapest tickets. I bet there were a lot of unhappy people at Messi being an unused substitute.

Just Jimmy
23-03-2018, 09:33 PM
was a decent game for a friendly. decent tempo and some good stuff played. couple of good goals too. Messi didn't play but found out he had a knock they probably kept it quiet to sell tickets.

Not bad for £4 return on the tram.

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2018, 09:08 AM
This game was not advertised at all down here, i never heard a peep about it being in Manchester, or even the game being on.

I certainly would have gone had i known it was at the emptyhad. :rolleyes:

Just Jimmy
25-03-2018, 09:56 AM
This game was not advertised at all down here, i never heard a peep about it being in Manchester, or even the game being on.

I certainly would have gone had i known it was at the emptyhad. :rolleyes:Neither did I until I got offered the comps. There was a mix of fans there, obviously Manc based teams but there was clearly Scouse, both sides and Leeds fans as well as plenty Celtic tops etc (They crawl out everywhere).

I think it was £30 for the cheap seats. There is no way I'd pay £30 for a friendly. Perhaps that is the reason there was a number of empty seats. As well as the marketing as you touch on.

Hibbyradge
25-03-2018, 10:02 AM

I certainly would have gone had i known it was at the emptyhad. :rolleyes:

:agree:

Jamesie
26-03-2018, 04:51 PM
was a decent game for a friendly. decent tempo and some good stuff played. couple of good goals too. Messi didn't play but found out he had a knock they probably kept it quiet to sell tickets.

Not bad for £4 return on the tram.

Was flicking between Scotland v Costa Rica on Sky and Italy v Argentina on Rai 1. Think the latter was the better game, but hoping Italy were saving themselves for tomorrow night at Wembley :greengrin