PDA

View Full Version : Swanson

Andy JR
23-03-2018, 09:50 AM
Danny looked quite impressive in the Academy game against Dundee Utd, directly involved in three goals - will we see him in the first team again?

stonewaller1875
23-03-2018, 09:53 AM
Danny looked quite impressive in the Academy game against Dundee Utd, directly involved in three goals - will we see him in the first team again?

Next game as McGinn and Dylan out?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
23-03-2018, 09:54 AM

Think he’ll start against Thistle, in my opinion
With McGinn suspended, and possibly Dylan out, think he might get to start the game, or at worse get a bit of a run out
Interesting the formation the development team played against United, to get Danny involved in a central role high up the park!
What a great little player he is, fantastic footwork

G B Young
23-03-2018, 10:15 AM
With McGinn suspended, and possibly Dylan out, think he might get to start the game, or at worse get a bit of a run out
Interesting the formation the development team played against United, to get Danny involved in a central role high up the park!

I think so too. He's unfortunate to be at the club when we have a lot of really top quality midfielders in and around the first team but I think he might find it's been worth biding his time next season as it would seem highly unlikely McGinn will still be here and Dylan has still to decide about his future.

J-C
23-03-2018, 10:19 AM

Danny always played either just behind the strikers or on the left as an inside forward, the problem we've had to fit him in is Lennon playing with 2 strikers, we need 3 in the middle against most teams or we get out numbered. The best formation to get Danny in the team is a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-3 with Danny on the left and Boyle on the right.

Geo_1875
23-03-2018, 10:19 AM

He's got great skills and when his confidence is high he's brilliant to watch.

Just unfortunate he's had personal problems during his time at Hibs.

J-C
23-03-2018, 10:21 AM
I think so too. He's unfortunate to be at the club when we have a lot of really top quality midfielders in and around the first team but I think he might find it's been worth biding his time next season as it would seem highly unlikely McGinn will still be here and Dylan has still to decide about his future.

Unfortunately next season might be too late, Danny will be 31 and times ticking away.

Pete
23-03-2018, 10:21 AM
In the years before relegation we were screaming out for a player like him. Now we’ve got one, we’re that good he can’t get a look in.

Stevie Reid
23-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Unfortunately next season might be too late, Danny will be 31 and times ticking away.

No reason why that should be the case, 31 isn't very old for a footballer these days. Someone with Danny's trickery, close control and passing ability will still do the damage in the right areas. Has ever had that much pace to lose?

Iain G
23-03-2018, 10:54 AM

Be interesting to see how Lennon sets out the team with McGinn and Dylan missing, Bartley and A(N Other) in behind Scott Allan in the middle of the park but that role wouldn't really suit Swanson I would think?

danhibees1875
23-03-2018, 11:04 AM
Be interesting to see how Lennon sets out the team with McGinn and Dylan missing, Bartley and A(N Other) in behind Scott Allan in the middle of the park but that role wouldn't really suit Swanson I would think?

Swanson and Allan ahead of Bartley in the usual 3-5-2?

BILLYHIBS
23-03-2018, 11:09 AM
I think we should offer Danny a five year contract that way we will always be able to bring him on for the last two minutes against Hearts just to wynd them up and kiss the badge a couple of times just to keep the natural order going !

J-C
23-03-2018, 11:12 AM
No reason why that should be the case, 31 isn't very old for a footballer these days. Someone with Danny's trickery, close control and passing ability will still do the damage in the right areas. Has ever had that much pace to lose?

I hope not too, just pointing out another year older doesn't help, this season has been one big waste for Danny and I hope he gets a chance soon.

Stevie Reid
23-03-2018, 11:16 AM
I hope not too, just pointing out another year older doesn't help, this season has been one big waste for Danny and I hope he gets a chance soon.

Definitely agree on that. He certainly hasn't helped himself at times, but there have been a lot of mitigating circumstances that have helped make this season (largely) a write-off.

With next season currently being his last shot at fulfilling his lifelong dream, hopefully he'll be hungrier than ever. Still time for some big games this season too.

The Modfather
23-03-2018, 11:35 AM
I’d like to see Fraser Murray given his chance. He needs game time to develop and home to second bottom of the league while first picks like McGinn, and potentially McGeough, are out that’s surely the circumstances to give Murray his chance.

supermcginn
23-03-2018, 11:43 AM
I’d like to see Fraser Murray given his chance. He needs game time to develop and home to second bottom of the league while first picks like McGinn, and potentially McGeough, are out that’s surely the circumstances to give Murray his chance.

Kilmarnock are breathing down our necks, no matter who we play we need our strongest team out its not the time to play youngsters for the sake of it. Swanson is a cracking player I hope he gets his chance next week.

The Modfather
23-03-2018, 11:52 AM
Kilmarnock are breathing down our necks, no matter who we play we need our strongest team out its not the time to play youngsters for the sake of it. Swanson is a cracking player I hope he gets his chance next week.

I don’t disagree with the general gist of your post, but last season wasn’t the time for youth as we had to get up at all costs. This season season isn’t the time as we are competing at the top end of the league. Other than dead season rubbers, I don’t think there is ever a perfect time to blood youth.

If youngsters are good enough and doing well in training, get them in when the likes of suspensions and injuries kick in to give them their chance. Porteous and Shaw have contributed when circumstances meant they were called upon, for me now it’s time for Murray’s chance.

J-C
23-03-2018, 12:24 PM
With 2nd and 3rd in sight I don't think throwing youth into the games is the answer. We'll need experience to get these points an Swanson bas that, hopefully Slivka will be near fitness too.

Jones28
23-03-2018, 01:24 PM

He's certainly a prospect, with the exception of Shaw who is now out the team and Porteous when needed we haven't really been giving our young lads an opportunity to show us what they're made of. Would like to see them all given a chance in the next couple of games before the split.