PDA

View Full Version : FF Lower Email

Onceinawhile
22-03-2018, 03:52 PM
I received an email this afternoon from a member of the ticket office staff talking about the FF Lower and noting that it is sold out but noting that there are often spaces in it. This was a precursor to noting that one of my season tickets hasn't been used all season and seeing if I was planning on renewing it. Has anyone else had one of these?

There's two reasons I'm asking.

1) because it shows the club are aware of the issue and trying to deal with it and

2) because the season ticket in question has been used on numerous occasions and hibs have got it wrong. Whilst I don't mind I'd imagine some people wrongly receiving this email might be slightly peeved.

Has anyone else had this?

percy veer
22-03-2018, 06:08 PM
I received an email this afternoon from a member of the ticket office staff talking about the FF Lower and noting that it is sold out but noting that there are often spaces in it. This was a precursor to noting that one of my season tickets hasn't been used all season and seeing if I was planning on renewing it. Has anyone else had one of these?

1) because it shows the club are aware of the issue and trying to deal with it and

2) because the season ticket in question has been used on numerous occasions and hibs have got it wrong. Whilst I don't mind I'd imagine some people wrongly receiving this email might be slightly peeved.

I got this, gave them some feedback regarding why its not been used to much, mainly night games also asked if they could extend the seat prices to other parts of the stadiums to encourage more families. feeback has been noted

Onceinawhile
22-03-2018, 06:55 PM
I got this, gave them some feedback regarding why its not been used to much, mainly night games also asked if they could extend the seat prices to other parts of the stadiums to encourage more families. feeback has been noted

I'm the same r.e. the night games, live out of town so not taking a 5 and 7 year old when they won't get home until 11.

What confused me however was them saying one hadn't been used at all when he's been to every day time game!

WhileTheChief..
22-03-2018, 07:19 PM
Good to see the club trying to do something about this though.

Blaster
22-03-2018, 07:29 PM
Good to see the club trying to do something about this though.

Hope they are doing it across the whole stadium. Only fair surely 😉

Jumbo
22-03-2018, 08:11 PM
Hope they are doing it across the whole stadium. Only fair surely 😉

If you pay £400 for your ticket and don't use it they're not going to bother but £25 and sits empty :hmmm::devil:

Blaster
22-03-2018, 08:12 PM
If you pay £400 for your ticket and don't use it they're not going to bother but £25 and sits empty :hmmm::devil:

😂👍 discrimination you mean lol

WhileTheChief..
22-03-2018, 11:17 PM

Exactly right.

Discrimination? :rolleyes:

Borderhibbie76
23-03-2018, 08:35 AM
Hope they are doing it across the whole stadium. Only fair surely [emoji6]Hardly when the rest of the stadium is £400 And FF lower is £25...don't think the club will be too concerned mate if a £400 ticket goes unused for a few matches

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibsforeurope
23-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Good to see the club are trying to do something about the empty seats.
If this is going to be the family section they should be moving on, to other parts of the stadium, ticket holders who no longer have children accompanying them. It's impossible to get 2 seats together in FF lower, this will be putting off parents who are trying to get their children their first season tickets.

I fully understand about the reasons children can't attend night games etc, i would be the same.

Steven79
23-03-2018, 09:05 AM
Good to see the club are trying to do something about the empty seats.
If this is going to be the family section they should be moving on, to other parts of the stadium, ticket holders who no longer have children accompanying them. It's impossible to get 2 seats together in FF lower, this will be putting off parents who are trying to get their children their first season tickets.

I fully understand about the reasons children can't attend night games etc, i would be the same.

I was lucky in that I managed to get a 3 seats together for next season in the FF Lower as before we had 2 seats seperated by a couple and 1 in another section but we always managed to find somewhere to sit together (Just took a while)

hibbyfraelibby
23-03-2018, 09:27 AM
No admittance to Lower FF unless accompanied by a child. Sorted

Onceinawhile
23-03-2018, 09:48 AM

It's not that simple though is it? What about those who've had season tickets since the stand was built and sat there with their children and now still sit there with their grown up children?

EH54
23-03-2018, 09:54 AM
Hibs have there work cut of for then with this problem but it's great to have the problem in the first place in a sense where we are trying to scramble every spare seat possible to fit our growing number of supporters into the stadium

CapitalGreen
23-03-2018, 10:04 AM
It's not that simple though is it? What about those who've had season tickets since the stand was built and sat there with their children and now still sit there with their grown up children?

I'd hope that when peoples children grew up they would move to other areas of the stadium and free up space to allow families with young children to benefit from the family friendly pricing.

hibbyfraelibby
23-03-2018, 10:13 AM

Sorry but it is that simple. No child sit up stairs.
Think of it as a gardener and his nursery. He takes his cuttings plants them out in a nursery patch and once the seedlings are strong enough you replant them in the main garden.

Maybe the east half of the South would be better for the family section going forward. ST wouldnt cover Cat A games but you can get first dibs on general sales tickets if you want to go to those games.

Potentially costing the club the cost of a players wage each season at present.

StevieCowan
23-03-2018, 10:25 AM
If Hibernian fans want to buyback a season ticket and choose to attend 1, 5 or all games then that’s their choice.

We should be welcoming the fact that they are willing to contribute to the club.

Much ado about nothing and folk getting their knickers in a twist about paid for “empty seats”.

Promote the “if you can’t go use ticketmaster to give back the ticket” but let’s not go to the lengths of writing to ST holders and ask if they intend to use it!

23-03-2018, 10:34 AM
I've had no such email and I'd say I've taken my daughter to around half the home games this season. This has been for a variety of reasons, some night games during school time, etc etc .... but given the (roughly) 50% usage rate I'd have maybe expected an email. It is good the Club are aware of this "problem" and are trying to do what they can to fill the ground as best as they can.

SRHibs
23-03-2018, 10:41 AM

Number of tickets is going to be a limiting factor in the near future if we continue our positive upswing. From a business point of view selling dirt cheap seats across the whole stadium just doesn’t make sense, and it would seriously affect the atmosphere to have empty seats all over the ground.

The club have got it right at the moment - although the SS could do with being back in the East.

Green Badger
23-03-2018, 10:46 AM
I assume from this that the FF lower has by far the largest percentage of empty ST seats in the stadium? I sit in the FF upper so can't see that part of the ground. :greengrin

I think where kids can't make night games etc it is just a by product of football scheduling and not a lot can be done about it. Is this issue actually worse for midweek vs weekend games?

However, where seats are so low cost, it does suggest that folk are just deciding not to bother going. If you had paid £400 for that seat your decision whether to attend may have a different outcome.

One option could be that they maybe offer CAT B kids season tickets for FF lower, with the child ST holder having the option to buy their seat for any CAT A game for say £5? If not taken up this seat could be sold to another Hibby.

Billy Whizz
23-03-2018, 10:47 AM
Number of tickets is going to be a limiting factor in the near future if we continue our positive upswing. From a business point of view selling dirt cheap seats across the whole stadium just doesn’t make sense, and it would seriously affect the atmosphere to have empty seats all over the ground.

The club have got it right at the moment - although the SS could do with being back in the East.

Well I hope the SS are in dialogue with the club about this

aiden15088
23-03-2018, 12:14 PM
I got an email regarding my sons season ticket in ff lower before the hearts game so I asked my boy if he wanted to go as he has his club on a Friday night and the answer was I’ll go to my club so I released the ticket on the Thursday afternoon. Then on the Friday at 4 o clock my boy asked if he could go to the match tonight and I was raging as I gave it up as he said he didn’t want to go fortunately someone was in his seat so the club made money off it but I do think it’s a bit harsh the clubs sending out this email,as we’ve been going for about 6 years watching some rubbish football over those dark years now the teams doing better others are wanting to come along and get a ff lower season ticket.

HibbySpurs
23-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Haven't had the email but there are 3 seats next to ours which are empty every game and are always "sold".... This includes the recent derby.

I would like now to think about getting my youngest a ST but struggling to do find 4 seats together.

Pleased to see the club attempting to do something about this.

KWJ
23-03-2018, 12:34 PM

Sounds like you've got it wrong from your own statements.

EDIT - Just seen that it could be read both ways. I took it that they noted it hadn't been used all season, as in every game.

I get where you're coming from but for otherwise busy games the club can literally see they've missed out on a potential few grand when they have a waiting list of supporters wanting tickets and yet there's a heap of seats going spare.

Like the guy said about his derby, it's a pain that his laddie missed out as it was his seat but it wasn't left empty when folk wanted it, it added to the atmosphere and it gave the club some extra cash.

madhibee_again
23-03-2018, 01:20 PM
Sorry but it is that simple. No child sit up stairs.
Think of it as a gardener and his nursery. He takes his cuttings plants them out in a nursery patch and once the seedlings are strong enough you replant them in the main garden.

Maybe the east half of the South would be better for the family section going forward. ST wouldnt cover Cat A games but you can get first dibs on general sales tickets if you want to go to those games.

Potentially costing the club the cost of a players wage each season at present.

Not that easy though. Seats aren't just limited in the Famous Five, they're limited everywhere in the ground. I've sat in the same seat in FF Lower since it was built, and this issue is now only rearing it's head for the first time in over 20 years! We've got four seats in the FF, myself, Dad, brother and one for my daughter/son - to try and get 4 seats together in a decent area of the ground is near impossible. It's a difficult one for the club and will be interesting to see how they deal with it going forward. Fortunately my youngest is only 3 so I'll not have to deal with the headache of moving for a few years yet!

I would be interested to know what the club are considering a family group. Whilst all four of us sit together, we obviously don't renew "together", would assume we're all 4 considered a family group but would be good if the club could confirm. I have asked the question but had no response.

I think rather than moving the Family Section to the South a CAT B Season Ticket would appeal to many and may see a few move out of the FF Lower.

Bristolhibby
23-03-2018, 01:33 PM
Finally we can fill in the corners!

J

Bristolhibby
23-03-2018, 01:36 PM
I assume from this that the FF lower has by far the largest percentage of empty ST seats in the stadium? I sit in the FF upper so can't see that part of the ground. :greengrin

I think where kids can't make night games etc it is just a by product of football scheduling and not a lot can be done about it. Is this issue actually worse for midweek vs weekend games?

However, where seats are so low cost, it does suggest that folk are just deciding not to bother going. If you had paid £400 for that seat your decision whether to attend may have a different outcome.

One option could be that they maybe offer CAT B kids season tickets for FF lower, with the child ST holder having the option to buy their seat for any CAT A game for say £5? If not taken up this seat could be sold to another Hibby.

Bath Rugby do this. There’s a 10 ticket season. Which effectively gets you 10 of the crappier games, but you get first dibs on your seat for Cat A games.

That said, the 10 game season ain’t cheap, and the ground size is such that there is a healthy waiting list for STs.

J

Onceinawhile
23-03-2018, 01:38 PM
Sounds like you've got it wrong from your own statements.

EDIT - Just seen that it could be read both ways. I took it that they noted it hadn't been used all season, as in every game.

I get where you're coming from but for otherwise busy games the club can literally see they've missed out on a potential few grand when they have a waiting list of supporters wanting tickets and yet there's a heap of seats going spare.

Like the guy said about his derby, it's a pain that his laddie missed out as it was his seat but it wasn't left empty when folk wanted it, it added to the atmosphere and it gave the club some extra cash.

Sorry, it was hibs saying it hasn't been used. I know it has been. I've released it for a few night time games but not all of them.

Had an email back about it saying that a few people have fed that back to them and they're going to look in to it.

hibsforeurope
23-03-2018, 01:48 PM
The club managed to find alternative seats for those moved out of Section 25 in other parts of the ground, I would hope that the same will be done for those in the Family sections.
Going forward there shouldn't be anyone in there who are not accompanying a child.

KWJ
23-03-2018, 03:27 PM
Sorry, it was hibs saying it hasn't been used. I know it has been. I've released it for a few night time games but not all of them.

Had an email back about it saying that a few people have fed that back to them and they're going to look in to it.

Gotcha. :aok:

hibbysam
23-03-2018, 04:07 PM
So what I’m seeing is if your over 16 with no kids but really enjoy sitting behind the goals you shouldn’t be allowed? Nonsense.

Keith_M
24-03-2018, 06:18 PM
So what I’m seeing is if your over 16 with no kids but really enjoy sitting behind the goals you shouldn’t be allowed? Nonsense.

FF Upper?

p.s. What's so special about May 2116?

tamig
24-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Exactly. I’m there every game with my son who is now 17. The number of empty seats round about us for most games is incredible though. I’m glad the club are looking into this.

West lower
24-03-2018, 06:49 PM

So if the child is sick and can’t go , the adult doesn’t get in the gate ? Or is it ok with a doctors line ?

percy veer
24-03-2018, 08:41 PM
How many games have there actually been where no one could get a ticket? The 2 hearts games? No problem here just creating a mountain out a mole hill

marinello59
24-03-2018, 09:35 PM
How many games have there actually been where no one could get a ticket? The 2 hearts games? No problem here just creating a mountain out a mole hill

Yeap.

CapitalGreen
24-03-2018, 09:47 PM
Yeap.

Yeap much better to be reactive than proactive. Let’s hold off until the situation worsens and then try dealing with it.

marinello59
24-03-2018, 09:56 PM
Yeap much better to be reactive than proactive. Let’s hold off until the situation worsens and then try dealing with it.

We have the biggest average attendance in my lifetime and I am really old.😃 And that is all down to the team on the park. There is no need to divert funds from the playing staff to infrastructure at present, we are still short of selling out at present.
That obviously changes if we sustain this in the long to medium term.

RyeSloan
24-03-2018, 10:44 PM
We have the biggest average attendance in my lifetime and I am really old.[emoji2] And that is all down to the team on the park. There is no need to divert funds from the playing staff to infrastructure at present, we are still short of selling out at present.
That obviously changes if we sustain this in the long to medium term.

But if you don’t plan now then by the time the long and medium term arrive yer stuffed.

We have also had teams that have performed top 6 before but not had the equivalent crowds.

Now I know that fitba fans are a fickle bunch and the tide can turn pretty rapidly but none the less with a rise in demand like we have seen the first thing you need to do is maximise the use of the seats you have so this seems a sensible enough step for Hibs to take.

Kaff
24-03-2018, 11:44 PM
The £25 tickets are an investment by the club, kids aren't under 12 yr old for life and my daughter this year moves up to a youth ticket, which she is desperate to get since she has the habit now, her brother will follow suit and hopefully they'll go on to be adult ST holders too.
Hold your nerve Hibs and keep this deal going, I'd be interested to know how many current attendees started off on the £25 ticket?
I can remember when we had a half empty stadium and folk were shouting to give tickets away for free as it would make fans for life, well this system is better and I think it has made numerous fans for life

Scouse Hibee
25-03-2018, 07:18 AM
I wonder if so many of the FF seats would remain empty for night and big games if they were more expensive to buy in tbe first place.

Onceinawhile
25-03-2018, 07:26 AM
I wonder if so many of the FF seats would remain empty for night and big games if they were more expensive to buy in tbe first place.

Depends how much more expensive? If it was too much more my 2 x 25 tickets would be empty for every game as well as my own seat as I can't justify paying too much or leaving all the kids at home every second week.

I'm_cabbaged
25-03-2018, 07:30 AM
Have said it for years one of the reasons that we have a large number of young supporters hails from when the FF was first built. You used to get two adults and two bairns cheaper than two adult tickets by themselves. If that deal wasn’t in place my two wouldn’t had been ST holders since they were four. It’s in their DNA to attend games 👍🇳🇬🇳🇬

WhileTheChief..
25-03-2018, 07:42 AM
Whatever way you cut it, £25 for a ST is not enough.

Scrap them altogether and those of you who used them can instead enrol your children in the Hibs kids where they’ll get a few free games a season.

I just checked the website. A seat in the west upper is £75, £130, £175 or £385.

Do we really need 4 price points? The only difference being the age of the person who buys them?

Does any other industry work like that? Cinemas or the likes will have kids prices but I bet there’s not as big a gap.

Your restaurant bill isn’t less than half price just cause you’re over 65.

Personally I’d have a regular price and one for concessions. And even then the concession price would not be less that half the standard price. Or go for 1 flat price across the whole stadium. Someone can do the math.

Fuzzywuzzy
25-03-2018, 07:42 AM
I know that I'll have to move out the lower FF soon. My youngest will start gling in a couple of years and there's not a snowball's hope in hell that I'll get a spare seat next to me for him. Asked last year and it was gone and I can only ask again this year.

Fuzzywuzzy
25-03-2018, 07:56 AM
So the people that have family tickets in the ff lower should be bumped in favour of fair weather fans that will turn up (probably pissed) for a handful of cat A games. Those that have there seats in the FF will have bee there for years and through the ***** times. So now we're on the up, these guys get penalised for wanting to take their kids to make room for folk that want to attend the hearts, Celtic and the rangers games. Then if there a few seasons decline, these guys will not bother their arse and seats will be empty.

Trying to solve a problem that isn't really there and penalizing people for introducing their kids to hibs and football is shan. These kids attending now are the next generation and theirs are the generation after that. Kids should be encouraged to the games.

And to lay the blame at child non attendees is off the mark. There are a number of adults round me in the FF Lower that aren't there every home game.

GreenCastle
25-03-2018, 08:20 AM
Would love to know our kids memberships / ticket sales over the past few years.

As others have said - bring the kids and they are the future of Hibs - it will stick with them and be in their DNA.

Maybe the new online system should be promoted more so we avoid issues with any empty sold seats in future.

But we really should be making it as easy as possible for Kids and families attend.

weecounty hibby
25-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Whatever way you cut it, £25 for a ST is not enough.

Scrap them altogether and those of you who used them can instead enrol your children in the Hibs kids where they’ll get a few free games a season.

I just checked the website. A seat in the west upper is £75, £130, £175 or £385.

Do we really need 4 price points? The only difference being the age of the person who buys them?

Does any other industry work like that? Cinemas or the likes will have kids prices but I bet there’s not as big a gap.

Your restaurant bill isn’t less than half price just cause you’re over 65.

Personally I’d have a regular price and one for concessions. And even then the concession price would not be less that half the standard price. Or go for 1 flat price across the whole stadium. Someone can do the math.
That is absolute rubbish and the post just above you explains the reason why. My son started as a £25 ticket and he has since moved up to a £130 he will continue to go as he now has the bug and got that as a very young kid. He was 23 months old when he got is first ST and attended his first game.

WhileTheChief..
25-03-2018, 09:05 AM
So if you’re laddie hadn’t gone to a game at 23 months he wouldn’t have grown up to be a Hibby?

Absolute rubbish :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
25-03-2018, 09:20 AM
So if you’re laddie hadn’t gone to a game at 23 months he wouldn’t have grown up to be a Hibby?

There’s a difference between being a Hibby and a ST holding Hibby though ;)

overdrive
25-03-2018, 09:27 AM
The club managed to find alternative seats for those moved out of Section 25 in other parts of the ground, I would hope that the same will be done for those in the Family sections.
Going forward there shouldn't be anyone in there who are not accompanying a child.

Easier said than done. Quite a lot of those moved due to the singing section went to the black seats in the FF Upper which are great seats. The folk in there are getting moved though season after next I think. Those that had to move out of the FF (e.g. due to the lift being closed) were often offered seats by the Club that were free for a reason. That reason being that nobody else would touch them. I know some people couldn’t get a suitable seat for their needs.

With so many STs now, if the Club move a lot of folk en-mass it will be more difficult to accommodate them, especially if they are part of a large group.

weecounty hibby
25-03-2018, 09:29 AM

He would always have been a Hibby, the threat of sleeping in the shed would have sen to that, but whether he would have continued to attend matches or not is a different matter. It becomes a habit, something you do without even thinking about it

lord bunberry
25-03-2018, 09:41 AM
So if the child is sick and can’t go , the adult doesn’t get in the gate ? Or is it ok with a doctors line ?
That’s just being silly. What it means is you shouldn’t be allowed to buy a single adult season ticket for the FF stand. If you have an adult and a child season tickets, and your child doesn’t attend, you won’t be stopped from getting in.
People get really attached to individual seats at the football, it’s something I’ve never understood. The view from the FF lower is the worst in the stadium.

MSK
25-03-2018, 09:59 AM
That’s just being silly. What it means is you shouldn’t be allowed to buy a single adult season ticket for the FF stand. If you have an adult and a child season tickets, and your child doesn’t attend, you won’t be stopped from getting in.
People get really attached to individual seats at the football, it’s something I’ve never understood. The view from the FF lower is the worst in the stadium.The view from the lower FF is nowhere near the worst part of the stadium, we have all had seats there for a good few seasons & more than happy with them, wouldnt want to sit anywhere else

West lower
25-03-2018, 10:02 AM
People get really attached to individual seats at the football, it’s something I’ve never understood. The view from the FF lower is the worst in the stadium.

Next time I will put a smiley. Just so you know I am joking :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
25-03-2018, 10:05 AM
£25 / 18 = £1.39 per game.

Surely watching Hibs is worth more than that?

We all want more money going into club. Next time you’re at ER take a look around at the folk sitting nearby you. I bet close on 50% will be a concession of some sort.

If we want to grow and compete then the price of these concessions needs to be carefully managed upwards over the next few seasons.

MSK
25-03-2018, 10:06 AM
People get really attached to individual seats at the football, it’s something I’ve never understood. The view from the FF lower is the worst in the stadium.We buy single seats in the lower FF, the kids that are with us are on their Mothers database, so going by your reckoning we (Wife & I) shouldnt be allowed to purchase tickets ?

We all attend as a family & when the kids Mother or Father cant attend (due to work) then we take the kids along to the game

Onceinawhile
25-03-2018, 11:04 AM

We all want more money going into club. Next time you’re at ER take a look around at the folk sitting nearby you. I bet close on 50% will be a concession of some sort.

If we want to grow and compete then the price of these concessions needs to be carefully managed upwards over the next few seasons.

It is, but funnily enough, people with small children often have the least disposable income, so to get future fans through the door, and their adults, hibs offer a reduced price.

Keith_M
25-03-2018, 11:41 AM
I've got the perfect solution for the 'Cheap Kids ticket in the FF Lower' arguments...

a) Ticket is purchased for £380

b) The club offer a Child Discount Ticket, only on sale along with a Full Adult Ticket.

c) When the parent knows for certain that the child will not be attending a game, they inform the club at least one week in advance, the seat goes on General Sale, and the Child Discount Ticket is allocated a Full Bonus Point.

d) Every time an Adult turns up with said child, and can prove the child's age, it's recorded in the database as a 'Discount Bonus Point'

At the end of the season, the number of Bonus Points is added up, multiplied by the relevant amount, and the calculated amount returned to the purchaser.

For Example (numbers plucked from thin air):

Number of full Bonus Points = 5, times £20 = £100 returned
Number of Discount Bonus Points = 8, times £18 = £144 returned.

Ticket purchased for £380, Amount returned £244, Actual Cost £136

That means the purchaser paid full price for 5 games, in which time they could quite legitimately have been used by an adult (otherwise the purchaser would have claimed the discount for non-attendance), presumably because they wanted to take their mate that day instead.

Arguments over, no cheating, problem solved :wink:

RIP
25-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Surely it’s only a matter of time until the Singing Section takes up a position behind the goals.

Getting a better handle on the logistics of seats in that area is the first step.

There is a medium to long term strategy at play here and I believe Leeann and Neil are pushing progress.

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2018, 01:31 PM
Just to be clear ... as an adult in the FF lower who has always accompanied a family to games I still don't get a 'family' season ticket ... my early bird price was £385 as opposed to the £360 the two other adults in our group will pay.

After next season both the kids in our group will be in the youth and ( almost certainly ) student bracket ..... I'm so desperate to sit in the FF upper, which IMO is the best view in the stadium I'm almost considering covering the difference for them myself so we can all sit up there ... it would be £50 well spent.

That would free up 4 seats in the FF lower :greengrin

Pagan Hibernia
25-03-2018, 01:40 PM
Just to be clear ... as an adult in the FF lower who has always accompanied a family to games I still don't get a 'family' season ticket ... my early bird price was £385 as opposed to the £360 the two other adults in our group will pay.

After next season both the kids in our group will be in the youth and ( almost certainly ) student bracket ..... I'm so desperate to sit in the FF upper, which IMO is the best view in the stadium I'm almost considering covering the difference for them myself so we can all sit up there ... it would be £50 well spent.

FF upper... Arthur’s seat peeking over the horizon 💚

Scouse Hibee
25-03-2018, 01:51 PM

Interesting that you consider FF upper as best seats in stadium. Apart from away games where you have no choice I hate watching from behind the goals these days.
For me it's much more enjoyable from a side view of the pitch. I struggle with distance and perspective when watching from one end especially when play is up the other end.

WhileTheChief..
25-03-2018, 01:55 PM
I’ve only sat in the FF upper a few times and also find it hard following the action at the other end of the pitch.

Was there for the AEK game though and it was amazing seeing the rest of the stadium bouncing so much.

tamig
25-03-2018, 01:59 PM
The £25 tickets are an investment by the club, kids aren't under 12 yr old for life and my daughter this year moves up to a youth ticket, which she is desperate to get since she has the habit now, her brother will follow suit and hopefully they'll go on to be adult ST holders too.
Hold your nerve Hibs and keep this deal going, I'd be interested to know how many current attendees started off on the £25 ticket?
I can remember when we had a half empty stadium and folk were shouting to give tickets away for free as it would make fans for life, well this system is better and I think it has made numerous fans for life
I get what you’re saying. However. If the area is sold out how do you explain it being almost half empty for the bulk of games?

overdrive
25-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Interesting that you consider FF upper as best seats in stadium. Apart from away games where you have no choice I hate watching from behind the goals these days.
For me it's much more enjoyable from a side view of the pitch. I struggle with distance and perspective when watching from one end especially when play is up the other end.

I’m the opposite. I hate watching from the side and I struggle to see properly whenever the ball is at either end on that side of the pitch. We tried out a few seats in the North most section of the West Upper towards the end of last season and it was woeful.

Hardly any of the people in the front two rows of S25 of the FF Upper moved despite a fair bit of pressure from Hibs to do so. The reason was that most of us thought we had some of the best seats in the stadium.

tamig
25-03-2018, 02:08 PM
So the people that have family tickets in the ff lower should be bumped in favour of fair weather fans that will turn up (probably pissed) for a handful of cat A games. Those that have there seats in the FF will have bee there for years and through the ***** times. So now we're on the up, these guys get penalised for wanting to take their kids to make room for folk that want to attend the hearts, Celtic and the rangers games. Then if there a few seasons decline, these guys will not bother their arse and seats will be empty.

Trying to solve a problem that isn't really there and penalizing people for introducing their kids to hibs and football is shan. These kids attending now are the next generation and theirs are the generation after that. Kids should be encouraged to the games.

And to lay the blame at child non attendees is off the mark. There are a number of adults round me in the FF Lower that aren't there every home game.
I think the issue is that there are new families keen to get STs in the area but they can’t as it’s sold out - even though there are a huge number of nom-attendees at most games. I think it’s correct that the club should be looking to accommodate these potential new lifelong fans. I’m assuming the folk who have received the letters are ones where one or more of the tickets in their group have been unused for a decent number of games. That’s stopping others from having the opportunity to attend.

hibbyfraelibby
25-03-2018, 02:19 PM

Why would Ann B(udge) issue a line?

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2018, 02:45 PM

Funny how folk are different S.H. ... I find that from the elevated position I have a far better perspective of how play is developing up the other end of the park. I also think that from behind the goals you get a far better idea of the movement of the play across the pitch ... for example, SJM's sublime 40 yard diagonal to McLaren in the derby.

j'adore hibs
25-03-2018, 02:51 PM
I'd hope that when peoples children grew up they would move to other areas of the stadium and free up space to allow families with young children to benefit from the family friendly pricing.

where are these spaces, far east or west of the east stand, right up the back or down the front? nothing in west really either, the stadium isnt big enough to still get a decent seat if you have to move from FF lower. to me its simple, if tickets dont get used then next season they have to pay full kids price, i will be looking to stay where i am, great seats behind the goal and seeing the kids tickets prices rise to youth and adult in the process. why should i move when ive sat there for years?

mcfly
25-03-2018, 02:57 PM

Exactly. Why should you have to move seats potentially you have sat there for years.

Hibs could irritate fans who have been season ticket holders for years and years all through the bad times. Where were all those extra fans then???

Yes it’s a nice problem to have - having so many season ticket holders but loyalty has to be taken into account as well.

tamig
25-03-2018, 02:59 PM
Exactly. Why should you have to move seats potentially you have sat there for years.

Hibs could irritate fans who have been season ticket holders for years and years all through the bad times. Where were all those extra fans then???

Yes it’s a nice problem to have - having so many season ticket holders but loyalty has to be taken into account as well.

Are these the folk who are getting the emails though?

Billy Whizz
25-03-2018, 02:59 PM
Funny how folk are different S.H. ... I find that from the elevated position I have a far better perspective of how play is developing up the other end of the park. I also think that from behind the goals you get a far better idea of the movement of the play across the pitch ... for example, SJM's sublime 40 yard diagonal to McLaren in the derby.

I’m with SH, hating watching football from behind the goals now. Seems most away grounds we go too, we are behind the goals, apart from Tannadice I think, of the bigger grounds we visit

lord bunberry
25-03-2018, 03:05 PM
We buy single seats in the lower FF, the kids that are with us are on their Mothers database, so going by your reckoning we (Wife & I) shouldnt be allowed to purchase tickets ?

We all attend as a family & when the kids Mother or Father cant attend (due to work) then we take the kids along to the game
That’s not what I’m saying, and as soon as I finished typing my previous post I knew someone would come up with an example like you have. I’m talking about people with no children and have no intention of going to the game with children. These people should move out of the FF lower and sit elsewhere in the stadium. It’s supposed to be the family area, but the language in there was worse than in the east. Some of that was coming from people there with their kids, but mostly it wasn’t.

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2018, 03:09 PM
I’m with SH, hating watching football from behind the goals now. Seems most away grounds we go too, we are behind the goals, apart from Tannadice I think, of the bigger grounds we visit

Spent a season in the east not long after it opened, quite close to half way and very high up .... you couldn't argue with the view, it was magnificent, but I still found myself hankering after my behind the goals perspective :dunno:

lord bunberry
25-03-2018, 03:12 PM

They should move because they’re sitting in the family section. New families could be buying those seats and starting the next generation of supporters.

Billy Whizz
25-03-2018, 03:14 PM
Spent a season in the east not long after it opened, quite close to half way and very high up .... you couldn't argue with the view, it was magnificent, but I still found myself hankering after my behind the goals perspective :dunno:

It’s all about what makes you happy

mcfly
25-03-2018, 03:16 PM
They should move because they’re sitting in the family section. New families could be buying those seats and starting the next generation of supporters.

What a load of rubbish.. I go with my dad does that mean we are not a family? Where are all those new seats for the families you are chucking out to make way.

They’ve had season tickets for years but now are moved to seats no one wants. Good customer service that is

lord bunberry
25-03-2018, 03:18 PM
What a load of rubbish.. I go with my dad does that mean we are not a family?
It means you shouldn’t be sitting in an area designated for adults with young children.

mcfly
25-03-2018, 03:20 PM
It means you shouldn’t be sitting in an area designated for adults with young children.

So where are those people who have had season tickets for years to move to...there are no seats for them

This will be a big problem too if section 50 people are forced to move

Kaff
25-03-2018, 03:24 PM
I get what you’re saying. However. If the area is sold out how do you explain it being almost half empty for the bulk of games?

Agree that is annoying and hopefully the new initiative by the club on releasing seats for sale will alleviate that?
For the 'sold out' games I haven't seen empty seats in our area and although annoying to see gaps at other games there has still been tickets available in the South stand so other than actually not allowing the kids ST sales I'm not sure how more people can get into the sold out matches.

While the Chief above states the ticket price is £25/18 but in effect ours will be £360+£25/18 = ~£21.50 for an adult and child or £360+£110(or is it £85? Haven't renewed yet)/18 for an adult and youth. Taking the £25 as a stand alone cost is disingenuous since there is no such ticket available

lord bunberry
25-03-2018, 03:26 PM
So where are those people who have had season tickets for years to move to...there are no seats for them

This will be a big problem too if section 50 people are forced to move
I would imagine there will be seats available somewhere in the stadium. The biggest problem with this is the half ***** way in which the whole family section was introduced. It should be made clear that if you’re sitting in that section it’s because you are attending with children (most of the time). The problem now is that people like yourself are being made to suffer for it. Personally I would have moved the family section to the area in the east closest to the ff, but it should have been done years ago, it’s probably too late now.

WhileTheChief..
25-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Filling in the corners would save so many problems :cb

WhileTheChief..
25-03-2018, 04:22 PM
Agree that is annoying and hopefully the new initiative by the club on releasing seats for sale will alleviate that?
For the 'sold out' games I haven't seen empty seats in our area and although annoying to see gaps at other games there has still been tickets available in the South stand so other than actually not allowing the kids ST sales I'm not sure how more people can get into the sold out matches.

While the Chief above states the ticket price is £25/18 but in effect ours will be £360+£25/18 = ~£21.50 for an adult and child or £360+£110(or is it £85? Haven't renewed yet)/18 for an adult and youth. Taking the £25 as a stand alone cost is disingenuous since there is no such ticket available

So adult + child = £21.50

Adult = £21.39

You’re paying £0.11 per game for your kid.

Nothing disingenuous about that :na na:

hibbysam
25-03-2018, 04:40 PM
I would imagine there will be seats available somewhere in the stadium. The biggest problem with this is the half ***** way in which the whole family section was introduced. It should be made clear that if you’re sitting in that section it’s because you are attending with children (most of the time). The problem now is that people like yourself are being made to suffer for it. Personally I would have moved the family section to the area in the east closest to the ff, but it should have been done years ago, it’s probably too late now.

So, what if Hibs done that, the ‘family area’ didn’t sell out but the rest of the stadium did, any other fans wanting to attend couldn’t even though there were 500 empty seats? Mental.

Kaff
25-03-2018, 05:26 PM

Adult = £21.39

It is absolutely a good deal, I've been to away games where parent and child have been £20 and adult price on own has also been £20 so Hibs are ripping me off!

I know there are areas which can wind others up but I think its a decent system and unlike the loyalty points I hope the club perhaps tweak rather than ditch it to appease the minority (Imo).
The wide range of ages at Easter Road is a huge plus and shouldn't be disregarded, thankfully there is a vibrant youthful percentage to keep the club growing. We don't want to head down the path where only middle aged well paid folk can attend games as that will bring a staleness we want to leave behind not encourage

Billy Whizz
25-03-2018, 05:27 PM

Adult = £21.39

I presume VAT still has to be taken off?

speedy_gonzales
25-03-2018, 05:39 PM
There might well be a case here for Hibs to rationalise the spare single seats throughout the stadium.
It seems to me there's a desire from fans to buy tickets in 2's, 3's or more but the single seats are spread out throughout the stands.
Would it be such a big ask to move folk along "their row" in the close season so as to free up all these currently unattractive seating options,,,,

CapitalGreen
25-03-2018, 05:54 PM
There might well be a case here for Hibs to rationalise the spare single seats throughout the stadium.
It seems to me there's a desire from fans to buy tickets in 2's, 3's or more but the single seats are spread out throughout the stands.
Would it be such a big ask to move folk along "their row" in the close season so as to free up all these currently unattractive seating options,,,,

This. I think it should also be possible in the ticketing system to prevent people purchasing tickets which would leave vacant single seats. I can’t remember what event it was for but I have seen this implemented on ticket websites before. For example, if you wish to purchase a pair of tickets and seats 1-4 are vacant it prevents you from purchasing seats 2 & 3 together which would leave 1 and 4 as single seats.

Maz
25-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Easier said than done. Quite a lot of those moved due to the singing section went to the black seats in the FF Upper which are great seats. The folk in there are getting moved though season after next I think. Those that had to move out of the FF (e.g. due to the lift being closed) were often offered seats by the Club that were free for a reason. That reason being that nobody else would touch them. I know some people couldn’t get a suitable seat for their needs.

With so many STs now, if the Club move a lot of folk en-mass it will be more difficult to accommodate them, especially if they are part of a large group.

I agree with you here. We had to move because of the lift situation, we tried various seats in other stands that were empty because no-one would ever want to sit in them including one that you couldn’t see the goal-line. The Club actually gave us the seats in the FF Lower. I think they should extend Family prices to other parts of the ground so everyone is happy. I really can’t see where Hibs are going to accommodate all the people they are going to have to move. Also, these new ST holders might come for one season whereas I know people who have had their seats in FF Lower for years.

oneone73
25-03-2018, 07:03 PM

And Pittodrie.

derekduval
25-03-2018, 07:28 PM
Suppose It’s handy to have kids season tickets which can be used when others want to come and sit with their mates. You can upgrade the kids season tickets but it’s a hassle to upgrade and collect tickets. For £25 it’s a guaranteed ticket when required. Releasing the seats when not being used is good but I guess in demand games will probably be used.

Daydreamer
26-03-2018, 10:09 AM
Folks, noticed when looking for a season next to mine for a friend that there are quite a few in a decent sized group available in Section 38 of the East. Think they might be the seasons that Frank Suzy gets for the kids that maybe have been released already. Should be handy for anyone that is thinking of moving from the FF

Mr Grieves
26-03-2018, 11:27 AM

The problem with that suggestion is my 6 year old son doesn't attend evening games, so I would lose out despite paying for a full price adult ticket.

Steven79
26-03-2018, 12:07 PM
The problem with that suggestion is my 6 year old son doesn't attend evening games, so I would lose out despite paying for a full price adult ticket.

I don't think any reasonable person would have a problem with that and wouldn't expect you not to be able to attend without him.

The problem is when people buy kids season tickets but never actually take the kids apart from 2 or 3 games a season as the FF lower always has free seats despite being sold out or as good as.

aiden15088
26-03-2018, 04:12 PM
I think the issue is that there are new families keen to get STs in the area but they can’t as it’s sold out - even though there are a huge number of nom-attendees at most games. I think it’s correct that the club should be looking to accommodate these potential new lifelong fans. I’m assuming the folk who have received the letters are ones where one or more of the tickets in their group have been unused for a decent number of games. That’s stopping others from having the opportunity to attend.

I agree with fuzzywuzzy suddenly hibs are on the up and now everyone seems to be coming out of the woodwork and wanting too take their kids and the loyal people that that have been watching dross over the years in the ff lower are getting penalised.
If hibs never won the Scottish the average attendance would be about 6000

Scouse Hibee
26-03-2018, 07:13 PM
I agree with fuzzywuzzy suddenly hibs are on the up and now everyone seems to be coming out of the woodwork and wanting too take their kids and the loyal people that that have been watching dross over the years in the ff lower are getting penalised.

What's your point? We did win the cup,Hibs are flying and attendances are up.

SirDavidsNapper
26-03-2018, 07:20 PM

Would never have been as low as 6000 but if your auntie had bollocks and all that...

guthrie01
26-03-2018, 07:22 PM

Totally agree, still raging we won the Scottish Cup :grr:

tamig
26-03-2018, 08:05 PM
I’m sure folk who have attended the majority of games and all of the tickets in their group have also been usef, i.e., not empty seats, aren’t being booted out. The issue is with kids tickets being purchased and barely used. Kind of like a towel lying on an empty sunbed all day. I think you maybe missed the point.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
26-03-2018, 08:08 PM
This is like that national lottery advert... nicer problems to have!

BoomtownHibees
26-03-2018, 08:14 PM

Would you prefer we went back to being dross?

BSEJVT
26-03-2018, 09:49 PM

Sorry but I cant agree with that

Why should someone who has sat there for donkeys years and made friends with folk around them have to move because their children happen to grow up?

What if they cant a space for their group in another stand or they don't like the experience elsewhere and stop going?

Will we next be specifying how may people can accompany a child or providing a child to adult ratio.

Somehow or other we need to be able to accommodate everyone who wants to buy a season ticket and as many of those who want to walk up as is humanly possible.

If that means imaginative solutions like Cat B season tickets in the South Stand so be it

BSEJVT
26-03-2018, 09:57 PM

It is certainly worth more than that, but IMO it would be a very sad day if family's were priced out of taking their children.

BTW this isn't a personal agenda thing my two are 28 and 26 and sit in the West Stand.

The time of maximum pressure on the family budget is when the kids are wee as either mum or dad depending on their choices don't work a lot of hours as the cost of paying for childcare can for many outweigh the income earned as the kids need full time care and aren't at school or can be left to their own devices even for short times.

If I need to subsidise people in that situation by having to pay more than I would if their tickets were dearer its a price I am willing to pay.

WhileTheChief..
26-03-2018, 09:59 PM
Not saying I agree with this but the simple answer to your point is that the FF lower is a family section and not for you. Sorry!

Kinda irrelevant that you’ve been there for years - you could say you’ve been fortunate to have been allowed to for so long! Similarly, I wouldn’t expect to be able to sit there with my mate and his kids.

I know that sounds harsh and I don’t mean it to be.

If I were you I’d contact the club and explain the situation. I’m sure they will accommodate those in a similar situation as it can only be a handful of folk we’re talking about here, not hundreds.

A quick email mail to them should hopefully ease any concerns. Good luck.

WhileTheChief..
26-03-2018, 10:05 PM
It is certainly worth more than that, but IMO it would be a very sad day if family's were priced out of taking their children.

BTW this isn't a personal agenda thing my two are 28 and 26 and sit in the West Stand.

The time of maximum pressure on the family budget is when the kids are wee as either mum or dad depending on their choices don't work a lot of hours as the cost of paying for childcare can for many outweigh the income earned as the kids need full time care and aren't at school or can be left to their own devices even for short times.

If I need to subsidise people in that situation by having to pay more than I would if their tickets were dearer its a price I am willing to pay.

Yeah but let’s not pretend that every family with kids is living off food banks.

Plenty in Behind the Goals with parents having a few beers, or climbing out of their parents Merc’s or BMWs!!

Pretty sure they can afford more than 11p per game.

11 pence ffs. £11 would still be terrific value.

percy veer
27-03-2018, 12:05 AM
jealousy is a terrible trait in people.

Hibby70
27-03-2018, 05:52 AM
Think we need to chip away at the problem. If there are people buying these to get an extra cup final ticket then we remove that privilege unless the ticket is used 50%

Kojock
27-03-2018, 06:33 AM
Maybe Hibs could clarify their thinking behind the email and what their future plans are for the FF lower.

Onceinawhile
27-03-2018, 06:53 AM
Maybe Hibs could clarify their thinking behind the email and what their future plans are for the FF lower.

To me, it's seemed to be to try and get either the season tickets used more often or those that won't be used given up.

eastcoasthibby
27-03-2018, 07:09 AM
The minimum cost for a kids ticket in FfLower with an adult should be the average of a £5 a game ...or.the.option of £50 for Cat B games only ...first dibs on Cat A games at £8 a game. ..the world moves on and Hibs are a business, the catch 22 is that the club need.the fans but the fans in this instance.kids wont go to a game.if.the team are crap ! so the happy medium needs to be found.

Jack
27-03-2018, 07:14 AM

Hibs want it to be a family section where family groups, with kids, can sit. Where they can concentrate their child friendly activities and grow future generations of supporters.

Simples.

hibsforeurope
27-03-2018, 07:58 AM
Sorry but I cant agree with that

Why should someone who has sat there for donkeys years and made friends with folk around them have to move because their children happen to grow up?

What if they cant a space for their group in another stand or they don't like the experience elsewhere and stop going?

Will we next be specifying how may people can accompany a child or providing a child to adult ratio.

Somehow or other we need to be able to accommodate everyone who wants to buy a season ticket and as many of those who want to walk up as is humanly possible.

If that means imaginative solutions like Cat B season tickets in the South Stand so be it

Would a parent who has made friends with other parents at the school gates, whilst dropping off their kid at school, continue to meet these people at the school gates long after their child has left school?

Surely they would move on to another place to meet.

This would be my take on the FF lower, now that is has been made the designated child friendly seating area.

i'm not talking about moving everyone who currently sits in there, as many tickets are accompanying children.

my suggestion would be making it a parent and child ticket, £385 for adult and U-11, with different add ons for 2 adults/children, different age ranges etc.

We have to start somewhere in an attempt to make space for new families wanting to get season tickets.

EH54
27-03-2018, 08:57 AM
It's not just to accommodate those who have been going sice we won the SC I have been a ST holder for the last 10 years on and off for 18 and soon I will be hoping to change to family section so I can start taking my Son right now that won't be possible. Family stands should be for families as harsh as it sounds surely it's common sense Hibs haven't had this problem before but surely getting kids bums on seats and encouraging our next generation is more important... My view is obviously slightly bias although don't sit in family section just yet

EH54
27-03-2018, 09:05 AM
Another option is to open other parts of the ground for Families perhaps its time to look at CatB season tickets in the South too

lord bunberry
27-03-2018, 10:56 AM
It's not just to accommodate those who have been going sice we won the SC I have been a ST holder for the last 10 years on and off for 18 and soon I will be hoping to change to family section so I can start taking my Son right now that won't be possible. Family stands should be for families as harsh as it sounds surely it's common sense Hibs haven't had this problem before but surely getting kids bums on seats and encouraging our next generation is more important... My view is obviously slightly bias although don't sit in family section just yet
Your situation was exactly like mine. The only difference was that I was easily able to get a ticket in the FF as we had just been relegated. I lasted 1 season in there as it’s far from a family friendly atmosphere. The only advantage at the moment to sitting in there is the cheap kids season ticket. I’ve sat up in family sections in other stadiums and you get warned for using bad language. Personally it’s not something that bothers me, but I moved out after 1 season because it was pointless being in there, there’s nothing family orientated about that stand.

EH54
27-03-2018, 11:06 AM
@lord bunberry (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?15358-lord-bunberry)

Interesting, The ticket price is a bonus but I would happily pay the extra £80 or so for a child ticket elsewhere in the ground but just assumed the FF lower would be the best place with mostly families and wouldn't need to worry about standing to see the game etc.

lord bunberry
27-03-2018, 11:14 AM
@lord bunberry (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?15358-lord-bunberry)

Interesting, The ticket price is a bonus but I would happily pay the extra £80 or so for a child ticket elsewhere in the ground but just assumed the FF lower would be the best place with mostly families and wouldn't need to worry about standing to see the game etc.
In my experience it was just the same as sitting in any other stand, that’s why I moved out after 1 season. If they’re going to make it a family stand, they should do it properly. Unfortunately that means moving people out, and lots of people don’t want to move.

percy veer
27-03-2018, 11:52 AM
The minimum cost for a kids ticket in FfLower with an adult should be the average of a £5 a game ...or.the.option of £50 for Cat B games only ...first dibs on Cat A games at £8 a game. ..the world moves on and Hibs are a business, the catch 22 is that the club need.the fans but the fans in this instance.kids wont go to a game.if.the team are crap ! so the happy medium needs to be found.

If the kids dont watch the "crap" teams what's the problem these are never sold out anyway no problem getting tickets

Fuzzywuzzy
27-03-2018, 12:02 PM
If the kids dont watch the "crap" teams what's the problem these are never sold out anyway no problem getting tickets

That's the thing I don't get. Seems to be kids are to blame that the fair weather fans that want to turn up for the cat A games can't get a ticket while not bothering their arse for the other games.

mcfly
27-03-2018, 12:37 PM

What counts as family? Does going with your elderly dad for years not count as so?

Why should long standing season ticket holders be forced to move?

And where ? To seats new season ticket holders don’t want.

Nice way to reward loyalty

Keith_M
27-03-2018, 12:52 PM
I know I've mentioned this before but I'm not convinced that a truly family only section at ER would need 2,000 seats.

There's loads of people that sit in the FF Lower that wouldn't qualify if it was made a completely Family Section*. Perhaps the club should set aside maybe 3 sections for that, and the other 2 could be mixed.

* Family Section: U16s accompanied by 1 or 2 adults. See, it's not that difficult to define ;-).

overdrive
27-03-2018, 01:04 PM
I agree with you here. We had to move because of the lift situation, we tried various seats in other stands that were empty because no-one would ever want to sit in them including one that you couldn’t see the goal-line. The Club actually gave us the seats in the FF Lower. I think they should extend Family prices to other parts of the ground so everyone is happy. I really can’t see where Hibs are going to accommodate all the people they are going to have to move. Also, these new ST holders might come for one season whereas I know people who have had their seats in FF Lower for years.

That was the case with us as well. Thankfully, my dad (who used to use the lift) can make it up the stairs. It is just that it takes him quite a while to do so. So we stayed put.

Steven79
27-03-2018, 01:17 PM
That was the case with us as well. Thankfully, my dad (who used to use the lift) can make it up the stairs. It is just that it takes him quite a while to do so. So we stayed put.

Is that lower down in the East Stand?

overdrive
27-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Is that lower down in the East Stand?

North most section of the West Upper. One of the ones we tried, the FF goal line is obscured by the side panelling of the West Stand. Another one you couldn’t see parts of the byeline at the South end due to the barriers at the “vomitorium” when sitting and a large number of people loitering at the vomitorium when standing.

Eyrie
27-03-2018, 08:10 PM
What counts as family? Does going with your elderly dad for years not count as so?

Why should long standing season ticket holders be forced to move?

And where ? To seats new season ticket holders don’t want.

Nice way to reward loyalty

I can understand that people want to keep the same seats, particularly given the difficulty in getting good seats together elsewhere in the ground due to record season ticket sales.

But on the other hand the Famous Five Lower contains very cheap child seats to help families take young kids and get them interested in attending Hibs games. Once the kids are too old for the £25 tickets then by staying put their family is preventing the next generation of young kids from getting the benefit of the reduced ticket prices.

Maybe the solution is to give those who have outgrown the FF Lower a few days with exclusive choice of those seats where season tickets haven't been renewed.

Scouse Hibee
27-03-2018, 08:15 PM
I can understand that people want to keep the same seats, particularly given the difficulty in getting good seats together elsewhere in the ground due to record season ticket sales.

But on the other hand the Famous Five Lower contains very cheap child seats to help families take young kids and get them interested in attending Hibs games. Once the kids are too old for the £25 tickets then by staying put their family is preventing the next generation of young kids from getting the benefit of the reduced ticket prices.

Maybe the solution is to give those who have outgrown the FF Lower a few days with exclusive choice of those seats where season tickets haven't been renewed.

The whole idea of only allowing the child £25 price in one stand has contributed massively to this issue we are now seeing with mass empty seats in the FF. If the price for a certain age child is £25 then the parent should have been able to buy their kid a ST regardless of what stand they chose.

Kojock
27-03-2018, 08:36 PM
My 6 year old grandson has a season ticket for the West Upper. Cost me £70 but is still great value for money. Unfortunately he only comes down to Edinburgh every other weekend so it's pot luck if a home game coincides with his visit. Be lucky if it's been used half dozen times this season.