PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite ever Hibs moments as a Hibs supporter

Austinho
22-03-2018, 09:15 AM
Some may have more sentimental value, or you just had a bloody good day out. Last minute winners, celebrations after the match, anything you like really.

1. Sunshine on Leith at the Scottish Cup Final. I’d flow from New Zealand for the match to surprise my dad, and as such couldn’t get a ticket next to him for the game. I knew roughly where in the stadium he was sitting in, so when David Gray banged in that winner, the pitch invasion meant I was able find him, just in time to sing Sunshine on Leith in celebration together. A truely special moment.
2. CIS Cup Final. Never thought I was ever going to see Hibs win a trophy, and when we did it was worth the wait. The celebrations in the stadium after, bouncing around to Chelsea Dagger and I’m On My Way.
3. Brondby away trip. Specifically marching through the centre of Copenhagen on the way to the game. The trip was incredible - felt like such a poiganant moment having so many fans there truely enjoying being a Hibs fan again after years of torment in the Scottish Cup and relegation, seemed like we were on the up on the way to the big time again. The scenes at the goal we scored, and the 3 day long party obviously added to the experience!
3. Winning at Ibrox 3-0. There’s been a hell of a lot of 3-0 wins there, but this was when it was still a novelty. When O’Connor, Sproule and Killen all scored in the cup, and there was 5-7k Hibees. I thought the stand was going to fall down each time we scored, and someone near me celebrated so hard, one of the seats snapped. I still have a piece of Ibrox in my memory box - quarantined of course.
4. Scottish Cup Final parade. The scenes in Edinburgh were amazing - made me proud to be a Hibee.
5. Watching the Millennium Derby on TV. Think it was the first time I’d watched us win at Tynecastle. Didn’t matter that I wasn’t at the game, as a kid, I think I replayed the Sauzee goal non stop for the next 3 days.
6. Sir David Gray’s goal. Was actually a bit of a blur and can’t remember the moment too well - can’t not include it though!
7. The moment Tony Stokes scored the first goal in the cup final. It was completely unknown territory for us Hibs fans at the time - don’t think we’d ever been in a winning position in a Scottish Cup Final in my lifetime. It felt good.
8. Sunshine on Leith vs AEK Athens. The best atmosphere I’ve ever seen at Easter Road.
9. Helicopter Sunday (controversial one I know!) It was the first time I’d ever gone to a game without my dad, took a friend and had a couple of drinks beforehand. Despite the horrible feeling of seeing Rangers (RIP) win the league in our ground, it was still an amazing spectical to watch. Of course, I wouldn’t have been saying that if we hadn’t just qualified for Europe and celebrated with our own pitch invasion before the SPL trophy was flown in.
10. Stokes early goal against Rangers at Easter Road. Think it was when John Hughes was in charge at the time. We’d started the season absolutely flying and people were talking us up as actual title contenders. When we took the lead, I think everyone around me truely believed. I was in the old east stand and ended up 4 or 5 rows forward during the goal celebration. Think we got humped eventually.

SirDavidsNapper
22-03-2018, 09:19 AM
3-0 Scottish cup win at Ibrox with around 8k Hibs fans in the away end will always be right up there. The stand was literally shaking.

calumhibee1
22-03-2018, 09:30 AM
1. David Grays header
2. Lifting the trophy
3. The parade
4. CIS cup final
5. Beating Rangers 4-0 at ER. Was the most one sided game against one of the OF that we’ll ever see.

Forza Fred
22-03-2018, 09:32 AM
The Scottish Cup win.

Being at Tynecastle on 1/1/73.

LithgaeHibby
22-03-2018, 09:35 AM
All of the above, plus:

* the unfurling of the "Natural Order ?" banner. One of the truly great Easter Road moments.
* Hibs v Dundee Utd (1986) - wasn't there, but have heard plenty about it!
* "Booked for being ugly"

Earlydelivery
22-03-2018, 09:38 AM
21/05/16 then closely followed by Hibs vs Sporting Lisbon ... 2 great games that stick on my mind .

Sir David Gray
22-03-2018, 09:39 AM
Scottish Cup final 21st May 2016. Nothing else even comes close.

GreenCastle
22-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Don’t forget 6-2 (going on 10+) and 0-7

Salt N Sauzee
22-03-2018, 09:45 AM
David Gray 21/05/2016. Close the thread :wink:

IGRIGI
22-03-2018, 09:45 AM
To add to those already mentioned I'll add the 2-0 "unbeatable" derby, incredible atmosphere that day and the roof was coming off when O'Connor slammed in the 2nd.

Northernhibee
22-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Ignoring the obvious ones:

Wotherspoon scoring to make their cup reign as short as it could have been. It seemed to be headed for a boring 0-0 and that came out of nowhere.

Lewis Stevenson's lap of honour at his testimonial to SoL. So well deserved.

The Falkirk 4-3 game. Never felt so angry as when the third goal went in. Total elation at Sparky's thunderbolt to win it.

Eaststandee
22-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Scottish cup apart, Rob Jones scoring that first goal at the CIS cup final, I can see now as if it happened yesterday, the big beautiful baldy *******. :aok:

wpj
22-03-2018, 10:02 AM
The "Souness" game, absolutely mental atmosphere that day.

SirDavidsNapper
22-03-2018, 10:08 AM
All of the above, plus:

* the unfurling of the "Natural Order ?" banner. One of the truly great Easter Road moments.
* Hibs v Dundee Utd (1986) - wasn't there, but have heard plenty about it!
* "Booked for being ugly"

Will gain legendary status as the years go on. Brilliant moment.

Hillsidehibby
22-03-2018, 10:15 AM
The cup parade. Missed the final due to a bereavement.
Skol cup final/semi final
Steve Archibald goal at Tynecastle.
Geebsie’s goal to end that run at Tynecastle
Copenhagen
Hands off Hibs rally at ER

we are hibs
22-03-2018, 10:16 AM
Hanlon at Tynie, El Alagui to clinch it against hearts a few years back, Doyle equaliser vs falkirk, Riordan pen at tynie, caldwell winner at tynie, boruc spilling zemmama's shot and shiels scoring in the last minute, zemmama vs hearts, benji vs hearts, malonga vs the sheep, griffiths vs celtic, Liam Craig vs the huns, maclaren at ibrox a few weeks back, maclaren vs hearts, Shinnie vs hearts, Fletcher scoring the fifth vs Killie

Ian Black being subbed after Scott Allan ripped the complete pish out him for 35 minutes was also a great moment

PatHead
22-03-2018, 10:17 AM
A simple thing about the whole match experience is I love meeting my sons and mates for a wee blether in the pub before and after a match.

Famous Fiver
22-03-2018, 10:29 AM
Joe Baker's 4 goals against the Jambos
Joe Baker kissing the ground at ER.
Bobby Kinloch penalty vs Barcelona
Bobby Duncan goal vs Napoli
All 7 at Tynecastle 01.01.1973.

Enough to be going on with.

Austinho
22-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Hanlon at Tynie, El Alagui to clinch it against hearts a few years back, Doyle equaliser vs falkirk, Riordan pen at tynie, caldwell winner at tynie, boruc spilling zemmama's shot and shiels scoring in the last minute, zemmama vs hearts, benji vs hearts, malonga vs the sheep, griffiths vs celtic, Liam Craig vs the huns, maclaren at ibrox a few weeks back, maclaren vs hearts, Shinnie vs hearts, Fletcher scoring the fifth vs Killie

Ian Black being subbed after Scott Allan ripped the complete pish out him for 35 minutes was also a great momentThe goal he scored where he ran the length of the pitch to the Hearts fans?

https://youtu.be/yDF9SweCJYk Probably the best save Zibi ever made!

brog
22-03-2018, 11:04 AM
So many magical moments & so many disasters as well but for me the seminal moment was when Alastair McKenzie blew the final whistle on Dec 9, 1972.
!. That was our 1st cup win for 70 years & I was just a child when we won league titles in the fifties. There was probably no one there who had seen us win a cup before.
2. I had already seen us lose 3 cup finals & the pain from the 6-1 loss only 7 months earlier was still present.
3. That the goals were scored by my 2 friends & 2 subsequent Hibs legends was only the icing on the cake.
4. That game presaged the greatest period of play ever from Hibs in my time. 8-1 against Ayr the next game, a 1-1 draw at Darkheid, a 3-2 win over Aberdeen which was an outstanding game & of course a pleasant little sojourn to PBS on 1/1/73 where we scored our 105th to 111th competitive goals that season!

As we've won another 2 league cups since & another trophy IIRC a couple of years ago, younger fans may not appreciate the history of that breakthrough but the League Cup was starting to take on the same hoodoo like qualities as the big trophy. That win broke the hoodoo & also ensured The Tornadoes had at least one tangible result to show for their wonderful entertaining football.

Diclonius
22-03-2018, 11:08 AM
1. 21/05/16
2. Hanlon 90+1
3. Falkirk semi final, coming back from 3-0 down to win 4-3 really was something special
4. 4-0 v Rangers at ER
5. 3-1 replay v them last season, first and only time I've really seen us completely dominate Hearts in terms of chances and scoreline

SideBurns
22-03-2018, 11:30 AM
For sentimental value: coming out of the East Terracing after beating Hearts 2-1 in 1987 (our first since win over them since they came back up in '83) and bumping into my auld man outside; he'd been in Greece on holiday and had got back that day, I hadn't seen him and didnae know he had a ticket for the match!

Big hug, then off he went to Jimmy O'Rourke's pub, where Joe Baker joined the celebrating Hibs fans along with Tommy Gemmell (both managing at Albion Rovers at the time). My dad said he felt a bit sorry for Gemmell - everyone ignored him and flocked round Joe!

EH26
22-03-2018, 11:50 AM
Beating the great Dino Zoffs Napoli 5-0 , can still almost feel the sense of disbelief of that great night .First ever trophy win watch ,the 1972 League Cup win .The best performance, I think I've seen in a match by a Hibs player ,for me ,was tha day by the peerless Pat Stanton . But of course ,the greatest day of all ,the day I dreaded I may never see , the day Hibernian won the Scottish Cup .What a joy it's been being a Hibee

NAE NOOKIE
22-03-2018, 01:45 PM
3rd of May 1975

The day I realised that by 'supporting' Celtic I was being a traitor to my roots, my city and a stinky wee glory hunting radge. The 2nd best decision I ever made, the first being which Edinburgh club to support, and I've never looked back ..... what a rollercoaster ride though :greengrin

Jones28
22-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Will gain legendary status as the years go on. Brilliant moment.

My moment of the season so far by a country mile

Jones28
22-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Not in any order but:

All things 21/5/16.

CIS cup final - my cousins came down from Shetland for it and there was something in the air that day, just a supreme confidence we would waltz it.

Beating the Huns 3-0 in the Scottish cup at Ibrox

6-2 - I was there and the memories are blurred but I was!

Spoony scoring the goal in the SC against Hearts

Natural order banner being unveiled

A weird one but the night of the 3-0 defeat in the SC to Celtic. Went to Robbies and had a party that night - doing a conga in one door and out the other was great fun.

wearethehibs
22-03-2018, 01:58 PM
Colin Nish scoring a hat trick v Motherwell.

Geo_1875
22-03-2018, 02:27 PM
Obviously the Cup win and all 3 league cups, big derby games and turning over the Old Firm and Sevco.

Other games that stick in my mind are 3-0 V Porto in 1967. European games were always special but this one was my first with my pals. At 9 years old we thought it would always be like that.

More recently the cup game away to Kilmarnock in 2013. The stand was rocking all afternoon.

calumhibee1
22-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Obviously the Cup win and all 3 league cups, big derby games and turning over the Old Firm and Sevco.

Other games that stick in my mind are 3-0 V Porto in 1967. European games were always special but this one was my first with my pals. At 9 years old we thought it would always be like that.

More recently the cup game away to Kilmarnock in 2013. The stand was rocking all afternoon.

That killie game was outstanding!

Stuart93
22-03-2018, 02:40 PM
3-0 Scottish cup win at Ibrox with around 8k Hibs fans in the away end will always be right up there. The stand was literally shaking.

That's my memory of that game, hibees bounce after our 1st goal and feeling the stand moving beneath my feet. Craziness.

Peevemor
22-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Joe Baker kissing the turf at the Hands off Hibs rally at ER.
Rangers 90/91 League Cup semi (Keith Keith Keith...)
Returning to my local after 6-2. The locals were split 50/50 Hibs/Hearts and I had a fixed "five friendly pints" bet on each derby with 2-3 of them. Give them their due, they came and took their punishment after the match.

Waxy
22-03-2018, 03:38 PM
21/05/16

SouthMoroccoStu
22-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Garry O’Connor scoring very late on in the “We only had 10 men” derby

DavidDavidGray
22-03-2018, 04:17 PM
3-0 against Dundee United last season was brilliant. McGinns goal in particular was a fantastic moment.

JohnMcM
22-03-2018, 04:41 PM
21/05/16, very closely followed by Bobby Duncan's goal against Napoli when we sensed that something very special was about to happen. Next would be the 0-7 game purely for the sheer joy of that after match feeling as we walked back along Gorgie to Princess Street.

:flag:

shetlandhibee
22-03-2018, 04:49 PM
David Gray 21/05/2016. Close the thread :wink:
:agree::top marksinfact 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000/10 nothing will ever before or probably after come close ..................close the thread:not worth

CLASS OF 72 -73
22-03-2018, 05:29 PM
The Scottish Cup win.

Being at Tynecastle on 1/1/73.

Ready to leave 0-7 game at the Gorgie Road end with my wee brother (12 & 14) and being consoled by older Hearts fans thinking we were young devastated Jambos still in shock. We were hiding our Hibs scarfs under our jumpers which we flashed at the final whistle, gave them abuse and ran in jubilation to catch the 32.

And of course SC May 2016:flag:

Bostonhibby
22-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Ignoring the obvious ones:

Wotherspoon scoring to make their cup reign as short as it could have been. It seemed to be headed for a boring 0-0 and that came out of nowhere.

Lewis Stevenson's lap of honour at his testimonial to SoL. So well deserved.

The Falkirk 4-3 game. Never felt so angry as when the third goal went in. Total elation at Sparky's thunderbolt to win it.Falkirk 4-3 was a great one to be at because of the comeback and the fact that I was meant to be somewhere else and got spotted on TV coverage.

For me it will always be being in hampden with most of the people I'd been every other Hibs final with and feeling strangely confident. A rather good bet on Hibs went west as a result of staying in Edinburgh an extra night!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Hibs Fraggle
22-03-2018, 05:58 PM
21/05/2016 - (Still the longest 2 minutes of my life after SDG hit the back of the net)
4-3 Semi come back
That banner being unfurled

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Northernhibee
22-03-2018, 06:18 PM
I'd give anything to relive the last ten minutes of that match again. Reliving Hendo's corner, not knowing what's coming next. Watching the highlights that night with my dad. Waking up the next morning without a voice, a sore head, reading the news headlines in bed and bursting into happy tears again.

FifeHibs
22-03-2018, 06:46 PM
Choosing Hibs!

SirDavidsNapper
22-03-2018, 06:54 PM
I'd give anything to relive the last ten minutes of that match again. Reliving Hendo's corner, not knowing what's coming next. Watching the highlights that night with my dad. Waking up the next morning without a voice, a sore head, reading the news headlines in bed and bursting into happy tears again.

I'm not sure if i could go through it again without knowing what happens. The nerves and tension almost killed me.

Just Jimmy
22-03-2018, 06:59 PM
I'd give anything to relive the last ten minutes of that match again. Reliving Hendo's corner, not knowing what's coming next. Watching the highlights that night with my dad. Waking up the next morning without a voice, a sore head, reading the news headlines in bed and bursting into happy tears again.funny. I turned to my mate at 1-2 when we were pouring forward again and again and said we're going to win.

I just knew.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
22-03-2018, 07:14 PM
All the above and add the equaliser against Anderlecht away?

Two trips to Belgium

Northernhibee
22-03-2018, 07:24 PM
I'm not sure if i could go through it again without knowing what happens. The nerves and tension almost killed me.

I don't think any other set of fans felt what we felt that day. I'd be tempted to say Leicester but they didn't have an expectation to win the league and their drama and realisation of what was happening unfolded over months, we had two minutes after that goal to come to terms of what was happening. So much emotion condensed into such a short spell of time.

southsider
22-03-2018, 07:45 PM

When the ref gave them a free kick with 30 seconds to Go then awarded it to Hibs

Pagan Hibernia
22-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Hanlon’s equaliser at Tynecastle

Eyrie
22-03-2018, 08:43 PM
27-10-91 for me.

The first trophy I saw us win and on my birthday as well.

jgl07
22-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Gordon Hunter's winner at Tynecastle is up there.

YehButNoBut
22-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Most of it has been covered and 21/05/16 will never be topped.

Just to add the 2 games against Leeds in the 70's, they were a good side at the time and we had a great support down there and should have won but both games finished 0-0 and they won on pens, think Pat was the only one that missed. Mind you we would have won the game at ER as well if it wasn't for an outstanding performance by Billy Bremner he had some game.

Bishop Hibee
22-03-2018, 09:18 PM
SDG's winner and the final whistle will never be beaten.

A personal more obscure favourite was a 0-3 victory at Tannadice in midweek thanks to a Keith Wright hat-trick. I used to go home and away in those days and there were a lot more bad away days than good ones through the 80's and into the 90's. Lucky if there were 300 Hibs fans there to witness it. 27 in the stand as I counted them! The seethe from the Arab announcer for each goal due to Keith having played for Dundee was comedy gold.

HibeeEmma
22-03-2018, 09:28 PM
Hanlon’s equaliser at Tynecastle

That was spectacular

weecounty hibby
22-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Being at Hampden with my son and my mates who I've been going to ER and all over this country and others with, watching the roller coaster that is Hibs. An unbelievable feeling shared with another 25,000 or so.
A purely individual one was being at ER in the old north stand on its last match day v Dundee. I took my uncle to that game, his last at ER, to the north stand. Just like he took me to my first to the north stand way back in 1973. Thanks for making me a Hibby Gordon!

One Day Soon
22-03-2018, 10:19 PM

No-one can ever take all that away. It was like being at the convergence point of destiny, where everything came together perfectly across a hundred years of history in the most complete, fulfilling, emotional way possible.

It was vindication, release, truth, joy, family, community, ecstasy, and heaven on earth all rolled into one. I never have previously - and can't imagine how I ever will again - feel a collective bond and release as total as that day, those moments and the hours, days, weeks and months that followed.

Every single one of us got to that point through 25,000 different individual and family journeys and life stories of years and decades. When the final whistle blew I was immediately aware of being there in that moment with my family - my ten year old son especially - and knowing that this was a unique privilege that so many before us never got to see. Then I turned round to the family behind me - a father, mother, daughter and son just like us - and they were crying, and we were crying. Then we were all hugging and I realised that despite being complete strangers we were bound together by a journey that started long before any of us were born. We weren't strangers at all.

I still cry when I see the final minutes and scenes. I'll never stop feeling happy every time I remember it. I'll never stop feeling grateful to that team for what they achieved.

Sammy7nil
22-03-2018, 10:28 PM
A few more penalty win against Rangers and all their millions
Defeat at Ibrox but winning over the two legs
Beating Celtic in both cups 4-3 then 4-4 winning on pens.

Pretty Boy
22-03-2018, 10:36 PM
A few from me:

22/05/16 - What had happened the day before had sunk in. Enjoying a few beers from early doors, standing on the Links surrounded by friends and family watching an open top bus with a Hibs team and the Scottish Cup on board crawl towards us. Bumping into familiar faces all day. It was just an amazing experience.

The 1st derby after the 2012 final. We had been humped in the 1st game of the season at Tannadice and lost an early goal in the derby. We could have crumbled and a difficult day could have been worse but we showed a bit fight, salvaged a draw and restored a little bit of pride.

27/07/94 - Gorgie Road end at Tynecastle, Gordon Hunter scored, pandemonium and the 1st time I'd seen us beat Hearts 'in the flesh'.

Hanlons equaliser at Tynecastle. Absolute bedlam. I always thought stories of 'I fell 8 rows' were exaggerated nonsense but I went flying after that went in, it was just a tangle of bodies.

1/1/96 - 2 days earlier I'd sat soaked to the bone to the bitter end as we were humiliated 7-0 at Ibrox. We bounced back in the best possible way with a 2-1 win v Hearts. ER was rocking, we lost an early goal but battled back and won it with a stunner from Kevin Harper.

DTS
22-03-2018, 11:01 PM
Trying to think of something a bit out of the box and my first ever “season ticket” game was a special one for me. A 6 year old getting a half season ticket for Christmas produced a 3-2 win over partick. Had full season tickets every year since. Little did I know that 12 years down the line they’d have me in tears celebrating the best day of my life 21.05.2016

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3363431.stm

FranckSuzy
22-03-2018, 11:28 PM
Realising that the FTB had failed in his attempt to takeover Hibs and of course, a certain 21st of May.

Oh, and hearing Deeks had signed-again :hyper

O'Rourke3
22-03-2018, 11:31 PM
As much as my first entry to the ground was great a 0-0 draw versus Hearts was underwhelming. My next game was a 6-1 win versus Malmo. Next Euro games were Sporting, Besa and Split 17 more goals. 9 versus Rosenburg. Keith's goal versus Dunfermline at Hampden. Leighs 4th versus Falkirk. Houch's debut at Tynie and of course Hampden in 2016.The parade. Have to add watching Time for heroes...

monktonharp
22-03-2018, 11:52 PM
3-0 Scottish cup win at Ibrox with around 8k Hibs fans in the away end will always be right up there. The stand was literally shaking.1. winning the Scottish against them. 2. winning 6-2 against the gorgie mob. 3.winning the cup tie you mention, thought the stand would collapse! numerous other high points with just as many lows but those 3 stand out for me

Elephant Stone
22-03-2018, 11:53 PM
The derbies at Easter Road during Mowbray's time were special. Will never forget how the old East looked when Riordan scored those screamers against them - what a sight, bedlam.

Other than the obvious games, the midweek semi against Rangers in the CIS cup was ****ing amazing, quite a small section of Hibs fans but probably the most boisterous away support I've been in, what a night.

snooky
23-03-2018, 12:41 AM
0-7. Realising I'd just had a once in a lifetime experience - then again, maybe not. :wink:

Daydreamer
23-03-2018, 12:43 AM
1. 2016 Scottish cup final

2 New years day 1973

3 6-1 against Sporting Lisbon after being 2-1 down

BILLYHIBS
23-03-2018, 12:54 AM
As a young impressionable Jambo my old man took me to Easter Road in 1968 for the first time (aged 10). The occasion was the Fairs City Cup second round second leg versus Leeds Utd 0-1 on aggregate . In front of a 40000 crowd when the teams ran out under the old floodlights the sight of the green jerseys and the white sleeves reflecting off the lights and the green grass the smell of tabacco and the roar and anticipation of the crowd as soon as Clive Thomas blew his whistle to start the game the green jerseys swarmed around the Leeds box Colin Stein scored with a sublime volley from an acute angle in the first minute lobbing Gary Sprake sending the home fans into raptures squaring the tie on aggregate . I was converted even although the Hibees lost that tie little knowing I was committing my self to fifty years of torture and pain. Glad I saw the Tornadoes and the Holy Grail which unfortunately the old boy never saw.

monktonharp
23-03-2018, 01:02 AM
As a young impressionable Jambo my old man took me to Easter Road in 1968 for the first time (aged 10). The occasion was the Fairs City Cup second round second leg versus Leeds Utd 0-1 on aggregate . In front of a 40000 crowd when the teams ran out under the old floodlights the sight of the green jerseys and the white sleeves reflecting off the lights and the green grass the smell of tabacco and the roar and anticipation of the crowd as soon as Clive Thomas blew his whistle to start the game the green jerseys swarmed around the Leeds box Colin Stein scored with a sublime volley from an acute angle in the first minute lobbing Gary Sprake sending the home fans into raptures squaring the tie on aggregate . I was converted even although the Hibees lost that tie little knowing I was committing my self to fifty years of torture and pain. Glad I saw the Tornadoes and the Holy Grail which unfortunately the old boy never saw.well done to you sir:aok:

Ringothedog
23-03-2018, 08:30 AM
My dad taking me to Easter Road for my first game, this ensured I would be on the greatest rollercoaster journey of my life. PS my first game was a 5-1 defeat of Partick Thistle

One Day
23-03-2018, 08:34 AM
There have many over the years but everything else was eclipsed by the Scottish cup win

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-03-2018, 09:31 AM
Away from games that have all been covered, I really enjoyed the Essen 50th anniversary trip, particularly the few hours spent in the RWE supporters club, pre/post match.

One Day Soon
23-03-2018, 09:34 AM
As a young impressionable Jambo my old man took me to Easter Road in 1968 for the first time (aged 10). The occasion was the Fairs City Cup second round second leg versus Leeds Utd 0-1 on aggregate . In front of a 40000 crowd when the teams ran out under the old floodlights the sight of the green jerseys and the white sleeves reflecting off the lights and the green grass the smell of tabacco and the roar and anticipation of the crowd as soon as Clive Thomas blew his whistle to start the game the green jerseys swarmed around the Leeds box Colin Stein scored with a sublime volley from an acute angle in the first minute lobbing Gary Sprake sending the home fans into raptures squaring the tie on aggregate . I was converted even although the Hibees lost that tie little knowing I was committing my self to fifty years of torture and pain. Glad I saw the Tornadoes and the Holy Grail which unfortunately the old boy never saw.

Top, top post. That could easily be the opening paragraph in an autobiographical book on supporting Hibernian.

:top marks

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Top, top post. That could easily be the opening paragraph in an autobiographical book on supporting Hibernian.

:top marks

I think you're initial post just shades it.

highland hibbee
23-03-2018, 10:59 AM
The 7-0 game was an amazing game for a 10 year old laddie and is right up there.
All the League Cup victories
21-05-2016, for sure.

but my favourite with the advantage of hindsight was I think summer 1992, a pre season game at Deveronvale, on a p*shing wet afternoon. My oldest sons first Hibs game and I didn’t know it at the time but my grannnys last Hibs game.
the lady who made me a Hibbee.
” Forever we’ll be singing”

Pagan Hibernia
23-03-2018, 11:01 AM
but my favourite with the advantage of hindsight was I think summer 1992, a pre season game at Deveronvale, on a p*shing wet afternoon. My oldest sons first Hibs game and I didn’t know it at the time but my grannnys last Hibs game.

The passing of the torch. Beautiful.

Deejk107
23-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Some may have more sentimental value, or you just had a bloody good day out. Last minute winners, celebrations after the match, anything you like really.

1. Sunshine on Leith at the Scottish Cup Final. I’d flow from New Zealand for the match to surprise my dad, and as such couldn’t get a ticket next to him for the game. I knew roughly where in the stadium he was sitting in, so when David Gray banged in that winner, the pitch invasion meant I was able find him, just in time to sing Sunshine on Leith in celebration together. A truely special moment.
2. CIS Cup Final. Never thought I was ever going to see Hibs win a trophy, and when we did it was worth the wait. The celebrations in the stadium after, bouncing around to Chelsea Dagger and I’m On My Way.
3. Brondby away trip. Specifically marching through the centre of Copenhagen on the way to the game. The trip was incredible - felt like such a poiganant moment having so many fans there truely enjoying being a Hibs fan again after years of torment in the Scottish Cup and relegation, seemed like we were on the up on the way to the big time again. The scenes at the goal we scored, and the 3 day long party obviously added to the experience!
3. Winning at Ibrox 3-0. There’s been a hell of a lot of 3-0 wins there, but this was when it was still a novelty. When O’Connor, Sproule and Killen all scored in the cup, and there was 5-7k Hibees. I thought the stand was going to fall down each time we scored, and someone near me celebrated so hard, one of the seats snapped. I still have a piece of Ibrox in my memory box - quarantined of course.
4. Scottish Cup Final parade. The scenes in Edinburgh were amazing - made me proud to be a Hibee.
5. Watching the Millennium Derby on TV. Think it was the first time I’d watched us win at Tynecastle. Didn’t matter that I wasn’t at the game, as a kid, I think I replayed the Sauzee goal non stop for the next 3 days.
6. Sir David Gray’s goal. Was actually a bit of a blur and can’t remember the moment too well - can’t not include it though!
7. The moment Tony Stokes scored the first goal in the cup final. It was completely unknown territory for us Hibs fans at the time - don’t think we’d ever been in a winning position in a Scottish Cup Final in my lifetime. It felt good.
8. Sunshine on Leith vs AEK Athens. The best atmosphere I’ve ever seen at Easter Road.
9. Helicopter Sunday (controversial one I know!) It was the first time I’d ever gone to a game without my dad, took a friend and had a couple of drinks beforehand. Despite the horrible feeling of seeing Rangers (RIP) win the league in our ground, it was still an amazing spectical to watch. Of course, I wouldn’t have been saying that if we hadn’t just qualified for Europe and celebrated with our own pitch invasion before the SPL trophy was flown in.
10. Stokes early goal against Rangers at Easter Road. Think it was when John Hughes was in charge at the time. We’d started the season absolutely flying and people were talking us up as actual title contenders. When we took the lead, I think everyone around me truely believed. I was in the old east stand and ended up 4 or 5 rows forward during the goal celebration. Think we got humped eventually.

We definitely got humped that day Stokes scored that early goal, pretty sure at the time it was the earliest goal in SPL history, not sure though. I was around 10 at the time and I can remember getting a hot dog, taking a bite as the game kicked off and almost choking on it 15 seconds later when we scored. Pretty sure that game ended 4-1 to them though. We were right up there at the top of the league as well, sickening.

Pretty Boy
23-03-2018, 04:56 PM
We definitely got humped that day Stokes scored that early goal, pretty sure at the time it was the earliest goal in SPL history, not sure though. I was around 10 at the time and I can remember getting a hot dog, taking a bite as the game kicked off and almost choking on it 15 seconds later when we scored. Pretty sure that game ended 4-1 to them though. We were right up there at the top of the league as well, sickening.

It was indeed 1-4.

Liam Miller had a pass intercepted and they scored their equaliser from it and we crumbled. It didn't help that MaKalambay chucked 2 in in the 2nd half. Beaten at his near post for the 3rd, then let a very tame shot trickle under his hands for the 4th.

We signed Graeme Smith a few days later so at least we sorted the problem.....

snooky
23-03-2018, 05:16 PM
Getting away from the big games, I remember the cup game at Tynie (13/2/71) when Arthur Duncan scored the winner in the 80th min to make it 1-2. Cracking game & result. :yamlaugh:

brog
23-03-2018, 05:35 PM
The 7-0 game was an amazing game for a 10 year old laddie and is right up there.
All the League Cup victories
21-05-2016, for sure.

Getting away from the big games, I remember the cup game at Tynie (13/2/71) when Arthur Duncan scored the winner in the 80th min to make it 1-2. Cracking game & result. :yamlaugh:

A great pal of mine to this day does a hilarious commentary of that goal featurimg Davie Clunie saying to Arthur, on you go then, no one can score from that angle!!

matty_f
23-03-2018, 05:48 PM
There is the one specific moment that will live with me (and most of us) until my dying day, and that's when the net rippled from David Gray's header at Hampden - those immediate few seconds of utter pandemonium in the Hibs end were as good as it will ever get at the football.

That aside:

- Seeing the Scottish Cup being lifted, then the subsequent parade on the Sunday
- Rob Jones opening the scoring in the CIS Cup Final and Sunshine on Leith at full time
- Wotherspoon knocking them out the cup in 2013
- Cummings scoring to knock them out on the way to win it
- Grant Holt scoring against them
- Paul Hanlon's header to make it 2-2
- The ball hitting the bar, then getting cleared off the line in that game (a total turnaround in fortune from derbies in days gone by)
- 3-0 v Rangers (take your pick which one)
- James Keatings last minute goal v Falkirk which essentially secured the Championship title
- Beating Aberdeen in the cup to end their winning run while we were in the Championship
- Latapy for number 6
- Sauzee in the Millenium derby

There will be loads more, but those are the ones that spring immediately to mind

Sauzee16
23-03-2018, 05:51 PM
Tynie 1999
Tam McManus winner at Killie in the Cup.
Celtic 1 Hibs 3
Rangers 0 Hibs 3 (Ivan and in the Cup)
Hibs 4 Huns 0

All up there but miles behind the Final which was the final before the ultimate final.

weecounty hibby
23-03-2018, 06:10 PM
Had a wee think and John O'Neil's late equaliser at Tiny Tynie.
Taking my kids to their first games, all of them way too young to be there but it's easier to brainwash them the younger they are.
My first ever derby, 2-1 to the good guys n the SC 1/4 final at ER
Mickey Weir returning
Our stand against Der Hun and the DR when they tried to sign Scott Allan
The way we defeated Mercer
Skol cup 1991
CIS cup 2007
Anderlecht home and away
Natural Order? banner.
George Best in a Hibs shirt
Just being Hibs, and not being the OF
Loads and loads more

biscuitersed75
23-03-2018, 06:14 PM
So many magical moments & so many disasters as well but for me the seminal moment was when Alastair McKenzie blew the final whistle on Dec 9, 1972.
!. That was our 1st cup win for 70 years & I was just a child when we won league titles in the fifties. There was probably no one there who had seen us win a cup before.
2. I had already seen us lose 3 cup finals & the pain from the 6-1 loss only 7 months earlier was still present.
3. That the goals were scored by my 2 friends & 2 subsequent Hibs legends was only the icing on the cake.
4. That game presaged the greatest period of play ever from Hibs in my time. 8-1 against Ayr the next game, a 1-1 draw at Darkheid, a 3-2 win over Aberdeen which was an outstanding game & of course a pleasant little sojourn to PBS on 1/1/73 where we scored our 105th to 111th competitive goals that season!

As we've won another 2 league cups since & another trophy IIRC a couple of years ago, younger fans may not appreciate the history of that breakthrough but the League Cup was starting to take on the same hoodoo like qualities as the big trophy. That win broke the hoodoo & also ensured The Tornadoes had at least one tangible result to show for their wonderful entertaining football.Great post. Agree, that cup win was special. Was just a youngster in the old Hampden North Stand that day. We should have strolled it on balance of play. Was also at Tynecastle a few weeks later. Heady times!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

madabouthibs
23-03-2018, 10:24 PM
1. Scottish Cup Final 2016 ( My son's first ever pitch invasion! :greengrin )
2. League Cup final 1991 (Pay at the gate, only just got in! )
3. League Cup final 2007 (My daughter's first trip to Hampden.)
4. AEK Athens game (Took my nephew, he was a Jambo. Unfortunately he still is, wee phanny! )
5. 6-2 Against Hearts (Spoiled by a poor away crowd! :confused: )
6. 1985 League Cup final (even though we got cuffed, I was 13, and I came back from a 2 week Youth Club trip to Holland on the Saturday before the game and didn't know I had a ticket. My mum had queued at ER to get me a match and a bus ticket. Cheers Mum! :top marks )
7. I'll always remember going into B&Q in Inglis Green Road while drawing 0-0 with Rangers (old) away, and coming out about 20 minutes later to some sub lad scoring a hattrick! :greengrin
8. My first game at ER was to see George Best, I can't remember much about that one, but my second game was a game after my uncle took me to that we won 8-0. I think it was Morton or Killie. I remember the West Stand singing "we want 8!" My first ever song at a Hibs game! :greengrin

houstonhibbee
24-03-2018, 12:48 AM
I remember getting a rosette before the game

snooky
24-03-2018, 09:07 AM

As we've won another 2 league cups since & another trophy IIRC a couple of years ago, younger fans may not appreciate the history of that breakthrough but the League Cup was starting to take on the same hoodoo like qualities as the big trophy. That win broke the hoodoo & also ensured The Tornadoes had at least one tangible result to show for their wonderful entertaining football.

Here ye go .....20448

Hermit Crab
24-03-2018, 09:14 AM

Thats a myth. There was Rangers fans in that stand with us that day.

Sauzee16
24-03-2018, 09:34 AM
Thats a myth. There was Rangers fans in that stand with us that day.

5,000 hibs fans - they had a small gap beside the main stand.

Killiehibbie
24-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Apart from winning cups and european nights my favourite times have been winning in Glasgow when nobody gave us any chance and not many even made the trip through.

Wakeyhibee
24-03-2018, 04:14 PM
1) 2016 Cup win

2) CIS Cup win 2007, mainly because it was the first time my son saw Hibs lift a trophy - He had his shirt signed by Lawrie Reilly pre match and was star struck, what a day for both of us :)

3) Anderlecht v Hibs 1993 my first European adventure with Hibs, fantastic 3 days

Silver Fox
24-03-2018, 09:24 PM
4. AEK Athens game (Took my nephew, he was a Jambo. Unfortunately he still is, wee phanny! )
6. 1985 League Cup final (even though we got cuffed, I was 13, and I came back from a 2 week Youth Club trip to Holland on the Saturday before the game and didn't know I had a ticket. My mum had queued at ER to get me a match and a bus ticket. Cheers Mum! :top marks )
7. I'll always remember going into B&Q in Inglis Green Road while drawing 0-0 with Rangers (old) away, and coming out about 20 minutes later to some sub lad scoring a hattrick! :greengrin
8. My first game at ER was to see George Best, I can't remember much about that one, but my second game was a game after my uncle took me to that we won 8-0. I think it was Morton or Killie. I remember the West Stand singing "we want 8!" My first ever song at a Hibs game! :greengrin

Thought we were gonna go through the whole thread without someone else mentioning that, what an atmosphere that night. :flag:

SideBurns
24-03-2018, 09:34 PM

The 8-0 gemme was actually 8-1 v Killie; we were generally crap at the time but capable of these one off performances and had drawn with the genuinely great Dundee Utd team 3-3 at Tannadice the week before, having been 3-1 down! Gordon Rae scored in both matches while playing centre-half for a daft random fact.

Bangkok Hibby
15-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Hibs v Napoli 1967. My first match under floodlights and first European game. A magical night.

Stranraer
15-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Taking my brother and work colleague to their first Hibs game. We beat the jambo's 1-0 at Easter Road and David Wotherspoon scored the only goal. We then went on the drink to celebrate. Best night ever!

JeMeSouviens
15-05-2018, 10:33 AM
I think most of the iconic occasions have been covered so here's some fleeting moments:

- Jim Leighton saving a penalty in the Scottish cup semi vs Celtc in 95. There were about 10 mins left and it was celebrated more than most goals! Bedlam in the Govan stand. We hadn't played well but then had a couple of chances at the end to almost nick it. I think Pat McGinlay had a shot clip the post. If we'd have won I'm sure we'd have beaten in Airdrie in the final and saved 21 years of waiting. :rolleyes:

- Henrik Larsson's sub debut in Scottish football: providing an assist to Chic Charnley to thump in a winner vs Celtc in 97. That was a mental few weeks with both Chico and Pat McGinlay scoring from inside our own half at ER and we briefly were top of the league. People talked about Charnley for Scotland with a straight face. Then it all went tits up and we ended up relegated.

- The relegation play off 2nd leg vs Airdrie at Clyde's ground in Cumbernauld. We were 1-0 up from the home leg and had a very nervy start before Darren Jackson took over and we ended up winning 4-2. Airdrie were stuffed full of Hearts ******* rejects. I think Jimmy Sandison (or Kenny Black?) got sent off and Gary Mackay was carried off injured - to zero sympathy. :greengrin

tanfield
15-05-2018, 10:35 AM
Videoton away by coach. Epic trip!!

green with envy
15-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Videoton away by coach. Epic trip!!

Also my favourite. Leith Hibs/Carlton share was my coach.

WeeRussell
15-05-2018, 11:56 AM
The Lennoplane.

tanfield
15-05-2018, 12:02 PM

My coach as well 👍👍

ballengeich
15-05-2018, 12:07 PM
- The relegation play off 2nd leg vs Airdrie at Clyde's ground in Cumbernauld. We were 1-0 up from the home leg and had a very nervy start before Darren Jackson took over and we ended up winning 4-2. Airdrie were stuffed full of Hearts ******* rejects. I think Jimmy Sandison (or Kenny Black?) got sent off and Gary Mackay was carried off injured - to zero sympathy. :greengrin

It was Sandison. Ten minutes later he was named as Airdrie's MOM - it summed the club up.

jacomo
15-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Taking my brother and work colleague to their first Hibs game. We beat the jambo's 1-0 at Easter Road and David Wotherspoon scored the only goal. We then went on the drink to celebrate. Best night ever!

We took an American friend to that game. His first ever ‘soccer’ match.

He was a bit bemused (and very cold) but enjoyed the celebrations!

hibby6270
15-05-2018, 01:50 PM
Too many favourites to list. The majority of the Highlight games have already been mentioned.

But my ‘new’ favourite game has only recently had its significance confirmed for me. I didn’t know it at the time but it has to be my first ever Hibs game that Dad took me to. A relatively innocuous game in October 1962 versus Dundee at Easter Road. Game ended a 2-2 draw.

Yawn, yawn I hear you all crying - BUT - what I didn’t realise at the time, and my Dad never mentioned even to his dying day, was that playing that day was a certain right winger called Gordon Smith.
Yes - THE Prince of Wingers.

OK - he was wearing a dark blue shirt that day but I can honestly say I’ve seen the great man play at ER.

Thanks Dad.

Is It On....
15-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Scottish Cup Final vs Rangers 2012 when St Anthony sent us on our way. Quite liked the pitch invasion as well 😂😂
Hearts vs Hibs cup game - Cummings, Hanlon then Gunnarson deflecting off our bar to complete a mad last 10 mins
League Cup Final vs Dunfermline was there with my dad who finally saw Hibs lift a trophy.
League Cup Semi Final vs Rangers when Keith Keith Keith rose like an angel to score
Hearts vs Hibs - Archigod scoring after "skinning" McPherson and the bedlam on the terracing afterwards...kin' mental!!

One Day
15-05-2018, 03:00 PM

I just watched yesterday on utube

Stranraer
15-05-2018, 03:04 PM
We took an American friend to that game. His first ever ‘soccer’ match.

He was a bit bemused (and very cold) but enjoyed the celebrations!

Was that in the Scottish Cup or the league? I can't remember...

Swedish hibee
15-05-2018, 04:13 PM
21 May 16 💚💚💚

G B Young
15-05-2018, 04:52 PM
Scottish Cup win has to be the greatest and most emotional occasion, but probably the 'moment' that lifted me out my seat more than any other was when Latapy smashed the ball home to make it 6-1 against Hearts. I was in the front row of the old main stand and the sheer euphoria of well and truly hammering them was such that it felt the stand had been ripped from its foundations.

TelaStella
15-05-2018, 06:27 PM
Nothing big but first game of the 07/08 season away at the bus shelter, brain Kerr scored in what I recall was only the 2nd minute of the game and we held on all the way to win 1-0. Not sure if it was just the timing of the goal but that was one of the maddest celebrations I’ve ever been involved in, absolute limbs. First time I’d seen us win at tynie as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
15-05-2018, 09:04 PM
I remember before we lost the Scottish Cup Semi Final to Dunfermline the year we won the League Cup a client asking me what it would mean to me for Hibs to win the Scottish Cup, and my getting quite teary at the prospect rather embarrassingly.

To get the chance to experience winning the cup with my grown up children, nearly 10 years later is something that will never leave me and even thinking about it now makes me really happy and a bit teary, its an age thing!

I will never forget us winning the cup and the scenes and celebrations after it and if I had never experienced anything else in over 50 years of watching Hibs except this, it would still have been worth it.

In my minds eye I can almost feel what it felt like from when SDG scored onwards, almost but not quite.

Hibs1969
15-05-2018, 09:44 PM
One of my favourites was the home game v the Huns 96/97ish when Ray Wilkins played on loan for us. They were awarded a penalty which Laudrup rattled against the bar only for the ref to order it to be retaken. Second time round, Leighton saved the damned thing. I thought ER was going to explode at that point. We held on to win too. The funniest thing about the first penalty is that one of our players is virtually level with Laudrup as he struck the ball, hence the retake.

Highlights here https://youtu.be/iInKs5CUPYY

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2018, 10:37 PM
Cup win 2016 favourite moments ever in football never mind just as a Hibs supporter. I doubt I will ever feel such emotion again.

O'Rourke3
15-05-2018, 10:39 PM
Every time I go through a turnstyle before a game. Love it. Endless possibilities at that stage. Still a big kid at heart.

Smartie
15-05-2018, 11:19 PM
One of my favourites was the home game v the Huns 96/97ish when Ray Wilkins played on loan for us. They were awarded a penalty which Laudrup rattled against the bar only for the ref to order it to be retaken. Second time round, Leighton saved the damned thing. I thought ER was going to explode at that point. We held on to win too. The funniest thing about the first penalty is that one of our players is virtually level with Laudrup as he struck the ball, hence the retake.

Highlights here https://youtu.be/iInKs5CUPYY

I remember howling at the injustice of the missed penalty having to be re-taken..... then seeing the reason why it had to be retaken.

The player who gave the penalty away is grateful to Jim Leighton for his saves to this very day.

I had a great day that day, until I got the wrong bus home and ended up in St Andrews instead of Dundee, but still managed to make the most of it........,

poolman
16-05-2018, 12:02 AM
Got loads

Beating Hearts obviously 6-2 and 7-0

But the Napoli game when we won 5-0 and the Sporting Lisbon game really stand out for me ��

Oh, and the small matter of the SC final ��

16-05-2018, 01:54 AM
The David Gray winner at Hampden without a shadow of a doubt. Never have I ever felt a feeling like that before. Actually a little emotional just thinking about it tbh! The absolute carnage when that went in and being there with my auld man and going absolutely mental hugging him was the icing on the cake. All seems a bit of a blur now but it's a moment that will live with me forever.

The final whistle on 21.05.2018. It was the longest 2 minutes ever between scoring the winner and the whistle, I felt sick with nerves but then it went. We'd done it! The emotion, the ecstasy, the sheer and utter pure joy that came flooding out was just unbelievable. Burst into tears hugging my auld man just shouting over and over "we've done it! we've done it!"

SOL at the final whistle. Not a dry eye in sight. An utterly magnificent sight. Fans from clubs all over the country and beyond have commented on how moving it was

The parade of course was just surreal as well. Seeing men, women, children of all ages, all in utter disbelief, grown adults in tears etc. Was just indescribable tbh.

I've had many other great moments supporting hibs over the years by they have to be my top 4. Moments I had dreamt of experiencing all my life but the reality of them surpassed anything I could have possibly imagined. Nothing will ever top that weekend.

If I had to say one non-cup final moment though, I'd probably say the Hanlon equalizer at tynecastle. The bottle we showed. Many hibs teams in the past being 2-0 down at tynecastle at HT would have given up and probably gone onto lose more. One of the most important goals in our history it turned out to be. Without that, we were out the cup, it would have been yet another year without the SC and 21.05.16 would never have happened. The scenes at the goal were unreal as well!

Ringothedog
16-05-2018, 11:30 AM

And mine!! was a fantastic trip apart from me getting toothache on the way home, the place in Lake Balaton was brilliant as was the stop off in Vienna.

Speedy
16-05-2018, 12:06 PM
Top 3 in order of feeling at the time:

1. 2-2 game at Tynecastle, thought my head was going to pop at the equaliser
2. Winning the cup. You'd think this would be top but it was more of a surreal feeling at the time
3. Athens game, loved it.

Honourable mention for the 'Arthur Boruc' game we beat Celtic at easter road and the game we played them and sang "f you Samaras" all the way through. No idea if there was a back story to that song but it makes me chuckle.

Edit:
The parade day is well up there as well but I was thinking of games

Bristolhibby
16-05-2018, 12:18 PM
Missed the SC Final in 2016, but even not being there that’s my top memory.

However games I’ve attended.

LC Final v Killie 5-1, didn’t relax until 4-1.
LC semi v the Huns in 2004, bonkers celebrations at the end. My first penalty shoot out.
4-0 v the Huns on Boxing Day 2014. Absolute scenes.

Also 13th August 2016 - Hibs v Dunfermline 2016. The first Hibs game at Easter Road for my two boys. A special moment for me and my Dad. Showing the boys our East Stand stone with their initials on it.
Finally welcoming my kids to the Hibernian family.

J

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-05-2018, 12:39 PM
The parade day is well up there as well but I was thinking of games

I meant to post this too, a very special day spent with all the Hibs supporting members of the family along with a few mates - The 4IH, Leith Links, Foot o' the walk and Marksman amongst others. A very happy, teary day! :-)

Viva_Palmeiras
16-05-2018, 03:40 PM
Moments of euphoria...

Distilling the essence of football into a game/moment:

That glorious day in May ecstasy, drama, tears, joy a lifetime of memories
Holt and co. ER demolition of the yams 3-1 high octane support or I’ve never seen from before kickoff, throughout the game and beyond
Archie-goal Jinx busting the yams and singing in the rain (incidentally first time I heard on the Runaround Sue sung to “on the Bevvy with the Hibs, Hibs ...”
Wotherspoon 1-0 v Yams
Falkirk 4-3
Rangers Semi to take us to Skol Cup
Skol Cup first time witnessing Hibs Lift a Cup.
The Golden Generation V the Gers.
Mowbrays team V the Uglies
All the proud moments as a Hibby standing up to the yams post 2012.
Darren Jackson at Tynie V Dundee United - absolute screamer...

CIS Cup was a strange one as firstborn kid was 5 days old. So watched from home under pain of death... that was just the mother-in-law!

IGRIGI
16-05-2018, 03:45 PM
One of the less obvious ones for me would be when John O'neil slammed in the equaliser against Hearts at Tynecastle under Sauzee.

Total silence from Hearts fans until the 80th minute when they were finally confident enough to think they had it in the bag and then O'Neil rifles in the equaliser.

Hibs fans were there signing "HA HA HA HA..." to the tune of Hello Hello untill their stand had emptied.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-05-2018, 04:54 PM
Cannae be arsed going through the thread to see if its been mentioned but, The Hands off Hibs day at ER was a quite momentous day. There are not many clubs fans that have experienced a day like that, it was quite simply MAGICAL! :-) 21 5 16 the next time I cried so much re HFC!
Quite coincidentally someone played Dont want to lose you now by Gloria Estefan as I posted this, quite poignant.

Stranraer
16-05-2018, 05:17 PM
Another favourite of mine was the 4-0 win over Dunfermline in 2012. It meant we stayed in the Premiership and the Dunfermline fans did the conga on their way out of the stadium. I think Paul Hanlon scored after 2 or 3 minutes. Huge sense of relief that night.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-05-2018, 05:38 PM
Another favourite of mine was the 4-0 win over Dunfermline in 2012. It meant we stayed in the Premiership and the Dunfermline fans did the conga on their way out of the stadium. I think Paul Hanlon scored after 2 or 3 minutes. Huge sense of relief that night.

Unfortunately i got a ticket for the final in the "lucky" draw after that. Oh well.

Stranraer
16-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately i got a ticket for the final in the "lucky" draw after that. Oh well.

haha so did I!

Kavinho
16-05-2018, 06:36 PM
The 0- 1 John Collins (manager) game at ibrox when we passed them off the park for the last 5/10 minutes. Dancing round them, celebrating every touch knowing they'd never score.
We went top of the league that day too.....

... then didn't win for months

Tornadoes70
16-05-2018, 07:29 PM
So many to choose from. 21st May 2016 edges out the Semi Final Skol Cup Night and the Millennium Derby for me.

The biggest ever crashing of bottle jobs in Scottish Footballing history from the Yambottlers in the Sir Albert Kidd game was absolutely hilarious and another enjoyable highlight of being a Hi bee.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-05-2018, 08:53 PM
So many to choose from. 21st May 2016 edges out the Semi Final Skol Cup Night and the Millennium Derby for me.

The biggest ever crashing of bottle jobs in Scottish Footballing history from the Yambottlers in the Sir Albert Kidd game was absolutely hilarious and another enjoyable highlight of being a Hi bee.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Don't make it about them.