PDA

View Full Version : Neal Eardley

CorrieHibs
22-03-2018, 07:50 AM
Did we not give Eardley enough time or has he found his level in league 2?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/staceywest.net/2018/03/21/neal-eardley-the-imps-best-ever-signing/amp/

Pretty Boy
22-03-2018, 07:58 AM
My only memory of him at ER was coming on as a sub, looking about 2 stone overweight and a mile off the pace.

Glad he's gone on to do well for himself but I think his time with us was always destined to be short term.

green day
22-03-2018, 07:59 AM
My only memory of him at ER was coming on as a sub, looking about 2 stone overweight and a mile off the pace.

Glad he's gone on to do well for himself but I think his time with us was always destined to be short term.

👍👍

calumhibee1
22-03-2018, 08:26 AM
I have absolutely no recollection of this guy. His name doesn’t even ring a bell.

Billy Whizz
22-03-2018, 08:28 AM
I have absolutely no recollection of this guy. His name doesn’t even ring a bell.

Think it was Stubbs 2nd year, was signed as cover

KWJ
22-03-2018, 09:45 AM
Playing an FM game in L2 the now and Eardley doesn't stand out and neither does Kane Hemmings who scored a heap for Dundee. It's funny the players you get down there. James Collins doing well for Luton and I seem to come up against other ex Hibees or SPFL players every game.

I even have Osbourne at Forest Green Rovers.

My_Wife_Camille
22-03-2018, 09:52 AM
Think it was Stubbs 2nd year, was signed as cover
Was only last season haha. Such a forgettable player!

calumhibee1
22-03-2018, 10:22 AM
Was only last season haha. Such a forgettable player!

Jesus, I presumed as I had no recollection of him that it would have been a few year ago at least :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
22-03-2018, 10:31 AM

Same

Centre Hawf
22-03-2018, 10:48 AM
Did we not give Eardley enough time or has he found his level in league 2?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/staceywest.net/2018/03/21/neal-eardley-the-imps-best-ever-signing/amp/

Glad to see he's doing well. League 2 isn't as bad a standard as people make out it is so he obviously still had something in him. If I'm being honest I would have rather gave the lad a preseason and see what he could have done when he lost the weight, I think he was coming back from a bad injury or a series of them. I think he could have been decent purely on the basis of what experience he had with Blackpool and Wales as opposed to anything he done in a Hibs jersey. It couldn't have been a worse shot than signing Whittaker or Rherras.

But such is football's revolving door.

Sammy7nil
22-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Glad to see he's doing well. League 2 isn't as bad a standard as people make out it is so he obviously still had something in him. If I'm being honest I would have rather gave the lad a preseason and see what he could have done when he lost the weight, I think he was coming back from a bad injury or a series of them. I think he could have been decent purely on the basis of what experience he had with Blackpool and Wales as opposed to anything he done in a Hibs jersey. It couldn't have been a worse shot than signing Whittaker or Rherras.

More than a bit harsh he has never been properly fit and when he has played he has done fine. Yes he has made mistakes who hasn't?

allezsauzee
22-03-2018, 12:33 PM

Guff

Jones28
22-03-2018, 12:40 PM

Having been to a few Grimsby Town games when they were in the Conference (one of which was against Forrest Green who are also in League 2) I can confirm that the standard is honking - and this was in our second year of being in the championship.

Centre Hawf
22-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Having been to a few Grimsby Town games when they were in the Conference (one of which was against Forrest Green who are also in League 2) I can confirm that the standard is honking - and this was in our second year of being in the championship.

Having followed a League 2 side for a number of years now I can safely say that the upper end of the division features some players and teams that would stay up in the premiership. Look at Josh Windass for example. And Lennon wanted Luke Berry from League 2. However there is a lot of honking teams, players, and general football at the bottom end (Forest Green being one of them. I guess the vegan food isn’t working)

Centre Hawf
22-03-2018, 12:52 PM
More than a bit harsh he has never been properly fit and when he has played he has done fine. Yes he has made mistakes who hasn't?

Harsh maybe but just my opinion that its not worked out.

nellio
22-03-2018, 01:43 PM
I remember him only because he played for Blackpool against Cardiff a few times and saw him play for Wales.

Always thought he would be a good player for us when we were in the championship but he never had much of a chance.

cheltenhamhibee
23-03-2018, 12:37 AM
Having followed a League 2 side for a number of years now I can safely say that the upper end of the division features some players and teams that would stay up in the premiership. Look at Josh Windass for example. And Lennon wanted Luke Berry from League 2. However there is a lot of honking teams, players, and general football at the bottom end (Forest Green being one of them. I guess the vegan food isn’t working)

I'm glad someone is of the same opinion regarding said team from Nailsworth FFG