PDA

View Full Version : Cammy Bell

hughio
21-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Was looking for a thread on Cammy following his superb display against StJ following Rocky's unforgiveable disaster.

Don't see anyone else saying it so I will say "Well done Cammy.That was a fantastic debut"

I remember the slagging he got of the Hibbies behind his goal in Dec16 at Dundee Unt.He took it well that night and I never thought I'd see him at HFC.

Welcome Sir!

Bostonhibby
21-03-2018, 01:51 PM
Yep. He did really well in Perth happy to have him at Hibs.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

we are hibs
21-03-2018, 02:04 PM
just before the boy took the freekick i thought he was showing him too much of the goal and was too near the post but he done well to get to it. thought the other saves were decent enough but ones you'd expect him to make

Billychaotic182
21-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Was looking for a thread on Cammy following his superb display against StJ following Rocky's unforgiveable disaster.

Don't see anyone else saying it so I will say "Well done Cammy.That was a fantastic debut"

I remember the slagging he got of the Hibbies behind his goal in Dec16 at Dundee Unt.He took it well that night and I never thought I'd see him at HFC.

Welcome Sir!

Unforgivable disaster is a bit strong. Was definitely a Pure brain fart moment but he’s saved us more points than he’s cost us. Tad harsh on rocky there.

Saying that Cammy was fantastic. People seem to forget how good a keeper he was/is he had a poor time at the rangers but at Killie and Utd he was very good. I remember him saving 3 penalty’s in one game!

Jim44
21-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Unforgivable disaster is a bit strong. Was definitely a Pure brain fart moment but he’s saved us more points than he’s cost us. Tad harsh on rocky there.

Saying that Cammy was fantastic. People seem to forget how good a keeper he was/is he had a poor time at the rangers but at Killie and Utd he was very good. I remember him saving 3 penalty’s in one game!

It doesn’t appear to have put off Israel naming him in their latest squad. :dunno:

Clerie Green
21-03-2018, 02:35 PM
Why is Cammie Bell in the Israeli squad ??? :aok:

Sir David Gray
21-03-2018, 02:43 PM

Welcome Sir!

Unforgivable disaster? :faf:

I love this place at times.

The guy made a silly error of judgement and got sent off. Hardly worthy of not being forgiven.

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Unforgivable disaster :faf:

Nicho87
21-03-2018, 02:52 PM
Brilliant age for a keeper. His performance v Celtic for Killie was outstanding few years ago.

CapitalGreen
21-03-2018, 02:55 PM
unforgiveable disaster

jesus wept

SirDavidsNapper
21-03-2018, 02:56 PM
One for the Jambos who like to say we we are full of ex Celtic players.

Does having Bell in the squad mean we have more ex Rangers players than ex Celtic?

Sir David Gray
21-03-2018, 02:57 PM
One for the Jambos who like to say we we are full of ex Celtic players.

Does having Bell in the squad mean we have more ex Rangers players than ex Celtic?

It's the same.

McGeouch, Allan and Ambrose ex-Celtic and McGregor, Bell and Whittaker ex-Rangers.

SirDavidsNapper
21-03-2018, 02:58 PM
It's the same.

McGeouch, Allan and Ambrose ex-Celtic and McGregor, Bell and Whittaker ex-Rangers.

McGeough ex Rangers too. If youths count :wink:

Sir David Gray
21-03-2018, 03:06 PM
McGeough ex Rangers too. If youths count :wink:

Haha yeah i was only counting first team appearances but good point.

Eaststandee
21-03-2018, 03:22 PM
After the game game at Tanadice (The one with the green Marathonbet santa hats) I absolutely hated Bell after, only because he was so bloody good.

Glad he's in our team rather against it

Am I right in thinking he saved a penalty after an argument over who was going to take it? I'm pretty sure Holt was involved?

hughio
21-03-2018, 03:23 PM
Ok Ok ..its not "unforgiveable"..

But I cannot get over

1)why come that far out?

2) Why come out that far when there's 2 guys coming to cover

3) why not keep hands well away if you're in that position.

Very bad judgement and cost the team.

hughio
21-03-2018, 03:23 PM
After the game game at Tanadice (The one with the green Marathonbet santa hats) I absolutely hated Bell after, only because he was so bloody good.

Glad he's in our team rather against it

Am I right in thinking he saved a penalty after an argument over who was going to take it? I'm pretty sure Holt was involved?

correct

Sauzee16
21-03-2018, 03:34 PM

But I cannot get over

1)why come that far out?

Players make the wrong decisions in every game. Our goalie has b en brilliant since November at least and it’s one mistake. Given our history in that position the boys a god send. You’re far too ott.

As for Bell, always rated at Killie and is in the same mould as Bain. Brilliant to have him as a solid back up.

davidgray210516
21-03-2018, 03:36 PM

But I cannot get over

1)why come that far out?

If he had been a second or two quicker he woulda got the ball n probably emptied the St Johnstone boy too n everyone would be saying well played acting like a sweeper like the world class keepers do. He wasn’t two seconds earlier n ****ed up badly but **** happens. It’s in the past now, move on.

EH54
21-03-2018, 03:43 PM
I had the exact same OTT reaction until full time last week. Went through a patch in October time? and has made a mistake on Friday night apart from that he has saved us numerous points and if he didn't make the occasional mistake there is no chance we would have been able to land a keeper like him.

On the upside Cammy Bell came in and was superb

Smartie
21-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Yes, the "unforgivable" was probably a bit strong.

We've forgiven a lot more than a mistake in a football game from some characters (Riordan, I.Murray, Kevin Thomson, Scott Allan) and been better off for it.

But it was a bad mistake - a bad, bad mistake, a diabolical error of judgment that cost us.

It is the type of error of judgment that we need to eradicate if we are to step up a level.

Rocky's had a good season, some magnificent saves and strong performances but he needs to cut these mistakes out.

I think the criticism is justified.

And I also thought that Cammy Bell was deserving of praise. He's a funny keeper - another one who has looked at times unbeatable and at times utterly hopeless. That mistake for Rangers against Motherwell in the playoffs is as bad a mistake in a big game as I think I've seen a keeper make, but he's had some really solid performances too.

I always think it must be tough to come in from the cold like that, and he can hold his head up high after Friday night.

He may yet give Neil Lennon something to think about.

Stuart93
21-03-2018, 04:36 PM
Very good debut by bell. Rocky has won us more points this season than he's lost us imo, been superb.

Jpdhfc
21-03-2018, 04:38 PM

Welcome Sir!
I've already forgiven him
Learn and move on.

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Yes, the "unforgivable" was probably a bit strong.

We've forgiven a lot more than a mistake in a football game from some characters (Riordan, I.Murray, Kevin Thomson, Scott Allan) and been better off for it.

But it was a bad mistake - a bad, bad mistake, a diabolical error of judgment that cost us.

It is the type of error of judgment that we need to eradicate if we are to step up a level.

Rocky's had a good season, some magnificent saves and strong performances but he needs to cut these mistakes out.

I think the criticism is justified.

And I also thought that Cammy Bell was deserving of praise. He's a funny keeper - another one who has looked at times unbeatable and at times utterly hopeless. That mistake for Rangers against Motherwell in the playoffs is as bad a mistake in a big game as I think I've seen a keeper make, but he's had some really solid performances too.

I always think it must be tough to come in from the cold like that, and he can hold his head up high after Friday night.

He may yet give Neil Lennon something to think about.I can show you videos of the best keepers in history making poor mistakes, we are never going to eradicate it so we shouldn't waste out time. Keeping errors to a minimum is the aim and Rocky has done that this season.

Borderhibbie76
21-03-2018, 04:47 PM

But I cannot get over

1)why come that far out?

Very bad judgement and cost the team.Well why not watch footage of some of his unbelievable saves that have earned us points this season...that should help forgive him this blip. Hibs.net is unreal sometimes and incredibly harsh on our goalies

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

worcesterhibby
21-03-2018, 04:55 PM
I can show you videos of the best keepers in history making poor mistakes, we are never going to eradicate it so we shouldn't waste out time. Keeping errors to a minimum is the aim and Rocky has done that this season.

I would agree entirely...and so would Youtube

https://youtu.be/geO6cAfz-dY

Northernhibee
21-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Bell is a better backup option than Laidlaw but Rocky on his day is one of the very best keepers in the country.

bigwheel
21-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Bell is a better backup option than Laidlaw but Rocky on his day is one of the very best keepers in the country.

I don't think Laidlaw has let us down when called on....agree about Rocky...a step above the others..

Borderhibbie76
21-03-2018, 06:00 PM
I don't think Laidlaw has let us down when called on....agree about Rocky...a step above the others..Laidlaw has generally been very good...apart from.the league cup semi this season. But Bell is significantly better as a back up option. Agreed 're Rocky...1 of the best in the league imo and like all goalies makes the odd mistake

guthrie01
21-03-2018, 06:01 PM
I don't think Laidlaw has let us down when called on....agree about Rocky...a step above the others..

Laidlaw had a shocker when he was in goals for the League cup semi

He is a decent keeper only we have better options right now than him

bigwheel
21-03-2018, 06:01 PM
Laidlaw has generally been very good...apart from.the league cup semi this season. But Bell is significantly better as a back up option. Agreed 're Rocky...1 of the best in the league imo and like all goalies makes the odd mistake

don't think I have seen enough to make that call..Laidlaw has been pretty steady.....Bell has a bit of history of blowing hot & cold...

Borderhibbie76
21-03-2018, 06:03 PM
don't think I have seen enough to make that call..Laidlaw has been pretty steady.....Bell has a bit of history of blowing hot & cold...I was basing it on what I've seen from him previously mate at Utd, Killie and Sevco play off apart...pretty steady and experienced goalie. Like u tho I am also fond of Laidlaw and he's been able back up

Baader
21-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Done really well. Unforgivable is a tad strong for Rocky. Had to check he hadn't killed some fans when I read that...

guthrie01
21-03-2018, 06:11 PM
don't think I have seen enough to make that call..Laidlaw has been pretty steady.....Bell has a bit of history of blowing hot & cold...

For a back up I would rather have someone with experience and can adapt to being thrown into games. Cammy Bell is one of the most experienced keepers we could get for a back up, so I’ll be happy for him to remain as such

The Harp
21-03-2018, 06:23 PM
The OP must be one of the few folk who have never made a mistake at work.

ekhibee
21-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Marciano is entitled to criticism when he makes mistakes, just like any other player. He's put in some really good performances too. The thread was about Cammy Bell, who played really well and deserves credit for it.

Sir David Gray
21-03-2018, 08:40 PM
Marciano is entitled to criticism when he makes mistakes, just like any other player. He's put in some really good performances too. The thread was about Cammy Bell, who played really well and deserves credit for it.

It was about Cammy Bell but the OP made a pretty outrageous statement about Marciano that deservedly got challenged.

I agree Bell played well though and I would have no concerns about him playing next week, he's a good goalkeeper.

Lancs Harp
21-03-2018, 08:40 PM
I like Rocky but yes he did make a big error of judgement in charging out like that and he paid the penalty. Cammy had a great a game and made several fine stops, if I have a reservation about him I think he tends to get rooted to ground on crosses and doesnt really get off the ground which slightly worries me going forward. Cant argue he had a great Hibs debut though. Well done that man.

basehibby
22-03-2018, 12:27 AM
Great OP so far as praising Bell for what was a brilliant debut - well deserved. :thumbsup:

But "unforgivable mistake"? Geez a break! More like a step on the learning curve of becoming a better keeper I would say - Rocky has had some great games for us and has contributed consistently to the solid league form we've showed this season. No way would I write him off for what was an isolated rush of blood to the head on the evidence I've seen. He's given Cammy Bell a chance though - and if Bell can reproduce that kind of performance week on week then Rocky will have a long wait before getting the gloves back!