PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Forster

GreenT
20-03-2018, 11:55 AM
Good to hear he is on the way back

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-hibernian-defender-set-make-1356752

brog
20-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Good to hear he is on they way back

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-hibernian-defender-set-make-1356752

So is Jordon Forster I believe! Sorry! Pedantry is us! :wink:

calumhibee1
20-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Surprise he’s been out for so long, thought Herbalife would have fixed him in a matter of days. It fixes everything else apparently!

GreenOnions
20-03-2018, 12:32 PM
Yep - good luck to big Jordon. I liked him as a player. He was unlucky at Hibs I thought. Huddies like McGivern and Nelson selected in front of him (and Lewis Stevenson) by poor managers and, when he did get a game, it was often at right back instead of centre back :rolleyes:

By the time we got a manager who knew what he was doing we had other quality centre-backs and it would have been difficult for him to get a start.

MWHIBBIES
20-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Yep - good luck to big Jordon. I liked him as a player. He was unlucky at Hibs I thought. Huddies like McGivern and Nelson selected in front of him (and Lewis Stevenson) by poor managers and, when he did get a game, it was often at right back instead of centre back :rolleyes:

By the time we got a manager who knew what he was doing we had other quality centre-backs and it would have been difficult for him to get a start.McGivern in his loan year was a better player than Forster ever was.

calumhibee1
20-03-2018, 12:40 PM

By the time we got a manager who knew what he was doing we had other quality centre-backs and it would have been difficult for him to get a start.

You rate Forster higher than Stevenson?

NAE NOOKIE
20-03-2018, 12:49 PM
I doubt there are many players who have been as unlucky with injuries as Jordan Forster ... still convinced if he had been injury free in his time with us he would have been a fixture in the first team eventually.

Good luck to him ... lets hope this is the start of a decent career, he is capable of far better than league 2 in England IMO.

leither17
20-03-2018, 12:52 PM
You rate Forster higher than Stevenson?

Think he means McGivern on front of Lewis

calumhibee1
20-03-2018, 12:56 PM
Think he means McGivern on front of Lewis

That would make more sense.

Dashing Bob S
20-03-2018, 02:05 PM
McGivern in his loan year was a better player than Forster ever was.

Unquestionably

GreenOnions
20-03-2018, 03:03 PM
McGivern in his loan year was a better player than Forster ever was.

Jordon Forster was 19 when he made his debut for us and was only 22 when he went to Plymouth Argyle. McGivern was a couple of years older when he joined and had played almost twice the number of first team games (for all clubs) as Jordon by the time he left. I don't really see how you can say someone was "a better player than Forster ever was" when Jordon was only 22 when he left and was very often played out of position in a crap side to accommodate Michael Nelson.

Anyway - I should have clarified that I was referring to Nelson being generally preferred to Forster and McGivern being preferred to Stevenson by Fenlon and Butcher. That says it all really.

J-C
20-03-2018, 03:47 PM
Jordon was unfortunate that McGregor became available just as he was recovering from an injury, McGregor was a seasoned campaigner and struck up an instant understanding with Hanlon, which meant Jordon had to sit on the bench again and wait his turn to shine. Nice big lad who I really liked, pity we let hi leave but he had to for the good of his career.

overdrive
20-03-2018, 03:56 PM
I rated Forster. His many injuries have pretty much ruined his career though. I actually thought he was decent as a right back as well and offered a goal threat from that position arriving at the back post.

I wish he would give it a rest on his social media with the pyramid scheme advertising though.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-03-2018, 04:01 PM
So is Jordon Forster I believe! Sorry! Pedantry is us! :wink:

Pedants of the world untie!

Heisenberg
20-03-2018, 04:05 PM
I’m going to go against the grain and say I never really rated Forster that highly. Felt he was a bit all over the place at times and poor with the ball.

calumhibee1
20-03-2018, 04:14 PM
I’m going to go against the grain and say I never really rated Forster that highly. Felt he was a bit all over the place at times and poor with the ball.

Likewise. Very slow and not very good technically. Was strong with a great leap though. Porteous is already ahead of where Forster was when he left us IMO.

Sauzee16
20-03-2018, 04:16 PM
Likewise. Very slow and not very good technically. Was strong with a great leap though. Porteous is already ahead of where Forster was when he left us IMO.

Yeah, I agree too.

MWHIBBIES
20-03-2018, 04:20 PM

Couldn't agree more. He was slow, had poor positioning and was absolutely brutal with the ball. If he was a foot shorter he wouldn't be a footballer. His ability in the air was his only remarkable trait. He played 26 games the season we went down, as much to blame as any of the other defenders.

We have had much better defenders in Fonts, Hanlon, McGregor, Ambrose and Gunnarsson since.

Smartie
20-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Couldn't agree more. He was slow, had poor positioning and was absolutely brutal with the ball. If he was a foot shorter he wouldn't be a footballer. His ability in the air was his only remarkable trait. He played 26 games the season we went down, as much to blame as any of the other defenders.

We have had much better defenders in Fonts, Hanlon, McGregor, Ambrose and Gunnarsson since.

I've never really thought any of our defenders were much to blame for our relegation, even the much maligned Nelson and McGivern.

Our failings at the other end of the park were the reasons for our relegation - pish strikers and the least creative midfield in our history.

I was a fan of Forster, but he made as many defensive gaffes at that time as anyone did.

I actually thought he was coming on to a great game towards the end of our 1st season in the First Division, and his injury at that time cost us big time.

If he'd been fit and we'd been able to continue to play 3-5-2, I reckon we'd have beaten the Huns in those play-offs.

Borderhibbie76
20-03-2018, 07:41 PM
I've never really thought any of our defenders were much to blame for our relegation, even the much maligned Nelson and McGivern.

Our failings at the other end of the park were the reasons for our relegation - pish strikers and the least creative midfield in our history.

I was a fan of Forster, but he made as many defensive gaffes at that time as anyone did.

I actually thought he was coming on to a great game towards the end of our 1st season in the First Division, and his injury at that time cost us big time.

If he'd been fit and we'd been able to continue to play 3-5-2, I reckon we'd have beaten the Huns in those play-offs.Agreed losing both him and Boyler in the last game of that season at Falkirk scuppered our chances in that play off

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk