18-03-2018, 08:52 AM
And not dissimilar weather!

Mr White
18-03-2018, 08:53 AM
What a day that was

:flag:

Frazerbob
18-03-2018, 08:59 AM
A 5-1 cup win in which no charities were harmed achieving. Who’d have thunk it!

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2018, 09:05 AM
That was a cracking day and night....

leithsansiro
18-03-2018, 09:19 AM
That was an example of a game when everything just came together at the right time. Kilmarnock weren't rubbish, as the scoreline might suggest, but Hibs were just too good for them. Felt bad for the Killie keeper actually.

On a personal note, my pal talked me out of placing a decent wedge on a Hibs win at the bookies. "We're always rubbish in finals, keep your cash" was his advice. Wish I'd ignored him...

One Day
18-03-2018, 09:21 AM
https://twitter.com/spfl/status/975303294393438210?s=21

Brilliant to watch cant believe 11 years where does time go

mutley
18-03-2018, 09:50 AM
That night was my first trip to Hampden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

matty_f
18-03-2018, 09:54 AM
This was a great day, and probably the moment that Sunshine on Leith cemented itself as the song of the Hibs support.

SirDavidsNapper
18-03-2018, 10:04 AM
2nd best day supporting Hibs. After the heartbreak of the Livi cup final it made it even sweeter

One Day Soon
18-03-2018, 10:06 AM
This was a great day, and probably the moment that Sunshine on Leith cemented itself as the song of the Hibs support.

With Chelsea Dagger as the anthem for that particular win too. What a day it was.

iwasthere1972
18-03-2018, 10:16 AM
What a day. Remember it almost being snowy blizzard weather walking up to the stadium. Great performance by the entire team and five goals as well. Killed off Kilmarnock that day. Whatever happened to them?

Pretty Boy
18-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Great day and night.

Our buses were coming from Fife and were delayed getting to Edinburgh, we didn't leave the pub until about 1.15 and made it to Hampden with seconds to spare. The extra hour and a bit drinking time ensured a decent atmosphere on the bus though. Saw the parade pass, at a ridiculously fast speed iirc, at the top of the Walk then back to the pub until closing time. Trained it back to Aberdeen the next day with a monster hangover, finally cracked open another celebratory beer somewhere around Carnoustie.

SirDavidsNapper
18-03-2018, 10:42 AM
https://youtu.be/NtSJe30WJBI

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-03-2018, 11:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gH2rQ1DffY

lucky
18-03-2018, 11:56 AM
Third best day as a Hibbie for me. Second was LC win over the Pars and obviously 21/05/16 will always be the best

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2018, 12:07 PM
I remember thinking Naismith would be their danger man that day, but we totally nullified him ... some things never change :greengrin

The TV commentator said "I still think there are Hibs fans in the crowd who think this is going to end in a draw" when we were 4 - 1 up and he was right ... I was one of them ha ha.

A brilliant day and night and one I never thought we could better ........... how wrong can you be :thumbsup: But even though it has since been eclipsed by David Gray's iconic winner the sight of Rob Jones leaping like a Salmon to bullet his header into the net with the snow falling all around will always be one of the great Hibernian images.

Hibrandenburg
18-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Great day out in Glasgow and later back in Leith. Watched the cup turn into Albion Road on the bus and then tried to find a pub to round off the evening, no chance. We ended up next to the Playhouse in one of the gay bars where the regulars spent the night bouncing up and down to repeated choruses of "All the Hibees are gay". My new German girlfriend at the time loved it.

hibby6270
18-03-2018, 05:27 PM
Felt bad for the Killie keeper actually.

In a strange way he was probably inwardly happy. :greengrin

Was a well known fact Combe is a big Hibby and ironically, although he never played for “his team”, he is now the goalkeeping coach at Easter Road now, so all’s we’ll that ends well.:wink:

Nameless
18-03-2018, 06:18 PM
I went on the Barnton bus, and it was an absolute bounce - I still have the photos. Start to finish, that was one of my best days ever!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Peanut Shaz
18-03-2018, 06:32 PM
Great day and night.

Our buses were coming from Fife and were delayed getting to Edinburgh, we didn't leave the pub until about 1.15 and made it to Hampden with seconds to spare. The extra hour and a bit drinking time ensured a decent atmosphere on the bus though. Saw the parade pass, at a ridiculously fast speed iirc, at the top of the Walk then back to the pub until closing time. Trained it back to Aberdeen the next day with a monster hangover, finally cracked open another celebratory beer somewhere around Carnoustie.

Remember we thought the buses weren't coming at all and thought we'd be watching it in the pub! Spent a fortune before we even left Edinburgh. Still a great day though.

erin go bragh
18-03-2018, 07:58 PM
Up until 2016 , was my highlight of watching Hibs . Standing with my laddie belting out sunshine on Leth ( didn’t think it could be bettered) but it was :)
As I got locked outside the 91 cup win . It was both our first time seeing Hibs win a cup .
Brillant feeling , only eclipsed by that famous day I’m May 2016 .

IGRIGI
18-03-2018, 08:53 PM
I remember when they got that goal back it felt like forever until we got the 4th.

I was in the North stand right up beside the Killie fans and just managed to catch each goal as I was too busy in renditions of Cheer Up Jimmy Jefferies :greengrin.

Killie were a very good side then, unbelievable how everything just clicked for us that day.

Hard to believe a few months later we couldn't get past Dunfermline over two ties to set-up a final vs a Celtic team who were extremely bog standard in the final of that year.

Frazerbob
18-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Great day but with a tinge of regret....I ran Shanghai at Le Monde at the time, which was the late night venue of choice for both Hibs & Hearts players. I knew that Hibs had planned a party at the club should we win and the team ended up back there, with the cup in tow. All my mates went along and partied with the players, photos with the cup etc. Fantastic night had by all. Me? I was too 'tired and emotional' and was tucked up in bed, missing all the fun. Ah well.

givescotlandfreedom
18-03-2018, 11:51 PM
For any Hearts fans looking in the shiny thing is the league cup.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-03-2018, 12:08 AM
For any Hearts fans looking in the shiny thing is the league cup.

"lol we dinnae care aboot the wee cup cup cos we have a special relationship wi the big cup.

But we've no won that since we stopped cheatin......."

snooky
19-03-2018, 12:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUYwy-m0kyg
Reasonable effort by Ricky R & Lorraine McI. A few well kent faces on the stage Emma Pollock, Karine Polwart, Siohban Miller, BA Robertson, etc.

And if you want to strum along ....
https://chordify.net/chords/ricky-ross-loraine-mcintosh-sunshine-on-leith-live-glasgow-2010-jdg73

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiIGQ7heDGo
WARNING! Don't open this version they did at Edinburgh Castle if you have any sense of pitch (or even if you haven't).

Haymaker
19-03-2018, 04:47 AM
Went on a bus from mussy that was mostly Hibs with a bunch of Killie fans. Had a jambo bus driver if I remember correctly.

Had to pick up the tickets from a car park in Preston on the way up from London too.

Nearly got lifted by a rozzer for being about 3 inches out my seat onto the steps.

What a weekend.

heretoday
19-03-2018, 05:34 AM
It was a great match for one Lewis Stevenson.
Still going strong - better than ever in fact.

SirDavidsNapper
19-03-2018, 07:38 AM
For me it's still the best rendition of SOL. 30k Hibbys, first trophy in 16 years, Collins in tears, Dougie Donnellys superb timing in letting it play with no talking, and the wee lassie with the scarf on her dads shoulders gets me every time. Brilliant. SOL really became known to the sporting world after that and the original Youtube video (which looks like it's been removed) had around 800k views!