PDA

View Full Version : Charity thief?

Sioux
18-03-2018, 09:36 AM
"Somewhere among us is the lowest of the low........to steal from a fellow Hearts Supporter at a Hearts Function is despicable.

After attending the Willie Bauld Dinner last night I went to collect my jacket from the cloakroom, only to find it had already been taken.

They not only managed to obtain my Hearts Jacket from the cloakroom without a ticket, they would have known from the contents it was not their's

They then threw my house keys onto the pavement in Gorgie Road after checking the other contents in the Jacket.

My scarf has a collection of nearly 60 badges, some 30 years old including my 500 Club, many irreplaceable.

I was then left to get home in the snow without a warm jacket.

So whoever you are, you should be ashamed of yourself.... "

Sixty badges on a scarf?? He's no really bothered about his jacket. Just the scarf!

:faf::faf:

But then the usual it wisnae one of us nonsense

"Poor show on all accounts, but as you do not know the thief, we cannot say it was a fellow Hearts man"

"Could have been a drunken mistake. I’ve woken up after weddings with the wrong jacket before..."

Nae luck

Just Jimmy
18-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Is this what we're reduced to? Laughing at someone who's had their things stolen due to who they support?

Not Hibs class for me.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

tartanhibee
18-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Ill be honest I don’t find it the slightest bit funny, the person in question has had his scarf stolen with badges that are irreplaceable. It doesn’t matter what team he support it’s a dispicable act I wouldn’t like it to happen to me.

And you can call me yam all yous want. Theft is wrong regardless of the situation.

Jack
18-03-2018, 09:48 AM
I've recently bought a new Hibs jacket from the club shop.

I'd be happy to reach out to a fellow football fan who's been aggrieved and give him my old Hibs jacket!

worcesterhibby
18-03-2018, 09:55 AM
I feel gutted for the guy, he is obviously a loyal supporter of his team and has had a scarf and badges nicked that will hold many special memories for him. I fail to see how that is funny, or worth gloating about. Let’s not pretend that there aren’t a few Hibs fans that would lift a wallet given half a chance.

Diclonius
18-03-2018, 09:56 AM
That isn't funny. I'd be gutted if I had a scarf of that level of sentimental value stolen. Hope he gets it back.

LustForLeith
18-03-2018, 09:56 AM
Not funny just sad that some find it funny

Elephant Stone
18-03-2018, 09:57 AM
Hope he gets his scarf back.

Pretty Boy
18-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Lowest of the low and not a laughing matter imo.

There's people like this across the spectrum, remember the strips getting stolen from ER at the open day for example. I hope the guy gets his scarf and badges back.

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2018, 10:01 AM
One of my mates got his tartan hibs scarf nicked at a game. His Leather jacket was still on his seat though, bizarre

Sauzee16
18-03-2018, 10:01 AM
That’s ****my as anything

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 10:04 AM
Horrendous thread op. If that was one of us we would feel the same. Stealing is the lowest of the low, never mind taking from one of your own. I hope the guy gets his scarf and all his badges back. Its probably taken years and quite a few ££'s for him to collect them all and not to mention the memories and sentimental value the these things hold.

Nobody deserves to be robbed, hope the thief is caught and punished.

CraigHibee
18-03-2018, 10:08 AM
I know I'd be raging if it happened to me, poor bloke, definitely not to be laughed at even if they are our rivals and I do genuinely hope the guy gets his things back

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Horrendous thread op. If that was one of us we would feel the same. Stealing is the lowest of the low, never mind taking from one of your own. I hope the guy gets his scarf and all his badges back. Its probably taken years and quite a few ££'s for him to collect them all and not to mention the memories and sentimental value the these things hold.

Nobody deserves to be robbed, hope the thief is caught and punished.

Correct:top marks

leithsansiro
18-03-2018, 10:14 AM
"Somewhere among us is the lowest of the low........to steal from a fellow Hearts Supporter at a Hearts Function is despicable.

After attending the Willie Bauld Dinner last night I went to collect my jacket from the cloakroom, only to find it had already been taken.

They not only managed to obtain my Hearts Jacket from the cloakroom without a ticket, they would have known from the contents it was not their's

They then threw my house keys onto the pavement in Gorgie Road after checking the other contents in the Jacket.

My scarf has a collection of nearly 60 badges, some 30 years old including my 500 Club, many irreplaceable.

Sixty badges on a scarf?? He's no really bothered about his jacket. Just the scarf!

"Poor show on all accounts, but as you do not know the thief, we cannot say it was a fellow Hearts man"

"Could have been a drunken mistake. I’ve woken up after weddings with the wrong jacket before..."

Nae luck

Maybe I'm reading the OP wrong, but are you having a go at the guy who's had his jacket and scarf nicked, or the lack of sympathy from his fellow supporters. If it's the second, then fair enough. But if you're scoring points because a Hearts supporter was the victim of a theft, you need to be having a word with yourself.

And yeah, sixty badges on a scarf. If I'd spent the years collecting sixty Hibs badges, I'd be raging if someone nicked them.

No need. End of.

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2018, 10:14 AM
OP wouldn’t have expected the thread to go this way:na na:

Bostonhibby
18-03-2018, 10:15 AM
Not really funny TBH. On an individual fan basis I feel for this one. Hope they find the **** responsible.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
18-03-2018, 10:30 AM
OP wouldn’t have expected the thread to go this way:na na:

I think it was the irony he was getting at

Lendo
18-03-2018, 10:32 AM
Embarrassing thread. Delete

jacomo
18-03-2018, 10:33 AM
That isn't funny. I'd be gutted if I had a scarf of that level of sentimental value stolen. Hope he gets it back.

:agree:

The Green Goblin
18-03-2018, 10:40 AM
A scarf with huge sentimental value and 30 years of badges which show his dedication as a fan nicked, by one of their own no less. That’s a disgrace and a real shame. Stealing is a coward’s game, the lowest of the low, as he said. It’s a horrible feeling to have stuff you value stolen from you. I hope he gets them back.

Joe6-2
18-03-2018, 10:41 AM
The guy will be even more gutted if he knows he’s getting sympathy from the vermin!!

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 10:43 AM
A scarf with huge sentimental value and 30 years of badges which show his dedication as a fan nicked, by one of their own no less. That’s a disgrace and a real shame. Stealing is a coward’s game, the lowest of the low, as he said. It’s a horrible feeling to have stuff you value stolen from you. I hope he gets them back.

:agree:. Spot on. I've got a scarf from the late 80's/early 90's, if I lost it or had it nicked I'd be gutted!

IGRIGI
18-03-2018, 10:45 AM
Lol.

Anti-hoofbaw
18-03-2018, 10:56 AM
Charity thief?
"Somewhere among us is the lowest of the low........to steal a Crocodile Dundee DVD from a fellow Hearts Supporter at a Hearts Function is despicable.

After attending the Willie Bauld Dinner last night I went to collect my jacket from the cloakroom, only to find my Crocodile Dundee DVD had already been taken.

They not only managed to obtain my Crocodile Dundee DVD from my Hearts Jacket from the cloakroom without a ticket, they would have known from the contents it was not their's

They then threw my Crocodile Dundee DVD onto the pavement in Gorgie Road after checking the other contents in the Jacket.

My Crocodile Dundee DVD has a collection of nearly 60 Mick Dundee stickers inside it, some 30 years old including my "That's not a knife....THIS is a knife" irreplaceable.

I was then left to get home in the snow without my Crocodile Dundee DVD

Billychaotic182
18-03-2018, 11:01 AM
What a horrible thread. Poking fun at someone who has been the victim of theft purely because they support another team. There is no such thing as compassion with today’s society. Sad.

Pete
18-03-2018, 11:06 AM
Not Hibs class.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 11:07 AM
Delete this thread before we find out more disappointing things about people we previously respected.

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2018, 11:07 AM
I think it was the irony he was getting at

Nah he was trying to get a laugh at the lads misfortune. Don’t kid yourself.

Anti-hoofbaw
18-03-2018, 11:21 AM
Hope he gets his scarf back.

Yup. And breaks the thiefs fingers.

18-03-2018, 11:22 AM

Nae luck

Hope they find the culprit and he gets his jacket and scarf back. Not surprised he's more bothered about the scarf and badges which he won't be able to replace.

I am surprised they are suggesting it was not a Hearts fan or it was a mistake, how likely is it someone is going to wander in off the street on the off chance they'll be able to help themselves to something? If it was a drunken mistake then the keys wouldn't have been dumped just round the corner on Gorgie Rd, that tells you they knew at that point it wasn't their jacket. If it was a mistake then they'd have gone back round the corner and returned it.

sleeping giant
18-03-2018, 11:27 AM
I lost my 25+ year old scarf at the cup final .
Still miss it now :-(

Thecat23
18-03-2018, 11:28 AM
Hope the guy gets his stuff back. Those badges are prob from following his side for many years and mean a lot to him. I don’t find robbing someone funny no matter who it is.

bawheid
18-03-2018, 11:31 AM

That’s not good but bet you would have traded it at the start of the day for what happened next. A fair swap!

sleeping giant
18-03-2018, 11:38 AM
That’s not good but bet you would have traded it at the start of the day for what happened next. A fair swap!

Absolutely :agree:

Seemed to lose all the money in my wallet too and my memory :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Going to swim against the tide here and back the original poster. My first reaction was to laugh loudly, as this was, after all, a Jambo, an abstract figure of fun and haplessness, as we must reduce all our rivals to. That’s the essence of football rivalry- it’s both irrational and petty.

My next reaction was to move beyond that and empathize with the guy as a human being and a fellow football fan. The badge collection obviously means a lot to him and that kind of behavior, from your own and in a supposedly safe and supportive environment is ugly and undermines your belief in humanity.

The point I’m making is that I don’t have any problem whatsoever with experiencing both reactions. So while we should feel for the victim of this nasty affair, we should also cut the OP some slack and go easy on the sheepish virtue signaling.

CMac1988
18-03-2018, 11:42 AM
Absolutely :agree:

Seemed to lose all the money in my wallet too and my memory :greengrin

I'm sure the first accounts for the second. :cb

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Going to swim against the tide here and back the original poster. My first reaction was to laugh loudly, as this was, after all, a Jambo, an abstract figure of fun and haplessness, as we must reduce all our rivals to. That’s the essence of football rivalry- it’s both irrational and petty.

My next reaction was to move beyond that and empathize with the guy as a human being and a fellow football fan. The badge collection obviously means a lot to him and that kind of behavior, from your own and in a supposedly safe and supportive environment is ugly and undermines your belief in humanity.

The point I’m making is that I don’t have any problem whatsoever with experiencing both reactions. So while we should feel for the victim of this nasty affair, we should also cut the OP some slack and go easy on the sheepish virtue signaling.

Virtue signalling.

And expression invented by the virtueless.

One Day Soon
18-03-2018, 11:55 AM
I'd hope that any Hibee, or any supporter really, if they found that scarf would go out of their way to reunite the owner with it.

What the TV people and the people who have forced clubs to do this, that and the other to comply with their external views of football have never understood is that this isn't a commodity or a consumer experience for most fans. It's actually more like a religion or an expression of identity, belonging and community. That guy, like many of us, has spent years devoted to something that helps to define him. He's shared good and bad times with his closest friends and family, helped shape the club he loves and kept going back in the company of like minded people year after year to his club and his team. His scarf and his badges are his colours for all that.

I admire and recognise that loyalty and I salute it. Somewhere in Edinburgh there's a lifelong Hearts guy missing something that is a like a diary of his journey through a significant part of his life and I feel very, very sorry for him.

Whoever stole that jacket and scarf has just done the equivalent of breaking into someone's home and stealing all the non-valuable sentimental stuff. That's not trivial its ****ing heartbreaking. I hope he gets it all back and, honestly, I'd be pretty surprised if it was a genuine Hearts fan who stole it in the first place.

Libby Hibby
18-03-2018, 11:58 AM
I don’t find this very funny and I would be gutted if the same happened to me.

Hopefully the gentleman in question is reunited with his beloved treasure.

Eyrie
18-03-2018, 12:10 PM
I'd be very disappointed if this thread is deleted to spare the OP's blushes when the vast majority of responses have expressed sympathy for the victim of the crime.

Let's hope he gets his scarf back.

O'Rourke3
18-03-2018, 12:18 PM
I hope the man and his scarf get reunited. Having it nicked by a fellow fan is abominable. The reaction on his original post (presumably yakbak) that you can't blame a fellow fan for it also sums up a lot of the head in sand approach from a lot of the Hearts supporters. Always someone else.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

tamig
18-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Is this what we're reduced to? Laughing at someone who's had their things stolen due to who they support?

Not Hibs class for me.

Agreed. Hope the guy gets his gear back.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Is it just me, but i couldn't give a toss either way on any of this?

There are more important things i need to worry about at the moment, like how to get rid of this awful hangover, or the spuds need peeled for my roasties this afternoon.

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2018, 12:23 PM
I would suggest that if any Hibby is offered this scarf in a pub they refuse to buy it :greengrin

To be serious though, anybody seeing that scarf must know that it has to hold a great deal of sentimental value for the owner ... if it is a fellow 'Hearts man' the little scrote deserves a good kicking. Hell, I own one of the original tartan Hibs scarves, not like the generic effort on offer now, and I fear for its safety if I lay it down in the boozer before a game ... wore it to the cup final and I'd be gutted if it was nicked and lets not kid on there aren't pricks in our support who would do it.

Hope the guy gets his scarf back and wears it to many Hearts derby humpings in the future :aok:

Just Alf
18-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Hopefully there's CCTV of it in the venue itself, and I know we moan about "the authorities" bending over backwards for them but in this case I'd be quite happy if they had a quick shuftie to see if there was anything available on the street cameras around there (and there are a few!).

would hate it if it happened to one of us.

FilipinoHibs
18-03-2018, 12:40 PM

lots of thieves and villians who are Hibs fans.

snooky
18-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Delete this thread before we find out more disappointing things about people we previously respected.

:agree: Some awful uncalled for comments. How can we claim the moral high ground. Quite sad really.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Probably been broken down for parts already.

Nameless
18-03-2018, 12:55 PM

The point I’m making is that I don’t have any problem whatsoever with experiencing both reactions. So while we should feel for the victim of this nasty affair, we should also cut the OP some slack and go easy on the sheepish virtue signaling.Really? We cut the OP some slack, because.......? I assume it's because you know them personally and can vouch for their character. I hope it's not merely by dint of the fact we follow the same football team, and thereby owe them some kind of leeway to be crass.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Swedish hibee
18-03-2018, 01:25 PM
I got a programme nicked from under my seat at ER. It must have been taken from someone sitting right beside me,, and they all knew I wasn't a regular so that programme meant alot to me. Stealing from 'your own' is truly disgusting.
But kindness is always there too as a total stranger came up to me & gave me his programme in the pub afterwards. Someone had mentioned it to him.

pacoluna
18-03-2018, 02:18 PM
Not Hibs class.

This thread probably suggests that Hibs class is just a comfort blanket for some.

Hibs class, hearts class, Dundee class, Aberdeen class.. whats the difference ? I'm intrigued.

Capt Mainwaring
18-03-2018, 03:06 PM

Nae luck

There’s a time place and circumstance to rip the p@sh out of Hearts supporters ( we’re not spoilt for choice!) - but this isn’t one of them. Poor circumstances that the fella has been left with, and hope he gets his Jacket and belongings back

Quite why the Admins haven’t deleted this Thread as requested by a few does do them any favours either!

Sauzee16
18-03-2018, 03:13 PM
Shame, hope the boy gets his **** back.

Pete
18-03-2018, 03:24 PM
This thread probably suggests that Hibs class is just a comfort blanket for some.

Hibs class, hearts class, Dundee class, Aberdeen class.. whats the difference ? I'm intrigued.

Dundee class?

For starters, I’d say waking up at 1pm and Reebok classic.

Borderhibbie76
18-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Hope the guy gets his stuff back. Those badges are prob from following his side for many years and mean a lot to him. I don’t find robbing someone funny no matter who it is.Completely agree....regardless of who he supports it's not necessary to poke fun at someone else being the victim of theft. The guy will be gutted at losing his scarf and badges....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Harp
18-03-2018, 03:44 PM
Let's not kid ourselves that this sort of theft wouldn't happen at a Hibs event, or any other club's do. Sc*m bags aren't restricted to Tynecastle, no matter how often some would suggest they are.
Certainly hope the guy gets his treasured scarf back intact, and his jacket too.

timewilltell
18-03-2018, 03:45 PM

Nae luck

i wonder what’s worse... The low life who stole it or you for laughing at it.... Goodness me... quite sad...

Eaststand
18-03-2018, 03:46 PM

I did exactly the same and lost my beloved Hibs Tartan lambswool scarf after the final.
I was in the Percy and had a great night celebrating our win, it was choccers, so I probably lost it in there.

Next day down at Leith Links, next to Hanlon Hill, I saw a guy out with his Staffy, and the mutt had a lambswool Hibs Tartan scarf tied round its neck.
I know Hibs Tartan scarfs all look the same but I just know that was mine :-( .....ah well, it was a superb weekend, so i hope the mutt is still keeping warm while wearing it

GGTTH

lapsedhibee
18-03-2018, 03:47 PM
i wonder what’s worse... The low life who stole it or you for laughing at it.
Amazed you can't differentiate.

WoreTheGreen
18-03-2018, 03:50 PM
Mybe the coo eat it

sleeping giant
18-03-2018, 04:02 PM
I did exactly the same and lost my beloved Hibs Tartan lambswool scarf after the final.
I was in the Percy and had a great night celebrating our win, it was choccers, so I probably lost it in there.

Next day down at Leith Links, next to Hanlon Hill, I saw a guy out with his Staffy, and the mutt had a lambswool Hibs Tartan scarf tied round its neck.
I know Hibs Tartan scarfs all look the same but I just know that was mine :-( .....ah well, it was a superb weekend, so i hope the mutt is still keeping warm while wearing it

GGTTH

They don't even make the same one now.
I've obviously bought another but it's just not the same.
White with green letters and green tassels .
There are others similar , but they just don't have the same feel.

Still , at least it was held aloft at Hampden on 21st May .

Gone but not forgotten :greengrin

Sauzee16
18-03-2018, 04:07 PM
i wonder what’s worse... The low life who stole it or you for laughing at it.... Goodness me... quite sad...

You can’t be serious?

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2018, 04:14 PM
You can’t be serious?

About time this thread had a serious conversation in it.

Eaststand
18-03-2018, 04:16 PM
They don't even make the same one now.
I've obviously bought another but it's just not the same.
White with green letters and green tassels .
There are others similar , but they just don't have the same feel.

Still , at least it was held aloft at Hampden on 21st May .

Gone but not forgotten :greengrin

Yep, I've replaced mine with another lambswool one, and my laddie bought me one of the Scottish Cup Winners one too.
They're both great scarves, but we all get a bit attached to scarves that we've had for a few years eh
I've never usually got much time for anything related to Hertz, but in this case, i hope that old jambo gets his scarf back.

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Virtue signalling.

Agree completely in general terms and instantly regretted using it. Apart from anything else it gives other elements of the virtueless the opportunity to fixate on it and ignore the general argument.

cabbageandribs1875
18-03-2018, 04:19 PM

even i can work out which is worse, maybe better using a different analogy

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2018, 04:19 PM
lots of thieves and villians who are Hibs fans.

I find that very hard to believe reading this thread.

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2018, 04:32 PM
Virtue signalling.

Learnt something new today thanks to this thread :cb

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Learnt something new today thanks to this thread :cb

Is the thread title cockney rhyming slang for your user name?

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Damn. Outed.

Figured no one would suspect me of being a Hearts fan but you sussed it!

Launch me :greengrin

Sioux
18-03-2018, 05:24 PM
Just back in.

Well what a hullabaloo.

My point was the fact that some of the responses from Hertz fans was to suggest that it wisnae a hertz fan that stole the jacket. Apologies for for not making clear.

I did think it was funny that a most likely mature gentleman would turn up at a dinner with a 60 badge scarf on.

Walter
18-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Did it have a poppy on it ?

sadtom
18-03-2018, 06:11 PM
Did it have a poppy on it ?

My thoughts exactly.
Was one a poppy badge?
The old bill should be all over that. There is a firm over that way with previous.

SideBurns
18-03-2018, 06:21 PM
I think any decent person's first emotion on hearing the story should be - empathy. If it isn't, you should probably be a wee bit worried aboot yersel'. This is nowt to do with rivalry.

Mr White
18-03-2018, 06:23 PM
I think any decent person's first emotion on hearing the story should be - empathy. If it isn't, you should probably be a wee bit worried aboot yersel'. This is nowt to do with rivalry.

People who don't feel empathy tend not to worry about it in most cases :greengrin

SideBurns
18-03-2018, 06:28 PM
People who don't feel empathy tend not to worry about it in most cases :greengrin

No that's true...bit of a catch 22, right enough!

Beefster
18-03-2018, 06:39 PM
I got a programme nicked from under my seat at ER. It must have been taken from someone sitting right beside me,, and they all knew I wasn't a regular so that programme meant alot to me. Stealing from 'your own' is truly disgusting.
But kindness is always there too as a total stranger came up to me & gave me his programme in the pub afterwards. Someone had mentioned it to him.

My sympathies on having something stolen that meant a lot. I’d say that stealing is truly disgusting, whether from ‘your own’ or not though. A thieving ******* generally won’t stop to consider the finer details of the person that they are stealing from.

judas
18-03-2018, 07:10 PM

Not Hibs class for me.

As you say, it's not Hibs class to mock this man.

Theft is despicable.

jgl07
18-03-2018, 07:16 PM
I think that leaving prized possessions in an unguarded cloakroom was rather näive. I genuinely feel for the guy but his actions were ill advised given the somewhat dubious company he was in.

snooky
18-03-2018, 08:03 PM

First part : :bandit: Hibs crass
Second part : :aok: Hibs class

givescotlandfreedom
19-03-2018, 12:50 AM
I assume pointing out his own club was partial to some theft from society's most vulnerable to get one over on us would frowned upon?

Ronster117
19-03-2018, 01:59 AM
One unfortunate jambo after the last derby decided he no longer wanted his season ticket for the pbs so nailed it to a tree.... when he got home he thought better of it and decided to return and get it back. When he arrived at the tree the ticket was lying on the ground... some dirty thieving ****bag had stolen his nail.

:flag:

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2018, 09:59 AM
I notice that a few Hertz fans on JKB have expressed appreciation of this thread ... 'to be fair there's a few decent Hibs fans posting on it' ... that sort of thing.

So just to be clear, the following stuff is set in concrete no matter how many scarves you steal from each other:

Hearts are ****
Your new stand is ****, as is the rest of the rust arena
Your team is ****
Gorgie is a soulless dump
Your manager is a classless tramp
You are not 'famous' no matter how often you say it
You haven't won the League cup for 60 years
Two Scottish cups in return for destroying your clubs reputation and coming within a baw hair of its total annihilation wasn't 'worth it'
Referring to other clubs fans as 'vermin' is shan banter .... unless you are looking forward to a 4th Reich.
Owning a Rover a cardigan and driving gloves doesn't make you superior to the rest of us.
Winning WW1 was a joint effort ... you couldn't have done it without the Americans.
Releasing strips commemorating a man whose opinion of the poor fell just short of suggesting they be put in camps would never be tolerated at ER.

And finally ... what exactly is 'a Hearts man' ... Its like you lot are living in a re run of Brideshead revisited or Chariots of fire. Do you know Farquhar? Oh yes he's a fine upstanding chap just as you would expect from a good Eaton and Oxford man. Hearts man :jamboak:

Anyway ... hope your pal has found his scarf :greengrin

Hibbyradge
19-03-2018, 04:36 PM
Winning WW1 was a joint effort ... you couldn't have done it without the Americans.

:hilarious

hibby6270
19-03-2018, 04:58 PM
Is it just me or has everyone completely missed the point of the OP and the thread title?

When I read it, my immediate thoughts turned to the irony of something being stolen from what I assume was a Hearts charity dinner and the connection to our constant reminders on this forum that Hearts are charity thieves. This incident merely highlighted it further - no?

If that was the reason behind the OP then I see what he was trying to say even if it was said in a strange way. I don’t believe anyone on here believes their fans are charity thieves. It’s the club itself we level that accusation at.

That said I agree with everyone else, that having a treasured possession inadvertently taken or worse, stolen, is the lowest of the low. Whoever took it must have realised at some point it wasn’t theirs.

Hope he is reunited with the scarf and badges soon.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-03-2018, 05:58 PM
Just disgusting to steal off your fellow fans

One Day
19-03-2018, 06:56 PM
I notice that a few Hertz fans on JKB have expressed appreciation of this thread ... 'to be fair there's a few decent Hibs fans posting on it' ... that sort of thing.

So just to be clear, the following stuff is set in concrete no matter how many scarves you steal from each other:

Hearts are ****
Your new stand is ****, as is the rest of the rust arena
Your team is ****
Gorgie is a soulless dump
Your manager is a classless tramp
You are not 'famous' no matter how often you say it
You haven't won the League cup for 60 years
Two Scottish cups in return for destroying your clubs reputation and coming within a baw hair of its total annihilation wasn't 'worth it'
Referring to other clubs fans as 'vermin' is shan banter .... unless you are looking forward to a 4th Reich.
Owning a Rover a cardigan and driving gloves doesn't make you superior to the rest of us.
Releasing strips commemorating a man whose opinion of the poor fell just short of suggesting they be put in camps would never be tolerated at ER.

And finally ... what exactly is 'a Hearts man' ... Its like you lot are living in a re run of Brideshead revisited or Chariots of fire. Do you know Farquhar? Oh yes he's a fine upstanding chap just as you would expect from a good Eaton and Oxford man. Hearts man :jamboak:

Anyway ... hope your pal has found his scarf :greengrin

This. Just in case they think we are going soft

I'm_cabbaged
19-03-2018, 07:05 PM
Just disgusting to steal off your fellow fans

Just disgusting to steal off of any cant, no?

Iggy Pope
20-03-2018, 04:20 PM
I think that leaving prized possessions in an unguarded cloakroom was rather näive. I genuinely feel for the guy but his actions were ill advised given the somewhat dubious company he was in.

In a nutshell.
Going on a night out with a scarf covered in irreplaceable badges?

Speaking as a collector I find the man to be an attention seeking erse.

Geo_1875
21-03-2018, 09:32 AM
I feel gutted for the guy, he is obviously a loyal supporter of his team and has had a scarf and badges nicked that will hold many special memories for him. I fail to see how that is funny, or worth gloating about. Let’s not pretend that there aren’t a few Hibs fans that would lift a wallet given half a chance.

You'll be supplying names for these Hibs fans?

Or, more likely, keeping your head down after making an unfounded accusation.

One Day Soon
21-03-2018, 09:46 AM
In a nutshell.
Going on a night out with a scarf covered in irreplaceable badges?

Speaking as a collector I find the man to be an attention seeking erse.

Apparently there's a union for that.

Phil MaGlass
21-03-2018, 02:20 PM
I'd hope that any Hibee, or any supporter really, if they found that scarf would go out of their way to reunite the owner with it.

What the TV people and the people who have forced clubs to do this, that and the other to comply with their external views of football have never understood is that this isn't a commodity or a consumer experience for most fans. It's actually more like a religion or an expression of identity, belonging and community. That guy, like many of us, has spent years devoted to something that helps to define him. He's shared good and bad times with his closest friends and family, helped shape the club he loves and kept going back in the company of like minded people year after year to his club and his team. His scarf and his badges are his colours for all that.

I admire and recognise that loyalty and I salute it. Somewhere in Edinburgh there's a lifelong Hearts guy missing something that is a like a diary of his journey through a significant part of his life and I feel very, very sorry for him.

Whoever stole that jacket and scarf has just done the equivalent of breaking into someone's home and stealing all the non-valuable sentimental stuff. That's not trivial its ****ing heartbreaking. I hope he gets it all back and, honestly, I'd be pretty surprised if it was a genuine Hearts fan who stole it in the first place.

This, top post, cannae stand hertz or many of their ersehole supporters, but, stories like this are quite sad, hope he gets his gear back. Must be me gettin older and more mellow,

hertz basrtards

snooky
21-03-2018, 02:54 PM

He should put a post on Kickback telling the tea-leaf he can keep the jeckit but to at least have one ounce of decency and post the scarf (badges & aw) to a HoM FC for pick up.
You can always replace items but not the sentimental ones.

Halifaxhibby
21-03-2018, 02:59 PM
I heard about a couple of govan zombies who had moved to leith early 90's who would regularly visit Easter road just to pickpocket people on the way out.
Anyone hear or experience this?

GGTTH
FTHMFC

Keith_M
21-03-2018, 03:04 PM
Some Fandan stole a Leith Lynx (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzLZrSKWIAACtsA.jpg) from me at a Hampden Semi Final. I put it on the seat next to me and, the next time I turned round, it had gone.

I was so upset that the missus had to buy me another one at the earliest opportunity.

Truly despicable.

Sauzee16
21-03-2018, 04:12 PM
You would have thought it may have got some publicity on the een due to the nature of the theft to hopefully locate the guys badges that regardless of how ***** we think they are will mean a great lot to that guy. No, they would rather focus on rude jokes in the bathroom of the Nip.

Scouse Hibee
21-03-2018, 07:55 PM

Why? There are plenty of thieving gits about, some of them even dare to follow Hibs.....imagine that.

WhileTheChief..
21-03-2018, 09:51 PM

Too right.. there are no Hibs fans in Saughton. That’s a fact right there for you.

Libby Hibby
21-03-2018, 09:55 PM
Too right.. there are no Hibs fans in Saughton. That’s a fact right there for you.

Apart fi Begbie

mca
21-03-2018, 10:02 PM

There is however at least one in hmp Edinburgh.. :wink: although unrelated to the thread..

AltheHibby
23-03-2018, 08:16 AM
Any news on the guy getting his scarf back?