PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Adams Sending Off

poolman
17-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Just saw it on MOTD

Nowhere near as bad as last night's on SJM

Pete
18-03-2018, 12:54 AM
It’s a nothing challenge and he was going for the ball.

Pathetic overreaction.

HibernianJK
18-03-2018, 01:34 AM
Are you joking? He lunged in studs up. McGinn was tripped up stop acting like it was murder.

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2018, 01:47 AM
Just saw it on MOTD

Nowhere near as bad as last night's on SJM

It was badly timed but IMO not malicious, in fact if Rooney hadn't beaten him to the ball he would probably have made contact with it ... if you ask me he was unlucky to be sent off. A red is for deliberate or reckless foul play ... in Adam's case it was neither as far as I could see.

In a decent world the foul on SJM would have been red because of its cynical nature and for the fact that it was far more forceful than jut a trip .... unfortunately its not and in the case of fouls like that 70% of the time a yellow is all that's given.

poolman
18-03-2018, 02:23 AM
Are you joking? He lunged in studs up. McGinn was tripped up stop acting like it was murder.

Behave yerself
McGinn tripped up :furious: ?

Dearie me

HibernianJK
18-03-2018, 02:46 AM
Behave yerself
McGinn tripped up :furious: ?

Dearie me

Granted it was a forceful trip. It’s not a red card.

FilipinoHibs
18-03-2018, 05:12 AM

McGinn had broken free and was in threatening counter acting situation. defo a red.

Forza Fred
18-03-2018, 05:16 AM

That’s the way I interpreted it..personally I would like a red card for such an action, but I think the ref was right under the laws of the game.

Pretty Boy
18-03-2018, 06:06 AM
The Adam one was a red card. He was out of control as he was unable to pull out, studs were up and he caught Rooney high up on the ankle. He knew it himself as he went straight over to check on WR. Even his own manager admitted he didn't have too much to argue about.

I've not seen the Alston/McGinn incident but if it was indeed as bad or worse than that then it should have been a red.

HibernianJK
18-03-2018, 06:07 AM
McGinn had broken free and was in threatening counter acting situation. defo a red.

Why does that make it a red? Professional foul. Yellow card.

hibbymick
18-03-2018, 06:16 AM

I don't think there's been a single pundit come out and said it was only a yellow. I may be wrong.

Future17
18-03-2018, 06:27 AM
That’s the way I interpreted it..personally I would like a red card for such an action, but I think the ref was right under the laws of the game.

Agree. I can understand why we might like it to be a red but the intent was to stop the attack, not hurt the player.

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2018, 06:27 AM
Said on Friday at match it was a red, seen it several times since and not changed my opinion. Not just a trip, but a reckless foul.

jax67
18-03-2018, 06:44 AM
Said on Friday at match it was a red, seen it several times since and not changed my opinion. Not just a trip, but a reckless foul.

Yep, it wasn’t a trip, it was a kick.

JimBHibees
18-03-2018, 06:54 AM

Agree totally

Scouse Hibee
18-03-2018, 06:58 AM
Adam's was a clear red card no doubt what so ever

hibsbollah
18-03-2018, 07:01 AM
Obvious red.

staunchhibby
18-03-2018, 07:22 AM
So was Alstons a clear red on Friday night.

hibbydog
18-03-2018, 07:29 AM
Charlie Adams foul was punishable by red card purely for being Charlie Adam.

Cannot stand that fat bhastard and can’t understand how he gets away with it. Now idea how that is the physique of a millionaire professional athlete.

Hope he *****s a hedgehog etc

StevieCowan
18-03-2018, 07:32 AM

Spot on 👍

StevieCowan
18-03-2018, 07:32 AM

Pedantic point but if you think it’s reckelss then that’s a yellow card.

eastcoasthibby
18-03-2018, 07:43 AM
It was badly timed but IMO not malicious, in fact if Rooney hadn't beaten him to the ball he would probably have made contact with it ... if you ask me he was unlucky to be sent off. A red is for deliberate or reckless foul play ... in Adam's case it was neither as far as I could see.

In a decent world the foul on SJM would have been red because of its cynical nature and for the fact that it was far more forceful than jut a trip .... unfortunately its not and in the case of fouls like that 70% of the time a yellow is all that's given.

If alstons attack on mcginn happened in any of the English games it would have been a straight red every time and shown over and over again and as happened on friday not a red it would have got even more air time ..which would have had an imapct on showing how flinkin awful a decision the ref made ..but up here the refs get away with murder because of the poor scrutiny and lack of desire by media to out the refs for the amount of poor, dodgy, imcompetent and biased decisions.

Hibee Mac
18-03-2018, 07:50 AM
Agree. I can understand why we might like it to be a red but the intent was to stop the attack, not hurt the player.

It may not have been his intent to hurt the player, but the fact is his actions very much could have hurt the player. His challenge was too forceful to be a nothing trip I'm sure he knew full well he could injure McGinn, as well as being cynical. Red card IMO.

eastcoasthibby
18-03-2018, 08:02 AM
I think we have been the subject to quite a few blatant cynical heavy and brutal challenges that were cynical intentional and without doubt aimed at stopping the player from going forward into a very dangerous position most probably creating a goalscoring opportunity ...this intent to injure is a definite requirement for a red, but the intent to stop a player regardless with a trip, jersey pull, etc ....needs to be stamped out, just because its not a direct run on goal, doesnt mean its not creating a very good opportunity ..it happens far too often and is not helping our game in creating excitement and encouraging goalscoring activity ...!! It will stop some of the hammmer throwers and non footballers dominating our game.

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2018, 09:12 AM

Is reckless not a red?

Tomsk
18-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Is reckless not a red?

No. Reckless is specifically a yellow card (caution) according to the laws of the game. Alston could have been red carded (sent off) if the referee at his discretion had deemed the offence to be either serious foul play or violent conduct.

Herein lies the problem. What does reckless actually mean, and when does reckless cross over to something more serious. It seems to referees have too much discretion, which results in players being treated and punished differently for essentially the same offences.

HTD1875
18-03-2018, 09:59 AM
So frustrating St Johnstone are a horrible team who clearly looked to foul everytime hibs got a bit of momentum going or looked threatening. The same tactics they used against us at McDiarmid park earlier in the season.

Horrible anti football team.

Still don’t think it’s a red though, just a clever yellow to take.

jacomo
18-03-2018, 10:22 AM
Charlie Adams foul was punishable by red card purely for being Charlie Adam.

Cannot stand that fat bhastard and can’t understand how he gets away with it. Now idea how that is the physique of a millionaire professional athlete.

Hope he *****s a hedgehog etc

Don’t have anything against Adam personally but he must have the highest BMI in the English Premier League by some distance.

tamig
18-03-2018, 01:13 PM

It was serious foul play. McGinn was running at pace and Alston’s kick at him - a good bit up his leg - endangered him. I’m just thankful he wasn’t seriously injured. Red card.

hibee62
18-03-2018, 01:17 PM

Because the ball wasn’t in the equation, it was not an attempt at a tackle and it was violent rather than aggressive, therefore violent conduct and a red card.

brog
18-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Why does that make it a red? Professional foul. Yellow card.,

There's no such thing as a professional foul & Alston kicked SJM, he didn't trip him. That makes it serious foulplay = a red card. Beaton seems as confused about the Laws of the Game as many of the posters on here.

jockspanner
18-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Because the ball wasn’t in the equation, it was not an attempt at a tackle and it was violent rather than aggressive, therefore violent conduct and a red card.
If Alston had punched McGinn instead of kicking him he would have been sent off, which ever one he had done it is still violent conduct, many years ago Tommy Gemmell was sent off for booting Haller of West Germany in a World Cup qualifier.

StevieCowan
18-03-2018, 02:13 PM

There's no such thing as a professional foul & Alston kicked SJM, he didn't trip him. That makes it serious foulplay = a red card. Beaton seems as confused about the Laws of the Game as many of the posters on here.

Can you show us the wording from the laws of the game that justifies a red card?

IWasThere2016
18-03-2018, 02:31 PM
Lambert said it was a red.. and it was.

brog
18-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Can you show us the wording from the laws of the game that justifies a red card?

I already did on the Beaton thread.