PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think....?

SideBurns
17-03-2018, 07:54 PM
Several barry new songs have entered the songbook in recent years, but are there a few auld yins which we feel have been neglected?

Watching Dad's Army now with a lovely glass of malbec reminds me of:

"Who do think you are kidding Mr Jeffries
If you think you're number one.
We are the boys from the Leith San Siro
We are the boys who fxxxed you seven zero"

Smashing!

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 07:58 PM
Several barry new songs have entered the songbook in recent years, but are there a few auld yins which we feel have been neglected?

Watching Dad's Army now with a lovely glass of malbec reminds me of:

"Who do think you are kidding Mr Jeffries
If you think you're number one.
We are the boys from the Leith San Siro
We are the boys who fxxxed you seven zero"

Smashing!

Great tune.

That reminds me a wee bit of also, does anyone remember the guy in the east who sang the words to Roy Chubby Browns Alice

“And for 24 years I’ve been living next door to Jeffries, Jeffries l, who the **** is Jeffries?” On his own randomly from time to time 😂 also the toora loora loora time? 😂

Austinho
19-03-2018, 12:59 AM
I remember one when I was little that went to the tune of This Old Man: H-I-B, E-R-N, I-A-N, Hibernian! Anyone else remember it?

I’d love to see the old classics out from time to time for players past. Rob Jones song to Spandau Ballet will always be an all time favourite of mine.

Austinho
19-03-2018, 01:01 AM
On that note, Man United still sing about George Best. Would love to hear this one at ER!

Goin' up to the spirit in the sky
That's where I'm gonna go when I die
When I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go on the pish with Georgie Best

Haymaker
19-03-2018, 04:15 AM
I remember one when I was little that went to the tune of This Old Man: H-I-B, E-R-N, I-A-N, Hibernian! Anyone else remember it?

I remember it.

One Day
20-03-2018, 07:05 AM

I’d love to see the old classics out from time to time for players past. Rob Jones song to Spandau Ballet will always be an all time favourite of mine.

I remember it well

Leith's finest
20-03-2018, 07:52 AM
On that note, Man United still sing about George Best. Would love to hear this one at ER!

Goin' up to the spirit in the sky
That's where I'm gonna go when I die
When I die and they lay me to rest
Gonna go on the pish with Georgie Best
Could change last line with
Gonna go on the gear wi mikey weir