PDA

View Full Version : kilmarnock

steelendhibs
17-03-2018, 04:37 PM
As well as looking for 2nd place, we better have one eye constantly over our shoulder.....they are on a great run!!

SirDavidsNapper
17-03-2018, 04:40 PM
As well as looking for 2nd place, we better have one eye constantly over our shoulder.....they are on a great run!!

Clarke has done an exceptional job there. Cant see him sticking around

Babyshamble
17-03-2018, 04:40 PM
Stevie Clarke doing a great job 👍

MWHIBBIES
17-03-2018, 04:43 PM
Hibs are on a great run with 2 very winnable home games ahead, not worried

Spike Mandela
17-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Real and present danger for securing 4th place.

MacGruber
17-03-2018, 04:46 PM

Hopefully Dylan is fit for them with McGinn out.... a bit worried about these games if that's the case. Still think we should have enough in the locker. No worries over Bell coming in. Maybe Swanson has to step up

B.H.F.C
17-03-2018, 04:46 PM
Killie play Hamilton twice and Partick before the split. Been under the radar until now, they will be expected to win them.

Second still possible for us.

DTS
17-03-2018, 04:47 PM

This is very true, however killies next 3 games are against the exact same 2 sides. They have Hamilton twice and partick once

Diclonius
17-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Wonder where we'd be now if we'd appointed Clarke instead of Calderwood in 2010.

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Killie are more likely to catch us than we are to catch Rangers, imo.

Aberdeen have a real chance of 2nd place, but after last night, I think 4th is as good as it will get for us.

WhileTheChief..
17-03-2018, 04:58 PM
We’re a point closer to 2nd than we were last week. It’s still very much on for us.

Sir David Gray
17-03-2018, 04:59 PM

Aberdeen have a real chance of 2nd place, but after last night, I think 4th is as good as it will get for us.

Even although we've gained a point on 2nd place since last night?

hibsbollah
17-03-2018, 04:59 PM
I'd be pleased for them if Clarke wasn't such an ungenerous soorfaced tit.

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2018, 05:01 PM
We are as close to 2nd as Killie are to us and we have a game in and on The Rangers

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 05:01 PM

Yes. Aberdeen have gained 3.

B.H.F.C
17-03-2018, 05:02 PM

Sheep will s**t themselves against Rangers as per.

Killie have been under the radar until now, that changes things for them now IMO.

Six points of second with a game in hand makes it achievable.

danhibees1875
17-03-2018, 05:03 PM

I agree. I'd rather rangers had won today than Killie.

Ozyhibby
17-03-2018, 05:06 PM
We are on a great run ourselves. Just need to keep winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
17-03-2018, 05:08 PM
Yes. Aberdeen have gained 3.

I know that but I wouldn't say that we're consigned to no more than 4th after last night though. We are 6 points behind Rangers with a game in hand and our next 3 games are against 3 of the bottom 4 teams in the league.

Col2
17-03-2018, 05:09 PM
We should get 9 points from next three games. No guarantees but we should do.

Aberdeen should win at home in next round but are away to Motherwell and away gorgie losers so not impossible to think they will get say 5 points

Sevco should win at home but are also away to Motherwell so could drop points and get say 4 points

Based on that scenario before split we would be level with Aberdeen and 1 point behind sevco going into split.

Killie should win all 3 games as well.

Down to what we do in very winnable games. Last night point might end up being crucial.

B.H.F.C
17-03-2018, 05:09 PM
I agree. I'd rather rangers had won today than Killie.

Stop being negative. Look up the way. Are we seriously worried about Kilmarnock?

BlackSheep
17-03-2018, 05:13 PM
There’s 6 points in it between us and rangers... so if we manage to beat them and Aberdeen after the split and win our game in hand on rangers, we have a huge chance of 2nd!

Let’s be positive!

erin go bragh
17-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Clarke applied for the Hearts job 😂😂😂
They must be spewing.

Stuart93
17-03-2018, 05:15 PM
One draw after playing 75mins with ten men and we're now consigned to finishing 4th possibly 5th because killie are overtaking us 😂

danhibees1875
17-03-2018, 05:16 PM
Stop being negative. Look up the way. Are we seriously worried about Kilmarnock?

Think you've misspelled pragmatic there.

They're 6 behind us, on amazing form, and have a good run in to the split. When do you think we should start to consider them as challengers?

ancient hibee
17-03-2018, 05:16 PM
Wonder where we'd be now if we'd appointed Clarke instead of Calderwood in 2010.
Still waiting to win the cup.

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 05:17 PM

No, not at all. We will finish comfortably ahead of them. Rangers are going to combust.

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Still waiting to win the cup.

👍

ekhibee
17-03-2018, 05:18 PM
Killie are a very dangerous side to play at the moment, I don't know how they'd cope if they got injuries but people are right to be wary of them. They're far better than Hearts who are next in the league. As far as European places are concerned, the games after the split are going to be fascinating, every one of them.

IGRIGI
17-03-2018, 05:19 PM
****ting it from Kilmarnock is pre Lennon mentality.

Should only be looking up the table to take 2nd.

HFCdeb
17-03-2018, 05:25 PM
It really is incredible what Clarke has done there. If they were to finish above us I think I'd be marvelling at them more than I'd be disappointed with us.

Mikey
17-03-2018, 05:26 PM
So let me get this straight. We're 6 points behind Rangers but have no chance of catching them and we're 6 points ahead of Kilmarnock and they're definitely going to catch us.

Ok then :greengrin

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 05:28 PM

No-one is sheitting it.

I just think people have unrealistic expectations as to what we can achieve.

Our keeper is out for the next game, McGeough is injured again and SJM is suspended for 2 games. Climbing higher in the league is going to be tough.

That's my honest appraisal of the situation. I think finishing 4th in our first season back is a great effort and I'll be happy with that.

The way some folk are speaking, they'll be disappointed with it.

hhibs

Well said that man !

:flag::flag::flag:

Hibbyradge
So let me get this straight. We're 6 points behind Rangers but have no chance of catching them and we're 6 points ahead of Kilmarnock and they're definitely going to catch us.

Who said that?

danhibees1875
17-03-2018, 05:30 PM

No one has said Killie will definitely finish ahead of us. The only thing people seem to think is a definite is us finishing ahead of Killie.

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2018, 05:31 PM

They're 6 behind us, on amazing form, and have a good run in to the split. When do you think we should start to consider them as challengers?

And we have Partick, Hamilton and Ross County before the split and we are on amazing form. We are the same points behind The Rangers as Killie are behind us and we have a game in hand on the Huns. Let’s start being positive and looking to catch them ahead of us

Ronniekirk
17-03-2018, 05:36 PM

Mcginn suspension coming up Dylan injured No 1 Keeper suspended for next game Things seem to be working against us at the wrong time
Can Killie keep their run going ? The pressure will mount on them nowv
Last night was a winnable game and circumstances conspired against us Two points dropped
But lets see how the next set of results go

danhibees1875
17-03-2018, 05:42 PM
And we have Partick, Hamilton and Ross County before the split and we are on amazing form. We are the same points behind The Rangers as Killie are behind us and we have a game in hand on the Huns. Let’s start being positive and looking to catch them ahead of us

Is there a reason we can't do both?

We can look at the possibilities of climbing higher up the league while also being cautious of the teams behind us.

I'll admit to being a bit fickle on this one, as a win last night would have left me buzzing about Killie beating that lot today.

WhileTheChief..
17-03-2018, 05:45 PM
The Killie players have less pressure on them than anyone else in the league.

Why would that change now? They’ll be relishing things and enjoying every moment, looking forward to each game.

They won’t be feeling any kinda pressure at all. Good on them too but I doubt they’ll catch us.

We’ll finsih 3rd.

The Spaceman
17-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Really will be an interesting Top 6 this year - every game will be unpredictable and most likely good football on show (bar Hearts of course). Looking forward to it.

B.H.F.C
17-03-2018, 05:49 PM

Do you think they will take 7 points more than us in the remaining 8 games? I don’t. Not for a minute.

We are six of third with a game in hand. Only one direction to look.

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Fill your boots ...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/premiership/betting-without-celtic

danhibees1875
17-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Do you think they will take 7 points more than us in the remaining 8 games? I don’t. Not for a minute.

We are six of third with a game in hand. Only one direction to look.

I think that they could. I don't know if they will.

Be interesting to see the order of fixtures we get after the split.

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2018, 05:55 PM

Aberdeen have a real chance of 2nd place, but after last night, I think 4th is as good as it will get for us.Completely disagree with you 3rd at least is very achievable...Aberdeen have 2 tough away games at Well and Tiny Tynie pre split...and we all know there record against the better sides...who they will face post split. Killie are indeed a threat but the Sheep are very catchable

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2018, 05:58 PM

They're 6 behind us, on amazing form, and have a good run in to the split. When do you think we should start to consider them as challengers?U need to stop being so negative...we also are on a great run...how about a wee bit more confidence in your team mate??

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2018, 05:59 PM

Ok then :greengrinAnd a game in hand on Rangers whilst us and Killie have played same games too ...this place beggars belief sometimes honestly mate [emoji85]🤣

danhibees1875
17-03-2018, 06:02 PM
U need to stop being so negative...we also are on a great run...how about a wee bit more confidence in your team mate??

It's not being negative to think the most in form team in the country could catch us over 8 games.

It's not like I want them to.

Hearts could catch us too by the way. :wink:

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Completely disagree with you 3rd at least is very achievable...Aberdeen have 2 tough away games at Well and Tiny Tynie pre split...and we all know there record against the better sides...who they will face post split. Killie are indeed a threat but the Sheep are very catchable

I agree it's achievable, and I hope we do it, I just don't think it's likely.

We're going to be away to Hearts and Aberdeen after the split, and possibly The Rangers. We'd need to win all of them and that's unlikely.

It's a nice change to be having this discussion, right enough.

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2018, 06:04 PM
I agree it's achievable, and I hope we do it, I just don't think it's likely.

We're going to be away to Hearts and Aberdeen, and possibly The Rangers, after the split. We'd need to win all of them and that's unlikely.

It's a nice change to be having this discussion, right enough.That is true and personally I'd be very happy with 4th but haven't given up hope of 3rd or even 2nd yet. We've already won twice at Ibrox...and this team is capable of going to these places and winning points. If fancy us to pick up more points than the Sheep post split so if we are in touching distance of them at split it's game on imo

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 06:08 PM
And a game in hand on Rangers whilst us and Killie have played same games too ...this place beggars belief sometimes honestly mate [emoji85]🤣

It's incredible sometimes.

Would you believe that some people put their hard earned cash on Hibs going unbeaten last season?

And on Simon Murray to finish top scorer this campaign?

Confidence is fine, but some of the expectations people have are fantasy.

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Clarke must be a real contender for manager of the year, Killie were contenders for relegation when he took over. To win at Ibrox after playing extra time on Tuesday night and the disappointment of losing on penalties is impressive, it would be mental to discount them as a danger.

Having said that, Hibs have to be looking at the teams above us and if we are to stay in contention for 3rd or even 2nd we have to win our next 3 games. We have a fortnights rest now and hopefully Barker or McGeouch will be fit to play by the time Partick Thistle come to ER, hopefully both. If not then its time for a few folk who have been bit part players this season to step up to the plate, for example Danny Swanson.

In fact, if things don't work out we could be looking at this team for the Partick game:

Bell

Ambrose, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson

Boyle, Bartley, Allan, Swanson

Kamberi, McLaren

jgl07
17-03-2018, 06:14 PM

Would you believe that some people put their hard earned cash on Hibs going unbeaten last season?

But Simon Murray is still Hibs top scorer!

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2018, 06:15 PM
Clarke must be a real contender for manager of the year, Killie were contenders for relegation when he took over. To win at Ibrox after playing extra time on Tuesday night and the disappointment of losing on penalties is impressive, it would be mental to discount them as a danger.

Having said that, Hibs have to be looking at the teams above us and if we are to stay in contention for 3rd or even 2nd we have to win our next 3 games. We have a fortnights rest now and hopefully Barker or McGeouch will be fit to play by the time Partick Thistle come to ER, hopefully both. If not then its time for a few folk who have been bit part players this season to step up to the plate, for example Danny Swanson.

In fact, if things don't work out we could be looking at this team for the Partick game:

Bell

Kamberi, McLarenThat's still a very decent looking side in all honestly but let's hope the 2 week break allows Dylan and Barker time to recover

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 06:15 PM
But Simon Murray is still Hibs top scorer!

He's not the Premiership top scorer, which is what they bet.

MWHIBBIES
17-03-2018, 06:16 PM

We only lost 3 games in the league and 2 were really unlucky, not mad to suggest at all

Nevi_SOL
17-03-2018, 06:16 PM
Steve Clarke deserves manager of the year regardless. Can still see us finish above them 👍🏼

Jack Hackett
17-03-2018, 06:19 PM
What on earth is the point of looking at who's coming up behind us? We have the games we have to play, and will approach each and every one of them with the intention of winning. There isn't a single game where Lenny will be thinking we can take it easy in this one. Killie are going great so we will try to do better.

Que sera, sera

Sas_The_Hibby
17-03-2018, 06:27 PM
I can't believe there have been 58 contributions to this thread, without the terms "Happy Clapper" or "Doom and Gloomer" being used once.

Or is that SO 2017? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 06:36 PM
We only lost 3 games in the league and 2 were really unlucky, not mad to suggest at all

So the bet was only lost 3 times.

Also, luck plays a big part in football which is another reason not to bet on it.

Wasn't there folk with bets on Hibs to win every game too?

hibbysam
17-03-2018, 06:38 PM
If Killie make up 7 points on us after the split then we should be looking to a different sport as it probably means we’ve lost every game. We take care of the theee games we have coming up, like we should against the dross of this league then there is absolutely no chance of them catching us.

greenlex
17-03-2018, 06:43 PM
It’s all about what we do.

highland hibbee
17-03-2018, 06:57 PM

Bell

Kamberi, McLaren

whittaker could also play in midfield

green day
17-03-2018, 07:53 PM

God help us......

greenlex
17-03-2018, 07:56 PM
I’d stick Efe in there and put Porteous into a back three.

Souter96Mac
17-03-2018, 08:41 PM
**** Killie, we're getting 2nd

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2018, 10:23 PM

If we get to that stage mate we are in serious bother :confused:

Billy Whizz
17-03-2018, 10:29 PM

Seriously?

Col2
17-03-2018, 11:44 PM

Whittaker is a talented experienced player who played for Norwich in midfield in a very challenging league. He has been really unlucky with injury after trying to build his fitness up. I would have no issues with him in midfield if we needed him.

Sir David Gray
17-03-2018, 11:58 PM
**** Killie, we're getting 2nd

That's the spirit.

B.H.F.C
18-03-2018, 12:11 AM

Lewis Stevenson played at centre half in a win at Ibrox so Steven Whittaker playing in central midfield at home to Partick doesn’t fill me with fear.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-03-2018, 11:05 AM
He's not the Premiership top scorer, which is what they bet.

I had a fiver on for a bit of fun at 33/1. Was still being offered a fiver cash out a couple of weeks ago and it’s still worth a couple of pounds now. It’s just a bit fun.
What about all those Leicester fans with unrealistic expectations that made tens of thousands when they bet on them to win the league?

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 11:22 AM
I had a fiver on for a bit of fun at 33/1. Was still being offered a fiver cash out a couple of weeks ago and it’s still worth a couple of pounds now. It’s just a bit fun.
What about all those Leicester fans with unrealistic expectations that made tens of thousands when they bet on them to win the league?

If people think giving their money away is fun, who am I to criticise? :greengrin

My point is about unrealistic expectations. Somehow, when it comes to football, people's hopes seem to completely cloud their judgement.

Hibs could get second place, but to do so, we need to outperform 2 teams above us, both of whom are also determined to finish 2nd.

Most probably, we'll have to play both of them away from Easter Road so it's going to be very difficult.

I don't think Killie will overtake us, but they only have to better one team, us, which is why I think that's more likely than us getting second.

We're 8/1 for a reason.

Joe6-2
18-03-2018, 11:26 AM
Steve Clarke deserves manager of the year regardless. Can still see us finish above them 👍🏼

Maybe he does, but Lennon should be a major contender, considering we have just come up from the championship

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 11:33 AM
Maybe he does, but Lennon should be a major contender, considering we have just come up from the championship

It's between the two of them, but as it stands, Clarke is bossing it.

Since he arrived, Killie have been transformed from relegation candidates to European place contenders and they've beaten Celtc and The Rangers along the way.

If Hibs finish second, Lennon might win, but otherwise, I can't see a scenario in which Clarke doesn't get the nod.

Sammy7nil
18-03-2018, 01:05 PM
If people think giving their money away is fun, who am I to criticise? :greengrin

My point is about unrealistic expectations. Somehow, when it comes to football, people's hopes seem to completely cloud their judgement.

Hibs could get second place, but to do so, we need to outperform 2 teams above us, both of whom are also determined to finish 2nd.

Most probably, we'll have to play both of them away from Easter Road so it's going to be very difficult.

I don't think Killie will overtake us, but they only have to better one team, us, which is why I think that's more likely than us getting second.

We're 8/1 for a reason.

How much did you manage to get on the Rangers winning the league last week?:wink:

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 01:08 PM
How much did you manage to get on the Rangers winning the league last week?:wink:

Nowt.

I don't bet much.

:na na:

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2018, 01:29 PM
Seriously?

Whittaker is a talented experienced player who played for Norwich in midfield in a very challenging league. He has been really unlucky with injury after trying to build his fitness up. I would have no issues with him in midfield if we needed him.

I'm only going by what I've seen of him this season, what he's done previously is commendable but that doesn't count for much in the here and now. He is as slow as a week in jail and doesn't look capable of playing 90 minutes without blowing bubbles by the 70th. How that situation will be improved by the fact that he's barely kicked a ball for Hibs this year is beyond me, experienced or not.

Nobody would be happier than me to be proved wrong on this ... I just don't think I am.

Killiehibbie
18-03-2018, 05:16 PM
I've backed them quite a few times since we won at Rugby Park. Didn't think they be at the bottom end of the league for much longer.

Hi Heid Yin
18-03-2018, 06:22 PM
I'd be pleased for them if Clarke wasn't such an ungenerous soorfaced tit.

:agree::agree:

Ozyhibby
18-03-2018, 08:49 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180318/717f3bcafd67ea5283cca3db99775f73.jpg