PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night football

lucky
17-03-2018, 01:32 PM
I see Manchester United v Brighton is a 1945 KO tonight. Surely it’s time for fans to stand up to the TV companies like they are doing in Germany with regards to Monday night football. I’m not a fan of Friday night games but that’s a dam sight better than a Saturday night. It appears TV Executives rule the roost and fans are just an afterthought.

hibbysam
17-03-2018, 01:35 PM
I see Manchester United v Brighton is a 1945 KO tonight. Surely it’s time for fans to stand up to the TV companies like they are doing in Germany with regards to Monday night football. I’m not a fan of Friday night games but that’s a dam sight better than a Saturday night. It appears TV Executives rule the roost and fans are just an afterthought.

Is Saturday night really that bad? Probably on my own but I think any night game is far better than a lunchtime game, a day out with boys, coupons and pints, then off to watch the cabbage at night.

Also I don’t think England are in a position to complain when you look at the billions they rake in from the TV companies.

lucky
17-03-2018, 01:38 PM
Is Saturday night really that bad? Probably on my own but I think any night game is far better than a lunchtime game, a day out with boys, coupons and pints, then off to watch the cabbage at night.

Also I don’t think England are in a position to complain when you look at the billions they rake in from the TV companies.

Personally I’d chuck my ST if it was to become the norm. Lunchtime is a pain but Saturday night for me is wrong, I like a Saturday night out with my friends and family. Image the away support at County or Aberdeen

SirDavidsNapper
17-03-2018, 01:38 PM

I'd prefer a Saturday night game than Saturday afternoon.

danhibees1875
17-03-2018, 01:55 PM
I'd prefer a Saturday night game than Saturday afternoon.

Home game, yeah. I can see how it might be hassle for away fans travelling bigger distances though.

Generally though, I don't think Saturday night is that bad at all. I love Friday night games when we win (last week) and then leaves you to make other plans and enjoy the other scores coming in all weekend.