PDA

View Full Version : Is there a clique on here?

Pages : [1] 2

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2018, 12:26 PM
Or more to the point .... Is there a double standard where some posters criticism of the club or certain players will be tolerated only up until the point where they start to disagree on the matter with certain long established contributors to the site at which point they get punted by the admins?

This is not my experience personally ... but I have read more than once, the latest being this morning, on other social media sites complaints from folk saying that all they were doing was disagreeing about the merits of a particular player or managers performance and they have ended up being banned, in many cases according to them before any accusations of personal abuse could be levelled against them.

In practically every case the complainants cited their own low post counts and the fact that the cut off point came when they started disagreeing with long established posters as giving credence to their theory that there is a certain amount of cronyism on the site between the folk running it and some site members who if not admins themselves are known to the admins personally.

As a long standing poster but one who doesn't know anybody running Hibs.Net or any of the other long established site members I have no axe to grind with anybody, but I have to say that there does appear to be a certain disdain for Hibs.Net amongst a fair proportion of Hibs fans who feel that it is over sensitive in its approach, too quick to ban folk and very much a forum where who you know or who you are makes a big difference when it comes to how the admins treat you.

I don't have to be in MENSA to know how the admins are going to react to this thread, but I would be interested to see if folk with low to moderate post counts agree with the perception of it which seems to be prevalent elsewhere.

:tin hat:

lucky
17-03-2018, 12:29 PM
In my experience everyone is treated the same. But at times some posters go over the top and then get a warning and if they continue to be abusive or break the rules they get punted. .net is by far the most successful Hibs fan site on social media and therefore attracts some criticism from others.

wearethehibs
17-03-2018, 12:31 PM
Everyone on .net is a “yam”!
Fact

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 12:33 PM
Peg sellers versus the world.

jonty
17-03-2018, 12:34 PM
Or more to the point .... Is there a double standard where some posters criticism of the club or certain players will be tolerated only up until the point where they start to disagree on the matter with certain long established contributors to the site at which point they get punted by the admins?

This is not my experience personally ... but I have read more than once, the latest being this morning, on other social media sites complaints from folk saying that all they were doing was disagreeing about the merits of a particular player or managers performance and they have ended up being banned, in many cases according to them before any accusations of personal abuse could be levelled against them.

In practically every case the complainants cited their own low post counts and the fact that the cut off point came when they started disagreeing with long established posters as giving credence to their theory that there is a certain amount of cronyism on the site between the folk running it and some site members who if not admins themselves are known to the admins personally.

As a long standing poster but one who doesn't know anybody running Hibs.Net or any of the other long established site members I have no axe to grind with anybody, but I have to say that there does appear to be a certain disdain for Hibs.Net amongst a fair proportion of Hibs fans who feel that it is over sensitive in its approach, too quick to ban folk and very much a forum where who you know or who you are makes a big difference when it comes to how the admins treat you.

I don't have to be in MENSA to know how the admins are going to react to this thread, but I would be interested to see if folk with low to moderate post counts agree with the perception of it which seems to be prevalent elsewhere.

Why should you be surprised it'll run as a normal thread. IMO hibs.net is pretty well self policed. It wouldn't be the most popular online forum if it was doing something wrong. Bans are very rarely handed out. A huge percentage of them are for non-hibs fans.

FranckSuzy
17-03-2018, 12:35 PM
I would hazard a guess that of the posters who are "punted", there would have been warnings given beforehand and if not adhered to, then yes, they would be booted off.

Of course, school holidays, plastic owls and glass curtains bring out a certain type of poster who invariably will attract attention from those who are 1) less tolerant and/or 2) have a maroon-coloured radar :greengrin

fat freddy
17-03-2018, 12:38 PM
I think the site is moderated quite well, compared to a lot of other fans forums hibs.net is a bastion of decency and respectability.
I like the no swearing policy and I find most posters are from the more mature end of the support so mad ranting and raving is replaced with measured, reasoned debate.
Compare this with the mentalists on the Hearts and Rangers forums where abuse and hatespeak is the norm.
Never noticed anyone get banned to be honest, just the occasional Jambo who gets outed. Have I missed something?

beensaidbefore
17-03-2018, 12:39 PM

I would say overall, yes. I have said the same to the admins before. Certain posters are given more leeway to to be more abusive to other folk imo.

Carheenlea
17-03-2018, 12:40 PM
I’ve had the misfortune of visiting some FB football pages, including Hibs ones. Thank heavens for Hibs.net is all I’ll say.

HNA7
17-03-2018, 12:45 PM
Well the system must be broken as it's not showing any recent bans.

Rather than take their word for it why not challenge them and ask what their user name on here was. You won't get an answer :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2018, 12:48 PM
Why should you be surprised it'll run as a normal thread. IMO hibs.net is pretty well self policed. It wouldn't be the most popular online forum if it was doing something wrong. Bans are very rarely handed out. A huge percentage of them are for non-hibs fans.

I didn't mean I thought the thread would be closed or deleted ... all I meant was that the admins would utterly refute such accusations which is perfectly understandable.

Pretty Boy
17-03-2018, 12:48 PM
Personally speaking there are some posters I have more time for than others. As in the real world there are people I click with and those I don't. I've been a member on here for 14 years and an admin for, over 2 spells, about 5. There are definitely posters who's opinions I look out for more than others.

When it comes to applying the rules I try and be as even handed as possible. I think there are a couple of issues at play. First of all there are a few people who appear on here very much with the intention of trying to get banned so they can run off elsewhere and call us the Taliban or whatever else. Secondly, and whilst I haven't seen the latest blow up on social media I suspect it may be the case here, we get people who are banned then try to register again and again using different names. Some don't make it in at all, others slip through the net and are caught and banned again at a later date. They tend to get very frustrated and as with others vent their anger elsewhere. A simple email rather than trying to be smart probably gives a greater chance of getting back in. Finally I think .net is so big (members wise) now that it's harder to become an 'established poster' than it was 10 or 15 years ago so some new members are more and more confrontational or controversial to try and get noticed.

I'd end by saying we are often accused of being self important or whatever else but it isn't an easy balancing act keeping things family friendly whilst also making it fun for a more mature audience. The bizarre thing is many of those who accuse us of taking things too seriously seem to overestimate the influence or .net more than any admins do. I always say it but it's supposed to be a bit of fun at the end of the day.

Haymaker
17-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Yes, the Dot Net Super Elite Mega Clique Chatbox Mafia.

jonty
17-03-2018, 01:01 PM
I didn't mean I thought the thread would be closed or deleted ... all I meant was that the admins would utterly refute such accusations which is perfectly understandable.
I'm assuming they just make complaints about being banned on other forums, or social media?
Unless there is specifics to look at its difficult to say if they have a point or not. You've generally got to be a complete rocket to be banned.

Mr White
17-03-2018, 01:05 PM
As PB says above we try our best to be consistent and keep it accessible to as many hibs fans as possible. It's hard to get that balance right all of the time though.

In my experience most of the people slinging mud at the site and the admins would do better to have an honest look at their own approach to using social media rather than blaming us for allowing double standards and encouraging cliques.

Diclonius
17-03-2018, 01:07 PM
The thing a lot of people don't realise about message boards is they're nowhere near as unfiltered as social media: you can't just come on one, run your mouth off and expect nothing to happen. Coming on and saying "that player is pure *****" and getting pissed off when people respond with "eh, naw" means you're not going to last very long on here.

Message boards are for decent quality chat and if you're happy to take part in civilised debate and not engage in needless slagging/personal abuse then you'll fit right in. I don't know a single poster on here personally but I've never once even had a warning. A lot of (now banned) people presumably came on thinking this was Twitter etc where they could say whatever they want with no repercussions. They were more than likely warned and continued to do it anyway.

Bostonhibby
17-03-2018, 01:13 PM
The thing a lot of people don't realise about message boards is they're nowhere near as unfiltered as social media: you can't just come on one, run your mouth off and expect nothing to happen. Coming on and saying "that player is pure *****" and getting pissed off when people respond with "eh, naw" means you're not going to last very long on here.

Message boards are for decent quality chat and if you're happy to take part in civilised debate and not engage in needless slagging/personal abuse then you'll fit right in. I don't know a single poster on here personally but I've never once even had a warning. A lot of (now banned) people presumably came on thinking this was Twitter etc where they could say whatever they want with no repercussions. They were more than likely warned and continued to do it anyway.

:top marks

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 01:17 PM
As a new poster I don’t get that feeling at all. In fact one the occurrence I was over the top it was pointed out and simplified. It’s a football message board with a lot of emotions and points of view not everyone is going to get on and some will feel hard done by.

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Well the system must be broken as it's not showing any recent bans.

Rather than take their word for it why not challenge them and ask what their user name on here was. You won't get an answer :wink:

Interestingly one of the guys saying he was punted according to him had the user name 'Agnes Gordon' ... though that claim now seems to have disappeared from the Facebook discussion .... hope this doesn't make me a grass :greengrin

hibee_girl
17-03-2018, 01:20 PM
Like PB says there’s folk that you get on better with on here than with others just like in life.

But that’s why we have an admin team, so that discussions about banning/warning people are fair.

Carheenlea
Interestingly one of the guys saying he was punted according to him had the user name 'Agnes Gordon' ... though that claim now seems to have disappeared from the Facebook discussion .... hope this doesn't make me a grass :greengrin

Somebody called Agnes Gordon posted a thread right below this one about Paul Hanlon? Doesn’t look like anyone’s punted?

jonty

:greengrin
A quick search shows Agnes Gordon was posting last night and isn't banned
http://www.hibs.net/member.php?28235-Agnes-Gordon

snooky
17-03-2018, 01:21 PM
Seems to me, some posters get jumped on by a gang because they have an opinion that doesn't tow the line. Nae need.
I should add, that this has never happened to me (yet) :wink:

jonty
17-03-2018, 01:23 PM
Seems to me, some posters get jumped on by a gang because they have an opinion that doesn't tow the line. Nae need.
I should add, that this has never happened to me (yet) :wink:

The first rule of the party line is, we don't discuss the party line.

IMO Contrary to some beliefs, the only line on hibs.net is decency.

snooky
17-03-2018, 01:28 PM
The first rule of the party line is, we don't discuss the party line.

IMO Contrary to some beliefs, the only line on hibs.net is decency.

Sorry, but I refuse to discuss this. :cool2:

jonty
17-03-2018, 01:29 PM
[/B]

Sorry, but I refuse to discuss this. :cool2:

+1 golden member points.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-03-2018, 01:30 PM
We can be too self critical at times maybe. Posting after a defeat when we haven't played well is always dicey and posts late on at the weekends with spelling errors are almost outliers. Other posts which are clearly wind ups maybe need to be avoided so if you are going to quote maybe count to ten first. Think that. net is tolerant with a huge majority of posters being well intentioned. If you look at some of the The Rangers fan sites they look like recruiting drives for Combat 18 and the KKK and they possible need state funded surveillance rather than admins. So we don't do too badly.

NAE NOOKIE
Personally speaking there are some posters I have more time for than others. As in the real world there are people I click with and those I don't. I've been a member on here for 14 years and an admin for, over 2 spells, about 5. There are definitely posters who's opinions I look out for more than others.

When it comes to applying the rules I try and be as even handed as possible. I think there are a couple of issues at play. First of all there are a few people who appear on here very much with the intention of trying to get banned so they can run off elsewhere and call us the Taliban or whatever else. Secondly, and whilst I haven't seen the latest blow up on social media I suspect it may be the case here, we get people who are banned then try to register again and again using different names. Some don't make it in at all, others slip through the net and are caught and banned again at a later date. They tend to get very frustrated and as with others vent their anger elsewhere. A simple email rather than trying to be smart probably gives a greater chance of getting back in. Finally I think .net is so big (members wise) now that it's harder to become an 'established poster' than it was 10 or 15 years ago so some new members are more and more confrontational or controversial to try and get noticed.

I'd end by saying we are often accused of being self important or whatever else but it isn't an easy balancing act keeping things family friendly whilst also making it fun for a more mature audience. The bizarre thing is many of those who accuse us of taking things too seriously seem to overestimate the influence or .net more than any admins do. I always say it but it's supposed to be a bit of fun at the end of the day.

That's all very well PB .... but c'mon S****HORPE FC ....... its like North Korea on here :greengrin

pedroorange1875
Is there a clique on here?

I personally have not seen any beauty products on this forum, imo

Golden Bear
17-03-2018, 01:31 PM
So can I ask what's brought all this to a head?

matty_f
17-03-2018, 01:32 PM
We don't ban folk for nothing, and definitely not got disagreeing.
You only need to read threads and you'll see opposing views on virtually all of them.

When folk are incapable of disagreeing cordially, or are overly argumentative, cross into trolling territory, or get abusive, then they risk a ban.

Different opinions are evidently welcomed here, it's what keeps the place popular.

Sas_The_Hibby
17-03-2018, 01:33 PM
Good thread :agree:

snooky
17-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Good thread :agree:

:agree: Viva Hibsnet! :partyhibb

green day
17-03-2018, 01:40 PM
You only need to read threads and you'll see opposing views on virtually all of them.

When folk are incapable of disagreeing cordially, or are overly argumentative, cross into trolling territory, or get abusive, then they risk a ban.

Different opinions are evidently welcomed here, it's what keeps the place popular.
Aye ye do

green day
17-03-2018, 01:40 PM
Aye ye do

Naw ye dinnae

green day
17-03-2018, 01:41 PM
Naw ye dinnae

Aye ye do ya radge

green day
17-03-2018, 01:41 PM
Aye ye do ya radge

Naw ya bam....

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2018, 01:43 PM

Nothing really mate ..... just that not for the first time I noticed a thread on Facebook criticising this site and quite a few posters on the thread saying they 'had been banned for nothing' or for disagreeing with 'established posters' leading to a lot of chat on the thread some of which was openly hostile to the site accusing it of anything from cronyism to being a mouthpiece for the club.

For my part I think the whole thing is a load of *****, with a lot of the folk posting either not telling the truth as to why they were banned or even making up stories about being banned when they weren't. As has been mentioned, I also get the impression that a lot of the folk moaning on the Facebook page wont be happy until this place is like Kickback or worse Rangurs media :greengrin

Mikey
17-03-2018, 01:44 PM

It looks like someone who wasn't banned has been whining on facebook about how they've been banned.

Eaststandee
17-03-2018, 01:45 PM
I think people join - especially when coming from a social media fans group and expect people to care about their opinions, and then they get bum hurt when everyone disagrees/doesn't care.

A lot of the conversation about Hibs across Facebook and Twitter is pretty ill informed as well (IMO). If you make a vague comment about a player being pish on here it's obviously gonna be dissected by a forum of fans, rather then falling into the abyss of other irrelevant opinion on social media.

I say this all while having a low post count and not being part of a clique btw.

Sas_The_Hibby
17-03-2018, 01:45 PM
Naw ya bam....

G'oan yersel' big man :greengrin

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Nothing really mate ..... just that not for the first time I noticed a thread on Facebook criticising this site and quite a few posters on the thread saying they 'had been banned for nothing' or for disagreeing with 'established posters' leading to a lot of chat on the thread some of which was openly hostile to the site accusing it of anything from cronyism to being a mouthpiece for the club.

For my part I think the whole thing is a load of *****, with a lot of the folk posting either not telling the truth as to why they were banned or even making up stories about being banned when they weren't. As has been mentioned, I also get the impression that a lot of the folk moaning on the Facebook page wont be happy until this place is like Kickback or worse Rangurs media :greengrin

Wouldn’t that just the equivalent of another Hibs internet groupnslagging off another? Perhaps they are envious of the size of hibs.net?

Mcpakeisgod
17-03-2018, 01:50 PM
100% . But it’s the same wherever you go or whatever you do. It’s not isolated to this forum only

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Wouldn’t that just the equivalent of another Hibs internet groupnslagging off another? Perhaps they are envious of the size of hibs.net?

Careful mate ... next thing you know Kickback will be accusing us of being 'the wee forum' :greengrin

snooky
17-03-2018, 01:53 PM

Size doesn't matter - well, so they say. :coffee:

Bostonhibby
17-03-2018, 01:54 PM
It looks like someone who wasn't banned has been whining on facebook about how they've been banned.Look at me person who isn't getting the attention they require?[emoji6]

It's an injustice it is. The only thing to do is keep looking round until someone pays attention There'll be a site for it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Jay
17-03-2018, 01:56 PM

Seems to be a badge to wear, Ive been banned from hibs.net. who cares really? Not convinced it makes them look anything other than planks. Especially when its probably made up.
The admin team try not to ban people,its just extra work for us. We just want to read the boards like everybody else but some people dont give us much choice if we want to keep it a decent place to be. We never ban for opinions. Sometimes we ban for the way that opinion is said though, normally after at least one warning. I get that people are surprised when someone leaves but theres probably been some background info or communication/abuse. More often than not its obvious to everybody why someone's been punted
Is there a clique? Everybodys got pals but id like to think its pretty decent for most posters

jgl07
17-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Careful mate ... next thing you know Kickback will be accusing us of being 'the wee forum' :greengrin
No they just want to restore the ‘natural order’ amongst forums.

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 02:09 PM
I think the site is moderated quite well, compared to a lot of other fans forums hibs.net is a bastion of decency and respectability.
I like the no swearing policy and I find most posters are from the more mature end of the support so mad ranting and raving is replaced with measured, reasoned debate.
Compare this with the mentalists on the Hearts and Rangers forums where abuse and hatespeak is the norm.
Never noticed anyone get banned to be honest, just the occasional Jambo who gets outed. Have I missed something?

WTF, there's a no swearing policy? That'll be down to the admin pricks.

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 02:17 PM
Dear Sir

I've never been an Admin, I've never knowingly known an Admin. I've never been warned. I've never seen someone launched for anything other than what looked like one of Jamboid, deranged, offensive or Trolltastic behaviour - sometimes of course all four combined.

There is no clique, its membership fee definitely isn't £15 a season and there's certainly no mail@ address you can message to join it by contacting FattyM or Yontj or Bretty Poy first. In other news - Grassy Knolls, Luciferian clothing and False Flags for sale.

Yours etc

Peggy Peacock

silverhibee
17-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Yes, the Dot Net Super Elite Mega Clique Chatbox Mafia.

The Don agrees.

silverhibee
17-03-2018, 02:32 PM

Pish.

Deary me.

Admin pricks.

Swear I will do time.

LustForLeith
17-03-2018, 02:33 PM
I reckon it’s clique as on here

neil7908
17-03-2018, 02:55 PM
I don't know any of the admins or indeed any other posters in the real world but I think it seems a pretty well run place.

All you have to do is look at Sevco's fan site to see what happens when there are no standards or rules. Some of the stuff on their is disgraceful and I quite like knowing I have can come on here and generally see fairly good and even handed discussions on the club and other issues.

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 03:06 PM
+1 golden member points.

Reported

Haymaker
17-03-2018, 03:08 PM
Reported

Nae need.

ekhibee
17-03-2018, 03:09 PM
The forum is just for expressing views really, and there'll be plenty that people don't agree with others for one reason or another, IMO that's healthy. The role of Admin, IMO seems a bit ambiguous. It should be totally irrelevant who's posts they look out for or who they like and respect, they should treat everybody the same way at all times, and if they don't they shouldn't be admins in the first place. Contrary to a few people on here, I don't agree it's like real life- there will be probably quite a few times when they might agree with a certain point of view but can't necessarily support it on the forum in terms of impartiality. On saying that it's easy for me to say that, I'm not an admin, and no doubt at times it can be a thankless job. I also think that when you compare it with the likes of Keekback, it's head and shoulders above.

On the subject of cliques, I despise them in real life and on any kind of forum, but I'm not sure that there's really cliques on hibs.net. There do seem to be a lot of people who just seem to agree with certain posters point blank, in almost every opinion they express, but that's not really a clique.

Is It On....
17-03-2018, 03:10 PM
I don't know any of the admins or indeed any other posters in the real world but I think it seems a pretty well run place.

All you have to do is look at Sevco's fan site to see what happens when there are no standards or rules. Some of the stuff on their is disgraceful and I quite like knowing I have can come on here and generally see fairly good and even handed discussions on the club and other issues.

The Bears Den look down on Follow Follow for being "a bit" OTT 😂 but some of the stuff posted by their "Moderators" is shocking. Must be a thankless task being admin so thanks to those that do it for .net 😎

Bishop Hibee
17-03-2018, 03:11 PM
I’ve had the misfortune of visiting some FB football pages, including Hibs ones. Thank heavens for Hibs.net is all I’ll say.

100%. Comments on this site can seem ott at times but it’s pretty tame in the main.

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 03:27 PM
Nae need.

:bitchy:

HFCdeb
17-03-2018, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=Eaststandee;5346634]I think people join - especially when coming from a social media fans group and expect people to care about their opinions, and then they get bum hurt when everyone disagrees/doesn't care.

A lot of the conversation about Hibs across Facebook and Twitter is pretty ill informed as well (IMO). If you make a vague comment about a player being pish on here it's obviously gonna be dissected by a forum of fans, rather then falling into the abyss of other irrelevant opinion on social media.

This is the salient point, in my opinion.

Nameless
17-03-2018, 03:34 PM
This place is about 50/50 with ass-holes and semi decent folk.

If you're not sure which category you fall into, you are clearly an ass-hole.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 03:41 PM

What about if you're not sure which category someone else falls into?

Nameless
17-03-2018, 03:49 PM
What about if you're not sure which category someone else falls into?They are also clearly an ass-hole.... You might notice a pattern here....

MyJo
17-03-2018, 03:50 PM
There’s no clique, just a lot of long standing, well respected posters who most people are familiar with once they have spent enough time positing on here.

The ones that will be moaning about there being a clique are the ones that have gone out of their way to be controversial or post utter drivel trying to troll people and it’s the well-kent faces who end up disagreeing with them and calling them out on their behaviour.

Arch Stanton
17-03-2018, 04:00 PM
The situation I've noticed is when someone with a low post count comes in and posts a load of pish. When someone tries to explain exactly why the post is a load of pish he will try and win the argument by repeating the same pish over and over.

Of course then you get other posters, often with a higher post count, who try to bring logic to bear to explain the nature of the said pish but fail miserably in the face of more and more pish repetitions. And then tempers fray and it all get heated and low and behold the first pish poster "leaves by mutual consent" - whod'a thought?

Edit: Kinda like what MyJo says actually

Deansy
17-03-2018, 04:12 PM

Could you post a link to the FB-page or it's title - wouldn't mind a look just out of pure nosiness !!

Babyshamble
17-03-2018, 04:16 PM
Good forum this.been on here a year or two.came off hibspaige to devote my time to this.some roasters on that site on the other hand...

Eaststandee
17-03-2018, 04:22 PM
Could you post a link to the FB-page or it's title - wouldn't mind a look just out of pure nosiness !!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/442071502471897/permalink/1821268747885492/

snooky
17-03-2018, 04:25 PM

Does this mean I'm slap dab in the middle as the 50/50 are surely the two cheeks of the same proverbial? :wink:

Hibs90
17-03-2018, 04:38 PM

yam fuds:greengrin

Nameless
17-03-2018, 04:43 PM
Does this mean I'm slap dab in the middle as the 50/50 are surely the two cheeks of the same proverbial? :wink:You're right!! There needs to be 3 categories;
Not Bad (left cheek)
Semi Decent (right cheek)
Admin (the bit in between)

jonty
17-03-2018, 04:44 PM
You're right!! There needs to be 3 categories;
Not Bad (left cheek)
Semi Decent (right cheek)
Admin (the bit in between)

that explains the admin prick comments.

pacoluna
17-03-2018, 04:50 PM
There’s no clique, just a lot of long standing, well respected posters who most people are familiar with once they have spent enough time positing on here.

The ones that will be moaning about their being a clique are the ones that have gone out of their way to be controversial or post utter drivel trying to troll people and it’s the well-kent faces who end up disagreeing with them and calling them out on their behaviour.
Wouldn't know about whether their opinions are respected or not due to the fact they are longstanding members, certainly however their is a group of "long serving" members who are recognised because they have chats between themselves in just about every thread.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-03-2018, 04:52 PM
I've had a few infractions and gentle warnings in my time. But then I am a complete dick.

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 04:54 PM
that explains the admin prick comments.

Those comments needed no explanation :na na:

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 04:57 PM
I've had a few infractions and gentle warnings in my time. But then I am a complete dick.

And what about on .net?

Pedantic_Hibee
17-03-2018, 04:58 PM
And what about on .net?

Reported.

WoreTheGreen
17-03-2018, 05:03 PM

Un circumcised? Then

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Reported.

Nae need.

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2018, 05:31 PM
I have never noticed one myself.

jacomo
17-03-2018, 05:35 PM
IMO some people need a bit more self-awareness.

If you post a controversial or critical opinion don’t be surprised if you are challenged and don’t take it personally.

There have been times where I have overstepped the mark and been rightly reprimanded.

Hibs.net can be a bit of a bear pit at times but overall it’s great.

Be nice to the admin pricks and you’ll be right. :wink:

Swedish hibee
17-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Yes. I see things differently very frequently and I get the exact same posters replying to my comments with nasty content. But I just don't rise to them- water, ducks back and all that. The absolute worst on here though is over on the political chat board.. .

Pedantic_Hibee
17-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Nae need.

Are you and ODS in a clique? This is beginning to unravel 🕵️

Deansy
17-03-2018, 05:50 PM

Cheers - there are some pretty hacked-off souls there who I think have a problem with rejection !.

matty_f
17-03-2018, 05:54 PM
IMO some people need a bit more self-awareness.

If you post a controversial or critical opinion don’t be surprised if you are challenged and don’t take it personally.

There have been times where I have overstepped the mark and been rightly reprimanded.

Hibs.net can be a bit of a bear pit at times but overall it’s great.

Be nice to the admin pricks and you’ll be right. :wink:

I think that's a very good point.

A lot of people are very keen on their right to post what they want but don't half get the hump when folk disagree. Same if someone posts something that is against the general consensus, rather than accepting that they hold a minority view they quite often spit the dummy about it and threads descend into nonsense.

As for the mouthpiece for the club nonsense, I don't know how a website that hosts fans' views (that's all this place is) can be a mouthpiece. We don't pick what gets talked about, so long as threads are within the rules etc.

Pete
17-03-2018, 06:05 PM
Cheers - there are some pretty hacked-off souls there who I think have a problem with rejection !.

Me for one.

I’m not part of their clique so I can’t see.

:-(

Haymaker
17-03-2018, 06:29 PM
:hyper

Anti-hoofbaw
17-03-2018, 06:38 PM
That never even lasted 10 seconds :hilarious

theonlywayisup
17-03-2018, 06:40 PM
I think the Admins are doing a great job.

As I was driving home yesterday, I was thinking of the recent Kickback posts following the Derby. It seemed to be common for them to call us the "vermin".

I'm pretty sure if we started calling them such names, our Admins and others would be quick to call our such bad behaviour. :greengrin

I personally don't want to read people calling other human beings vermin just because they support a different football club.

Mon the Admins:flag:

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 06:40 PM
That never even lasted 10 seconds :hilarious

Long enough to put me off my king kebab this evening cheers.

One Day
17-03-2018, 06:41 PM
You only have to look at he hatred and bile that is allowed on kickback and follow follow to appreciate how badly run they are.

pacoluna
17-03-2018, 06:50 PM

If that link works for you, you are part of that group 😂😂😂

Clerie Green
17-03-2018, 06:51 PM
I couldn’t give a flying Donald Duck about this snowflake generation Lilian Gish .
I have followed and spent more cash watching the first team in Green , than many of you have earned as wages. Fact .
Admittedly this does include sons and grandsons .
I have been driven to despair by some of the lily livered crap that has been spouted on here ,
but thankfully although getting older and dafter can still profess my point of view .
If you can’t stand the heat GIRFUY
GGTTH
Turnbulls Tornadoes
Mature Hibees deserve more
Happy St Patrick’s Day to you all . God Bless You one and all .

Baldy Foghorn
17-03-2018, 06:51 PM
You only have to look at he hatred and bile that is allowed on kickback and follow follow to appreciate how badly run they are.

And appreciate that their followers are a special breed indeed

SideBurns
17-03-2018, 06:52 PM
There is obviously a clique. I posted a perfectly reasonable alternative song for Kamberi on the thread named after our Swiss striker, and other posters deliberately posted spurious responses on other threads in order that my own post received minimum exposure. The same might happen to this post, but if it doesn't it'll be a double bluff.

Clerie Green
17-03-2018, 06:52 PM
I think the Admins are doing a great job.

As I was driving home yesterday, I was thinking of the recent Kickback posts following the Derby. It seemed to be common for them to call us the "vermin".

I'm pretty sure if we started calling them such names, our Admins and others would be quick to call our such bad behaviour. :greengrin

I personally don't want to read people calling other human beings vermin just because they support a different football club.

Mon the Admins:flag:
Never in a million years !

Anti-hoofbaw
17-03-2018, 06:54 PM
Long enough to put me off my king kebab this evening cheers.

:hilarious

lord bunberry
17-03-2018, 06:54 PM
I couldn’t give a flying Donald Duck about this snowflake generation Lilian Gish .
I have followed and spent more cash watching the first team in Green , than many of you have earned as wages. Fact .
I have been driven to despair by some of the lily livered crap that has been spouted on here ,
but thankfully although getting older and dafter can still profess my point of view .
GGTTH
Turnbulls Tornadoes
Beautiful.

Clerie Green
17-03-2018, 06:57 PM
Beautiful.

cheers mate !

SideBurns
17-03-2018, 06:57 PM
See? It's happening already.

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2018, 06:58 PM
Beautiful.

cheers mate !

Someone's clicked.

Golden Bear
17-03-2018, 06:59 PM
GGTTH
Turnbulls Tornadoes

Well said!

😁

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2018, 06:59 PM
See? It's happening already.

Type in capitals. That'll get you noticed. :cb

WoreTheGreen
17-03-2018, 07:01 PM
Someone's clicked.

As Malcolm Tucker said get the lube and the Barry White cd on

SideBurns
17-03-2018, 07:03 PM
type in capitals. That'll get you noticed. :cb

and if that disnae work? My confidence is already seriously eroded, though my paranoia is at an all time high!

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2018, 07:03 PM
As Malcolm Tucker said get the lube and the Barry White cd on

Confused :confused:

Lilian Gish
Donald Duck

Barry White

Malcolm Tucker

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2018, 07:04 PM
and if that disnae work? My confidence is already seriously eroded, though my paranoia is at an all time high!

You'll get a ban.

And then everyone will be talking about you on here, and you can shout about us all you like on Facebook. :greengrin

WoreTheGreen
17-03-2018, 07:05 PM
Only if 4 4 2

Clerie Green
17-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Confused :confused:

Lilian Gish
Donald Duck

Barry White

Malcolm Tucker

Pish
****er lol

SideBurns
17-03-2018, 07:15 PM
You'll get a ban.

And then everyone will be talking about you on here, and you can shout about us all you like on Facebook. :greengrin

Ah'll tell ye CWG, I have to read every page of Le Carre's George Smiley trilogy at least twice before I work out who the baddie is. But that literary behemoth has nowt on Hibs.net when things start getting deep and twisty turny...

Clerie Green
17-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Ah'll tell ye CWG, I have to read every page of Le Carre's George Smiley trilogy at least twice before I work out who the baddie is. But that literary behemoth has nowt on Hibs.net when things start getting deep and twisty turny...

Does that make it a Sexology ?

ronaldo7
17-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Having been an resident to the site for a number of years, and found the place helpful in so many areas, (including personal stuff), I'd rather that the, Admins, not on-board in discussions of an evening, didn't bother to mention what they've seen the following morning.

Especially stuff which was sent personally to another admin.

Other than that, it's a great site.

GGTTH.

SideBurns
17-03-2018, 07:30 PM
Does that make it a Sexology ?

You gadgies fae Clerie (or should it be Clery? A matter of some debate over the years) are always ahead of ra gemme...

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2018, 07:33 PM
Pish
****er lol

Whoosh :greengrin

I was feigning confusion over whether or not to read this thread in rhyming-slang mode. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2018, 07:36 PM
You gadgies fae Clerie (or should it be Clery? A matter of some debate over the years) are always ahead of ra gemme...

Clerrie :agree::agree::agree:

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2018, 07:37 PM

I think things may be getting that way in the new clique of Clerie and the good Lord B.

Clerie Green
17-03-2018, 07:37 PM

Depends on wether your from left or right side of the Drum Brae Drive .

Either way lots of established families from the Leith slum clearances and all Mental Hibees !

GGTTH

ps The posh side is Clerie , the dark side is Clery . Lol :thumbsup:

Hibrandenburg
17-03-2018, 07:48 PM
I take it there's various different groups on here that know each other in the real world too, so it's perfectly acceptable that they pay more attention to their own clique than others. Most of the people on here who I've met in real life, I haven't seen in about 40 years so that's not what Hibs net is for me, for me it's about trying to keep up with Hibs from afar and joining in interesting debates not just about football. Sure I've had some of the cliques round up on me (most recently the Hibernian Glasgow Celtic appreciation society) but that's half the fun. The admins do a great job and keep their sheriff's badges more or less holstered unless it's all kicking off at the OK Corral.

SideBurns
17-03-2018, 07:48 PM
I think things may be getting that way in the new clique of Clerie and the good Lord B.

Without wishing to speculate as to how deep, twisty etc things might get - isn't it nice to see friendships develop across class borders?

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2018, 07:50 PM
Without wishing to speculate as to how deep, twisty etc things might get - isn't it nice to see friendships develop across class borders?

It warms my socialist cockles.

silverhibee
17-03-2018, 07:51 PM
Clerrie :agree::agree::agree:

Derry

pacorosssco
17-03-2018, 07:55 PM

Top post. Clique you bet. Spelling who cares.

17-03-2018, 08:03 PM
Just looked at the first few posts and for me a definite clique although I would say it’s like all fitty forums if u don’t post on a regular basis. Been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and was chucked out Hibs Net and have had returned. Probably get wellied again after this.

jabis
17-03-2018, 08:18 PM
I like turtles.

What was the question?

Wembley67
17-03-2018, 08:18 PM
Only a few folks posts I read and generally digest.

1. Jonnyboy...big respect for his postings and knowledge

2. Cat...has some decent chat but sometimes can be a cant 😀

3. Hibbradge...talks utter baws the majority of the time and should have a keyboard ban for his amount of postings but it's like a weird voyeuristic thing for me

4. Prettyboy...well thought out interesting and knowledgeable chat

5. Skyler...educated

But aye massive clique 😀

TheReg!
17-03-2018, 08:25 PM
Small clique on the Holly Ground that ultimately put other posters off from posting due to their virtue signaling

Wembley67
17-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Small clique on the Holly Ground that ultimately put other posters off from posting due to their virtue signaling

They are generally ****stains, wouldn't let it put you off

McD
17-03-2018, 08:45 PM
I’ve been a member and a PM on here for a number of years, and a reader/lurker going back to the rivals.net days.

There are a number of posters who have been here longer than me and/or have a much higher and prolific post count than I do. Many of these are people whom I take an interest in their opinions and thoughts, even if I disagree with them. I’d also add that many of those opinions (across a great many topics) have caused me to pause and consider my own opinion, based on something they’ve said which I hadn’t thought of.

Many of those long term posters know each other, and many share similar opinions. There’s nothing wrong with that. If you walked into a pub that has long term regulars who discuss fitba, and join the conversation, you’re likely to find a differing opinion may draw responses of disagreement. There’s nothing wrong with that either, and like most civilised places and people, individuals will accept that others will disagree, and will listen their reasoning and share their own resasoning for their own point of view.

I’ve never had a warning on here, and would actually be annoyed at myself if I’d overstepped and put any admin in a position of having to address it. Ive never witnessed anything that I would characterise as a clique, simply people who spend a chunk of their time on here (as we all do), and enjoy chatting and discussing a broad variety of things with others.

Anyone banned has in all probability deserved it, being abusive or trolling is asking to be warned or worse imo. If you aren’t capable of being civil and respectful then you can’t take offence when the majority don’t want you to be a part of the group. No one puts up with ********s in their lives, why should anyone expect it to be different on here?

Admins, you do a great job of a thankless task, keep up the good work :top marks

Thecat23
17-03-2018, 08:58 PM

3. Hibbradge...talks utter baws the majority of the time and should have a keyboard ban for his amount of postings but it's like a weird voyeuristic thing for me

5. Skyler...educated

But aye massive clique 😀

Hard to argue with this 😁👍🏼

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 09:17 PM

5. Skyler...educated

But aye massive clique 😀

Never noticed you before Wembers but cool clique none the less.

Clerie Green
17-03-2018, 09:21 PM
Derry

Jungle #1 🤘

jacomo
17-03-2018, 09:46 PM
GGTTH
Turnbulls Tornadoes

‘Mature’ Hibbys are the worst. Always banging on about Tornadoes. Nothing that has or will happen since will ever be good enough for them.

:wink:

CallumLaidlaw
17-03-2018, 09:51 PM
I’ve posted on here for about 15 years. Although I post “fairly” regularly, I don’t have the same presence as some. I don’t think there’s any clique. Yes, some folk know each other from years of posting turning into meeting, but I’d say that’s all it is. I’ve been lucky enough to get to know a fair number of posters on here over the years. After growing up in England, then moving back to Scotland in 2004, I didn’t know any hibbys except for family so this place helped me interact with fellow Hibs fans. There’s plenty folk out there desperate to have a go at this site - I just don’t understand it. When you look at the money that’s been donated from this site over the years to support the clubs youth development, it’s crazy to see one person describe this site as a “waste of bandwidth”. We’re all hibbies, and yes, we’re not all gonna like each other, that’s just the way of the world, you’d like to think we could at least respect each other.

Monylt was another apparent username that said they’d been banned for nothing but I’ve had a wee search and can’t find them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cleanyman
17-03-2018, 09:52 PM
Just watched Filth

Fitting

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 09:56 PM

ltyf

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 10:08 PM

5. Skyler...educated

But aye massive clique 😀

Reported.

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 10:09 PM
Reported.

You write reports too?

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 10:10 PM
Reported.

Deary me

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 10:12 PM
I’ve posted on here for about 15 years. Although I post “fairly” regularly, I don’t have the same presence as some. I don’t think there’s any clique. Yes, some folk know each other from years of posting turning into meeting, but I’d say that’s all it is. I’ve been lucky enough to get to know a fair number of posters on here over the years. After growing up in England, then moving back to Scotland in 2004, I didn’t know any hibbys except for family so this place helped me interact with fellow Hibs fans. There’s plenty folk out there desperate to have a go at this site - I just don’t understand it. When you look at the money that’s been donated from this site over the years to support the clubs youth development, it’s crazy to see one person describe this site as a “waste of bandwidth”. We’re all hibbies, and yes, we’re not all gonna like each other, that’s just the way of the world, you’d like to think we could at least respect each other.

Monylt was another apparent username that said they’d been banned for nothing but I’ve had a wee search and can’t find them at all.

I 💚 paragraphs.

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 10:13 PM
You write reports too?

Too?

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 10:14 PM

The Holy Ground can be...'robust'. If you're going to discuss politics though you should expect to both give and get it tight, that's the nature of almost every political debate I've ever been party to in virtual and real life.

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 10:14 PM
Too?

Twit

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 10:16 PM
The Holy Ground can be...'robust'. If you're going to discuss politics though you should expect to both give and get it tight, that's the nature of almost every political debate I've ever been party to in virtual and real life.

Splitter.

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 10:18 PM
Depends on wether your from left or right side of the Drum Brae Drive .

Either way lots of established families from the Leith slum clearances and all Mental Hibees !

GGTTH

ps The posh side is Clerie , the dark side is Clery . Lol :thumbsup:

The Piper Kid, from Clermiston. Met him about 35 years ago. Anyone know him?

The Green Goblin
17-03-2018, 10:25 PM
cliquebait thread title...

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 10:26 PM
Reported.

He's right though. Weird. Voyeuristic.

Surely we all have favoured posters we enjoy reading or think similarly to?

I'm a fan of Pedantic and Non Shiny Finish among others. I respond well to irreverence and stupidity. Draw your own conclusions.

But that's not being in a clique surely?

Pedantic_Hibee
17-03-2018, 10:35 PM
Deary me

Surely it's dearie me? Or is it actually deary me?

Yours,

Confused and not in a clique

One Day
17-03-2018, 10:36 PM
yes there is

SideBurns
17-03-2018, 10:38 PM
Surely it's dearie me? Or is it actually deary me?

Yours,

Confused and not in a clique

Clery, Clerie or Clerrie then? These things are important.

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Too?

As being all of the description on Wembley67s contribution. I’m just trying to gather facts, that’s all.

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Clery, Clerie or Clerrie then? These things are important.You again?

Take a ****ing hint.

[emoji8]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

SideBurns
17-03-2018, 10:45 PM
You again?

Take a ****ing hint.

[emoji8]

Sorry - it's that VAR making Match of the Day last longer than usual. I need to fill the time while the boy rewinds his video tape tae see if it wis a shy or no.

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2018, 10:46 PM
Sorry - it's that VAR making Match of the Day last longer than usual. I need to fill the time while the boy rewinds his video tape tae see if it wis a shy or no.Can he rewind it and erase those ****ing daschunds at Bournemouth?

SideBurns
17-03-2018, 10:52 PM
Can he rewind it and erase those ****ing daschunds at Bournemouth?

I'll ask him. Maybe they could be sent up to Ibrox where the Currant Buns would ken what to do with them (bite them, as per urban legend of Barcelona pitch invasion '72).

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 10:57 PM
cliquebait thread title...

Clique? You want the truth?

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a message board that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by admin pricks. Who's gonna do it? You? Cropley? Pretty Boy has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Nae Nookie and you curse the Beefster. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what he knows, that Hibbyradge's postings, while tragic, probably saved lives. And an admin prick's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at away games, you want admin pricks on that wall. You need admin pricks on that wall. We use words like "Yam", "reported", "LTYF". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a long series of posts on the Calendar Signing thread. I have neither the competence nor the grammatical capacity to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that admin pricks provide, and then questions the manner in which they provide it! I would rather you just said "deary me", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard, and stand a post. Either way, I don't have a clue what TDD is all about!

You ask did the clique order the mutal consenting of hibs0666?

You're goddamn right they did.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2018, 11:00 PM
^^^^^^
Quality! :-)

Mibbes Aye
17-03-2018, 11:05 PM

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a message board that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by admin pricks. Who's gonna do it? You? Cropley? Pretty Boy has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Nae Nookie and you curse the Beefster. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what he knows, that Hibbyradge's postings, while tragic, probably saved lives. And an admin prick's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at away games, you want admin pricks on that wall. You need admin pricks on that wall. We use words like "Yam", "reported", "LTYF". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a long series of posts on the Calendar Signing thread. I have neither the competence nor the grammatical capacity to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that admin pricks provide, and then questions the manner in which they provide it! I would rather you just said "deary me", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard, and stand a post. Either way, I don't have a clue what TDD is all about!

Very good ODS :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
17-03-2018, 11:09 PM

A few good men. Do I win a KitKat?

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 11:20 PM

Bonus point to Hibrandenburg. You lead the field. On the other hand no one else is trying.

You make me want to be a better poster.

Forza Fred
17-03-2018, 11:35 PM
I think there are some posters who think because they have been members for a long, long time that THEIR opinion, somehow counts for more than others.

Not that I would know of course, but if you disagree with that you must be spouting ish😂

Mibbes Aye
17-03-2018, 11:36 PM
Bonus point to Hibrandenburg. You lead the field. On the other hand no one else is trying.

You make me want to be a better poster.

We all knew it, just didn't feel the need to point it out.

I'm hoping this is a start of a long-running series.

If we're keeping it on a war theme, I'd like you to recast Richard Burton's fireplace scene in 'Where Eagles Dare'.

If you're going more general, how about a .net take on 'Mr Smith Goes to Washington' :greengrin

majorhibs
17-03-2018, 11:40 PM
ha ha

Mibbes Aye
17-03-2018, 11:46 PM

If we're keeping it on a war theme, I'd like you to recast Richard Burton's fireplace scene in 'Where Eagles Dare'.

If you're going more general, how about a .net take on 'Mr Smith Goes to Washington' :greengrin

Or 'Network' ODS! Do 'Network'! You know you want to and it would be great :greengrin

Glory Lurker
17-03-2018, 11:49 PM
I don’t get the last few posts. Does that suggest............a clique????:shocked:

Scott Allan Key
17-03-2018, 11:54 PM

True story, once did Care work in Glasgow and went with my client to see this film in busy Odeon in central Weedge. He inexplicably started to have a ham shank during the film and I had to sternly persuade him not to. Always remember that line from film for different reason.

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 11:55 PM

It's been running a wee while, Hibrandenburg was just first to notice. I'll be giving points. And what do points make? Well, in this case not prizes.

The fireplace scene is a bit special and not a spell to be lightly cast. You only have to think about one clique. One clique is what its all about.

One Day Soon
18-03-2018, 12:04 AM
True story, once did Care work in Glasgow and went with my client to see this film in busy Odeon in central Weedge. He inexplicably started to have a ham shank during the film and I had to sternly persuade him not to. Always remember that line from film for different reason.

'sternly persuade him not to'. I ****ing love .net.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 12:34 AM

Get a life, FFS.

Mibbes Aye
18-03-2018, 12:50 AM
Get a life, FFS.

Reported.

Pete
18-03-2018, 12:56 AM
If Blairites start taking over this thread too I swear I’ll do time.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 01:17 AM
I think in the past there was a clique and maybe there still is. There is still, imo posters who get more leniency shown to them than others. I've had warnings for things like bypassing the swear filter, for which others don't seem to get pulled for.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2018, 07:53 AM

I'm amazed someone was able to suss that one out! ;-)

Jay
18-03-2018, 08:40 AM
I think in the past there was a clique and maybe there still is. There is still, imo posters who get more leniency shown to them than others. I've had warnings for things like bypassing the swear filter, for which others don't seem to get pulled for.

:aok:

Keith_M
18-03-2018, 08:41 AM
I thought we now define ourselves as Freedom loving ScotNats with open, Euro-Friendly principles... or as no-nonsense, salt-of-the-earth Unionists with our feet firmly on the ground.

Anyway, my general view has always been that any club that would allow the likes of me to be a member is not one that I would lower myself to ever join..

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2018, 09:13 AM

You get warnings for moaning like a lassie:greengrin

The Green Goblin
18-03-2018, 09:20 AM

:faf::faf::faf: Fantastic. Love it! :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 09:23 AM

I think you know what I mean. We've talked about it before.

lucky
18-03-2018, 09:28 AM

I feel I must report you for being sexist. It’s not the language I’d expect from a Hibs convenor. 😂

The Green Goblin
18-03-2018, 09:28 AM
We all knew it, just didn't feel the need to point it out. :agree:

Technically there are two fireplace scene stories: the one before the Gestapo agent comes in and the one after....that’s a lot of work, even for one as dedicated as ODS.

I suggest a rewrite of the climactic scene of Murder on the Orient Express. Any version would do, but the 2010 David Suchet version was a cut above all the others imo.

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2018, 09:33 AM
I feel I must report you for being sexist. It’s not the language I’d expect from a Hibs convenor. 😂

I apologise, but it's only Rooney :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2018, 09:34 AM
I've had warnings for things like bypassing the swear filter, for which others don't seem to get pulled for.

How would you know?

I never knew you’d had warnings!

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 09:38 AM
How would you know?

I never knew you’d had warnings!

Because the original post were not edited like mine.

I've even got a reminder of my infractions underneath my post count :greengrin

jacomo
18-03-2018, 09:41 AM

So, so good.

:faf:

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2018, 09:44 AM

10,000? You are walking the line gadgie

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 09:47 AM
10,000? You are walking the line gadgie

The itchy space bar fingers are just waiting for me to step out of line so I can be Scotland Yard! :greengrin

hibsbollah
18-03-2018, 09:47 AM

There's mounting evidence that you model yourself on the Nicholson character. Jacks, not Sams.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 09:49 AM
So, have we come to a conclusion, yet?

matty_f
18-03-2018, 09:53 AM
So, have we come to a conclusion, yet?

Some of us have - those that know, know.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 10:25 AM

Aye, aye.

Clique folk ken.

MyJo
18-03-2018, 10:32 AM

Nudge nudge wink wink

Ozyhibby
18-03-2018, 10:37 AM
I got banned and also called a yam and had my username turned pink for criticising Petrie so I would advise caution if going down that route.
Apart from that the board is run fairly well.

Bostonhibby
18-03-2018, 10:40 AM
So, have we come to a conclusion, yet?Enjoyed reading this thread. I'm more convinced than ever that there's not a clique so I'm thinking we should set one up. How do we do it and where should the headquarters be?

Eyrie
18-03-2018, 11:05 AM
I thought we now define ourselves as Freedom loving ScotNats with open, Euro-Friendly principles... or as no-nonsense, salt-of-the-earth Unionists with our feet firmly on the ground.

Anyway, my general view has always been that any club that would allow the likes of me to be a member is not one that I would lower myself to ever join..
Does that make you a Grouchy Marxist?

Enjoyed reading this thread. I'm more convinced than ever that there's not a clique so I'm thinking we should set one up. How do we do it and where should the headquarters be?

If you were in the clique, then you'd already know the answers.

Me? I'm completely clueless about it.

One Day Soon
18-03-2018, 11:08 AM

There's mounting evidence that you model yourself on the Nicholson character. Jacks, not Sams.

I know, right?

Some of us have great posts, entertaining posts that take place on .net, with quotes, and apostrophes, and Yam references. Just no one in this thread. But, a lot of posters, that's their thing; good banter, Yam references. What makes it so enjoyable is not that there's a clique, but that so many posters are pi55ed that so many others may be in that clique.

Green_one
18-03-2018, 12:15 PM

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a message board that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by admin pricks. Who's gonna do it? You? Cropley? Pretty Boy has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Nae Nookie and you curse the Beefster. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what he knows, that Hibbyradge's postings, while tragic, probably saved lives. And an admin prick's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at away games, you want admin pricks on that wall. You need admin pricks on that wall. We use words like "Yam", "reported", "LTYF". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a long series of posts on the Calendar Signing thread. I have neither the competence nor the grammatical capacity to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that admin pricks provide, and then questions the manner in which they provide it! I would rather you just said "deary me", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard, and stand a post. Either way, I don't have a clue what TDD is all.

Brilliant laughed out loud. Especially the bit about Hibbyradge ( apologies HR). Though as the member of a very exclusive clique of one I can afford to laugh. PS - you are ALL barred. :na na:

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Brilliant laughed out loud. Especially the bit about Hibbyradge ( apologies HR). Though as the member of a very exclusive clique of one I can afford to laugh. PS - you are ALL barred. :na na:

You're on the list...

One Day Soon
18-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Get a life, FFS.

Nae need.

Hibrandenburg
18-03-2018, 12:23 PM

Awe just F@#☆off will ya!

Hibrandenburg
18-03-2018, 12:33 PM
There are known cliques. These are cliques where we know they are cliques. There are known unknown cliques. That is to say, there are cliques that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown cliques. There are also cliques we don't know of that we don't know. Simple really.

Hibrandenburg
18-03-2018, 12:36 PM

He was bleating on about the lack of recognition for his artistry on the match day thread, so I thought I'd humour him. Do I now get points deducted :confused:

Mibbes Aye
18-03-2018, 01:01 PM
I got banned and also called a yam and had my username turned pink for criticising Petrie so I would advise caution if going down that route.

In fairness C, I thought you were a Yammish troll until I realised it was you :greengrin

It’s amazing how differently you interpret posts when you know the poster is a lifelong fan.

You should lay off Petrie though :agree:

Mibbes Aye
18-03-2018, 01:07 PM
He was bleating on about the lack of recognition for his artistry on the match day thread, so I thought I'd humour him. Do I now get points deducted :confused:

Best to keep humouring him. He has the temperament of a prima donna and will have a massive hissy fit if he feels we are patronising him. Best not to let him see this :agree:

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Nae need.

ODS, ODS. What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, then those posters who mocked your grammar and spelling would be suffering this very day. And if by chance a barely literate man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you.

pacoluna
18-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Wouldn't know about whether their opinions are respected or not due to the fact they are longstanding members, certainly however their is a group of "long serving" members who are recognised because they have chats between themselves in just about every thread.

This thread included.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 01:21 PM
This thread included.

I'm not sure if that's a criticism, but there's nothing stopping people from chatting to whomever they choose.

It's just conversation, usually rubbish right enough, but it's not a clique.

pacoluna
18-03-2018, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure if that's a criticism, but there's nothing stopping people from chatting to whomever they choose.

I just think personally it's easier for certain poster's to engage in conversation on this forum than what it is for others.

Dan Sarf
18-03-2018, 01:23 PM

Whom? Meem? :greengrin

One Day Soon
18-03-2018, 01:26 PM
ODS, ODS. What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, then those posters who mocked your grammar and spelling would be suffering this very day. And if by chance a barely literate man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you.

I don't like infractions, Hibbyradge. I'm a poster. Left by mutual consent is a big expense.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Whom? Meem? :greengrin

Bugger. I need to check it out now. :hilarious

Isn't whomever correct in that sentence?

PS I don't know what meem means.

HNA7
18-03-2018, 01:41 PM

Funny that eh.

Given your persistant criticsim of the club I think that would be an easy mistake for an administrator to make. But as you were allowed back in once it was established that you are actually a Hibs supporter it knocks on the head any suggestion that there's a party line on here.

One Day Soon
18-03-2018, 01:51 PM
Funny that eh.

Given your persistant criticsim of the club I think that would be an easy mistake for an administrator to make. But as you were allowed back in once it was established that you are actually a Hibs supporter it knocks on the head any suggestion that there's a party line on here.

**** just got real.

silverhibee
18-03-2018, 01:56 PM
This thread included.

Awrite mate.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 01:57 PM
I'm regularly accused of being a Hearts fan on here...

One Day Soon
18-03-2018, 01:58 PM

What about on Yakback? See what I did there? :wink:

Dan Sarf
18-03-2018, 01:59 PM
Bugger. I need to check it out now. :hilarious

Isn't whomever correct in that sentence?

PS I don't know what meem means.

Confession: I nicked "whom, meem?" from the Mary Tyler Moore Show circa 1975. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 01:59 PM

Ltyf

silverhibee
18-03-2018, 02:04 PM
Funny that eh.

Clique talk.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 02:14 PM
Awrite mate.

:top marks

Sylar
18-03-2018, 02:17 PM
I think people naturally form affinities with other posters, and there are groups of posters that do indeed band together and support each other in debates etc. I'm not sure I'd call that a clique though.

Signed, the resident Hun.

Jay
18-03-2018, 02:22 PM

Edited or a warning for the same offence? I went for the soft option. Feel free to try again if you didnt like it. :aok:

Keith_M
18-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Edited or a warning for the same offence? I went for the soft option. Feel free to try again if you didnt like it. :aok:

Bullying by the Clique-Nostra!

:wink:

Ozyhibby
18-03-2018, 02:49 PM
Funny that eh.

I would be disappointed in myself if I had not been critical of the club in those days. Things have improved so I’m less critical now but if they get that bad again I hope I’m even more critical next time.

sleeping giant
18-03-2018, 02:55 PM
**** just got real.

:greengrin

sleeping giant
18-03-2018, 02:56 PM

Good grief

Pete
18-03-2018, 02:59 PM
This thread reeks.

sleeping giant
18-03-2018, 03:03 PM
This thread reeks.

Just Alf
18-03-2018, 03:14 PM
Deary me

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Jay
18-03-2018, 03:14 PM
Good grief

What?

One Day Soon
18-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Deary me

Reported

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Reported

lol he's going to pump her.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2018, 03:32 PM
lol he's going to pump her.

:hyper

Pete
18-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Racist

jacomo
18-03-2018, 03:37 PM

There’s a clique but not everyone is aware of it?

Clique went underground.

Uber clique.

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2018, 03:48 PM
This thread is impossible to follow.

I think I’m so far out the clique that I don’t even know if it exists.

Just Alf
18-03-2018, 03:53 PM
You could be in a "click" instead, boy at work insists there's a Hun one u have to be in to get overtime etc!

McD
18-03-2018, 05:24 PM

:applause:

This has immediately become one my all time favourite posts :greengrin well done sir :top marks

Lancs Harp
18-03-2018, 05:39 PM
I think the regulation on this site is pretty much spot on. Its not an easy job, I have friends that have been on the wrong side of legal action from the Oystons/Blackpool FC for merely voicing opinions on message boards, the mods there tried their best to warn people but people thought they could say whatever they wanted and whenever they wanted. Having an opinion is what message boards are all about and the action taken by the Oyston family against Blackpool fans was reprehensible but the action was taken. I personally find debate here really good, generally people swap thoughts, ideas and opinions without too much rancour and thats how it should be. Its generally a very good and informative read with a good amount of good humour. Long may it be so.

Beefster
18-03-2018, 05:43 PM
I just think personally it's easier for certain poster's to engage in conversation on this forum than what it is for others.

That’s a confidence thing then, surely?

Folk should just do what I do - be an opinionated, contrary, grumpy tit and take the opposite view to everyone else most of the time.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Remember that poster who tried to pretend that he was a Hibs player.

I can't remember the details but it was hilarious.

Lancs Harp
18-03-2018, 06:05 PM
Remember that poster who tried to pretend that he was a Hibs player.

I can't remember the details but it was hilarious.

Wasnt Ray Wilkins was it?:wink:

The Green Goblin
18-03-2018, 06:06 PM
That’s a confidence thing then, surely?

Folk should just do what I do - be an opinionated, contrary, grumpy tit and take the opposite view to everyone else most of the time.

No they shouldn’t.

Greentinted
18-03-2018, 06:09 PM
Wasnt Ray Wilkins was it?:wink:

I seem to recall someone posing as Dean Shiels, May be wrong but it rings a wee bell.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2018, 06:11 PM
I seem to recall someone posing as Dean Shiels, May be wrong but it rings a wee bell.

That's right, it was Dean. 👍

Hopefully others will fill in more of the details.

Beefster
18-03-2018, 06:11 PM
No they shouldn’t.

You got to grips with it quickly.

snooky
18-03-2018, 06:14 PM

Are you Donald Rumsfeld?

BroxburnHibee
18-03-2018, 06:17 PM
That's right, it was Dean. 👍

Hopefully others will fill in more of the details.

Probably my most enjoyable day on dotnet.

Whoever it was it was hilarious.

snooky
18-03-2018, 06:17 PM
Btw, is it just me or is anybody else getting Whoosh Fever from this thread? :dunno:

CropleyWasGod
18-03-2018, 06:27 PM
Btw, is it just me or is anybody else getting Whoosh Fever from this thread? :dunno:It's just you.

The cliqueratti ken whit's goin on.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2018, 06:27 PM
Btw, is it just me or is anybody else getting Whoosh Fever from this thread? :dunno:

Clique folk ken whits gawn oan ;-)