PDA

View Full Version : Referees and NL

thebakerboy
17-03-2018, 12:54 PM
A report in the papers said that the SSFRA ( refs union) are to put a case to the SFA to complain that Neil Lennon's punishment was too lenient and Clancy would feel let down by this. Could this have affected Beaton last night or is he just s*&^e. Looking at the league table bad calls by refs have cost us a number of points which could have us in second place. Should Hibs make a case at the end of the season and present it to the SFA citing the poor standard of the referees. Seems to me our managers complaints need an airing at a higher level.

staunchhibby
17-03-2018, 01:35 PM
I think the refs supervivors who watch there incompetent performances are a total waste of time.We never hear any thing from them and they continue to masquerade as competent officials.Bring back the Maltese refs.

Radium
17-03-2018, 01:46 PM
A report in the papers said that the SSFRA ( refs union) are to put a case to the SFA to complain that Neil Lennon's punishment was too lenient and Clancy would feel let down by this. Could this have affected Beaton last night or is he just s*&^e. Looking at the league table bad calls by refs have cost us a number of points which could have us in second place. Should Hibs make a case at the end of the season and present it to the SFA citing the poor standard of the referees. Seems to me our managers complaints need an airing at a higher level.

Think they should be careful what they wish for ... do they really want manager/ players groups questioning why referees are not demoted following poor performances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green day
17-03-2018, 01:49 PM

Excellent. If these radges actually do this, it will include some right of reply and - presumably - critique of both Lennon and the officials performance.

I bet NL would welcome it.

overdrive
17-03-2018, 01:51 PM
I hope they go on strike again over NL. Maybe we’ll get half decent refs from Malta and Portugal again instead of the band of incompetents and crooks that we are subjected to week in week out.

Carheenlea
17-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Neil Lennon appears to be popular with the media in this country, but clearly, this affection isn’t shared within the refereeing circle. Such a move from SSFRA would create a division that would be harmful to the Scottish game and be one that would struggle to find media support. Some of these clowns have caused enough problems already without resorting to presenting this case at seasons end.

Eyrie
17-03-2018, 07:52 PM
I presume that this case being presented by the SSFRA will include explanations of why Cochrane's assault on McGinn was only yellow, Shaw's goal didn't cross the line, why a deliberate handball by Sevco wasn't a penalty, why Clancy gifted Kilmarnock a penalty and why Alston wasn't a red card last night.

thebakerboy
17-03-2018, 09:32 PM
I presume that this case being presented by the SSFRA will include explanations of why Cochrane's assault on McGinn was only yellow, Shaw's goal didn't cross the line, why a deliberate handball by Sevco wasn't a penalty, why Clancy gifted Kilmarnock a penalty and why Alston wasn't a red card last night.

This is exactly the case I would present to the SFA and point out that these cases have cost Hibs at least 6/8 points and given Sevco at least 3/4 points

Deansy
17-03-2018, 10:19 PM

I think that's a good idea, Hibs could ask why John McGinn, the SPL's most fouled player -

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/68-key-statistics-from-the-scottish-premiership-season-so-far-1-4657351

- yet he's 4th in the disciplinary-table

https://www.transfermarkt.com/scottish-premiership/suenderkartei/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?saison_id=2017

For me this backs up Lennon's claim that the referees are not doing their job properly - not protecting players but quick enough to book them for complaining about them not doing their job properly !. Last night was a typical example - McGinn on the receiving end of yet another cynical tackle (with Beaton right alongside them) yet screaming in exasperation when Beaton only produces the yellow but then 10 minutes later predictably books McGinn !!??. What's the bigger crime - a physical-assault on a player (causing possible long-term injury or premature ending of their career) or a player uttering a few nasty words to a referee ??

Of course the GFA are never going to side with Hibs but at least it might put the spotlight on the referees failings !

Joe6-2
17-03-2018, 10:27 PM
I hope they go on strike again over NL. Maybe we’ll get half decent refs from Malta and Portugal again instead of the band of incompetents and crooks that we are subjected to week in week out.

We could get better, and honest , refs from a primary school

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 10:49 PM

God I hope they do that. Turkeys voting for early Christmas twice a year, sharper knives, new turkey slaughtering machines and mouthwatering new turkey recipes.

No clubs and no fans like or rate our referees. Please, please put a case to the SFA you dumb, incompetent, cheating bunch of self-serving wee-man erchies so that we can have a big public debate on how crap, over paid and over rated you are.

Ozyhibby
18-03-2018, 05:58 AM
This is al about the strike in 2010. The refs will never forgive Lennon for it. The last two seasons we have been getting hammered for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
18-03-2018, 06:26 AM

Add in the missed handball against Falkirk in the play offs.

WeeRussell
18-03-2018, 02:23 PM
I think that's a good idea, Hibs could ask why John McGinn, the SPL's most fouled player -

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/68-key-statistics-from-the-scottish-premiership-season-so-far-1-4657351

https://www.transfermarkt.com/scottish-premiership/suenderkartei/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?saison_id=2017

For me this backs up Lennon's claim that the referees are not doing their job properly - not protecting players but quick enough to book them for complaining about them not doing their job properly !. Last night was a typical example - McGinn on the receiving end of yet another cynical tackle (with Beaton right alongside them) yet screaming in exasperation when Beaton only produces the yellow but then 10 minutes later predictably books McGinn !!??. What's the bigger crime - a physical-assault on a player (causing possible long-term injury or premature ending of their career) or a player uttering a few nasty words to a referee ??

Of course the GFA are never going to side with Hibs but at least it might put the spotlight on the referees failings !

How on earth is stats showing that a player that gets fouled a lot also receives quite a few yellow cards evidence of referees not doing their jobs?

lyonhibs
18-03-2018, 02:28 PM
How on earth is stats showing that a player that gets fouled a lot also receives quite a few yellow cards evidence of referees not doing their jobs?

Hahaha incredible isn't it??

StevieCowan
18-03-2018, 02:35 PM

The only thing predictable about McGinn’s yellow card was that it was quite clearly a yellow card.

WeeRussell
18-03-2018, 03:18 PM
The only thing predictable about McGinn’s yellow card was that it was quite clearly a yellow card.

Yep.. and it wasn’t for dissent, it was for one of those cynical, nasty fouls he talks about above.

I don’t think this case with evidence is holding up very well.

WeeRussell
18-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Hahaha incredible isn't it??

Quite ridiculous at times.

where'stheslope
18-03-2018, 06:06 PM
The man in the stand watching the referees performance, will look at what the referee misses and what he does in that event to pull himself out of any bother!
The other thing that makes the referee look good , is when both sets of supporters are baying for his blood, as this makes him equal to both sides!!!
If the referee makes a glaring error, he can lift the phone to apologise to the manager, but that seems only for certain clubs, and not all referees do it?
Its time that referee supervisor is made to come out and give the reasons the decisions are selected the way they were, there is no point in the referee being asked as its already been seen that the referee and his assistants collude to come up with a story ( sure the one I'm thinking of was against Dundee United)!!!