PDA

View Full Version : How are we 4th in the League with these shocking performances?

MB62
17-03-2018, 12:48 PM
It seems almost on a weekly basis there are some shocking performances put in, yet somehow, quite incredibly, we are still 4th in league.
If even half of these had been raised to a decent competent level, we could have been out of sight in 2nd place and possibly even been right up there with the Celtc.
Next season will be a big challenge to raise these standards but I have huge doubts there is a desire to do so.

C'mon Refs, raise your game and give us a fair crack of the whip because this season you have been absolutely hopeless. If you can all do that, who knows were this Hibs team might go?

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 12:50 PM
You're discussing referees, and only referees, right?

danhibees1875
17-03-2018, 12:51 PM
I had no idea that was about ref's until the end and thought you were being pretty harsh on the players. :greengrin

hibby6270
17-03-2018, 12:54 PM
Provocative thread title to say the least.:confused:
But yeah, if it’s about referees, then absolutely makes sense.

MB62
17-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Provocative thread title to say the least.:confused:
But yeah, if it’s about referees, then absolutely makes sense.

IF!

The boys were brilliant last night FFS, Was your sense of humour left frozen to the McDairmid park seats?

roc1
17-03-2018, 01:24 PM
Oh! Michael, that ‘humour’ of yours will get you hung one day 😏

staunchhibby
17-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Is it refs or the team this post alludes to:confused::confused:

Hibbyradge
17-03-2018, 01:32 PM
IF!

The boys were brilliant last night FFS, Was your sense of humour left frozen to the McDairmid park seats?

:tee hee:

It might have helped if you'd explained that you ire was aimed before the last paragraph.

It does read like you're having a go at the team with an afterthought given to the referees.

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2018, 01:41 PM
Clearly aimed at the refs, but a brilliantly constructed thread title guaranteed to attract an enraged click before you realise its yet another refereeing related thread ..... nice one OP :greengrin

I think the point isn't just that refs are giving us absolutely no protection but also that it seems they never give us the benefit of the doubt either, the Killie penalty being a case in point .. that same night there was at least 3 similar or worse incidents on MOTD and not one resulted in a penalty.

It was the same with the Sevco handball at ER ..... as clear an example of a classic hand to ball as you will ever see, made even worse by the fact that the assistant ref told NL he had seen the incident but didn't think it was a foul. If that's the standard is it any wonder our manager is at the end of his tether?

MB62
17-03-2018, 01:43 PM

It might have helped if you'd explained that you ire was aimed before the last paragraph.

It does read like you're having a go at the team with an afterthought given to the referees.

Nah, that would have spoiled it :greengrin

Looks like my MHHM sense of humour is lost here :greengrin

For the benefit of the humourless, YES, IT'S ABOUT THE REFS :greengrin

MB62
17-03-2018, 01:59 PM
Clearly aimed at the refs, but a brilliantly constructed thread title guaranteed to attract an enraged click before you realise its yet another refereeing related thread ..... nice one OP :greengrin

I think the point isn't just that refs are giving us absolutely no protection but also that it seems they never give us the benefit of the doubt either, the Killie penalty being a case in point .. that same night there was at least 3 similar or worse incidents on MOTD and not one resulted in a penalty.

It was the same with the Sevco handball at ER ..... as clear an example of a classic hand to ball as you will ever see, made even worse by the fact that the assistant ref told NL he had seen the incident but didn't think it was a foul. If that's the standard is it any wonder our manager is at the end of his tether?

It's been happening all season and the examples are never ending. Important decisions costing us points, the 'goal' against the yams, the penalty against the the The huns for handball, The incredible penalty for handball against Killie, the tackle on SJM last night, we could and should have had a good few more points on the board if only the officials had been doing their jobs properly.

Jonnyboy
17-03-2018, 09:30 PM
Nah, that would have spoiled it :greengrin

Looks like my MHHM sense of humour is lost here :greengrin

For the sake of the humourless, YES, IT'S ABOUT THE REFS :greengrin

I enjoyed your raving, MB :greengrin

ancient hibee
17-03-2018, 10:30 PM
It seems almost on a weekly basis there are some shocking performances put in, yet somehow, quite incredibly, we are still 4th in league.
If even half of these had been raised to a decent competent level, we could have been out of sight in 2nd place and possibly even been right up there with the Celtc.
Next season will be a big challenge to raise these standards but I have huge doubts there is a desire to do so.

C'mon Refs, raise your game and give us a fair crack of the whip because this season you have been absolutely hopeless. If you can all do that, who knows were this Hibs team might go?
:top marks:greengrin:greengrin

One Day Soon
17-03-2018, 10:38 PM
My butt hurts.

Joe6-2
18-03-2018, 02:19 PM

It is misleading

WeeRussell
18-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Making out like we would be challenging for the title if it weren’t for referees is the only funny thing I took from the OP?

Just Alf
18-03-2018, 04:37 PM
Making out like we would be challenging for the title if it weren’t for referees is the only funny thing I took from the OP?Eh?.. Honestly how do you get that position?

I've reread it and he's saying we could have been comfortably 2nd and maybe even a bit closer to Celtc than the current incumbent

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Clarence
18-03-2018, 05:00 PM
This sort of chicanery should not be tolerated!

pollution
18-03-2018, 05:27 PM
The OP sounds as if he is related to Donald Trump!

WeeRussell
18-03-2018, 06:55 PM
Eh?.. Honestly how do you get that position?

I've reread it and he's saying we could have been comfortably 2nd and maybe even a bit closer to Celtc than the current incumbent

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I get that position because I don’t believe that the referees are the sole reason for us not being higher in the league, and I don’t buy into any of the recent referee blame talk. They’re not great but they haven’t cost us second place. I don’t think beaton was the reason we didn’t win on Friday night.

And I’m fully acceptant that the above opinion is against the grain of posts this weekend.

MB62
18-03-2018, 06:55 PM
This sort of chicanery should not be tolerated!

The OP sounds as if he is related to Donald Trump!

I get the feeling some people are mega disappointed that I was having a go at the refs and not the team :greengrin