PDA

View Full Version : Off The Ball

Fuzzywuzzy
17-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Cosgrove talking about Liam Craig getting elbowed in the throat? I never watched the match, did it happen? He never mentioned who provided the elbow

tamig
17-03-2018, 11:33 AM
Cosgrove talking about Liam Craig getting elbowed in the throat? I never watched the match, did it happen? He never mentioned who provided the elbow

Marv?

Johnny_Leith
17-03-2018, 11:40 AM
I've seen it today, at the game it looked like an accidental coming together, however it's a red and it should be a retrospective red.

green day
17-03-2018, 11:41 AM

Any chat from him that Alston should have walked?

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 11:41 AM
I've seen it today, at the game it looked like an accidental coming together, however it's a red and it should be a retrospective red.

Got a link please?

green day
17-03-2018, 11:42 AM
Got a link please?
https://twitter.com/sked21/status/974928686205079553

Argylehibby
17-03-2018, 11:43 AM

If it's accidental how is it a red?

Johnny_Leith
Got a link please?

https://twitter.com/sked21/status/974928686205079553

Fuzzywuzzy
Any chat from him that Alston should have walked?

Grudgingly. Said naw initially and then said aye when asked if it was a hibs player that had committed the same foul

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Thanks for link guys.

Johnny_Leith
17-03-2018, 11:44 AM
If it's accidental how is it a red?

I said at the time it looked accidental.

The footage shows it was not accidental, as Marv looks at him.

Edit - to clarify, I thought Marv has accidentally bumped into Craig with a shoulder barge, not an elbow.

Ken
17-03-2018, 11:45 AM

Why don’t you tweet all the tabloids to make sure they have haven’t missed it?

Anyone got a carpet and a brush. Nothing to see her, move along, delete the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuzzywuzzy
17-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Didn't look anything accidental about that . straight red

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 11:46 AM

Anyone got a carpet and a brush. Nothing to see her, move along, delete the thread

Ffs.

Fuzzywuzzy
17-03-2018, 11:48 AM
Oh aye, we're also media darlings! I must have missed that.....

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 11:49 AM
Off the ball has been horrendous for a good 15-20 years. It’s been a hearts love in for the past few seasons too as it’s Cowans second team. Anyone listening should surely know what to expect?

Broken Gnome
17-03-2018, 11:52 AM
What's our midfield without McGeough if injured, and a suspended Bartley and McGinn?

Bad timing.

speedy_gonzales
17-03-2018, 11:54 AM
Just watched that Twitter GIF and it looks to me like Bartley's elbow digs in to Craig's shoulder, and it's Bartley's shoulder that smashes in to Craig's chin/face.
So to me it isn't an elbow, but a stupid and bloody clumsy challenge. Wouldn't have been surprised if that was carded last night but would be disappointed if that received a retrospective red.

Johnny_Leith
17-03-2018, 11:55 AM

Sure there'll be plenty people willing to do that. Not sure if you're trying to be funny, what's wrong with calling a red card a red card?

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 11:56 AM
I don’t think it’s a red. More of a shoulder barge.

500miles
17-03-2018, 12:03 PM
Bartleys elbow goes into Craig's chest, shoulder into his chin. It was a bit of afters, but not a flying elbow.

SaulGoodman
17-03-2018, 12:05 PM
If he's going to get banned for it he should've done a proper job and hit the heartless **** harder

Michael
17-03-2018, 12:06 PM
What's our midfield without McGeough if injured, and a suspended Bartley and McGinn?

Bad timing.

And I assume Slivka is still out.

Springbank
17-03-2018, 12:31 PM
That's a yellow, tops.

And if alston was a yellow then marv was a "no card" job

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2018, 01:14 PM
That's a yellow, tops.

And if alston was a yellow then marv was a "no card" jobCompletely this it's started by the anti - Lennon brigade on Twitter and if Bartley gets any retrospective action then they are opening a real can of worms

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

tamig
17-03-2018, 01:19 PM

It’s already been mentioned on a few threads so no point picking up this poster. I’m sure the compliance officer will be all over .net.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Still waiting on laughable gettong a retrospective red for his sneaky look and elbow on Efe off the ball at ER. I saw it on the tv as well so no excuses for the compliance officer...

BlackSheep
17-03-2018, 04:44 PM
That angle on Twitter makes it look worse than it was.

The reason no one (apart from on here and on ‘off the ball’) is talking about it is down to the fact that when you watch the events unfold further than a 2 sec GIF you will see that all 3 players are running at full steam and Bartley jumps into Craig to avoid a harsher collision... of course he looks at him, if he didn’t see him then the collision would have been worse... it just happens that Craig came off worse cos he was caught by Bartley’s shoulder and elbow.... to say there was intent is just being provocative. This is most likely how the officials have seen it at the time....

No need to dress it up any differently!

Swedish hibee
17-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Off the ball has been horrendous for a good 15-20 years. It’s been a hearts love in for the past few seasons too as it’s Cowans second team. Anyone listening should surely know what to expect?

I like it and find myself laughing quite often at the content. I disagree with the hearts love in too as Stuart Cosgrove has been very vocal with his criticism of them over the few years I've been listening.

Deansy
17-03-2018, 05:49 PM
Our chums over on 'Throw-back's have laughingly got a thread on this -

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/175983-bartley-foul-nhc/

'Bullies and cowards the current Hibs lot. Like to dish it out and moan to all and sundry when they get it back. **** them'

So says a proud supporter of the club who currently lead the 'poor discipline' (Cheating, hacking *******s) league by 8 points - the only league where they genuinely are the 'Big team' having 'won' it reguarly !!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/SC1/saison_id/2017

Iggy Pope
17-03-2018, 08:01 PM
If he's going to get banned for it he should've done a proper job and hit the heartless **** harder

Agree. And he could then spend his down time hunting the rest of the heartless ****s on here too.

MWHIBBIES
17-03-2018, 08:15 PM
It didn't look anywhere near as bad at the game. That twitter video does him no favours though, based on that he deserves a 3 game ban.

poolman
17-03-2018, 11:46 PM
Our chums over on 'Throw-back's have laughingly got a thread on this -

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/175983-bartley-foul-nhc/

'Bullies and cowards the current Hibs lot. Like to dish it out and moan to all and sundry when they get it back. **** them'

So says a proud supporter of the club who currently lead the 'poor discipline' (Cheating, hacking *******s) league by 8 points - the only league where they genuinely are the 'Big team' having 'won' it reguarly !!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/SC1/saison_id/2017

There really are some baffling idiotic comments on the Yams thread

green.oracle
17-03-2018, 11:47 PM
It didn't look anywhere near as bad at the game. That twitter video does him no favours though, based on that he deserves a 3 game ban.

On the subject of the thread, I stopped listening many years ago due to fact they are;

a) a pair of slavouring lon channies
b) jambo sympothasiers and
c) because,

Frazerbob
18-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Off The Ball is excellent. Listen to it every week via their podcast on the iPlayer when I’m in the car. There’s no Hearts bias, they often have Hibs related guests and they like to get it up the Old Firm. What’s not to like?

neil7908
18-03-2018, 09:05 AM

Agree, it's definite red.

McIntosh
18-03-2018, 09:40 AM
It didn't look anywhere near as bad at the game. That twitter video does him no favours though, based on that he deserves a 3 game ban. Good God are you really advocating one of our own players a three game ban? Really after this nonsense you need a three week ban from Hibs net.

McIntosh
18-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Agree, it's definite red. The fact that our players have been getting booted to hell and are protecting themselves seems to have escaped you. Never have I read any supporter ever advocating bans for our players.

Fuzzywuzzy
18-03-2018, 10:16 AM
If it had been a st Johnstone player that had committed that and it had been missed I'm pretty sure there would have been a thread on it.

Everyone has an opinion, and rightly, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Football fans are fickle and will see what they want to see.

I started this thread because I hadn't watched the game and heard comment on the radio regarding it. Looking at 3 sec gif it looks bad. As someone pointed out that 3 seconds isn't in the full context of the run of play etc.

There are lots things that are committed against our players and committed by our players that are missed in the 90 mins or whatever. Refs get £800 to make a judgement call in a split second. Some are ****, some are corrupt and some are just plain human.

It was missed in the game we move on.

Heisenberg
18-03-2018, 10:50 AM
The fact that our players have been getting booted to hell and are protecting themselves seems to have escaped you. Never have I read any supporter ever advocating bans for our players.

It’s called having a balanced opinion. Bartley has intentionally smashed into Craig off the ball in a dangerous manner. If a Hibs player is on the receiving end of that and the opposition player got off with it there would be absolute rage from some on here.

neil7908
18-03-2018, 10:57 AM
The fact that our players have been getting booted to hell and are protecting themselves seems to have escaped you. Never have I read any supporter ever advocating bans for our players.

Very strange post. I'm a Hibs fan but that doesn't mean my impartially goes out of the window completely.

I commented on the match day thread at the time about the terrible treatment we're getting from opposition players most games, particularly McGinn but (I can't believe I have to say this as it isn't primary school) two wrongs don't make a right.

McIntosh
18-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Very strange post. I'm a Hibs fan but that doesn't mean my impartially goes out of the window completely.

I commented on the match day thread at the time about the terrible treatment we're getting from opposition players most games, particularly McGinn but (I can't believe I have to say this as it isn't primary school) two wrongs don't make a right. The guy is advocating not just a one game suspension but a three game ban based on what, a slowed down video divorced of content.

Danderhall Hibs
18-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Off The Ball is excellent. Listen to it every week via their podcast on the iPlayer when I’m in the car. There’s no Hearts bias, they often have Hibs related guests and they like to get it up the Old Firm. What’s not to like?

:agree: “Hearts biased” Cowan claiming that it was a definite red card for the challenge on McGinn this week.

MWHIBBIES
18-03-2018, 12:13 PM
Good God are you really advocating one of our own players a three game ban? Really after this nonsense you need a three week ban from Hibs net.Yes, I need to be banned from Hibs.net for being impartial. It isn't nonsense at all. I have said based on the video he is deserving of any ban that comes his way, it looks really bad and totally pointless based on that video.

Smashing Liam Craig, who couldn't get close enough to any of our players to challenge them, in the face is not defending yourself. You have read it now mate. I don't want him to be banned but he should be.

Argylehibby
18-03-2018, 04:02 PM
If you're looking to see someone who should get a retrospective red card look at the last action in the BBC highlights. St. j player literally boots Bell with no hope of getting the ball as it's already in his arms.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43441726

superfurryhibby
18-03-2018, 04:23 PM
If you're looking to see someone who should get a retrospective red card look at the last action in the BBC highlights. St. j player literally boots Bell with no hope of getting the ball as it's already in his arms.

Steven McLean get the boot in to the thigh of Bell. Total cowardly action on his part.

superfurryhibby
18-03-2018, 04:31 PM
Yes, I need to be banned from Hibs.net for being impartial. It isn't nonsense at all. I have said based on the video he is deserving of any ban that comes his way, it looks really bad and totally pointless based on that video.

Smashing Liam Craig, who couldn't get close enough to any of our players to challenge them, in the face is not defending yourself. You have read it now mate. I don't want him to be banned but he should be.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sked21/status/974928686205079553/video/1

Bartley has been a very silly boy. Not clever.

cabbageandribs1875
18-03-2018, 04:56 PM
i have to admit that their is indeed a case for a retro red for Marv :(

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-03-2018, 09:36 PM

Or he was looking after his pal that was booted up and down the park for the previous 80 minutes. If he gets a card then so be it.

Danderhall Hibs
18-03-2018, 09:54 PM
Or he was looking after his pal that was booted up and down the park for the previous 80 minutes. If he gets a card then so be it.

That was in the first half.

green day
18-03-2018, 10:14 PM

Does the compliance boy look at bitter jambos slowed down video capture, or just go on watching the match himself?

Watching that tackle in real time I felt there was nowt in it, it would be a sin if Marv got pulled just because Off the Ball and a Jambo prick put stuff on twitter !

Tornadoes70
18-03-2018, 10:59 PM

:top marks

Fat Biscuits has far too much input into BBC sportsound. He gets to commentate regularly on games involving his beloved yams despite his crap squeaky voice thats not fit for commentating. Its a Yam love in show.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-03-2018, 11:07 PM
That was in the first half.

Ok princess.

snooky
18-03-2018, 11:26 PM
IMO, in that video the challenge itself looks dodgy and could (note: I say could, not 'should') be flagged up as a red.
However, if you look at the big picture, SJM takes yet another hefty challenge. Marv is only acting as his minder. 'You play rough with us, we'll play rough with you'.
Had the ref handled the game with proper authority from the off, there would be no discussions here or anywhere about Alston, SJM or Marv.

GreenOnions
19-03-2018, 09:22 AM
IMO, in that video the challenge itself looks dodgy and could (note: I say could, not 'should') be flagged up as a red.
However, if you look at the big picture, SJM takes yet another hefty challenge. Marv is only acting as his minder. 'You play rough with us, we'll play rough with you'.
Had the ref handled the game with proper authority from the off, there would be no discussions here or anywhere about Alston, SJM or Marv.

I agree with this. Let's remind ourselves that St Johnstone had 5 yellow cards playing against 10 men! What does that tell us?

Three or four of those were deliberate late tackles on Hibs players as we broke quickly out of defence and St Johnstone feared being outnumbered and outpaced. They were pretty cynical tbh with no chance of getting the ball. I actually think three of those yellows were for late challenges on McGinn including Alston's challenge which should have been a straight red I think most agree.

Marv would have been as aware as anyone of the treatment JM in particular was getting. He was reacting to Craig's cynical tackle on JM and his action is completely understandable in the context of the match IMHO.

"Elbowed in the throat" is a complete drama queen description motivated, I think, to deflect from the cynical nature of St Johnstone's tackling during the game.

lord bunberry
19-03-2018, 10:37 AM
i have to admit that their is indeed a case for a retro red for Marv :(
I don’t think it was. It was just two players coming together. If Marv doesn’t put his arm up Craig would have run straight into him.

SirDavidsNapper
19-03-2018, 11:15 AM
On the subject of the thread, I stopped listening many years ago due to fact they are;

a) a pair of slavouring lon channies
b) jambo sympothasiers and
c) because,

Cosgrove has openly admitted he has a soft spot for Hibs

Sauzee16
19-03-2018, 11:20 AM

If he has I’ve never heard it. Whist Cowan is extremely pro-hearts. There is also loads of hearts connected players on the show too. That’s why I stopped listening even the podcast when bored on the bus to work.

Carheenlea
19-03-2018, 11:27 AM

If he has I’ve never heard it. Whist Cowan is extremely pro-hearts. There is also loads of hearts connected players on the show too. That’s why I stopped listening even the podcast when bored on the bus to work.

Stuart Cosgrove said he liked Aberdeen last week, but not sure about Tam Cowan. If the guys are pro anybody, it is Scottish Football in general, so more power to their elbow I say.

Sauzee16
19-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Stuart Cosgrove said he liked Aberdeen last week, but not sure about Tam Cowan. If the guys are pro anybody, it is Scottish Football in general, so more power to their elbow I say.

Cowan has done hearts fundraisers where it’s been suggested he doesn’t hold a high opinion of us and confirmed to me he’s bitter against us for some reason. Saying the golden generation was a myth etc about 12 years ago.

Carheenlea
19-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Cowan has done hearts fundraisers where it’s been suggested he doesn’t hold a high opinion of us and confirmed to me he’s bitter against us for some reason. Saying the golden generation was a myth etc about 12 years ago.

He’s a regular on the dinner/fundraiser circuit - sure he is open to doing his routine for anyone who wants to hire him.

Sauzee16
19-03-2018, 11:38 AM
He’s a regular on the dinner/fundraiser circuit - sure he is open to doing his routine for anyone who wants to hire him.

Fair enough I didn’t realise that. Has he been invited by Hibs or supporters before army any function? He done the hearts one for free though. Still dinner like him 😁

CropleyWasGod
19-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Fair enough I didn’t realise that. Has he been invited by Hibs or supporters before army any function? He done the hearts one for free though. Still dinner like him ��

Taking the green specs off for a moment, it says a lot that he did that gig for free. The club were in trouble, and needed to raise cash. From a Scottish football perspective, he saw it as important to help. That, for me, says that he looks beyond the parochial and the OF dialogue.

As a Well fan, he understands the pain of your club being in financial trouble, so it also displays empathy.

green day
19-03-2018, 01:49 PM

After the cup final pitch invasion, Cosgrove was being positive about Hibs while Cowan was looking out the pitchforks.

givescotlandfreedom
20-03-2018, 12:59 PM

I think Cosgrove is okay. He was about the only one keeping a level head over the cup final aftermath when Cowan was screaming like a wee girl and isn't scared to criticise cheating clubs that don't live beyond their means. He's a bit blinkered on this issue but so are we all when it comes to our team.

hughio
20-03-2018, 01:22 PM

Fully in agreement :agree:

Self-styled -"The most petty and ill-informed sports programme on radio".

And were taking issue with them?:confused:

Come on.

ancient hibee
20-03-2018, 02:43 PM
After the cup final pitch invasion, Cosgrove was being positive about Hibs while Cowan was looking out the pitchforks.
The whole point about having two presenters is to take opposing viewpoints I would think.This is how they get people to listen.

SirDavidsNapper
20-03-2018, 03:01 PM

He's spoken about SOL after the 2007 cup win on Off The Ball quite a few times

Geo_1875
20-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Taking the green specs off for a moment, it says a lot that he did that gig for free. The club were in trouble, and needed to raise cash. From a Scottish football perspective, he saw it as important to help. That, for me, says that he looks beyond the parochial and the OF dialogue.

As a Well fan, he understands the pain of your club being in financial trouble, so it also displays empathy.

It displays his love of a free meal.

greenlex
20-03-2018, 03:24 PM
:top marks

Fat Biscuits has far too much input into BBC sportsound. He gets to commentate regularly on games involving his beloved yams despite his crap squeaky voice thats not fit for commentating. Its a Yam love in show.
I don’t think biscuits is ever on off the ball.

Iggy Pope
20-03-2018, 03:43 PM

He's as funny as the pox though.

green day
20-03-2018, 05:12 PM
The whole point about having two presenters is to take opposing viewpoints I would think.This is how they get people to listen.

Cowan was going radge about our fans immediately after the final whistle, in a Daily Record stylee.

highland hibbee
20-03-2018, 05:36 PM
Cowan was going radge about our fans immediately after the final whistle, in a Daily Record stylee.

Id rather have Chlamydia than a ticket to a Cowan gig.

Sauzee16
20-03-2018, 05:38 PM

Jambo apologist. Look at their cup final thread posted on here last week. Spouting the exact same guff Cowan did on off the ball after we won the cup. He couldn’t take it.

Sauzee16
20-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Id rather have Chlamydia than a ticket to a Cowan gig.

He laughs at his own ***** patter.

I didn’t mind him a good few years back but he definitely doesn’t like us for no reason, since I worked that out can’t be arsed with him at all nor Cosgrove.

Sauzee16
20-03-2018, 05:40 PM

Did he do the same for Dundee, Livingston? No.

highland hibbee
20-03-2018, 05:42 PM
He laughs at his own ***** patter.

I didn’t mind him a good few years back but he definitely doesn’t like us for no reason, since I worked that out can’t be arsed with him at all nor Cosgrove.

Am am I right in thinking that his club were one of those who weren’t even paying their staff the minimum wage.

Tornadoes70
21-03-2018, 07:46 AM
I don’t think biscuits is ever on off the ball.

Think you've misconstrued my point. He appears to have considerable standing within BBC Scots radio football output across the board and the yams are mentioned significantly out of proportion to their current position.

mon the cabbage

CropleyWasGod
21-03-2018, 07:52 AM
Did he do the same for Dundee, Livingston? No.I don't know. Was he asked?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
21-03-2018, 08:08 AM

I wouldn't mind them being pro Hearts if their chat was in any way funny. A lot of their jokes seem to be recycled from the Christmas panto.

Pretty Boy
21-03-2018, 08:48 AM
I despair sometimes at the desire to intellectualise football. If you take crap jokes, parochialism, emotional ranting and ill informed opinion out of Scottish football you would be as well just shutting up shop now. The ability to self deprecate is an underrated one. Off The Ball doesn't claim to be anything it's not; it's petty nonsense and proud of it, I can't say I've ever heard too much to be upset about on it.

Of course there is a place for informed analysis in football but a light entertainment talk show isn't it. As with Sportsound it seems a lot of people only listen in to be annoyed, if you don't like it there's a simple solution.

SirDavidsNapper
21-03-2018, 09:06 AM
I despair sometimes at the desire to intellectualise football. If you take crap jokes, parochialism, emotional ranting and ill informed opinion out of Scottish football you would be as well just shutting up shop now. The ability to self deprecate is an underrated one. Off The Ball doesn't claim to be anything it's not; it's petty nonsense and proud of it, I can't say I've ever heard too much to be upset about on it.

Of course there is a place for informed analysis in football but a light entertainment talk show isn't it. As with Sportsound it seems a lot of people only listen in to be annoyed, if you don't like it there's a simple solution.

Completely agree. I'ts pub banter in a studio. Doesn't claim to be anything else.

The Modfather
21-03-2018, 09:30 AM
Saw Stuart Cosgrove at the book festival last year talking about his book, Detroit 67 (which is excellent, as are his Memphis 68 and Young Soul Rebels books).

Someone I’d Love to talk football, and particularly music, with over a few beers.

hibsbollah
21-03-2018, 09:52 AM

I agree with the sentiment, but you can be non intellectual and still be funny. My gripe with those two is they're just not funny.

SideBurns
21-03-2018, 09:55 AM
I went to see the live version of 'Off the Ball' at the Fringe a few years ago. Great afternoon. Guests were BBC news reader Cat Shearer, and also Paul Daniels and the lovely Debbie McGhee. Random choice of guests you might think, and it doesn't get any less weird when you hear the story of how Daniels stopped Cowan being run doon by a tram when he was a bairn on holiday in Blackpool (no magic employed in the process). So if anyone doesn't like Cowan, you can blame the late Paul Daniels for the fact he has made it to adulthood......

CropleyWasGod
21-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Saw Stuart Cosgrove at the book festival last year talking about his book, Detroit 67 (which is excellent, as are his Memphis 68 and Young Soul Rebels books).

Someone I’d Love to talk football, and particularly music, with over a few beers.

I wis there too. :agree:

Loved Detroit 67. Looking forward to reading Memphis 68.

Curried
21-03-2018, 12:35 PM
I agree with the sentiment, but you can be non intellectual and still be funny. My gripe with those two is they're just not funny.

:agree: To paraphrase the Ref MP from Moray, when no saying “Red Red”… the comedy value of this show is akin to “drinking a pint of cold sick”.

Is It On....
21-03-2018, 03:30 PM
The Kris Boyd bit was really funny this week when they played the advert with his American accent. Steve McClaren(esk) as Tam Cowan described it 😂😂

Sauzee16
21-03-2018, 03:32 PM
The Kris Boyd bit was really funny this week when they played the advert with his American accent. Steve McClaren(esk) as Tam Cowan described it 😂😂

It was done before on the podcast with Simon Ferry in open goal. Something about a bed advert when in America.

PeeJay
21-03-2018, 04:29 PM
Listen often on Saturday to the early and late show versions when I can and I enjoy them - don't agree with everything they say, don't feel I have to - seems to me they have fun with all and sundry ... one of the funniest parts of the show is when they read out emails from football fans complaining of bias ... hilarious for what must surely be obvious reasons ... :greengrin

21-03-2018, 05:28 PM

Here it is:

https://vimeo.com/48224555

Best bit is when he says "for example."

Off the Ball's has its faults but along with Sportsound between noon and 7pm on a Saturday it does a very good job and I'd miss listening to them on the way to and from matches.