PDA

View Full Version : Fans tonight

murray26
16-03-2018, 09:21 PM
Couldn’t make it up tonight but sounded another terrific backing for the team on a cold miserable night .. well done to the traveling support 10/10

Albanian Hibs
16-03-2018, 09:22 PM
👏👏👏

Lancs Harp
16-03-2018, 09:27 PM
A great turn out and got behind the team. Watched the game on the box with a non Hibs supporting mate (Blackpool), he was suitably impressed.

Well done lads, hope you thaw out quickly :greengrin:thumbsup:

SquashedFrogg
16-03-2018, 09:28 PM
A great turn out and got behind the team. Watched the game on the box with a non Hibs supporting mate (Blackpool), he was suitably impressed.

Well done lads, hope you thaw out quickly :greengrin:thumbsup:

Outstanding support.

Gaz
16-03-2018, 09:35 PM
was at the game with my 2 girls. Fan were brilliant sang all they way through :not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

iwasthere1972
16-03-2018, 09:37 PM
That was my thoughts. Could be heard loud and clear. Full marks to all.

skyhibs
16-03-2018, 09:46 PM
Just in too... great backing for the team tonight from start to finish..

The Pointer
16-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Sounded great from the main stand the whole game long. Glad I was there as the rain was swirling into the North stand.

I'll need to learn the words to the new songs though.

Tremendous support on a filthy night.

S4uzee
16-03-2018, 09:51 PM
Couldn’t make it tonight either but sounded like they gave a terrific backing ... well done all 👏🏼

Monts
16-03-2018, 09:52 PM
Well done all the fans. Did us proud :flag:

Billy Whizz
16-03-2018, 10:27 PM
I was just to the left of the singing section, thought they were brilliant tonight
Think I’ll be singing “Kamberi” in my sleep tonight

murray26
16-03-2018, 10:41 PM
I like to think they helped us to a point tonight.. players must get a lift when you get a backing like that.. makes it worthwhile

SChibs
16-03-2018, 10:47 PM
I like to think they helped us to a point tonight.. players must get a lift when you get a backing like that.. makes it worthwhile

Saw kamberi applauding numerous times in the 2nd half

Mr White
16-03-2018, 10:54 PM
Fair play to everyone who made it up there tonight in the cold. Good effort :thumbsup:

murray26
16-03-2018, 10:58 PM
Saw kamberi applauding numerous times in the 2nd half

Good on the big guy.. fast becoming a fans favourite.. big decision from him to play tonight couldn’t have been easy

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2018, 11:03 PM
Saw kamberi applauding numerous times in the 2nd halfYeah just back from baltic Perth
...Flo applauded the fans several times tonight I think he likes his new song [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pete70
16-03-2018, 11:25 PM
To everyone who made it to the match, take a bow. :not worth

Deansy
16-03-2018, 11:37 PM
Most of the game it sounded like we were the home-team - well done guys !!

zitelli62
16-03-2018, 11:47 PM
Was next to singing section the guys are brilliant always great atmosphere at away games well done lads keep it going your our 12th man without a doubt don't think we would have got a point without that backing keep it going your doing a great job.

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
17-03-2018, 06:37 AM
3600 odd at the game I'd say at least 2000 away fans.

Hermit Crab
17-03-2018, 06:38 AM
Was next to singing section the guys are brilliant always great atmosphere at away games well done lads keep it going your our 12th man without a doubt don't think we would have got a point without that backing keep it going your doing a great job.

GGTTH

Apart from them smoking fags throughout the game, was stinking.

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 06:46 AM
The fans where brilliant last night not just with the songs but the actual individual support for nearly every player at different times when the going was getting tough. Even a tune for Cammy Bell. Well done everyone who contributed.

Carheenlea
17-03-2018, 06:51 AM
Decent numbers travelling up to what is an easily accessible away game, but what we see most weeks on the road really. Would be great to see more travellers on board though, and it surprises me that while our home crowds are at record levels, our travelling support hasn’t really changed from what it’s always been.
Just as well we had a decent support otherwise there would have been a crowd struggling to get into four figures. Mind you, I wouldn’t be rushing along paying money to watch Tommy Wright’s industrial football either to be fair to them.

tartanhibee
17-03-2018, 06:52 AM
Could someone confirm the line between

Signed by Lennon
?
To play the Hibees way

Can’t get the song out my head great support tonight feet have finally thawed out

hibbymark
17-03-2018, 07:10 AM
Could someone confirm the line between

Signed by Lennon
?
To play the Hibees way

Can’t get the song out my head great support tonight feet have finally thawed out

There is a striker,
A big Swiss striker,
Called Florian Kanberi
Signed by Lennon ,
To bring some venom,
And play the Hibees way,
Oh kanberi Oh Kanberi etc etc

tartanhibee
17-03-2018, 07:16 AM
There is a striker,
A big Swiss striker,
Called Florian Kanberi
Signed by Lennon ,
To bring some venom,
And play the Hibees way,
Oh kanberi Oh Kanberi etc etc

Cheers.

RIP
17-03-2018, 07:42 AM
3600 odd at the game I'd say at least 2000 away fans.

North Stand seats 2000 HC so probably 1850. For an evening Saints game the likely mix would be 50% Edinburgh 50% Tayside, Perthshire, Fife and Central Scotland. If it had been a Saturday game we would have taken a lot more from Edinburgh or the Lothians.

18Hibee75
17-03-2018, 08:09 AM
Alan Stubbs got a heroes welcome as well. Ally McCoist not much so...

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
17-03-2018, 08:38 AM
Decent numbers travelling up to what is an easily accessible away game, but what we see most weeks on the road really. Would be great to see more travellers on board though, and it surprises me that while our home crowds are at record levels, our travelling support hasn’t really changed from what it’s always been.
Just as well we had a decent support otherwise there would have been a crowd struggling to get into four figures. Mind you, I wouldn’t be rushing along paying money to watch Tommy Wright’s industrial football either to be fair to them.

Friday evening, after work, not the easiest place to get to for some people that worked all day (e.g. me), weather atrocious and game on TV.

I'd say nearly 2,000 was pretty decent.

I get your point about the increase in home versus away numbers, though. My feeling is that the hard core support that go through thick and thin are also likely to make up the majority of the travelling support i.e. the more recent regular home attenders are less likely to follow us away as well.

This is not in any way intended as a criticism of those that have recently started attending ER more regularly, as I love the big home crowds and long may it continue.

Carheenlea
17-03-2018, 08:49 AM
Friday evening, after work, not the easiest place to get to for some people that worked all day (e.g. me), weather atrocious and game on TV.

I'd say nearly 2,000 was pretty decent.

I get your point about the increase in home versus away numbers, though. My feeling is that the hard core support that go through thick and thin are also likely to make up the majority of the travelling support i.e. the more recent regular home attenders are less likely to follow us away as well.

This is not in any way intended as a criticism of those that have recently started attending ER more regularly, as I love the big home crowds and long may it continue.

We were taking similar away crowds when home attendances were half what we enjoy at present which kind of backs up your observation - likewise not aiming criticism at anyone , just wondering why it was the case.
The 1875 lads create a terrific atmosphere on the road which contributes greatly to an enjoyable experience whilst watching this Hibs side. Really enjoying watching Hibs right now, both at home and away
:flag:

S4uzee
17-03-2018, 08:50 AM
Alan Stubbs got a heroes welcome as well. Ally McCoist not much so...

Always thought McCoist seems a decent guy and honest

Pretty Boy
17-03-2018, 08:51 AM

I think our away support is more of an evolving group.

For 6-7 years I attended almost every away game and pretty much nothing short of a wedding or funeral would keep me away. I started to wind it down last season and have only been to 3 or 4 this season as having a 6 month old baby makes justifying several hours away from home every 2nd Saturday on top of every home games is difficult.

I don't think that's unique in that you'll have your young folk with no commtiments, folk who can take their older kids with them and folk who's kids have grown up who can commit to attending every other week away. You will have a decent number though who have young kids, kids who play football on a Saturday morning, folk who have to compromise and do other things every 2nd week to get their free pass for home games and so on.

18Hibee75
17-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Always thought McCoist seems a decent guy and honestFWIW I agree, he took the stick well to be fair and played along with it.

Billy Whizz
17-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Saw a few phone cameras taking videos last night
Can anyone post them on here please

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Saw a few phone cameras taking videos last night
Can anyone post them on here please

This has to be the worst. Why are folk obsessed with filming everything? Nothing more frustrating when trying to create an atmosphere and someone decides its ok to stick a camera in your face. Put it away and join in - instead of scoring social media points.

Hermit Crab
17-03-2018, 10:23 AM
This has to be the worst. Why are folk obsessed with filming everything? Nothing more frustrating when trying to create an atmosphere and someone decides its ok to stick a camera in your face. Put it away and join in - instead of scoring socia media points.

Fair point that actually. :agree:

Eaststand
17-03-2018, 10:31 AM
This has to be the worst. Why are folk obsessed with filming everything? Nothing more frustrating when trying to create an atmosphere and someone decides its ok to stick a camera in your face. Put it away and join in - instead of scoring social media points.

I take your point Ross, but even though I was at the game last night, chanting, singing, supporting our team etc, i still enjoy re-living the match atmosphere the day after by watching any clips from the crowd, so there's def room for both viewpoints ;-)

GGTTH

InchHibby
17-03-2018, 10:55 AM
Yeah just back from baltic Perth
...Flo applauded the fans several times tonight I think he likes his new song [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
He should do it was written especially for him😎

Billy Whizz
17-03-2018, 11:06 AM

Ross, I was only asking so I could send onto the wee lads I took to the game last night, helps them learn the songs
About time the group had a serious dialogue with LD, and got a better place in our stadium.
I love the noise and colour they create, sparks the rest of the support. However I only get to enjoy them at away games, I sit in the East, and can’t hear a thing on home match days

WestStandWillie
17-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Braw atmosphere last night. There was a group of fans in the over spill stand booing Liam Craig all match. Nae need like.

Carheenlea
17-03-2018, 01:44 PM
I think our away support is more of an evolving group.

For 6-7 years I attended almost every away game and pretty much nothing short of a wedding or funeral would keep me away. I started to wind it down last season and have only been to 3 or 4 this season as having a 6 month old baby makes justifying several hours away from home every 2nd Saturday on top of every home games is difficult.

I don't think that's unique in that you'll have your young folk with no commtiments, folk who can take their older kids with them and folk who's kids have grown up who can commit to attending every other week away. You will have a decent number though who have young kids, kids who play football on a Saturday morning, folk who have to compromise and do other things every 2nd week to get their free pass for home games and so on.

I said the same after my two - probably keep the ST but won’t do so many away matches. It didn’t last that long and was soon back on the road as much as I did before :hilarious
It’s not easy to juggle family life and personal social life - some can combine the two, but that’s an expensive old business. If my girls (6 & 3) were going to games along with my wife say, there is no way I could afford to take them to many away games.
As I said before, watching Hibs is great right now, particularly in the road where there is a real camaraderie with the support and also with the team - long may that continue.

Johnny Clash
17-03-2018, 05:20 PM
I love the noise and colour they create, sparks the rest of the support. However I only get to enjoy them at away games, I sit in the East, and can’t hear a thing on home match days

Fill the corner in between East and FF and make it safe standing. I reckon that would be the solution using the available free space which happens to be the largest space of all the four corners.

SirDavidsNapper
17-03-2018, 05:23 PM
Fill the corner in between East and FF and make it safe standing. I reckon that would be the solution using the available free space which happens to be the largest space of all the four corners.

Great shout

theonlywayisup
17-03-2018, 05:37 PM
:tin hat: tin hat on, so please don't get too defensive, please.

Whilst the Kamberi song is great, you can hardly hear it on telly. The song hasn't got the big impact lines.

"We've got McGinn", "Allez etc", "Glory, glory to the Hibees" and other well known songs have that big impact part at the beginning that suck you in and get you singing out load. I'm not sure the Kamberi song has the same impact.

I knew the Kamberi song was being sung, but a neutral would have struggled to hear it and no idea what is was about.

:cb just saying.

Babyshamble
17-03-2018, 05:56 PM
:tin hat: tin hat on, so please don't get too defensive, please.

Whilst the Kamberi song is great, you can hardly hear it on telly. The song hasn't got the big impact lines.

"We've got McGinn", "Allez etc", "Glory, glory to the Hibees" and other well known songs have that big impact part at the beginning that suck you in and get you singing out load. I'm not sure the Kamberi song has the same impact.

I knew the Kamberi song was being sung, but a neutral would have struggled to hear it and no idea what is was about.

:cb just saying.was at the game,struggled to hear the words to be honest.the that's entertainment song was quality tho 👍

wearethehibs
17-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Good thing football fans don’t sing songs for the neutrals watching on the telly.

Kamberi himself seemed to love it. That’ll do for me

HTD1875
17-03-2018, 10:38 PM
Ross, I was only asking so I could send onto the wee lads I took to the game last night, helps them learn the songs
About time the group had a serious dialogue with LD, and got a better place in our stadium.

Fair play taking a positive thread about our away support and managing to get a dig in at the singing section. Not sure if it’s an attempt to be constructive however to me the final part of the post is totally uncalled for.

SideBurns
17-03-2018, 11:06 PM
Great shout

If it's possible financially, a terrific idea.

Carheenlea
18-03-2018, 12:28 PM
Fair play taking a positive thread about our away support and managing to get a dig in at the singing section. Not sure if it’s an attempt to be constructive however to me the final part of the post is totally uncalled for.

Billy says he enjoys the noise and colour the group drums up at away games, but look through the many posts on the subject of singing location and he is not the only fan who sits in the East who’s made observation of the fact that the group are not heard as loudly in their current location. Don’t see what comments you deem to be uncalled for?

Billy Whizz
18-03-2018, 12:55 PM
Billy says he enjoys the noise and colour the group drums up at away games, but look through the many posts on the subject of singing location and he is not the only fan who sits in the East who’s made observation of the fact that the group are not heard as loudly in their current location. Don’t see what comments you deem to be uncalled for?

Thanks, that’s exactly what I meant
I love the singing section, can’t hear them from my seat in the East, due to their positioning

Thecat23
18-03-2018, 01:07 PM

I love how we have a signing section but I can barley hear it in the West. There is nothing in his post that is having a go at them. In fact no one is we just would like it moved so it can generate more noise. I think the guys have been superb In trying to get a good atmosphere going at ER.

Thecat23
18-03-2018, 01:10 PM

Can see what you mean, but if folk didn’t then we wouldn’t get as much publicity and my son who’s 7 and obsessed with the signing section wouldn’t know many of the songs as it’s sometimes very hard to hear from where we sit. I think it’s great watching back the crowds reaction to goals and when the whole place is bouncing.

lucky
18-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Singing section belongs in section 43 in the East not stuck away up in a corner. That being said the Harry Potter Natural Order photo would not have happed if the since 1875 were in the East.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 02:14 PM
There was a fan down the front who wasn't too impressed when what looked like a broken part of a seat was thrown from the singing section and hit the fan on the back.

Chuck Rhoades
18-03-2018, 04:32 PM
There was a fan down the front who wasn't too impressed when what looked like a broken part of a seat was thrown from the singing section and hit the fan on the back.

Didn’t make the match, but I’d assume there was a good 4-500 supporters behind him? So the seat was stupidly thrown (also assuming this story is factual) by a Hibernian supporter?

A different spin on it, as opposed to dragging the names of a bus full of supporters who are involved in Since 1875 through the dirt.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Didn’t make the match, but I’d assume there was a good 4-500 supporters behind him? So the seat was stupidly thrown (also assuming this story is factual) by a Hibernian supporter?

A different spin on it, as opposed to dragging the names of a bus full of supporters who are involved in Since 1875 through the dirt.

I seen it happen, the object came from the back row or second back row it was blue and looked like the back of a seat.

Chuck Rhoades
18-03-2018, 04:59 PM
I seen it happen, the object came from the back row or second back row it was blue and looked like the back of a seat.

Should have reported the idiot to the nearest Steward.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Should have reported the idiot to the nearest Steward.

I didn't see exactly who threw it but thats not my style anyway. I dare say there was a lot of drink taken on by a few of them enhancing their performance on the night. The group can surely self police themselves, they must all know each other.

wearethehibs
18-03-2018, 07:42 PM
The seat did not come from the Since 1875 lads. It was thrown from the section to the left of them.

Saw a few of them shouting over to that section not happy about it

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 08:24 PM
The seat did not come from the Since 1875 lads. It was thrown from the section to the left of them.

Saw a few of them shouting over to that section not happy about it

It came from the blue section of seats where there was a lot of young guys (about 30 or 40 of them) standing and singing throughout and filming everything, whether they are are part of the group or just hangers on I'm not sure. I was seated in the section to their left and they looked like the singing section to me!

frazeHFC
19-03-2018, 07:24 AM
It came from the blue section of seats where there was a lot of young guys (about 30 or 40 of them) standing and singing throughout and filming everything, whether they are are part of the group or just hangers on I'm not sure. I was seated in the section to their left and they looked like the singing section to me!

I saw this happen and it certainly wasn't thrown by anyone involved with Since 1875.

Hermit Crab
19-03-2018, 12:44 PM
I saw this happen and it certainly wasn't thrown by anyone involved with Since 1875.

Any idea who the group were that threw it then? There was a lot of them up the back. Actually looked like a bus load given the numbers.

Keith_M
19-03-2018, 03:36 PM

It might have been an idea to point that person out to the Stewards. If it was part of a seat, somebody could have been injured.

CapitalGreen
19-03-2018, 03:44 PM
Any idea who the group were that threw it then? There was a lot of them up the back. Actually looked like a bus load given the numbers.

It was probably just thrown by one person as opposed to a group.

Carheenlea
19-03-2018, 04:21 PM
Heard that the guy who threw the chair did so after queuing to find that the steak pies were sold out after bulk buying from other fans.