PDA

View Full Version : Stubbsy and BT Sport

Diclonius
16-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Not to knock BT Sport - their coverage of Scottish football is by and large superb and much better than the joke that is Sky Sports. However, have to say - every time Stubbs is a pundit they always seem to give him the maroon microphone. Coincidence? :wink:

BlackSheep
16-03-2018, 10:07 PM
It’s cos Sutton always steals the green one.... usually Michael Stewart takes the red one tho.

overdrive
16-03-2018, 10:34 PM
Was it just me or did both Craigan and Sutton come out with naughty words tonight? I’m sure Craigan, by accident, said the ‘eff word’ instead of ‘front’ when St johnstone brought on their third striker. Then I’m positive Sutton described St Johnstone’s play as “half arsed”.

Greenfly
16-03-2018, 10:40 PM
Not to knock BT Sport - their coverage of Scottish football is by and large superb and much better than the joke that is Sky Sports. However, have to say - every time Stubbs is a pundit they always seem to give him the maroon microphone. Coincidence? :wink:

Hadn't noticed ... maybe I've got a life after all!

skyhibs
16-03-2018, 10:44 PM

bt sports is much more inferior to sky sports

madabouthibs
16-03-2018, 10:46 PM
BT is much better than SKY for Scottish football. SKY can't wait to get onto something else, lucky to see any aftermath analysis.

Ilovehibs
16-03-2018, 11:04 PM
Some coat for Stubbsy. Needed it mind.

DavieRoy
16-03-2018, 11:18 PM
I think BT get far more praise than they deserve. It is more that people hate Sky more.

Last week Sky were excellent. They did a whole day of Edinburgh Derby stuff, they had plenty online and social media and plenty of old games on the Sky box to download. They had the two managers interviews early in the week. Where Sky went wrong was not enough post match or staying with Sunshine On Leith.

The first BT had of this game was tonight. The guy Darrell Currie is very good but they don’t cover as much as Sky or BBC but they spin it better.

davhibby
16-03-2018, 11:53 PM
I think BT get far more praise than they deserve. It is more that people hate Sky more.

Last week Sky were excellent. They did a whole day of Edinburgh Derby stuff, they had plenty online and social media and plenty of old games on the Sky box to download. They had the two managers interviews early in the week. Where Sky went wrong was not enough post match or staying with Sunshine On Leith.

The first BT had of this game was tonight. The guy Darrell Currie is very good but they don’t cover as much as Sky or BBC but they spin it better.
Sky did well with the build up, but as soon as the game was over they couldn't get away quick enough. Scottish football is by and large an afterthought for Sky. BT give proper coverage of every game they show, even when they showed St Mirren v Dundee Utd in the championship earlier this season

DavieRoy
17-03-2018, 12:08 AM
Sky did well with the build up, but as soon as the game was over they couldn't get away quick enough. Scottish football is by and large an afterthought for Sky. BT give proper coverage of every game they show, even when they showed St Mirren v Dundee Utd in the championship earlier this season

I think they have done well and mixed things up. It will be interest Not to see how they take it on. As a whole package, Sky and BBC do more throughout the week. Both Sky and BBC’s stuff gets saturated by other shows and/or sports. BT don’t do anything until game day and do nothing when they don’t have a live game. Is that proper coverage? BBC have bought Scotland’s away friendlies that are upcoming, it would have been easy for BT to purchase them.
BBC and Sky do their own highlights shows, BT buy theirs in from the SPFL’s World Feed provider. Is that proper coverage?

I think they have been good for the game, it is how they take it on or how the rest react to up their game.

davhibby
17-03-2018, 12:14 AM
I think they have done well and mixed things up. It will be interest Not to see how they take it on. As a whole package, Sky and BBC do more throughout the week. Both Sky and BBC’s stuff gets saturated by other shows and/or sports. BT don’t do anything until game day and do nothing when they don’t have a live game. Is that proper coverage? BBC have bought Scotland’s away friendlies that are upcoming, it would have been easy for BT to purchase them.
BBC and Sky do their own highlights shows, BT buy theirs in from the SPFL’s World Feed provider. Is that proper coverage?

I think they have been good for the game, it is how they take it on or how the rest react to up their game.
Fair point. Would be nice if one of Sky/BT would do a proper feature length highlights show to maybe force sportscene in to doing something better

murray26
17-03-2018, 12:20 AM
BT is much better than SKY for Scottish football. SKY can't wait to get onto something else, lucky to see any aftermath analysis.

I agree BT have a much better team.. I’m thinking of ditching sky sports altogether.. hopefully BT don’t change

DavieRoy
17-03-2018, 12:22 AM
For me, if Sky tried harder and didn’t saturate Scottish football, it would win hands down as they have all the tools and platform. The fact BT is doing well is credit to them but they are hitting a glass ceiling and it is how much they want to push it now. I totally get that they don’t want to promote each other’s games etc and maybe that is holding back coverage. Sky could do some much more but do more than they get credit for. BT don’t do as much but do it better with what they do do.